Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,577 members, 7,840,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan (33021 Views)

Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) / Why We Shutdown Shoprite Stores In Nigeria - Workers / Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by amuwo1980: 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
brainpulse:
When Fashola was shouting that the Senate reduced the budget for the finance of the road despite huge debt owed the contractors by the past administration which his ministry has to pay, the same anti progress Nigerians were happy because it's against this administration, but they never knew that is coming back to hunt the masses.
Monies owed the contractors by GEJ government was the first thing they were settling before the Senathieves reduced the budget for nonsense constituency allowance.

it is like the brain pus is affecting you
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by donnaD(f): 6:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
dondo83:
Nairaland is loosing its credibility, how can such a post make front page with no source?? just hearsay ?? The 100billion sukkuk loan given to the mister last week is for which project??
it's not fake the news is geniue.JBN is closing up even the one at coconut apapa plot1yard has sacked almost all workers working dere.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by mayoor15(m): 6:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
Drversatile:
N100b was given to Fashola last week for these roads.
*I told who ever cares to know that the money is for 2019 campaign*
Get your facts bro, google can always help, Lagos-Ibadan wasn't part of the roads to be repaired with the 100bn.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by donnaD(f): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2017
Quality20:
if true then I don't think they shd shut down work cos gov is a continuum and besides we still av abt two yrs to go in ds buhari administration. J B is actually a big coy so why can't they finish up everything n come to d tables for payments?
JBN is closing up in nigeria.buhari govt did not favour them.they are no longer getting contracts anymore. they have been facing crisis since 3yrs now.most JBN workers especially lagos are now jobless

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by eluquenson(m): 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
We dont have a sincere government in Nigeria, the sacked workers should pray hard to get another job.

Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Rhesusmonkey(m): 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2017
kay29000:
How do we know this news is true? It is not from a newspaper, or a blog, or a reputable person...just he say she say. Na wa o!
Bros thomas, just go to JBN head office in lagos at Ijora olopa and confirm for yourself, or better still you can take a walk to their construction site along lagos ibadan express road, like 7km before the interchange and confirm for yourself.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by LordAdam16: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
mayoor15:
Nice one, when you start your own business baba, dey run am like that, our useless senators that reduced the budget for the road from 40b to 10 or 20bn dem no dey collect salary and allowances ? When fashola were shouting, Nigerians called him names, now JB stopped work and now its JB or fashola's fault.

In his statement, Mr. Abdullahi said the picture Mr. Fashola painted was “a deceit of the highest order.”

The lawmaker said the minister knew that the projects would not be completed in 2019 even if their respective funding were untouched.
“Just going by the last two years of funding where an average of N30b per annum was released, then the nation would have to wait for the next six years for completion of the work,” the senator said.

Mr. Abdullahi said the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway would have been due for completion this year had Mr. Fashola not cancelled a 2013 agreement the last administration signed with some private investors. Under the Private Finance Initiative, the government agreed to pay 30 percent of the contract sum while private investors finance the larger part. But the agreement was cancelled even though construction work on the expressway was 30 percent executed.

He said lawmakers “voted N40 billion” for the expressway, which is the busiest in the country, in 2016, only for the administration to release N26 billion and divert the rest.

“The rest N14 billion could have been allocated to other critical roads across the country,” Mr. Abdullahi said.

Fashola is a criminal.

Don't mention his name again, you hear me?!

-Lord
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by thunderbabs: 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
Kemi Adeosun is always tellin us d FG released smtin point smtin billion for capital expenditure......i wonder whr dt money enters.........Deceitful government.....APC is a sham.

If dt news is true, dey v added more problems to d economy....buhari is a FAILURE.

Quote ursef if u lyk, Buhari na Big tym Failure
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by adeblow(m): 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
brainpulse:
When Fashola was shouting that the Senate reduced the budget for the finance of the road despite huge debt owed the contractors by the past administration which his ministry has to pay, the same anti progress Nigerians were happy because it's against this administration, but they never knew that is coming back to hunt the masses.
Monies owed the contractors by GEJ government was the first thing they were settling before the Senathieves reduced the budget for nonsense constituency allowance.
I believe when loan from the sukuk bond is implement, work will start fully again.

Kindly find below major 25 roads the Sukuk loan will fund
But I thought the sukuuk loan is an islamization agenda.
Some bunch of fools just out to cause confusion in this country
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
donnaD:

it's not fake the news is geniue.JBN is closing up even the one at coconut apapa plot1yard has sacked almost all workers working dere.
wow, seems u knw alot about the coy, I once worked as an sc for JBN on the NNPC Atlas cove project and had frnds at Plot 1 yard, so if they are really dropping workers at the yard, then its obvious the company is finished cos that particular place coordinates all JB marine activities and its there equipment repair centre.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by nairanaira12: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
lol, ask kachukwu or Mr Baru

I don't think it concerns kachikwu.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Duru009(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
APC is a pure scam!

