Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,315 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! (11988 Views)

Again, A Middle Belt Man Is Chosen For Another Odd Job. Picture. / Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode / How Elections Was Rigged In The North By An ADHOC Staff.photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 8:33am On Mar 05, 2010
Abagworo:

@ezeuche and bombay.why fight over nothing.south-south is a manufactured entity while igbo is an ethnic group which still extends deep into south-south.i can assure you guys that if any division should occur,half of igbos will go with rivers,bayelsa,delta while another half will go with akwa-ibom and cross river.the later will work while the former will divide further amidst endless wars.

Most likely scenario.  cool

I have often wondered why the British understood Nigeria more than Nigerians. undecided Lord Lugard accurately described almost all Nigerian tribes in 1914 and he was more right than the Nigerian of 2010! Alarming indeed. The British divided Nigeria into three regions. They knew that is the most viable arrangement. They were right. They even knew where to place the borders! I sometimes blame the NCNC under Zik for allowing the East to go the way it did. Having said that, I blame some minorities as well for being too quick to sell out on the East after being promised eldorado by the conquerors of Biafra. They should have seen that the "the slave who laughs while his peer is being buried ignominiously, must know that the same fate awaits him"(Igbo proverb). Today, we have a scenario where strange bedfellows are lobbed together in a geopolitical zone (to the amusement of the creators) and people are here ranting.
EzeUche, you are quickly acquiring some notoriety here. It will not be good for us to disagree in this forum. "Uzu n'amaghi akpu ogene, ya nee egbe anya n'odu".
Most Igbo don't make noise. This noise making is alien to our culture. We know some other tribes for that. If you say you are Igbo, you would think more than you talk. No offense intended.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2010
@edoyad, that 1990 coup was clearly a middle belt and niger delta coup and it is clear that the same thing nzeogwu and co tried to do, was what orkar and co had in mind, clear revolution, but what i don,t understand is why people fail to see it as such, even today it is long forgotten, let it be clear to those who say the niger delta has not done any thing, to undo the pityable nigerian condition, that, that coup with actors like nyiam, umukoro, orkar, ogboru and co was clearly gallantry.looking at the list of those executed, where mostly from niger delta and of cos the middle belt. like some one said the days of hording information is over, it is right there on our finger tips. and i want to say also that there can be no formidiable alliance btw the niger delta and middle belt without the south east this three have much more in common and of cos are very much marginalised which is the critical issue that we should focus on, rather than the past, i thank God that eyes, ears and hearts are being open.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2010
df2006:

@edoyad, that 1990 coup was clearly a middle belt and niger delta coup and it is clear that the same thing nzeogwu and co tried to do, was what orkar and co had in mind, clear revolution, but what i don,t understand is why people fail to see it as such, even today it is long forgotten, let it be clear to those who say the niger delta has not done any thing, to undo the pityable nigerian condition, that, that coup with actors like nyiam, umukoro, orkar, ogboru and co was clearly gallantry.looking at the list of those executed, where mostly from niger delta and of cos the middle belt. like some one said the days of hording information is over, it is right there on our finger tips. and i want to say also that there can be no formidiable alliance btw the niger delta and middle belt without the south east this three have much more in common and of cos are very much marginalised which is the critical issue that we should focus on, rather than the past, i thank God that eyes, ears and hearts are being open.

Seconded! cool
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2010
@edoyad

I really like your take on these issues. In fact you give me hope that a day will come when Nigeria's problems will be finally solved, because frankly I believe that the middle belt holds the key to the solution. I remember when Orkar and his group struck, how we were all jubilant, only for our happiness to be cut short.
Frankly I believe that the middle belt must still do more (owing to the role they played in the civil war) to deliver Nigeria. Your people must do much much more because circumstances of history and geography demands that -you cannot run away from that. We in the east and south will follow your lead. Right now, you have the David Marks of this world protecting the "northern interest". Those types of characters (northern slaves) must lose elections to the 'edoyads' (free citizens) for us to move forward.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by OYBMEND: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
according to Sanusi

