Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,675 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! (11998 Views)

Again, A Middle Belt Man Is Chosen For Another Odd Job. Picture. / Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode / How Elections Was Rigged In The North By An ADHOC Staff.photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Beaf: 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2010
006:

Mr., which bad belle? Who cares if you want to form an alliance with SW, MB, NE, or NW.
What we are saying is: Set Us Free!
We are Biafrans and want to be so.

This is not about Biafra, so please stop the emotional blackmail. We respect Biafra.
This thread is about you and the Middle Belt. It is about a Middle Belt dude expressing interest in allying with the South South.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by FACE(m): 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2010
biina:

No. it shows that the average Nigerian cannot see beyond the bridge of his nose.
Our diversity is not our problem, but that we focus and amplify our differences, instead of consolidating the things we have in common, and using our variation to complement each other.
This is difficult when each feels he is the goose laying the golden egg, and that he would be better off on his own.
One should look at the Europeans and their bid to come together to present a common front competing against the US and the asian heavy weights. Yet, here we are in Nigeria, Africa, and the black race, still self perpetuating divide and rule mentality.

Quite rich coming from someone who delights in bigotory. A little introspection may be useful here, but then your holier than thou attitude may prevent any form of introspection.  

By the  way, EU nations have maintained their sovereignty and seperate armed forces, and there are several areas in some member states wanting their own independence.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by mohid(m): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2010
@katsumoto i totally disagree with u. the average southerner is not for disintegration, just for an equal playing field on every level. He wants to be able to be sure he can join the army and rise to become a general if he puts in his best and deserves it. He wants to be able to get a federal scholarship when he gets a high score and not waived aside because of an audacious quota system that encourages mediocrity. He wants to able to watch the super eagles team at the world cup, with all 11 players on the pitch  the best the country can offer even if they are all from Owan-west in Edo state or takum in Taraba and not a team selected to portray an obscene "federal character system", simple yet seemingly elusive
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by SapeleGuy: 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2010
biina:

No. it shows that the average Nigerian cannot see beyond the bridge of his nose.
Our diversity is not our problem, but that we focus and amplify our differences, instead of consolidating the things we have in common, and using our variation to complement each other. This is difficult when each feels he is the goose laying the golden egg, and that he would be better off on his own.
One should look at the Europeans and their bid to come together to present a common front competing against the US and the asian heavy weights. Yet, here we are in Nigeria, Africa, and the black race, still self perpetuating divide and rule mentality.

That is because nigerians do not believe in nigeria. Ethnicity comes first because this where the real nations reside.
It is only logical that those who are currently excluded, reason that they can do better (or at least no worse) on their own.

The only hope for 1 nigeria is to embrace equality for all ethnicities, conduct genuine census, fair elections, resource control and decentralisation.

If we can't do one of these things soon, then can the last person please turn off the light generator as they leave what was nigeria.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Katsumoto: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2010
mohid:

@katsumoto i totally disagree with u. the average southerner is not for disintegration, just for an equal playing field on every level. He wants to be able to be sure he can join the army and rise to become a general if he puts in his best and deserves it. He wants to be able to get a federal scholarship when he gets a high score and not waived aside because of an audacious quota system that encourages mediocrity. He wants to able to watch the super eagles team at the world cup, with all 11 players on the pitch  the best the country can offer even if they are all from Owan-west in Edo state or takum in Taraba and not a team selected to portray an obscene "federal character system", simple yet seemingly elusive

I can not disagree with the above. With regards to the average southerner, I intentionally stated that the observation applies to posters on these forums. Without my observation of southerners on these forums, I wouldn't have reached that conclusion.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by 006(m): 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2010
i totally disagree with u. the average southerner is not for disintegration, just for an equal playing field on every level. He wants to be able to be sure he can join the army and rise to become a general if he puts in his best and deserves it. He wants to be able to get a federal scholarship when he gets a high score and not waived aside because of an audacious quota system that encourages mediocrity. He wants to able to watch the super eagles team at the world cup, with all 11 players on the pitch  the best the country can offer even if they are all from Owan-west in Edo state or takum in Taraba and not a team selected to portray an obscene "federal character system", simple yet seemingly elusive

It's only a dream that can NEVER come true. We have an adage that says: What an old man sees on the ground, a kid cannot see it on a tree top.
Nigeria is a farce, made of disparate peoples and cannot grow above "federal character system". We, Biafrans, have seen it and our minds are made up to leave for our own good.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2010
All I know I be damn if the Middle Belt people join forces with the fictional term called 'South-South.' The people who fought against Biafra continue to join forces with each other.  angry

Then you have foolish Beaf who wants to sideline the Ndi Igbo. That is why I do not trust him.

