Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" (25447 Views)

Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS / 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Goke7: 9:21am On Oct 10, 2017
Connoisseur:

I am not spreading any lies. The fact is the north is more populated than the south. The south is more densely populated that is more people compared to a square meter. But when it comes to numbers, the north has it. How many men in the south has up to 15 children.

Also the current schematics of Nigeria favours a northern presidency for life. So until these defects are worked on, zoning is in the best interest of the south.

I am not happy with these facts being a southerner and Igbo for that matter, but I am a realist. So instead of trying to rant, we can only work around it by acknowledging it first, then trying to beat the odds.
Chest beating can't do that.

Nothing favours a northern presidency for life, politics is a game of number, and even when a southerner is a presidential candidate, some northerners will still vote for him or her, some folks in the north still voted for GEJ despite his loss. It's all about how the candidate can sell himself and get the required numbers. The so called northern thing is not as it is as we are in a democracy, even the entire middle or north central can upset the apple cart for anybody. The north is very wide with different and distinct ethnic groups and may not go the same way all the time. It depends on both the candidate and the party

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by johnjay4u2u(m): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2017
Thanks my man.
i will campaign for him freely.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 10, 2017
Nigeria is a zoo, all this zoning is the cause of these corrupt things calling themselves leaders. Donald Duke go for it.

Fu***k the corrupt politicians zoning.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by delugajackson: 9:24am On Oct 10, 2017
My man. Anytime, any day. You deserve a shot.

Donald Duke for President. Click Like if you agree.

5 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by agarawu23(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2017
How many of una wan be president sef
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by PointZerom: 9:32am On Oct 10, 2017
49cents:

For the records. At the Twilight of Obasanjo's administration he made the then EFCC boss to investigate the entire 36 state governors and ONLY Donald Duke was 100 percent clean.....
So I was shocked why Obasanjo would choose Jonathan over Duke as yaradua's running mate

Peter Odili was the man the SS recommended to OBJ, but he opted for "weak" GEJ for easy manipulation knowing full well that Yaradua's health won't stand the test of time. When GEJ took over and refuses to be 100% loyal to OBJ, he quickly tore his PDP membership card and secretly joined APC and removed GEJ. OBJ'S goodness ends where his benefits stops.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by EazyMoh(m): 9:39am On Oct 10, 2017
DeRay98:

My friend zoning has never included the minorities. Its either Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba.
Jonathan didn't get it on zoning but on the sentiments of his Yar Adua incumbency...
I don't like PDP but I'd fancy Donald Duke's Presidency.
Stop being politically naive. The zoning was simply between North and south.
OK going by your logic, there wasn't even an Igbo man in the so called arrangement since 1999. It was Yoruba (OBJ) and Fulani (Atiku) ,then Fulani (Yaradua), and I jaw (GEJ) and finally Ijaw and Hausa (Sambo). So in you logic it means the zoning was designed to rotate between Yoruba and Fulani? It's evident no Hausa or Igbo was chosen. And since you refused to acknowledge Ijaw as VP it means Z hausa too shouldn't be in person of Sambo.
As I said the zoning was between North and south period!
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by FriendNG: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2017
NgcoboP:

The northerners who betrayed gej will not enjoy the presidency

Jonathan betrayed northerners and not the other way round. He unofficially agree to contest 1 after completing Yaradua presidency but later throw that agreement away.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by bong4(m): 9:42am On Oct 10, 2017
49cents:

For the records. At the Twilight of Obasanjo's administration he made the then EFCC boss to investigate the entire 36 state governors and ONLY Donald Duke was 100 percent clean.....
So I was shocked why Obasanjo would choose Jonathan over Duke as yaradua's running mate

Duke is smarter than Jonathan. Those guys were looking for a lackey.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by collinsVP: 9:59am On Oct 10, 2017
Mynd44:
Is it not funny that Fayose(along with his brother Wike) was the one that brought Sheriff that cost them about two Guber elections, now it is this same Fayose that is leadin the madness against PDP's quest to take back the presidency by running. Now Uncle Donald has joined and who knows who's next? This is just going to throw the PDP into more internal problems.

People need to start respecting the wishes of their party and not acting like rougue members

That's not correct.

Who is the person(s) you referred to as "the party", making the wishes that should be respected by other party members acting within the dictates of the constitution?

Unconventional internal democracy has been the bane of Nigeria underdeveloped since independence.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by DeRay98(m): 10:12am On Oct 10, 2017
Bolustical:

Oga, if zoning has never included the minorities, how come OBJ left the Igbos in 2007 to handpick an Ijaw Jonathan?

Or if the majority tribes hadn't support GEJ in 2011, would he have won?

Jonathan was only picked by Obasanjo because his lack of ambition didn't pose a threat to Yar Adua, otherwise Donald Duke was there and a better material than Jonathan.
People voted for him because he was seen as ordinary Nig who has not been part of or from the family of the ruling class. He looked quite and humble.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by positivetaught: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2017
PDP should just stay focused n avoid all these distractions n distractors.period.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 10, 2017
i will gladly vote for Donald duke if he eventually runs for the presidency...