Political uncertainty has no impact on the economy

see thread below for details

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-408661.0.html
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by darqly(m): 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
John Bishara, thank God for people such as yourself who can see clearly that events in the middlebelt are being remotely controlled. I also admire the way you correctly categorised the mish-mash that Daily Trust newspapers stands for. I fear for my homeland, that the price we are paying is grave. But i'm encouraged by the fact that we're now awake to the hausa-fulani scourge and they are now exposed for what they truly represent. Excellent piece!
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Beaf: 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2010
I am quite sure the South South will love an alliance with the Middle Belt. The South South have already shown that strong inter-ethnic aliances are possible even in todays Nigeria. Yes, we have proven that it is possible to be allied on interests as Mikeansy suggested (he's came very late in the day though  wink)
It would be a joy to witness handshakes from the north and south of Lokoja, South South already have relations with the Middle Belt through Agenebode and the Weppa Wanno so no biggie.
An alliance would be most welscomed.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2010
yeah beaf, one can actually swim across to idah from agenebode, infact on market days in bode you see the edos and igalas trading as one people. you see people from anyagba conecting to benin on to lagos from agenebode infact nsukka is much closer to idah than to onitsha which is also down river from agenbode. i see no reason why an alliance should,nt be formed with all this people.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by 006(m): 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2010
If there should be any war again in Nigeria, Ndigbo will simply ignore the Northerners and wipe out Ijaws.
We've really learnt our lesson.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by nduchucks: 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2010
006:

If there should be any war again in Nigeria, Ndigbo will simply ignore the Northerners and wipe out Ijaws.

What an insensitive statement! What lessons advised such a comment?
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 06, 2010
^^^^^^multiple posters
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by bombay: 12:23am On Mar 06, 2010
I have nothing to say to 006 but what i will say is this when that time comes we will be waiting it is not far anymore.
006:

Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by 006(m): 12:28am On Mar 06, 2010
What an insensitive statement! What lessons advised such a comment?

Ijaws are really the problem in the South.
I wish they will provoke us, it's long overdue. It's not like the Yorubas they fought in the West.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by bombay: 12:30am On Mar 06, 2010
006:

Ijaws are really the problem in the South.

Your father is the problem animal like you beast.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 1:11am On Mar 06, 2010
Deleted
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by 006(m): 1:20am On Mar 06, 2010
Your father is the problem animal like you beast.

You think say we be Itsekiris you idiots wanted to annihilate?
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by ayinba1(f): 1:27am On Mar 06, 2010
@topic

And Aondoaaka is a Fulani/Hausa.
Until people start to take responsibility for their actions, no good changes will happen. Tribalism everywhere you turn. See someone on this thread planning to kill all the Ijaws. I bet that guy is also a Fulani/Hausa just pretending to be an Igbo.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by ASL33: 1:32am On Mar 06, 2010
006= ndu_chucks.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 1:34am On Mar 06, 2010
Deleted
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Beaf: 1:44am On Mar 06, 2010
ASL33:

006= ndu_chucks.

. . .A little correction;
[size=14pt]006 = ndu_chucks = EzeUche[/size] grin
EzeUche is the only Fulani man from Arochukwu.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 2:00am On Mar 06, 2010
Deleted
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by akigbemaru: 2:00am On Mar 06, 2010
I am still waiting for that monkey arse a.k.a. onlytruth or onlyfool.
He preached to his ibo folks, whereas, he was the genesis of tribalism on this forum.

EzeUche:

Yea, that is a little extreme to exterminate an entire people.

I rather make them into Igbos, Let them lose their language and culture and embrace greater Igbo culture.

Ibos want to exterminate Ijaws for what? Do unto people what you want people to do unto you. If almighty Yorubas had exterminated or subsumed ibos into our their culture at that time, would there be anything ibos again? So, leave Ijaws alone.
A pot calling kettle black, LIKE THEY SAY. Why calling other tribes a minority when you know that calling your tribe (ibos) a majority is non-exist, should an ordinary shibboleth!!
You Ibos need to stop all your tribal tantrums, because they are becoming the bane of you folks out there.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 2:02am On Mar 06, 2010
Beaf:

. . .A little correction;
[size=14pt]006 = ndu_chucks = EzeUche[/size] grin
EzeUche is the only Fulani man from Arochukwu.

grin grin grin

Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 2:03am On Mar 06, 2010
^^^
I won't put anything past ndu_chucks!
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 2:03am On Mar 06, 2010
akigbemaru:

He preached to his ibo folks, whereas, he was the genesis of tribalism on this forum.