THE VIEWS OF BEAF DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF THE NDI IGBO! WE STILL SEE THESE TRAITORS AS SABOTEURS.

HERE IS ONE TRAITOR!

Isaac Adaka Boro! The Ijaw traitor himself

Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nafifi(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2010
As a northerner reading this article really hurts, dont blame the writer though, its obvious he is a tribalist, cos I feel whatever is happening today in this country cant be directed to a region alone, Yes I admit there are areas we northerners must address, I feel the writer has failed to highlight the problems of his own people.
What baffles me with this jos case is that the areas d so called indigens are mostly Hausa-Fulani named (anguwan rimi, nassarawa, gada biyu etc) clearly describing the contribution of the so-called settlers to the development of these areas, economically they have been dominant.
It is obvious that the Hausa-Fulani have contributed immensely to the development of jos and Nigeria as a whole, just as I see every other Tribe in this country.
But I want to use medium to call on all Nairalanders not to allow individuals like this writer poison their beautiful Nigerian minds, we can make this country a better place regardless of ur tribe or religion, something so many are already doing.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by akigbemaru: 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2010
EzeUche:

All I know I be damn if the Middle Belt people join forces with the fictional term called 'South-South.' The people who fought against Biafra continue to join forces with each other.  angry

Then you have foolish Beaf who wants to sideline the Ndi Igbo. That is why I do not trust him.

THE VIEWS OF BEAF DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF THE NDI IGBO! WE STILL SEE THESE TRAITORS AS SABOTEURS.

HERE IS ONE TRAITOR!

Isaac Adaka Boro! The Ijaw traitor himself

I think Biafrans know better, you have your territory which is just 27, 000 km square, if you want to break, you don’t have to tell nobody and you have the advantages to talk in ibo language which others don’t hear. Tell your people to come to village from every other parts of Nigeria. This time, I promise no government officials will go and fight you on your God-given territory. But guess what, you have to learn from the history and don’t let it repeat itself. Just like you are willing to die by setting yourself ablaze; but you are willing to forcibly drag innocent people with you. That was the case of Biafran war. It would have been a success, if you didn’t choose to drag Ijaws, Itsekiris and Ibibio with you. Guess what, they will end of selling out, because nobody wants to remain under anybody’s hegemony nowadays.
You have the opportunity to form a biafran nation which should be just ibo inclusive, but the Ibo’s spirit which I termed greediness and precocity for wealth and other people’s which puts you in danger.
Forget about minority, if Ijaws, Urhobo, Itsekiris would have to follow anybody it would be Edo, they are all South South have been living in the peace and harmony. You people (ibo) should only be concerned about SE. Did you hear when Ijaw man told you all they need is to cut the River Niger Bridge, if they do I want to see how ibo will swim back. History has it that you have been living under the influence of Edo and Ijaw so don’t abuse the privilege given to you.
The reason why I include Edo to the group is simple, they are more or less like a minority and that will balance the equation in that region and no group will subsume each other and Edo has large land per person’s ratio [but Edo might need to warn their King that in this new entity nobody is a king and everybody will be a foreman]. In case of putting ibo in this equation, it may be catastrophe and also misnomer. Ibo does not have any genuine interest in this region other than shammed calculations to secure more land to alleviate the burden of its exponentially arithmetic overcrowding. One could infer this from how Ibos suddenly exclaved and took over Port-harcout before the intervention by Nigeria soldiers. Ibos have seen that Biafran land is lanlock and they need portharcourt to have access to sea. Thanked to Adaka Boro, may his soul rest in perfect peace right now. He knew the chicanery of ibos at best and he fought against and he was a valor at last. {I know ibo heart cringes and you may want to roll your eyes when you see or hear that name, but it’s what it’s you can’t do nothing about it.
The world is watching be warned, if you secede today you can’t claim land beyond five ibo states, if you want alliance with the south south in their new nation, you will have to write application and sign (MOU), not wanting to merge them with you. It’s quixotic to think that will be possible.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by naso2(m): 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2010
@ezeUche