Unfortunate this govt has totally failed

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by talk2percy(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Buhari caused it, he stole our 26billion dollars.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by truthstands11: 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
brainpulse:
I believe when loan from the sukuk bond is implement, work will start fully again.

Kindly find below major 25 roads the Sukuk loan will fund

Absolute rubbish. Govt of the north. Look at the projects. 75% of Nigeria money from south but greater % of work for the north.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Mayflowa(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
sunsewa16:
bubu should please tell his fulani brothers to return back our 26billion dollars, that road don't need to be abandoned because of payment,is a major economy and social gateway, I use God beg oh.

Seriously, we do not have up to $30 billion in our reserve for years yet it is so easy for NNPC to award contract that is more than our national reserve!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Isaacpyo04(m): 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
I just got information from a reliable source in Julius berger that they have shut down their site at the Lagos-Ibadan express road since last week friday, and have rendered more than 400 people jobless. I heard this is as a result of delays on the payment of the agreed contract fees for work already done, and its obviously evident that at the moment the Fg doesnt have the required funding for the continuation of the project.
I don't about the credibility of this, although work was ongoing as at Saturday.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Ken4agent(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
And they expect citizen to pay their tax
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
I create a thread about the conspiracy between Osinbajo and Saraki to keep details of the 2017 budget bill secret from Nigerians . So the fact is that NAss and Osinbajo has sabotaged the 2017 plans for infrastructure and do not appear to have approved any loans for the budget deficit.

https://www.nairaland.com/4105067/details-2017-budget-bill-still

No interest or outrage at all in that thread, yet see them rush in here to blame PMB.

Nigerians need to start distinguishing between who are their enemies (White devils, Osinbajo and Saraki ) and who is their friend e.g Buhari

SOMBites come in here o!

* defend PMB on threads
* follow every other member e.g. go to their profile by clicking on the moniker or use for e.g. www.nairaland.com/GenBuhari and click "follow"
* support posts of other members by quoting, liking and sharing posts from members (or anybody) that support Buhari.
* refrain from making any tribalistic or bigotted comments, avoid quoting or mentioning any PMB haters or tribalist
* recruit and add other Buhari supporters onto our members' list:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
genbuhari, gorotango, kyase, 4kings, trillville, okoroawusa, Lipscomb, gists, Toktee, AMvanquish, tuk2ato, lyricalpontiff, Jaypea98, Prettyvhickie, secretaryabdul, angelsing, SweetSoup, subbieD, HumanPsycho, MzLaurel, whizcode, abduljabbar4, vivaciousvivi, Masterchef, tomakint, SLIDEwaxie, godofwar666, ojlifa, isalegan2, bari22, madridguy, greatiyk4u, goderlist , seedorf441, MalcoImX,  limitless777,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note: SOMBites are not necessarily supporter of APC ruling govt , they are supporters of Buhari as an individual and support his continuation as the president as the best option for president for now.

Comment here and indicate your interest to join this group.
Copy the block of text above and save on your computer so that you can past it a the bottom of your posts where necessary / appropriate
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Keballl: 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
woodmood:

If you are familiar with that road, you will know that work is always commencing and stopping on that road. There was a time obasanjo's image on a billboard was there. Aside that, if work did not stop under Jonathan's, how come the road was not completed in 6 yrs?
I am more than familiar with that road.

Jonathan total revitalization of that road started in 2013 with a time frame to be completed in 2017
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by BetaThings: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
seyigiggle:
evidence of failed government.
I was discussing with a friend recently on the annual maintenance culture before December by the previous Government.
What happened to it since APC took over?
For the past 3 years they have not maintained the roads they inherited nor constructed new.

Hahahahaha
You guys will say anything to discredit this government
Tell me what was the state of Lagos-Ibadan expressway when the man who was borrowing to pay salaries when fuel price was $58 handed over

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/18-states-bankrupt-cant-pay-workers-salaries/

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by BetaThings: 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Keballl:

Jonathan total revitalization of that road started in 2013 with a time frame to be completed in 2017

Proof?
In the first half of 2015, there was nothing done on that road
I challenge you to refute it

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
this is what happens when kolanut chewing mad mullah is in power, it's obvious buhari doesn't give a shiit! about his country. Afterall he has not got long to live so it wouldn't Affect him if nigeria is in a mess for Another 50 years.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by BetaThings: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
GenBuhari:
I create a thread about the conspiracy between Osinbajo and Saraki to keep details of the 2017 budget bill secret from Nigerians . So the fact is that NAss and Osinbajo has sabotaged the 2017 plans for infrastructure and do not appear to have approved any loans for the budget deficit.

https://www.nairaland.com/4105067/details-2017-budget-bill-still

No interest or outrage at all in that thread, yet see them rush in here to blame PMB.