Ibos want to exterminate Ijaws for what? Do unto people what you want people to do unto you. If almighty Yorubas had exterminated or subsumed ibos into our their culture at that time, would there be anything ibos again? So, leave Ijaws alone.
A pot calling kettle black, LIKE THEY SAY. Why calling other tribes a minority when you know that calling your tribe (ibos) a majority is non-exist, should an ordinary shibboleth!!
You Ibos need to stop all your tribal tantrums, because they are becoming the bane of you folks out there.

You Yorubas should not even talk. We all know how you suppressed your minorities in Yorubaland. But, when it comes to minorities in the East, you people want to meddle in Eastern affairs. Do we Igbos worry about you Yorubas in the west or the Hausa-Fulani in the North.

Eastern affairs are for the Igbo only. We will deal with these Ijaws
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 2:05am On Mar 06, 2010
akigbemaru:

So, now that I am here, ok do your worst! cool cool cool

We have your type in Igboland too and I have tried my best to stop him but he won't listen. So yap on idiot.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 2:18am On Mar 06, 2010
It sickens me how some of my fellow Igbo brothers are too scared to say what is really on their mind.

Do you actually think we Igbos can forgive the saboteurs like the Ijaw whose native sun Adaka Boro rose up against Biafra. I will never forgive them. They mistrust my people yet we give them open arms.

I am tired of turning the other cheek. It is not in my blood. My particular group use to be one of the most feared in all of the East. People would tell stories of Aro raids into their communities.

I am an Igbo Nationalist, I despise the Ijaw, I despise those Muslim fools in the north, and I do not trust the Yoruba.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Beaf: 2:21am On Mar 06, 2010
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 2:23am On Mar 06, 2010
Beaf:

^
This is how Fulani's from Arochukwu yarn their dust. grin grin grin grin

Amadioha kpokwa gi oku!

No damn Fulani cattle rearer in Arochukwu. But I do see you lazy Ijaws roaming around with jealous eyes. Speaking Igbo, but envious of the Igbo.

Ojukwu should have subdued you all instead of of invading Benin,
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 2:34am On Mar 06, 2010
EzeUche:

Amadioha kpokwa gi oku!

No damn Fulani cattle rearer in Arochukwu. But I do see you lazy Ijaws roaming around with jealous eyes. Speaking Igbo, but envious of the Igbo.

My sweetest brother! Beaf is NOT IJAW. undecided undecided

It is okay to be angry because of the past. Yes, almost all of us Igbo are angry against some Ijaws and others who betrayed Biafra. But that does not mean that there were no Ijaws or minorities who fought for Biafra. There were many who actually led the cause.  As we speak, there are MANY MANY of them who still love what we tried to do in Biafra. So, when I ask you to rein it in, I really mean it.

We Ndigbo have learned all our lessons and like I've said on this forum, once we dropped the Biafran agitation, there is NOTHING anyone can use against us in Nigeria ,absolutely NOTHING.
So, take your anger and turn it into something useful, and that is to play the Nigerian game like everybody else. We don't owe anybody any morality because we have died trying to be moral. If others make us an offer, we should examine it based on our current circumstance (and never forgetting the past) make an informed decision about our future within the Nigerian family.
I felt I had to make myself clearer.
Meanwhile please let us not derail this thread. It is about the north and not about the east and Ijaw.
If anyone want that topic, they should start one. Thanks!
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Beaf: 2:39am On Mar 06, 2010
EzeUche:

Amadioha kpokwa gi oku!

An interesting character, yarning tuwo!. . . But thats the Arochukwu Fulani's for you!

How's life as the fourth wife of your husband, ndu_chucks? You must been a lovely gift! You don deh make fura dis days?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

My brother OnlyTruth, don't mind that clown jare!
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by akigbemaru: 3:02am On Mar 06, 2010
Ibos, you had better be careful, if you think you can come to West to claim people or land you are joking. If you have people in west, they will all swim back the way they swam forth in the first's place. Yorubas support Ijaws so no shaking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FCT Natives, AOIYEO To President Buhari: We Are Necessary But Not Evil / Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN / Melaye: Buhari's Govt Infested With Fraud, Corruption & Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.