Initially i had commented on a post,saying that i would not participate in any voting precess..but i am ready to go against my decision if this fined and bold politician runs...
He is the man Nigeria needs at the moment...let us leave sentiments aside,we all know what he did for cross river state as governor...

Let us conduct small election herer smiley

if you know that you want Donald duke to be president come 2019... Click Like...

If you know u have another candidate click share...

As for me...Donald duke all the way man!..

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by CioAngels(f): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2017
I agree with him, and please run, provided you are not coming to enslave Nigerians.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by dirtyhokage(m): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2017
So is he going to rule Nigeria from US? Trash trash.....*hisses* shiiit
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by MyNewJackeT: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2017
49cents:

It wasn't good to choose Donald Duke to be a running mate to yaradua's because Donald might steal the show.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by konoplyanka: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2017
I like him though. He should run on another platform if not given a chance in PDP. He should strategize and look for big wigs to support him. Only lazy politicians believe they can't win without the two main parties.

The truth is you can win if you are able to sell yourself to the masses.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by MyNewJackeT: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Although zoning is good but stop spreading the lies that North is more populated than the South.

If you can't afford four wives with twenty children then you shouldn't say this, in the north women aren't expensive.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by omololu2020(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2017
Bolustical:

Without zoning, the north because of their numbers and political advantages would rule Nigeria non stop.

where do you people get this bullshit from
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by tosinjay(m): 10:46am On Oct 10, 2017
Yeye zoning, that's how they force yeye leaders on us.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Nukilia: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

[s]Obasanjo made overtures to Donald Duke and tried to recruit him to run on the ticket with YarAdua. Duke declined to be Yar'Aduas' running mate. He is alleged to have said that he would not be vice to anybody. Probably the greatest miscalculation of his political career.[/s]

When you do not know your worth, then you act like a beggar! Donald is a man who knows his worth. Enough of all these useless match making by corrupt old folks.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Reference(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Zoning is good. it doesn't stop us from getting the best. There are good leaders in every zone.

Not true. Your toolbox may be full of assorted devices but only specific ones will be able to handle specific jobs. When countries face specific challenges it all boils down to a very few select candidates who can deliver. To say anyone can fit the job is just naive. Can you run your personal affairs that way.

On Monday it must be a hausa doctor appointment, Tuesday shopping must be done at a yoruba plaza, and Saturday my football team must be led or owned by an igbo man.... afterall there are talents found in every region. Is that not madness.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Nukilia: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2017
konoplyanka:
I like him though. He should run on another platform if not given a chance in PDP. He should strategize and look for big wigs to support him. Only lazy politicians believe they can't win without the two main parties.

The truth is you can win if you are able to sell yourself to the masses.

France is a good example
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Fransbrilluk(m): 10:58am On Oct 10, 2017
But hw many tyms has he even ran sef
anitapreeti:
But is he not tired of running....
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by UnimkeAk(m): 11:08am On Oct 10, 2017
Connoisseur:
Zoning, despite its absence in the constitution is a good way to prevent the majority from remaining in power for ever.
As long as Nigerian presidency elections is concerned, zoning favors the south just as the quota system in education favors the north. This is because the north had the population and capacity to remain in power for as long as they want.
So politicians especially from the south should avoid the use of rhetorics and not let their selfish interest becloud their reasoning

Well said
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2017
9jvirgin:
You are also coming to steal, loot and destroy. Na fine boy we go chop?

Fool spotted
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by EmeeNaka: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2017
Reference:

Not true. Your toolbox may be full of assorted devices but only specific ones will be able to handle specific jobs. When countries face specific challenges it all boils down to a very few select candidates who can deliver. To say anyone can fit the job is just naive. Can you run your personal affairs that way.

On Monday it must be a hausa doctor appointment, Tuesday shopping must be done at a yoruba plaza, and Saturday my football team must be led or owned by an igbo man.... afterall there are talents found in every region. Is that not madness.
your response didn't in anyway counter what I said
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by discusant: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2017
Goke7:

Exactly, who zoning epp, I have voted for a northerner and am not satisfied, if I find a southerner more worthy, why must i be restricted by zoning

But your vote to the southerner can't make any southerner president of Nigeria because of the manner which northerners restructured Nigeria. Unless northerners say they are tired of running Nigeria that time.

Most southerners are very ignorant of the impact of the rigged political structure of 36 states+Abuja on Nigeria's political process, and how it makes north colonize the south of Nigeria.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Chukazu: 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
MasterKim:
It's your party that's incharge of d zoning. Go to another parry!
Izza simple stuv

Which party are we talking about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Kudos To Tinubu Yet, But Nobody Will Be Worse Than Buhari — Hakeem Baba-Ahmed / Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari / Reno Omokri: Cee-C Is Better Than Buhari For Apologizing After Insulting Tobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.