Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 (5274 Views)

Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua / Real Madrid's Fixture For The Year 2009/2010 / Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by sulad82i(m): 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
I guess no one really came close to his form in 2009. He did well for Chelsea but was a disaster for his home country
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by phemygee(m): 12:28am On Mar 13, 2010
Why would Drogba deserve the award Isnt the award based on their previous year or previous season performance??
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Cmiller(m): 2:59am On Mar 13, 2010
No African player achieved anytin mo dan eto'o bt bein it as it wz in da beginin it wz politically done again praisin d worst in place of da best,it's true our own okocha wz stripped off d award mo dan twice so lets al get used 2 d P.D.P tin in CAF.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by govano(m): 3:22am On Mar 13, 2010
From soccer analysis in one of the Radio stations Drogba was only chosen cos Etoö didnt show up, just exactly what happend b/w Aboutrika and Adebayo last edition. Otherwise Etoö was the best candidate and he won every thing with thrilling displays while with Barca. Na him luck sha. undecided
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by chelseabmw(m): 5:01am On Mar 13, 2010
drogba all the way! see many haters!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by latepa(m): 6:15am On Mar 13, 2010
chelseabmw:

drogba all the way! see many haters!

I don't think anyone is hating,it's just the true facts we're saying.Eto played well last season and he deserved it but we all know C.A.F is Painful
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by supereagle(m): 7:07am On Mar 13, 2010
Nigeria was dominating in early 90,s. When will Nigeria players get it right again?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by rickie4us(m): 7:38am On Mar 13, 2010
congrats ,
u never win am before?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nescoemmy(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2010
he is the man and i tip hin to win it again.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by victorazy(m): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2010
he deserved it and where are nigerian players, yakubu them?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2010
victorazy:

he deserved it
How so?Kindly explain
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Iyineda(m): 9:15am On Mar 13, 2010
Drogba, along with his Ivory Coast team, is just an overbloated representation of success in football. Overrated has lost all meaning with this guy. Watch his 3 miserable matches of the last Afcon.
Eto'o was robbed of a 4th award because apparently having 3 is already too much. And yeah, he didn't have a great Afcon either but his 2009 club performances steamroll and curbstomp Drogba's any day, any season.

Well done CAF. *sarcasm of the highest order*

ritchboy:

[size=18pt]IT'S A FUKCING DISGRACE!!![/size]

Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Ben13: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2010
That's my Guy. . . he's always on form.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by badman(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2010
this award just revolving over same set of players, aint there no new players coming up? i bet it wud be eto'o or drogba nxt year
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by franctony(m): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2010
govano:

From soccer analysis in one of the Radio stations Drogba was only chosen cos Etoö didnt show up, just exactly what happend b/w Aboutrika and Adebayo last edition. Otherwise Etoö was the best candidate and he won every thing with thrilling displays while with Barca. Na him luck sha. undecided
i wonder the radio station you heard this. i saw it live. none of the 3 nominees showed up for the award,this is to show you how shameful the award is. everywhere was as dark as hell.
btw who said Aboutrika wasnt in abuja when the award was given the award.
for 3 consecutive years now,CAF has been consistent in their confusion in her award. imagine algeria being named the team of the year, what for?
C.A.F=Confusionists in Awarding Footballers
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by bamsshegz8(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2010
there is politics in the game of futball
after winning treble the first of it's kind in spain-one of the best league in the world and scoring 36 goals in a season
something that no other african has done before,
they still go ahead and give to a person who won only a fa and 14 goals,

drogba is in form but is it drogba that would win the 2010 edition again, ?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2010
Henry with all the goals he scored at Arsenal never won f.ckall neither did almighty Raul, at the African level what did Japhet N' Doram win ?

Drogba had a more IMPACTING presence than Etoo in their teams, Chelsea depend more on DD than barca depend on Etoo as even the great midfield marshalls servicing him can equally score themselves - MesXavIniest!!!

Etoo is no where in d 6 top scorers list in Italy, explains if DD were to be chanced to play for Barca, guy go tear net like hell!!!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by LIONGATE: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2010
Drogba is the best, he deserve the award. congratulation and more to come. Good for me as a chelsea fan i know Didier will lift us up. UP Didier, UP Chelsea. no controversy on the award he is the best in Africa
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by damilola15: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
I think Eto'o was the best from Africa last year.
Anyway if he was chosen i'd probably still say it is because he's from the same country as Issa Hayatou
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by franctony(m): 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2010
eto'o= footballer
drogba=wrestler

barca=football team
chelsea= wrestling team (DX)
LIONGATE:

Drogba is the best, he deserve the award. congratulation and more to come. Good for me as a chelsea fan i know Didier will lift us up. UP Didier, UP Chelsea. no controversy on the award he is the best in Africa
IN ARSENE WE TRUST
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by omoluabi1(m): 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2010
Drogba is hot this season,
Eto'o was second choice for barca last season.
Drogba came out of injury last season to help chelsea to second place in EPL
And also helped chelsea clinched the FA cup. He was the hit man.
Bt Eto'o wasnt for barca.
Now Drogba is doing his thing again.
Support Africa, hail Drogba
and let's pray Our beloved country will produce a great player soon.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Henry with all the goals he scored at Arsenal never won f.ckall neither did almighty Raul, at the African level what did Japhet N' Doram win ?
Drogba had a more IMPACTING presence than Etoo in their teams, Chelsea depend more on DD than barca depend on Etoo as even the great midfield marshalls servicing him can equally score themselves - MesXavIniest!!!
Etoo is no where in d 6 top scorers list in Italy, explains if t DD were to be chanced to play for Barca, guy go tear net like hell!!!
Dr.,
Please go and carry injection instead.
What Impact are you talking about?TNA Impact?What could be bigger in impact than 36 goals in a treble-winning season?
Your quote about Barca depending on DD more than Eto'o is a huge Fallacy.If a player contributes 36 goals a season,something Drogba has NEVER done,I wonder what more can be termed depending on an individual
Fact remains Drogba was placated for the 2008 fiasco.Knowing them,CAF would be the only organization to make a monkey of a decision as this.I''m surprised fellas are actually attempting to make a case for Drogba on this one.No matter how you or anyone tries to spin it,Eto'o had the better season of the two and should be Footballer of the year by CAF.That is irrespective of what happened to Henry inthe past.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2010
Story! Story! Story!

Once upon a time! Time! Time!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Ibime(m): 3:55pm On Mar 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Etoo is no where in d 6 top scorers list in Italy, explains if DD were to be chanced to play for Barca, guy go tear net like hell!!!

You are forgetting one thing. . . not everyone can play for Barca!. . . . Barca only accept players with a certain level of touch and passing ability. . . . Mark Hughes for example was despised in Barcelona because they disliked his gra-gra style of footie. . . . despite the fact that he was one of the hottest striker in the Premier League. . . . so in other words, a player of Drogbas technique can NEVER play for Barca. . . not even for their B team!!!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by emmydee(m): 4:17pm On Mar 13, 2010
congrats drogba!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Story! Story! Story!

Once upon a time! Time! Time!
Dude,
You ain't got a defence for Drogba.That IMPACT thing holds no water.Where you got your own idea of IMPACT only God knows.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2010
Ibime

who would have tot BARCA would parade VALDES, ABIDAL, I REMEMBER HARUNA BABANGIDA & GBENGA OKUNOWO PLAYED FOR BARCA . . .

Technique my foot . . .DROGBA CAN BE THE BEST PLAYER ON HIS DAY!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Ibime(m): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Ibime

who would have tot BARCA would parade VALDES, ABIDAL, I REMEMBER HARUNA BABANGIDA & GBENGA OKUNOWO PLAYED FOR BARCA . . .

Technique my foot . . .DROGBA CAN BE THE BEST PLAYER ON HIS DAY!

Why are you calling goalies and defenders names here?

Its so bad you have to call Harunas name (who never made a single appearance for Barca first team).

Okunowo only played a handful of games for Barca (at Barcas worst point in the last 20 years). . . and even then, only when Reiziger got injured.

Face it, you cant claim that Drogba would score more goals than Eto at Barca. . . cos Barca will NEVER sign a player like Drogba to lead their attack!

Camp Nou fans will boo DD off the pitch when they see his first touch. They used to grumble at Mark Hughes poor technique (whose first touch and passing is twice as good as DD). . . talkless of DD!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by ndubest(m): 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2010
CAF GLO Award now is used as compensation for players NOT on merit.
This is already tarnishing the image of CAF and reducing the value of the award.

The controversy is even evident as BBC presenter mentioned it today that though Drogba won, most people thought Eto'o deserved the award.

Let's hope that next year it will be a fresh set of players. I am already tired of these trio being shortlisted regularly.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2010
omo_luabi:

Drogba is hot this season,
Eto'o was second choice for barca last season.
Drogba came out of injury last season to help chelsea to second place in EPL
And also helped chelsea clinched the FA cup. He was the hit man.
Bt Eto'o wasnt for barca.
Now Drogba is doing his thing again.
Support Africa, hail Drogba
and let's pray Our beloved country will produce a great player soon.
Are you ok,bros?Do you actually think you're making any sense?Did you get your shots today?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
DD, love him or hate him, has paid his dues in world footie, as a player, leader, motivator or entertainer!

If they both were in d same team, DD would make Etoo look as ordinary as Milito is making him look now!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by A40(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2010
@Dr Kit
Form is temporal and class is permanent. Oko iya Drogba ni Eto'o je! In terms of achievement for club & country, Eto'o has achieved what Drogba would struggle to do if he was given a brand new career. Specie get level won kin se egbe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happened To Manchester United? / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm / Manchester United Vs Reading (1 - 0) on 16th March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.