First you need some education here that the War was a mixed bag. Some Ijaws fought on the Nigerian side while some others were with the biafran army. So using the war as premise to derail the thread and call for the extermination of Ijaws(if that is really possible) is weak.

Noted Adako Boro's approach did not go down well with the Igbo's. However also consider that  this man staged a mini-war 15 months before the civil war started, against regional and Federal troops for 12 days , in an attempt to seek social justice for the utter neglect of the core Ijaw communities .  To him then the regional government was more culpable than even the federal govt.

I would not want to derail this thread further  but an objective analysis will show clearly that there where mistakes on both sides. Delving on those mistakes except for corrective actions will only drag us far back.

Lets forge ahead. We have everything to gain by creating strategic alliances based on mutual respect.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by kettykings: 10:58pm On Mar 06, 2010
Akingbemaru are you ijaw and yoruba, this oil you people are cursing and fighting for will not last beyond 2014, also if after the military forces secured the niger delta in 1967 civil war why didn't they just allow the troublesome igbos leave.

I don't think the trouble with nigeria is with Hausa fulani tribe eventhough the have a proportion of the blame, the trouble with Nigeria is Nigeria's wicked looters, please people find out the first head of state to embezzle and loot nigeria . He and his tribe is the problem with Nigeria.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by mohid(m): 12:00am On Mar 07, 2010
@Nafifi now this is the same kind of argument that keeps us in this stalemate. What part of the write-up is untrue, there was nothing tribalistic in what was said. I lived in the north half of my life and grew up seeing southerners claim northern indigeineship to get into unity colleges. I grew up in a town called Numan in Adamawa state; it is predominantly occupied by the Bachama (a Christian tribe) and had the Hausa/Fulani settlers that were allowed to initially stay, eventually started fighting and claiming it was their land until they were dealt with the jos style. In Adamawa the Hausa/Fulani occupy only a few local government areas (including Yola the capital) but the xtian majority has never produced a governor. 
If you are honest you would admit that you have probably enjoyed some advantages over your fellows in getting to where you are if you are Hausa/Fulani. I know how many doors I get opened because I can speak Hausa fluently and probably pass for a Northerner.
Until you Northerners apologize for years of taking undue advantage and abuse of other ethnic groups, you continue to justify @006 claims for disintegration.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by gidson12(m): 12:33am On Mar 07, 2010
No comment
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 12:37am On Mar 07, 2010
mohid:

Great summary! My friend you have just nailed it. But then again I know that this is no secret. In some sense, the greatest "crime" the early nationalists like Zik committed was to advocate those, but guess what, none of his peers -Awolowo and Sarduana believed in that. undecided They wanted regional supremacy and Zik "sold" Igbo interests to that spirit.  angry
Nigeria fought a civil war just six years after independence -the root cause was the same thing: Nigerians have different visions about what the country should be. Neighbors woke up and started killing their neighbors on the pretext that a "regional coup" was conducted. When the victims wanted to leave, a greater killing took place to force them back into the federation.

Today, some of the sections (middle belt) who fought against those wanting to escape injustice (the east) are now crying that they are not one with the leaders of the war (Hausa/Fulani).
Like I've said before, this topic is about the north and if anyone wants to discuss southern or eastern affairs, they should start one. Anyone harping on those eastern affairs (even if they are easterners) on this thread is an idiot.  cool

If middle belt want to form alliance with anybody, they are FREE to do so. The Igbo is also FREE to form alliance with anyone anywhere. I have advised my Igbo folks here to stop yapping because there is NO NEED for it. Empty drums make the most sound. The Igbo will welcome alliance with anybody who believe in our ideals: equality of all before the law -Igbo enwe eze (Igbo has no king!), everyone is EQUAL. I can't say that enough. If any alliance forms to undermine us in Nigeria, we will also ally to undermine the whole of Nigeria.  cool We have nothing to lose after Biafra.
Back to topic.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by styles2009: 1:17am On Mar 07, 2010
[b]
Nafifi:

As a northerner reading this article really hurts, dont blame the writer though, its obvious he is a tribalist, cos I feel whatever is happening today in this country cant be directed to a region alone, Yes I admit there are areas we northerners must address, I feel the writer has failed to highlight the problems of his own people.
What baffles me with this jos case is that the areas d so called indigens are mostly Hausa-Fulani named (anguwan rimi, nassarawa, gada biyu etc) clearly describing the contribution of the so-called settlers to the development of these areas, economically they have been dominant.
It is obvious that the Hausa-Fulani have contributed immensely to the development of jos and Nigeria as a whole, just as I see every other Tribe in this country.
But I want to use medium to call on all Nairalanders not to allow individuals like this writer poison their beautiful Nigerian minds, we can make this country a better place regardless of your tribe or religion, something so many are already doing.
[/b]
@ Naffi
I would be damn to agree with your opinion and i know your heart fell as you read this piece and you couldn't believe such truth would be published for so many to read for free without censorship or an manipulation from any Editor.
All i want you to know that as long as SNC (Sovereign National Conference) is not organized in Nigeria, many would still be marginalized and things would continue like this for many years to come.

I hope you go through this forum well and read the April 1990 Coup deceleration, "Those guys where right" all this are still happening today and 98% of us reading that speech would have wished the coup was a success as it would have solved many problem of our country.

As i once read on an internet forum pertaining to the 1990 Orka coup,"They had no fear in their eyes as they knew death was near"

Let everyone on this forum read that speech and tell me, If, they were not right?

Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by amosnaira: 2:50am On Mar 07, 2010
really u are a phd holder. apart from the content of this write up, generally, it is scholarly organized.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by udezue(m): 4:20am On Mar 07, 2010
EzeUche, Bombay, 006,

DAMN IT!!! U guys are making me sick. This topic is about Middle belt people rising up against a common enemy and u guys are here yanning opata about who will annhiliate each other. Ijaw won't do it neither will the Igbo and that is a fact. Its not even possible. Drop the issue please. Not all Ijaw betrayed Biafra please.

BTW!!!!!
Igbo land got enough oil, coal, etc from Enugu, Abia, Imo to Ndoni, Rivers state so the idea that Ijaw will use their oil to hold the Igbo ransom is silly. No one is landlocked in the East. The Efik-Ibibio, Igbo, Ijaw, Ogoni, all have access to the sea so lets stop this stupid talk. Oil is everywhere in the East from Calabar to Warri to Anambra to Rivers so no one is gaining or losing anything. JEEZ!!!!

OYB "you lot can't even coherently beef those jihadist cattle rearers without falling to fighting among yourselves , while there is a myth of a united north, the fact that there is a disunited, fractious south is clear for all to see."

GBAM!!!!!

Our people make me SICK.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by udezue(m): 4:29am On Mar 07, 2010
The article is an eye opener. The Idoma, Igala, Tiv have more in common with Easterners than they do with the North.

Any alliance is welcome man. We can't forget the past but we won't let the past hold us from seeking accepting meaningful alliances that we'll benefit us. We have a common enemy so guy quit BItchhing @ eachother.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by fatai2: 6:53am On Mar 07, 2010
diobi,

Wat happen in biafara?
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 7:30am On Mar 07, 2010
udezue:

The article is an eye opener. The Idoma, Igala, Tiv have more in common with Easterners than they do with the North.

Any alliance is welcome man. We can't forget the past but we won't let the past hold us from seeking accepting meaningful alliances that we'll benefit us. We have a common enemy so guy quit BItchhing @ eachother.

My discussion on the Ijaw problem is over. It seems that some of my brothers, refuse to admit that they fear Igbo domination. That is why many of their native sons fought against us, so I will drop the subject.

