Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 (5277 Views)

Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua / Real Madrid's Fixture For The Year 2009/2010 / Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 11:49am On Mar 16, 2010
LOL

Ibime, u dey mind me?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2010
Okocha lost to Hadji and Etoo on seperate occasions, did the heavens fall?

The coaches voted him in, even Nigeria's top vote went to DD, in footie I have seen stranger awards! Kuffour himself didnt kill anyone on Diouf being 'dashed' the award, no?

Okocha lost on both cases without any doubt. Because he didnt deserve to win in any of the years.

Okochas best cant match Etoos worst in the last 10yrs.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2010
Dinho's mentor?

JJ na dem baba, f.ck awards!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2010
Jay Jay is so overrated.

Dinhos mento ko , Dinhos Mentholatum ni.

What did Okocha win as a footballer? How is he better than Denilson Mr Leg-over
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 6:15pm On Mar 16, 2010
dyabman:

Explain to me why is eto'o under-performing in Inter where Ibramovich has shone?
JT Made Eto'o look like mug last season both legs
DD made Puyol look like Mug 07/08

So DD is more Spiritual than Eto'o on the field of play, wow! never noticed that shocked tongue
Can You Also Explain To Moi Why Ibra Is Underperforming In Barca Where Eto'o Shone? undecided
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by A40(m): 10:45pm On Mar 16, 2010
Baba would always be Father i hope Issa Hayatou and his compadres at CAF can now die of shame as tonight has shown us who is the Real King of African Football. While one was firing his team to victory the other was busy copping red cards.

All Hail The Undisputed King of African Football. . The Indomitable Lion. . Samuel Eto'o Fils
Oba Atokpe eh. Itse!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Ibime(m): 11:10pm On Mar 16, 2010
Am waiting for Dr Kit to come and tell me all about DD's MOTIVATION. . . and other spiritual things! grin
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by dayokanu(m): 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2010
DROGBA is a FCUKIN DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!

No Ovbredo to blame tonite.

2008. Drogba cops red card and Chelsea lose the CL finals
2009, Drogba miss chance upon chances and Later blames ref as Chelsea were eliminated
2010. Drogba cops a red card and Chelsea are eliminated.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 17, 2010
Donkey Kitaun,
Over to you and your native doctor analysis.Impact my a&$.Only a donkey will say Drogba deserves the award.
drogba is a liability to chelsea's champions league aspirations.Every year,an embarrassing incident.Now that is IMPACT!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 2:20am On Mar 17, 2010
Ibime

u dey craze o! Etoo don take dat goal resurrect hin career we no go hear word again?

Let rest d yarns for now as I see people I hardly get into discourse with throwing disses my way, plus lets judge d 2 of dem at d end of da careetrs !
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Ibime(m): 2:54am On Mar 17, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

plus lets judge d 2 of dem at d end of da careetrs !

hahaha. . . Eto is 29, DD is 32. . . what are you waiting for? . . . what Eto did by the age of 25, DD will not match even if he wins 3 trophies per season and scores 30 goals per season from now till the end of his career.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 4:05am On Mar 17, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Ibime

u dey craze o! Etoo don take dat goal resurrect hin career we no go hear word again?

Let rest d yarns for now as I see people I hardly get into discourse with throwing disses my way, plus lets judge d 2 of dem at d end of da careetrs !
Hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin I Laff in sokoto grin grin

If Eto'o snaps his Achilles Beckham style and is forced to quit footy 2 morrow morning while Drogba plays til he is 45 years old, Eto'o would be ranked higher.
I can't begin to recount the amount of big games Eto'o has delivered in when it mattered the most.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
U never laff in boko haram?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by dayokanu(m): 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
Drogba is 32 what more is left of his career.

In the last 3 CL competition he has been disgraced out and always being the major culprit in all ocassion
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Akolawole(m): 2:19am On Mar 18, 2010
I can understand if DSTV converted fans just dey yarn about APOTY award anyhow but i cant just take it with some big guns here.

Maybe you guys forget that Isa Hayoutou is no more the determinant of the award. It is solely by voting. National team skippers and coaches determine it. If Alhaji has to do it , i am sure Samuel will be his choice anyday.

Why should we make noise if it is determined by voting? If i could remember all votes has to be returned to CAF office in egypt by December.

Samuel won a lot of trophies last season but how important were his goals to the indomitable lions?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 2:29am On Mar 18, 2010
Egbon

do u think these people understand what u just wrote?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Akolawole(m): 3:01am On Mar 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

do u think these people understand what u just wrote?

I dont know jare.

Where were they when just ordinary yeye magazine was determining AFOTY award?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 18, 2010
Akolawole:

I can understand if DSTV converted fans just dey yarn about APOTY award anyhow but i cant just take it with some big guns here.
Maybe you guys forget that Isa Hayoutou is no more the determinant of the award. It is solely by voting. National team skippers and coaches determine it. If Alhaji has to do it , i am sure Samuel will be his choice anyday.
Why should we make noise if it is determined by voting? If i could remember all votes has to be returned to CAF office in egypt by December.
Samuel won a lot of trophies last season but how important were his goals to the indomitable lions?
Oga,you don't have to malign people to get your point across.Even a newly born baby will tell you Etoó deserved the award.
The point of Drogba enthusiasts has shifted from "he deserved it" to "ït is decided by votes,no longer by France Football magazine (abi na de name of dat truly scrap piece of paper)".
The part that got me throwing up in my shoes was the claim that Eto'o 's goals were not crucial to the Indomitable Lions'World cup qualifying campaign.
That is a huge lie and a weak attempt at discrediting Eto'o.Eto'o had 3 goals in the final qualifying stage alone and 8 in total.Tell me how that is not crucial.Don't stand here and peddle the petty and inane statements all to try to spin the lie that Drogba deserves the award.The more you try,the more ridiculous it sounds
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by rasputinn(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2010
Drogba now has a penchant for getting staright reds in the knock out stages of the UCL,he was the wrong choice for that CAF award;PERIOD

I guess Hayatou is just too blind to see
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 9:27am On Mar 18, 2010
The question should be: as from now chicken-forth WHO DETERMINES THE AWARD ?

