Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12174 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by nossycheek(f): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2007
methink Okotie and his likes only want INEC allocation for campaign so that he can make some cool more money for himself and maybe from some politicians asking/them to step down.

, just thinking aloud!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2007
@nossycheek,

methink Okotie and his likes only want INEC allocation for campaign so that he can make some cool more money for himself and maybe from some politicians asking/them to step down.

, just thinking aloud!

Okotie could have taken up a position as a Minister or anything of the likes if he was in it for money. He is a highly principled person who never compromises his stand. How much money can INEC or anyone give him to shut out his conscience? He is not a money hungry individual, rather he is a great philanthropist. While some may complain about his flamboyant cars, it will be wise for them to consider the fact that he does not even have a house of his own. He rents the house he lives in now, and he has been in it for tens of years.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by jeshua(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2007
Jaybaba:

Somewhere sometime, someone has to stand up for good. The only necessary condition for evil to prevail over good is for good men to do nothing.

Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. left his pastoral job to campaign against black segregation that was the order of the day in the US. Months later J.F. Kennedy won the election and began to implement the wishes of the human rights activist. We all remember Martin Luther King Jr. today for his message - I HAVE A DREAM.

The African Americans at the time realised however their problem and identified with Martin Luther though not en mass. Today, they are enjoying the fruits and benefit of a free nation.

CHRIS OKOTIE in Nigeria is a true picture of that scenario in our Nigeria of today. We are besot with a multitude of problems and one of them is CONSPIRACY against the Nigerian people. Today, Chris Okotie has gotten up to bring a positive change to this country and his conviction is LIVE and GENUINE. So many people do not believe and must not be forced to agree with him or we that believe in his FRESH vision for Nigeria.

But know one thing , All the other political parties in Nigeria are involved in the CONSPIRACY against Nigerians , the common people on the streets. Chris Okotie is a modern day preacher/political reformer. His being a clergyman is a plus and not a setback. We must stop supporting moneybags and identify with persons and a party that intends to bring true CHANGE.

OKOTIE, I support you and the FRESH Team where the people truly come first.
God bless you and God bless the party.
God bless Nigeria

It si interesting to note that you will be comparing Kris Okotie with Rev. Martin Luther jnr!!! It is ridiculous, Luther operated from a different terrain and mind you he didnt resign to pursue any political movement. He was still a pastor in his church and all he was out doing was speaking up for people who dont have a voice of their own. He didnt aspire to become the president of the united States. Check your history books before making affirmations. I have voted for Kris Okotie twice, and do you know why? I dont want to vote for the people I know will ruin our country and when i was making those votes (a newly elected Governor was there doing his rubbish stuff for Obasanjo to become the president, that same stuff of rigging has made him the Governor today) I knew Okotie will never win, but I was glad to do it. It was better throwing away my votes than voting for these hooligans that now rule. Did my decision change anything, probably not. But at least my conscience is clear. I even convinced my friend to vote for him and I was hoping that during this election I will convince more people to vote for him(if I were home), although i know he wont win.
Kris seems a confused man, his marriage, his ministry evrything is in trouble. I love him, especially because of his intelligence and deep knowledge of Greek, mind you I have studied Greek before the guy is good, but I have to be very frank, Okotie has nothing to offer this nation and he doesnt know what he is doing.
If you have been involved in student Unionism you will come to know that it is not those who have good Grammar that rules the student union but those who can harness Oratory with power or better still those who can show stubborn force- Okotie those not have this, PDP owns it.
For now tell okotie to face what he thinks he knows best becos even the Angels have forsaken him for the saturday polls.

Another outrageous post is this one who said there are examples of people in the Bible who quit the pulpit to become Politicians. You better watch what you say!!! Please give chapter and verse? You are blaspheming!!!
Let me tell you what Billy GRaham said (if you know who he is) when asked to become the united states vice president; "I cant stop being the servant of God and become the servant of men".  Let Pastors be Pastors and Politicians be politicians- only the letter "P" is similar. check it out below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-409.0.html#msg4102
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2007
@Jeshua,

How can your post be sound and illogical at the same time?

There is nothing wrong with comparng kris and Martin. Both were fighting for a cuase though using different medium. Okotie today runs a health insurance scheme for the poor in Nigeria, did martin do that? Okotie spoke against the evil of the rulers of his days, Martin did that as well. Instrumentalities may differ, but the purpose is the same.

I know and love Graham, but that is is opinion. Melzhizedek, a priest of the Most High God, whom the Bible declares forshadows Christ Jesus was an earthly king and a Priest at the same time. How on earth we conclude our Pastors can't do the same today is beyond me. The dual role isn't for everyone, but for those with teh conviction, vision and the leading to do so.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tlops(m): 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2007
sai Okotie!!!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by jeshua(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2007
TayoD:

@Jeshua,

How can your post be sound and illogical at the same time?