We all know that the North is not united. Some people despise the Hausa-Fulani. The only people that these Hausa-Fulani respect in the North are the Kanuri. These people were able to fight off Uthman Dan Fodio jihads into their lands.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Kratos007(m): 9:40am On Mar 07, 2010
lovely write up
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2010
For those of you who are ignorant of the tenets of fanatical Islam, the fundamental issue is that Islam cannot mix with any other religion and perhaps in our case the Hausa's see their brand of Islam as purer and distinct from that of the south.

Islam preaches domination and the administering of second class status to non-believers.

No matter how much we discuss these issues there are external forces (Saudi, Niger, Sudan etc ) who are trying to brainwash the Nigerian Muslim into declaring Jihad till the whole country is subjugated. Hence we have the Kaduna crisis where the Muslims know that there is a sizeable Christian community but want to impose sharia anyhow on the whole state.And now Jos , next Benue.

Only FOOLS do not realise this as they, just like the west, are engrossed with this political correctness trash that is endangering the lives of millions worldwide.

80% of crisis world-wide is caused by Islam from Somalia to Sudan and from Russia to Bosnia.

Islam is inherently violent and those who do not join the cause are not considered real Muslims.

The fact of the matter is that Islam wants to dominate and overthrow the Christian Plateau state and turn it Islamic.

Nigerians wake up to this horror or you will be next.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 07, 2010
akigbemaru:

I think Biafrans know better, you have your territory which is just 27, 000 km square, if you want to break, you don’t have to tell nobody and you have the advantages to talk in ibo language which others don’t hear. Tell your people to come to village from every other parts of Nigeria. This time, I promise no government officials will go and fight you on your God-given territory. But guess what, you have to learn from the history and don’t let it repeat itself. Just like you are willing to die by setting yourself ablaze; but you are willing to forcibly drag innocent people with you. That was the case of Biafran war. It would have been a success, if you didn’t choose to drag Ijaws, Itsekiris and Ibibio with you. Guess what, they will end of selling out, because nobody wants to remain under anybody’s hegemony nowadays.
You have the opportunity to form a biafran nation which should be just ibo inclusive, but the Ibo’s spirit which I termed greediness and precocity for wealth and other people’s which puts you in danger.
Forget about minority, if Ijaws, Urhobo, Itsekiris would have to follow anybody it would be Edo, they are all South South have been living in the peace and harmony. You people (ibo) should only be concerned about SE. Did you hear when Ijaw man told you all they need is to cut the River Niger Bridge, if they do I want to see how ibo will swim back. History has it that you have been living under the influence of Edo and Ijaw so don’t abuse the privilege given to you.
The reason why I include Edo to the group is simple, they are more or less like a minority and that will balance the equation in that region and no group will subsume each other and Edo has large land per person’s ratio [but Edo might need to warn their King that in this new entity nobody is a king and everybody will be a foreman]. In case of putting ibo in this equation, it may be catastrophe and also misnomer. Ibo does not have any genuine interest in this region other than shammed calculations to secure more land to alleviate the burden of its exponentially arithmetic overcrowding.  One could infer this from how Ibos suddenly exclaved and took over Port-harcout before the intervention by Nigeria soldiers. Ibos have seen that Biafran land is lanlock and they need portharcourt to have access to sea. Thanked to Adaka Boro, may his soul rest in perfect peace right now. He knew the chicanery of ibos at best and he fought against and he was a valor at last. {I know ibo heart cringes and you may want to roll your eyes when you see or hear that name, but it’s what it’s you can’t do nothing about it.
The world is watching be warned, if you secede today you can’t claim land beyond five ibo states, if you want alliance with the south south in their new nation, you will have to write application and sign (MOU), not wanting to merge them with you. It’s quixotic to think that will be possible.

Deluded statement.

All the igbos in delta state, rivers and bayelsa state will join Biafra.

We will consider as our land anywhere Igbos have a historical heritage and for your information that includes a vast amount of Portharcourt and beyond. I am also aware that Cross river and Akwaibom states would rather join with Biafra than company with the dodgy and envious Ijaws.

Ijaws can go elsewhere, their greed is what makes their development impossible since they want the entire oil reserves for themselves.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by SapeleGuy: 11:42am On Mar 07, 2010
EzeUche:

My discussion on the Ijaw problem is over. It seems that some of my brothers, refuse to admit that they fear Igbo domination. That is why many of their native sons fought against us, so I will drop the subject.

