Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,284 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12172 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Pappy: 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2005
Some of us need to learn to separate State from Religion. When it comes to affairs of the state one should leave religion out of it, simple as that.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by omon(m): 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2005
You can forget that Okotie is a pastor and vote for him. When an Alhaji comes into power, nobody complains.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by joftech(m): 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2005
You can forget that Okotie is a pastor and vote for him. When an Alhaji comes into power, nobody complains.

It's an Alhaji you are talking about not an Imam. What i don't like is that if he eventually become the president there's the tendency for him to have a biased and polarised ideas/views about other religions, this is not good for a secular state like Nigeria.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:26am On Oct 24, 2005
Thats a point.
He might be pushed maybe by an internal force into condemning a religion which will consequently bring conflict to Nigeria.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by omon(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2005
I am not sure you are more aware of Nigeria's secular state than Okotie. He has not made any comment to that effect. There is a state in the midlands or nothern part of Nigeria where the governor is a reverend. He has not killed the moslems in the state.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by joftech(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2005
There is a state in the midlands or nothern part of Nigeria where the governor is a reverend. He has not killed the moslems in the state.

You are talking about Jolly Tanko Nyame of Taraba State, he is not a hardliner like Rev Chris Okotie, he is more on the center than Rev Chris who is more on the right/left wing.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by omon(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2005
What hardline has Chris taken in any public speech? The Zamfara state governor who took a hardline stand with Shariah is about contesting for presidency. I have not heard of anybody talking him down.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2005
We have not heard of that person, untill he publicly declare his moves for presidency, we'll know what to say (as advice). Though, some people buy some such titles, as in, not every Rev. is Rev.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Greatpeter(m): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2005
Then I will become the preciding pastor in his Church grin
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2005
abeg make una leave trouble make he sleep. that man used to be a musician, now a pastor, and a politician, wishy washy. na which way he want go self.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2005
Everything these days na business. Try all round and look for the one that will yield returns.
Even if na native doctor.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jakumo(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2005
DrBigDaddyyg, I agree with you that it is about time a Babalawo Juju witch doctor should be allowed to contest for the presidency of Nigeria.  As we all know, the federal government of today has enrolled an Ifa Oracle priest as a "Special Adviser on Traditional Affairs", indicating that even The Presido is not above a little hocus-pocus every once in a while.

My contention therefore is that the only thing better than a Juju man advising the president would be for another Jujuman to be voted in as head of state as soon as practicable. In this vein I feel compelled to announce that I am currently a 200-level undergraduate in the Ajegunle Institute of Jujuology, due to graduate in January 2007, just in time for the national elections.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2005
Is ok. We have to sit and talk together. Atleast, by that 2007, you must have been matured for Presidency.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2005
its like someone is having a nightmare some where.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2005
Then, we should run to rescue the person. But, is he Jakumo because, i think he is in some serious dreams.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jakumo(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2005
DrBigdaddy my point, again couched in black humor, was that if a Pastor Okotie has been furiously waving his credentials as a preacher in front of the Nigerian electorate so as to attain credibility as a presidential candidate, then by that same flawed logic an illiterate Jujuman should be considered an equally acceptable candidate for the highest office in the land.

My opinion is that any individual who hollers from rooftops about his religious leaning ought not to be trusted for political office in any country which lays claim to a SECULAR democracy.   Most Nigerians would have no objection to their future president being a man of faith, but when that faith is bandied about as the primary asset that a candidate for political office has to offer, then that person may have little else to bring to the table, and would be better off tending their flock as a preacher or imam.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2005
DrBigdaddyg  Abeg my brother there is no such thing as juju this days, those are all myth that our ancestors believed in.  an old adage state once you pass water the thing don pafuka.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jakumo(m): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2005
At last.........someone who appreciates and understands my sense of humor.  Odeku you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by joftech(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2005
DrBigdaddyg Abeg my brother there is no such thing as juju this days, those are all myth that our ancestors believed in. an old adage state one you pass water the thing don pafuka

There are working juju[i](not music)[/i] and those that believe in it's efficacy will do just about anything (major reasons of ritual killings) to get it.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2005
are you Kiding me. SADAM thought he had JUJU when GORGE bush rain 5000 pound bomb on his ass. How come all the JUJU people are not stinking rich, don't let all this people fool you men.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2005
The only functional juju that I know is JUJU music
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by joftech(m): 10:25am On Oct 28, 2005
How come all the JUJU people are not stinking rich, don't let all this people fool you men.

It's a well known fact that a knieve cannot sharpen it's own handle, so that they are not rich does not mean they don't have the wherewithal to make others rich throgh ungodly means.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jakumo(m): 10:55am On Oct 28, 2005
So, Joftech, is your last post to be taken as confirmation that you believe in magic and voodoo ?
Do you also believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy ?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2005
Jacumo tell him please. New Orleans got flooded and they believe in Voodoo. How come they can't predict the hurricane Katrina will kill thousand of people and save us the agony .
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by nana(f): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2005
tufia kwa........he can never become d president shocked
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2005
nana what does tufia kwa means?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by nana(f): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2005
God forbid grin
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by goodguy(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2005
I personally don't see anything wrong in Okotie becoming the president. He declared publicly to the whole nation that God showed him a vision that he will become Nigeria's next president. If he's not lying, then God who said he should go into politics knows what he's doing.

Talking about him buying a hummer jeep, he has the money, so there's absolutely nothing wrong in that. He buys what he wants so I don't think there's any crime in that. Being a pastor does not mean you shouldn't live a comfortable life. To those saying he could have used the money to help the poor, do u know how many poor people he has actually helped that u don't even know of?

Anyway, I wish Okotie the best in his pursuit. I hope he becomes president in 2007, though his chances are very slim.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Odeku(m): 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2005
Well that vision ws only declare to him. I dont think that is what Nigeria need.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jakumo(m): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2005
Goodguy, I beg to differ on your opinion that a man ought to be trusted just because he claims to have God's private cell-phone number. To me, anyone who claims to have direct communication with God, especially with regards to political matters, is a con-man, and a sorry one at that, who should be ignored and ridiculed by anyone posessing even a modicum of common sense.

If Okotie has such an intimate relationship with The Almighty, then Okotie should not even need to aspire to such a comparatively low post as president of Nigeria.  Using his purported direct line to God, Okotie ought to be able to accomplish all that he thinks needs to be done in Nigeria and the world simply by petitioning God to make those changes DIRECTLY, and without stooping so low as to compete with mere mortals for a presidency position.

Goodguy, what I am saying is that if Okotie can rap with Jesus and effect worldly changes, then why can't you do the same ?   Does Okotie's birth-certificate indicate that he was born in heaven, or in Nigeria ?   If Okotie really wants to be taken seriously, he needs to stop making fraudulent claims about supernatural powers. That stuff will only fool illiterates.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by goodguy(m): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2005
I guess u saw where I wrote, "If he's not lying,...."; which means I'm not sure if he's saying the truth or not. wink
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2005
Jakumo, you have said it all. I don't even see why he should produce posters for his campaign since God who can do all things, will simply put him in Aso Rock in his mysterious way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Many Political Parties In Nigeria. Names Please. / Lamido Sanusi Accuses Adeboye Of Shielding Thieves / Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.