There is nothing wrong with comparng kris and Martin. Both were fighting for a cuase though using different medium. Okotie today runs a health insurance scheme for the poor in Nigeria, did martin do that? Okotie spoke against the evil of the rulers of his days, Martin did that as well. Instrumentalities may differ, but the purpose is the same.

I know and love Graham, but that is is opinion. Melzhizedek, a priest of the Most High God, whom the Bible declares forshadows Christ Jesus was an earthly king and a Priest at the same time. How on earth we conclude our Pastors can't do the same today is beyond me. The dual role isn't for everyone, but for those with the conviction, vision and the leading to do so.

Martin Luther was not a politician and he didnt abandone his apstoral duties. God is not confused at all, let him resign and go into politics, not try politics and run back into the pulpit to hide after loosing. If he wants to be a politicians, let him resign. We need people who can make sacrifices and take risks. Do you know that Luther was told he was going to be shot because of what he was doing and he still continued. Let me tell you how he fought his battles, He did it from the Pulpit and then to the streets to show he he meant what he preached about. He was doing it for the people who were racially discriminated. if you want to compare, okotie should go to Sudanand Niger republic and become a humanitarian  officer there. You are a joker- Okotie runs an health scheme, what has he done that the likes of Okorochas have not done. but we know why they do it, for their ambition, of course-crystal clear. There are slums where he can go in his village, Luther started from his city and then began to make frequent visitation to west virginia to effect the change he believed God was about to initiate in America. Okotie is not just in his class. Okotie is a great person in his own right but to compare him with MArtin Luther who changed the history of blacks without becoming the president-don't try it.
You speak of Melchizedek, are you nuts- he was a both KING and PRIEST not politician and Priest. Dont you know you can't become  king in ancient times without Royal blood or battle conquest. Melchizedeks life was shrouded in mystrey, how dare you compare him with OKOTIE.
Jesus is both LOrd and KING but we didnt elect him, he is forever who he is. There ia a big difference between KINGDOM and DEmocratic governments. Do you now see sound and logic working together, but if you still can't see it? well,  Okotie has good intentions but intentions are not good enough with what is on ground. Let him live a life that will bring NIGERIANS to him inhis village not him making himself. can I ask you have you ever voted for him and when did you vote for him last?

Billy Graham 's opinion, en? Do you even understand what is called integrity. I guess you attend Okoties church? Shine your eyes and stop believeing in "aborted dreams" no "miscarried dreams". Okoties dream is a miscarriage. simple.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 5:07am On Apr 18, 2007
Do people really see Okotie as the Messiah?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by jeshua(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2007
9ja4eva:

Do people really see Okotie as the Messiah?

That is what amazes me. Okotie? This is not the 30's and 40's when some one with oratory ability will ask the whole nation to follow him blindly like the Germans did.
Okotie, is still in show business and he and hisa followers like[b] TayoD[/b] thinks Nigeria is the National Thearter. They are all kidding?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by goodguy(m): 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2007
@ jeshua

Martin Luther was not a politician and he didnt abandone his apstoral duties.

Martin Luther was a political activist and a pastor at the same time.  By the way, who says Okotie will be abandoning his pastorial duties if he's voted in?

God is not confused at all, let him resign and go into politics, not try politics and run back into the pulpit to hide after loosing.

Is anything wrong with being a pastor and a politician at the same time?  And pray tell, when has Okotie ever "run back into the pulpit to hide after loosing"?  As far as I know, he has not relented from his political ambition since the 2003 elections.  Infact, when the issue of 3rd term came up, it may interest you to know that he was the only presidential aspirant still campaigning as at then.  Wherever you got your facts from, I seriously wonder.

BTW, check this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-26936.0.html

We need people who can make sacrifices and take risks.

Sure we do; and Okotie is indubitably one of them.

Do you know that Luther was told he was going to be shot because of what he was doing and he still continued.

Interesting.  Do you know that threats have been made to Okotie's life as well, because of his honesty and natural tendency to always speak the truth at all times?  As a matter of fact, this is one of the major reasons why he was voted "Man of the Year" in 2002 by the National Encomium magazine.

Let me tell you how he fought his battles, He did it from the Pulpit and then to the streets to show he he meant what he preached about. He was doing it for the people who were racially discriminated. if you want to compare, okotie should go to Sudanand Niger republic and become a humanitarian  officer there.

As TayoD said earlier, instrumentalities may differ, but the purpose is the same.  You don't expect two different people to use the same methods to achieve a common goal.  That is why there is a basis for comparism in the first place.

You are a joker- Okotie runs an health scheme, what has he done that the likes of Okorochas have not done.