CAF ?

NLERS ?

COACHES AND PLAYERS?

COMPLETE SPORTS, COMPASS, PM NEWS, SUN, SAHARA REPORTERS ?

HAYATOU ?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

The question should be: as from now chicken-forth WHO DETERMINES THE AWARD ?

CAF ?

NLERS ?

COACHES AND PLAYERS?

COMPLETE SPORTS, COMPASS, PM NEWS, SUN, SAHARA REPORTERS ?

HAYATOU ?
I take that as a tacit admission that Drogba didn't deserve to win the award,based on performance.
Considering CAF's past antecedents,no matter who decides it,the result will always end up in controversy.
Why does the Ballon D'Or not have any controversy as regards who wins it?And why does BBC have it's own version of the same award?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2010
Drogba deserved to win, if u feel otherwise SUE AFRICAN COACHES WHO VOTED HIM AHEAD OF ETOO!
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Sauron1: 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Drogba deserved to win, if u feel otherwise SUE AFRICAN COACHES WHO VOTED HIM AHEAD OF ETOO!

There lies the problem.
How are we so sure African coaches voted Drogba ahead of Etoo?
What is to say the original poll was used to determine the winner of the award?

This is Africa.
Even in a more important position, Africans do rig let alone something that is soccer-related.
Drogba was below par last season. He wouldn't have won the best African player in Chelsea, never mind best African player.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
I guess you're a spin doctor by nature.You honestly believe that Drogba shoulda won.I don tire for you.
Besides,how many of those coaches know what they are doing?
Don't need to sue:That's a ridiculous suggestion.
I hope the Chelsea-Inter game gave an insight into why Drogba didn't fit that award.Need I say more?
Let's pick holes even in the nominees.How many games did Essien play in order to merit being on the final short-list.Was essien not out for about 3/4 months into the new year of 2009?Is CAF's version really worth busting a gut,when players like Yaya Toure and Seidu Keita hardly ever get a mention,while Essien,Drogba and Etoo keep making the final short-list year-in,year-out?
I don dey tire for you and your native-doctor analysis.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2010
Drogba was below par last season. He wouldn't have won the best African player in Chelsea, never mind best African player.

Last season, Dragba wasnt even the best West African Best ivorian in Chelsea would be close between him and Kalou.

Who said Etoos goal were not imporatnt? As at August 2009 Cameroun were with one point from 2 games and at the risk of not qualifying.

Etoo grabbed 3 goals in 4 games and the Lions won and are in South Africa
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Akolawole(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2010
Here we go again,

They initially thought CAF  just sit down and determine it. Nonsense!
I remembered vividly the published votes in the year Okocha lost. We knew who vote for who?

1) What is the goal ratio of DD and Samuel  last year in the national team?

The year Seyi Adebayo won it, he scored 30 goals(i think) in England and africa highest goal scorer as per national team. Same with Alhaji Yekini.

@Dr Kit

Sometimes patient is needed to teach the "Old-but-young" in african footie especially on NL. I remembered in those days when i used to be prominent in "Politics section", one of this your lagosians was arguing with me about Adedubu, that he is the determinant of Oyo politics since 60's. Little did he knows that even in 1999 he was not even a determinant to the seat of power. I ask him about "eru-obodo" and chief Akinloye, the guy ran away grin

# The only problem i have with CAF is their definition of "year". Was it Jan to December or European season?

Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by rasputinn(m): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

CAF said African coaches did the voting,THAT'S A FAT LIE

~Sauron~:

How are we so sure African coaches voted Drogba ahead of Etoo?

Exactly
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Akolawole(m): 11:27am On Mar 19, 2010
rasputinn:

CAF said African coaches did the voting,THAT'S A FAT LIE

Exactly

Who determine the winner?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Akolawole(m): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2010
Eastbay:

I guess you're a spin doctor by nature.You honestly believe that Drogba shoulda won.I don tire for you.
Besides,(1) how many of those coaches know what they are doing?
Don't need to sue:That's a ridiculous suggestion.

2) I hope the [b]Chelsea-Inter game gave an insight into why Drogba didn't fit that award.[/b]Need I say more?

1) Are you in a better position/pedigree to determine it? grin

2) And i can mention so many games where Etoo is worse down Seun Osewa on the football pitch

In the year Etoo won APOTY award against Okocha, Jay-Jay schooled him at that year's nations cup by winning suprisingly Best player and highest goal scorer in the competition YET the coaches and skippers choose Etoo.
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by Akolawole(m): 11:38am On Mar 19, 2010
Eastbay:

Oga,you don't have to[b] malign people to get your point across[/b].Even a newly born baby will tell you Etoó deserved the award.
The point of Drogba enthusiasts has shifted from "he deserved it" to "ït is decided by votes,no longer by France Football magazine (abi na de name of dat truly scrap piece of paper)".

Are you one of the DSTV or the big guns here? grin Tell us where you belong?
Re: Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 4:02am On Mar 21, 2010
@Akolawole

leave Eastbay make hin dey monkey himself, Cannavaro won WPOTY and d heavens didnt fall, neither did ZIZOU kill himself.

DD has already won this, Etoo should try getting on d scorers' chart more as he isnt anywhere in d top 7 in SERIE A, Song for the next APOTY, any takers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happened To Manchester United? / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm / Manchester United Vs Reading (1 - 0) on 16th March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.