You have been writing pure rubbish and people have told you so time without number.
Take correction, the currency that you have been spending leads to genocide. Change your ways.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2010
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2010
SapeleGuy:

You have been writing pure rubbish and people have told you so time without number.
Take correction, the currency that you have been spending leads to genocide. Change your ways.

I have not called for the annihilation of these people. If you read my previous post, I just said we need to keep an eye on these people. That is all I said. Nothing I said, was wrong.

Did they not rise up against Biafra? If not, then you are rewriting history. That was my fundamental statement. undecided

I am done with the topic.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by true2god: 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2010
#116 on: Yesterday at 10:40:28 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b][b]Majority of the Hausa-Fulani ppl are corrupt, evil-minded and yet so under-civilised. I just want to point-out clearly that Islam DOES NOT support violence and indiscriminate killing of anybody regardless of inclinations. It is so unbelievable that even some of the H-F undergraduates actually believe Nigeria belongs to them to 'rule and manipulate' however they wish.

These ppl don't care about anybody bt themselves, even the muslims from the middle-belt and south are not considered 'true' muslims.

I am a student of A.B.U Zaria, a muslim, but b'cos i don't speak Hausa- i'm from Niger, live in Lagos and speak Yoruba fluently- and b'cos i relate freely with the xtians in my class, i'm considered a traitor.

These ppl are ruling Nigeria bt they simply are not Nigerians, they perpetrate their evil acts using religion as a cover. They stink of falsehood, hatred for non-hausas, illiteracy and devilish thirst for power.

We should all come together- middle belt, South-east, west and south.

May GOD save us.[/b][/b]

This statement credit to Sunkanmi is the most credible posting i have read so far on this thread. We must not deceive ourselves, the earlier we (the southerners/middlebelters) understand this fact, the better for us. Or else our children's children will remain in the servitude of this evil Hausa/Fulani of a race.

And let me point to the fact there are impostors on this nairaland who claim to be igbos but hausa/fulanis or yorubas but fulanis, in order to cause confusion among the cheated pple. My pple make una wake up and reason as inteligent minds.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by edoyad(m): 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2010
@tru2god, Truth is the middle has to do this fight on It's own. While other regions may empathize with our situation only the middle belt can effectively do this battle.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by ololo12: 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2010
@ Frosbel

Deluded statement.

We will consider as our land anywhere Igbos have a historical heritage and for your information that includes a vast amount of Portharcourt and beyond. I am also aware that Cross river and Akwaibom states would rather join with Biafra than company with the dodgy and envious Ijaws.

Ijaws can go elsewhere, their greed is what makes their development impossible since they want the entire oil reserves for themselves.

Speak only for yourself, Don't speak for other ppl, Coz I'm 100% sure Akwa Ibom and Cross River would rather be with the North, Than joining Biafra, We just can't trust the Igbos.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by asha80(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2010
ololo12

And you trust the hausas
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2010
ololo12 is a d a m n liar.

I have Ibibio and Efik blood running through my veins and I can assure you that the majority of those people will join the Igbos in Biafra.

ololo12 is a Yoruba, He does not know anything about Eastern affairs.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2010
ololo12:

@ Frosbel

Deluded statement.

Speak only for yourself,  Don't speak for other ppl,  Coz I'm 100% sure Akwa Ibom and Cross River would rather be with the North,  Than joining Biafra, We just can't trust the Igbos.

LOL, join the North ?? Is that a joke or what !!

I have calabar friends and we are very close, from my opinion the real hatred for Igbos is from the Ijaws.

You have to understand that ever since the Biafran war Igbos themselves do not trust Nigeria. They have become very desperate in recent times due to extreme marginalisation in many areass of government and industry, hence most of them go into business. But that shows they are enterprising and hard working just like many other tribes. Its not a case of loving money, its a case of survival.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna / Supo Ayokunle: Osinbajo Is Innocent Of N90b Allegations – CAN President / Nigeria Is Committed To Nuclear Non-Proliferation – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.