Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari (42834 Views)

"Yahaya Bello Ole": Stoning Of Governor By Kogi Youths (Video) / Meet Aishah Ahmad, The CBN Deputy Governor / Edward Lametek Adamu Appointed As CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by lafuria1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
k
Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by noscarn91(m): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
As expected , zoo president favouring his people

6 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
North dey enjoy sha
No, they are not. Have you lived in the North?

5 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Kennykenty(m): 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hmmm mmmmm..,,,
Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Sixaxis: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
A step ahead to start signing the notes..

I pray we all see God's favor..amen!
Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Deicide: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nawa o
Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by cristianisraeli: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Mrs. Aishah Ahmad, as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

According to a statement on Thursday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President had presented Ahmad to the Senate for confirmation.

Adesina said the woman would replace a former Deputy Governor, who retired early this year.
“In accordance with the provisions of Section 8(1) (2) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment) Act 2007, President Buhari urged the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, to consider the expeditious confirmation of Mrs. Ahmad, who would then resume work immediately,” the statement read.

The presidential spokesman added that Buhari had written the Senate, seeking the confirmation of appointment of members of the Monetary Policy Committee of the CBN.

He said the appointees were to replace four members, whose tenure expires at the end of this year.

“The nominees are: Prof. Adeola Festus Adenikinju; Dr. Aliyu Rafindadi Sanusi; Dr. Robert Chikwendu Asogwa and Dr.Asheikh A. Maidugu.
“After Senate clearance, the new members of the Monetary Policy Committee are to resume duties next January,” the statement added.

A banker and investment adviser, Ahmad has over 20 years certified experience with global financial institutions such as Stanbic IBTC Bank, Zenith Bank PLC and Bank of New York Mellon among others.

http://punchng.com/buhari-names-aisha-ahmad-new-cbn-deputy-governor/

hahahaha

we said it

watch her take over CBN soon

buhari and nepotism

like 5 and 6

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by bjayx: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
North favours the north.
Obasanjo n Jonathan favored the north too.
Southerners no get sense...walahi.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by cristianisraeli: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
bjayx:
North favours the north.

i tell you no sense

all we do is betray and fight each other

while the north gets all the juicy appointments

12 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by UfuomaUN(m): 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
Federal Republic of Northern Nigeria and the southern colonies grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Reference(m): 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
See the mess we are in. It is no more what a person can do. It is where the person is from. This country is disgusting. How can we ever progress this way. Citizens of Nigeria must wake up and demand an end to this viscious downward spiral.

10 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by mmsen: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
More of the same from the cow-herder-in-chief.

Once again I will ask - if these people are so wonderful why is their portion of the country one of the worst places on the planet in terms of human development?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Sijo01(f): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Northocresy is the government of the North, by the north and for the north. embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by MChaze25(m): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Sojebrand:
A banker and investment adviser, Ahmad has over 20 years certified experience with global financial institutions such as Stanbic IBTC Bank, Zenith Bank PLC and Bank of New York Mellon among others.

lipsrsealed

Make I read comments first
Is there even anything like investment adviser?
Not the right adjective to qualify that kind of job..
SMH

5 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by piagetskinner(m): 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
the rat slayer in the north yet appoints another northerner

4 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by cristianisraeli: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
UfuomaUN:
Federal Republic of Northern Nigeria and the southern colonies grin grin

lol..you get am correct

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Opakan2: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
So far she's not from a particular region where corruption is celebrated, I'm okay.

I don't know what point there is in you getting political positions if you'll cry witch hunt later when asked to give account of office.

God bless Nigeria!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by seangy4konji: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
na we we gofament.

1 Like

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by ceekay247: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
ogaJona:
Nepotism, favouritism, partiality, sums up Buhari's administration. Northern Agenda

what happened to Adeola and Chikwendu, oh I forgot they are not from the northern extraction

Regardless of the ethnic group she comes from, going by her experience; I think she is quality for the job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by frankpro27(m): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
Sew professors and Doctors, na Mrs e carry d thing give. Favoritism
Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Episteme2(m): 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
Reference:
See the mess we are in. It is no more what a person can do. It is where the person is from. This country is disgusting. How can we ever progress this way. Citizens of Nigeria must wake up and demand an end to this viscious downward spiral.
Is it only in one region that you can find someone who can do a particular thing well? You must adhere to the principles that unite us in diversity. And that is ensuring equitable distribution of whatever among the diverse entities.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by symbianDON(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
if the picture above is that of the said aisha then I have nothing to say

4 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Amarabae(f): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
Emefiele get ready for the sack, aisha ahmed to take over soon!

5 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Opakan2: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
bjayx:
North favours the north.

Easy with the lies abeg..

Obasanjo favoured PDP comprising of mainly North and SE, marginalizing Yorubas

GEJ ran an Igbo only government, wanted to turn North minority. The fool did nothing other than kill them off with fake Bokoharam fight and building of almajiri schools to label them "Poor" when Otueke is there in terrible state.
Even the SE that got all top posts have nothing to show today.

So what are you saying? Be guided biko

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Memphis357(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
The woman fine shaaaa.... But all the same....... F**K BUHARI AND THE APC.

1 Like

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by maestrojohn(m): 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
I just want to know, what is inside that mans head? i know its not brain.

4 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by GavelSlam: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
Jubrin
Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by maestrojohn(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
Sojebrand:

lipsrsealed

Make I read comments first
Shut up!
Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by ogaJona(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
ceekay247:

Regardless of the ethnic group she comes from, going by her experience; I think she is quality for the job.
I don't doubt you, but I sure know that the other tribes going by there experiences are much more qualified for the job, just like her

1 Like

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by boneruns(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
Congrats Aisha.

Until this appointment, she was a staff of Diamond Bank.

Although she's from the North, and some may argue she'll be pro-North, to a large extent this woman is liberal. Even though I feel she'll still do the bidding of those who put her there.

The woman is a good woman and does not anyway a tribal or religious bigot, haven worked with her.

5 Likes

Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Blackfire(m): 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
kennygee:
The way this man loves Aishas ehn.

He is a Muhammad... They always love Aishas
Re: Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hahaha...all these people who are shouting northerners! Nepotism, partiality and whatever didn't u see that she is not the only one sent for confirmation? Didn't u see that there is one so-called igbo man in the list and he can't make it? By the way, Buhari is not the one confirmed her appointment. Aisha was confirmed by the senate. Hahhaha... I can't stop laughing..if u like go and hug transformer. Sai Baba Buhari 2019 provided that Yoruba and Hausa are in this Nigeria. Forget so-called minority.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole On His Way Back To Nigeria, Ready To Face Accusers / More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires / Adams Oshiomhole Dances With Wife, Iara To Celebrate Obaseki's Victory. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.