Nigerians need to start distinguishing between who are their enemies (White devils, Osinbajo and Saraki ) and who is their friend e.g Buhari

You are lying
I can show you posts before 2011 where I campaigned for Buhari; so don't pretend to love him more than others
It does not make sense for Osinbajo to conspire with Saraki against Buhari
The same Saraki that wanted to be Ag President when Osinbajo stepped out briefly from Nigeria
Even Saraki threatened Osinbajo severally when Buhari was not around, he ignored him!
There is a video of that below

As for capital budget, now watch the interview of the Director of Budget. This is part 1, you can watch the other parts on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqmGfxpRwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poQV3rzK9nQ&list=PL5B1246D55638DD10&index=30
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by BetaThings: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
gypsey:
this is what happens when kolanut chewing mad mullah is in power, it's obvious buhari doesn't give a shiit! about his country. Afterall he has not got long to live so it wouldn't Affect him if nigeria is in a mess for Another 50 years.

Let us compare the actions of Buhari and Jonathan and determine who is more patriotic!
Nothing was done on that road by Jonathan in 2015

And when Fashola cried out over the budget slash, did you protest to the National Assembly?
http://punchng.com/we-owe-contractors-n15bn-yet-nass-reduced-lagosibadan-expressway-budget-to-n10bn-fashola/
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by tifebobo(m): 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
Sad!...No job security... sad
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
BetaThings:

Let us compare the actions of Buhari and Jonathan and determine who is more patriotic!
Nothing was done on that road by Jonathan in 2015

And when Fashola cried out over the budget slash, did you protest to the National Assembly?
http://punchng.com/we-owe-contractors-n15bn-yet-nass-reduced-lagosibadan-expressway-budget-to-n10bn-fashola/
so it' s about comparison right? so because jonathan didn't do anything for nigeria means buhari shouldn't do anything too. why then was buhari voted in? so that he can be like jonathan? in that case jonathan should have stayed in power if there is no different between him and buhari.

How long is jonathan going to be blamed for nigerian problems? forever? buhari was voted to change! Remember?
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
I already explained you how Osinbajo and Saraki sabotaged the 2017 budget.

Why else should a budget Osinbajo assented to remain a secret unless they are hiding things from the president.?

Because they are hiding things from the president and Nigeria is proof that they are conspiring against him.
BetaThings.:

You are lying
I can show you posts before 2011 where I campaigned for Buhari; so don't pretend to love him more than others
It does not make sense for Osinbajo to conspire with Saraki against Buhari
The same Saraki that wanted to be Ag President when Osinbajo stepped out briefly from Nigeria
Even Saraki threatened Osinbajo severally when Buhari was not around, he ignored him!
There is a video of that below

As for capital budget, now watch the interview of the Director of Budget. This is part 1, you can watch the other parts on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqmGfxpRwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poQV3rzK9nQ&list=PL5B1246D55638DD10&index=30
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Keballl: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
BetaThings:

Proof?
In the first half of 2015, there was nothing done on that road
I challenge you to refute it

You are a pathetic and a very shameless liar.

Pictures from 2013 . . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/1532607/lagos-ibadan-expressway-ongoing-construction-pictures

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by TAYO124: 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
I believe when loan from the sukuk bond is implement, work will start fully aga[color=#550000]in.

Kindly find below major 25 roads the Sukuk loan will fund[/quote] grin[/color]

Stop your speculation.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by BetaThings: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
gypsey:
so it' s about comparison right? so because jonathan didn't do anything for nigeria means buhari shouldn't do anything too. why then was buhari voted in? so that he can be like jonathan? in that case jonathan should have stayed in power if there is no different between him and buhari
So why did you call Buhari a "mad Mullah"?
What did he do to deserve that bigoted insult?

I compared the two so that we can know who is really "mad"

gypsey:
How long is jonathan going to be blamed for nigerian problems? forever? buhari was voted to change! Remember?
Nobody is blaming Jonathan for all of Nigerian woes. However the attempt to rewrite history to make it look like Jonathan was a saint will always be resisted
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
People, if I want to go into the politics of that road I will take much space & time. Firstly, I am always around that axis & can say JBN has not worked for some weeks. Infact, I am on a traffic on that road now. Before the budget for the current year was made, there has been an information that money will not be appropriated for the project in the current year as any appropriation in the budget would be used to settle outstanding debt.

The budget prepared by FMW covers debt & continuation of the project. The Senate cut this budget . JBN drew the attention of the minister. Fashola complained. Both houses of the National Assembly attacked Fashola & politicised it by saying money was needed for Niger Bridge, etc. They said there is an alternative funding mechanism to fund the project.

I believe money would be provided through this alternative funding channel as promised by Senate & JBN will return back to work

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by donnaD(f): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
Castroii:

wow, seems u knw alot about the coy, I once worked as an sc for JBN on the NNPC Atlas cove project and had frnds at Plot 1 yard, so if they are really dropping workers at the yard, then its obvious the company is finished cos that particular place coordinates all JB marine activities and its there equipment repair centre.
I don't think the workers remaining at plot1yard up to 100 slf.since 3yrs up till now dey are still sacking workers on daily basis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) / 5 Reasons Why You Should Write ICAN Instead Of ACCA / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.