Actually, you are the quintessential joker here.  The fact here remains that he has done something for the people.  That others have done something similar does not rule out his outstanding philanthropic acts.  This, as a matter of fact, should be the more reason why he should be voted in.  Since he is not the president yet and is already helping the people in the little way he can, how much more when he eventually becomes the president?  Besides, did you read the context in which TayoD made that statement?

As for the rest of your ramblings on Melchizedek, I think TayoD will be in a better position to reply you appropriately.

Cheers.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:50am On Apr 20, 2007
jeshua:

That is what amazes me. Okotie? This is not the 30's and 40's when some one with oratory ability will ask the whole nation to follow him blindly like the Germans did.
Okotie, is still in show business and he and hisa followers like[b] TayoD[/b] thinks Nigeria is the National Thearter. They are all kidding?

Kai na wa oh.U jst cracked me now.He did say he was directed by God so we neva can tell
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by graciella(f): 9:32am On Apr 21, 2007

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by awen(f): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2007
Quote from: Jaybaba on March 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
Somewhere sometime, someone has to stand up for good. The only necessary condition for evil to prevail over good is for good men to do nothing.

Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. left his pastoral job to campaign against black segregation that was the order of the day in the US. Months later J.F. Kennedy won the election and began to implement the wishes of the human rights activist. We all remember Martin Luther King Jr. today for his message - I HAVE A DREAM.

The African Americans at the time realised however their problem and identified with Martin Luther though not en mass. Today, they are enjoying the fruits and benefit of a free nation.

CHRIS OKOTIE in Nigeria is a true picture of that scenario in our Nigeria of today. We are besot with a multitude of problems and one of them is CONSPIRACY against the Nigerian people. Today, Chris Okotie has gotten up to bring a positive change to this country and his conviction is LIVE and GENUINE. So many people do not believe and must not be forced to agree with him or we that believe in his FRESH vision for Nigeria.

But know one thing , All the other political parties in Nigeria are involved in the CONSPIRACY against Nigerians , the common people on the streets. Chris Okotie is a modern day preacher/political reformer. His being a clergyman is a plus and not a setback. We must stop supporting moneybags and identify with persons and a party that intends to bring true CHANGE.

OKOTIE, I support you and the FRESH Team where the people truly come first.
God bless you and God bless the party.
God bless Nigeria

I am sure you attend Okotie's church. shocked Open you eyes- that a butterfly flies doesnt make it a bird like the eagle.That Okotie stands on the church/clergy man platform doesnt make him a reformer like Martin Luther.For all we know,the platform could just be a farce,IF he wins the election, he will become the politician,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by awen(f): 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2007

I wonder what is wrong with this man of God.
First, he read Law, when it was time for him to go for Law school, he opted for Music and when the ovation was loud he dropped music and became a man of God, now is Presidency. I hope Pastor Chris knows exactly what he wants?
@kenflavor.

At a point,he even experimented with writing.The guy might run himself down if he doesnt remain focused.
"One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus;
we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.”
- Anthony Robbins.

If Okotie becomes presient 2007,nigeria will become like her leader.For another 4years,we will do a lot of tryouts,if we are lucky we will achieve some.Morover, politics in Nigeria isnt child's play,its a jungle game played by characters like lions,alligators,Hippopo's,, i.e all animals with big mouths,big appetites and strong minds.
nuff said, let the sharpest guy rig and win but in all,may God help Nigerians,may God bless Nigeria.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:41am On Apr 22, 2007
Anyone with d latest.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2007
He lost very well in terms of votes but will gain some cash that is to be shared amongst all the contestants. Did someone say N60 million?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2007
LOL.R u for real?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 4Play(m): 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2007
Did Chris Okotie win the election? Someone told me he won
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 11:29pm On Apr 23, 2007
I heard it was Pat Utmoi dt won.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 2:16am On Jun 02, 2007
9ja4eva:

I heard it was Pat Utmoi dt won.
No, Umaru rigged the election.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2007
na wa o
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:08am On Jun 07, 2007
slimnike:

No, Umaru rigged the election.

I know oh.Na so we c am
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2007
Umaru as started giving all the available positions to Northerners.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 1:14am On Jul 13, 2007
Didnt expect less
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2007
Aboki Government. angry angry angry
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by 9ja4eva: 6:25am On Sep 10, 2007
lmao
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by luvlawyer(f): 8:38am On Sep 10, 2007
hisssssssssss i dont like his tie, errhhmm too flowery,
plus what about his jerry curl hair? grin
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2007
luvlawyer:

hisssssssssss i don't like his tie, errhhmm too flowery,
Sadest,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by luvlawyer(f): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2007
lol na you sabi, just asked a question
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by DADDY2or3FISHES: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
luvlawyer:
hisssssssssss i dont like his tie, errhhmm too flowery,
lol interdiction

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

N.L.C Strike: Schools In Ibadan Shut Down, Students Sent Home / Trump poses with Biafra letter Pics IGBERETV / My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.