Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (29005 Views)

How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2017
Horlufemi:
Love knows no tribe nor stereotype.

fvck parental blessings. I will run away and may my bride and they won't hear from us ever again.

Bunch of racists and tribalists. People like them have no space in my family.

love is just temptation and illusion.

if you focus hard you can even fall in love with a lifeless chair.

just like many ppl fall in love with dogs , jesus, allah etc.

tribe is important.

marriage ia the union of two families . tribe is culture language religion everything.

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by thunderbabs: 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nword22:

Which muslim? Are you drunk, nothing like Muslim Igbo.

Who tell u da one...IBO Alfa dey cheesy
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2017
tossie101:

If e pain u go and die.
U people are too tribalist and dirty.
Same way u dnt allow ur daughters marry igbo same way i wont marrt a Yoruba.

BE U THE LAST MAN ON EARTH.
You sound illogical and foolish at thesame time, is it only one family that there is in Yoruba land, some families as we both have it on both sides are lacking intelligence and reasoning when it comes to matters such as this. A family might reject the proposed partner of their wards the same way some family would gladly accept the proposed partner of their children not minding which part of the world they come from.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by phrankchek(m): 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
Adebowale89:
Nigerian parent with their mentality but if we bring oyinbo wife/husband they we welcome it warmly even if they are old

my dad always state this fact, if u like marry Hausa, igede, Igbo, efik or nupe but at least she must possessed a degree in a tertiary institution

I know it will definitely be the mother that will oppose it, men hardly have problem when it comes to marriage. my Mom once oppose to getting married to Igbo but when she meet my girl and having close relation, she agreed and fall in love with her

for the fact that some Yoruba has done sth wrong to u, doesn't mean they're all bad and samething as Igbo. different people with different character&different
background

I wish nairaland will have a "love" button to click when you see comments as sweet as this

op, am sure the both awaiting bride and groom didn't have any close relations with the parent before proposing a marriage. in a inter tribal marriage, longtime close relation is important to the parents of both parties
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
tommynico:
Ondo state yorubas are more liberal than those of osun, oyo and oguns......they even encourage such inter-tribal marriages between themselves and other tribes especially igbos, edos, but not with Hausa and fulanis, if you try ahm, na your own wahala be that.

thats because yoruba edo etc. have a common root.

Hausa are Chadic people and Fulani are from SeneGambia

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nword22: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
thunderbabs:

Who tell u da one...IBO Alfa dey cheesy

That one na guy man jare
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by gondon(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
I am writing from a first party point if view, meaning it happened to me. Thus advice must and will work under some conditions......

Both parties, been d guy and girl must agree never to separate from each other....

They must act as one body and soul... Gen 2:18 and Proverb 18:22

They should stop begging their families and act as if non of them exist.

They should plan their lives and work to build their empire well, bcoz their own people will be watching for their down fall.

They should pray and work towards their marriage by doing the Court Marriage only, with that, no body on this planet earth can come in between them................ Remember anyone who dares come in between u guys, stand a chance of imprisonment.................

Believe me, once this last step is done, they will start calling and coming one after the other..........

IT HAPPENED TO ME, AND I SUFFERED FOR 3YEARS BEFORE I THOUGHT OF THESE STEPS AND IT WORKED FOR MYSELF AND MY FRIENDS......

WELCOME

5 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by robedu: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
i am calabar married to a yoruba man, i never asked my parent for their permission to marry from yoruba, i simply told them, this is the man i want to spend the rest of my life with, same with my husband and they had no choice as they were not presented with any

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
As a guy, I plan on marrying an igbo lady in the furure, my step dad is an igbo man who have only shown me love right from childhood up till now, he even made me promise that I would marry an igbo gal.

3 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Dutchey(m): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
blackbeau1:
they'll forgive you, yes but they'll never forgive your partner . They'll always accuse him or her of influencing you to do the wrong thing
parents are different anyways
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by thunderbabs: 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nword22:

That one na guy man jare

Lol

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tossie101(f): 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
tommynico:

You sound illogical and foolish at thesame time, is it only one family that there is in Yoruba land, some families as we both have it on both sides are lacking intelligence and reasoning when it comes to matters such as this. A family might reject the proposed partner of their wards the same way some family would gladly accept the proposed partner of their children not minding which part of the world they come from.

U are the foolish one here.. by trying to make my choice for me.
As there are yorubas girls who dont like marrying igbo also igbo girls who dont like marrying yorub men..I AM ONE OF THEM and its my choice due to some reasons and experiences.

So Whats ur concern

7 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Slymonster(m): 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
tossie101:

My dear asin ee..
this is a story for another day.
U have said it all.
Cant marry outside my tribe biko.
In situations like this.
The ladiea suffers d most.

Smh..Are you aware you can marry from the same tribe and still not feel welcome by the man's family,infact this days it's very common.
Having that mentality you just point out and feel life is a bed of rose with the same tribe, instead of a family that respect you and fun to be with..Your in for a very big problem.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by coluka: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nazeren:
Tribe matters to me. Can never marry an igbo shiit.

No Igbo person can ever marry an afonja idiot like you either

4 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
tossie101:

If e pain u go and die.
U people are too tribalist and dirty.
Same way u dnt allow ur daughters marry igbo same way i wont marrt a Yoruba.

BE U THE LAST MAN ON EARTH.
Igbos are more tribalistic than yorubas because it is easier for an igbo man to marry a Yoruba lady than it is for a Yoruba man to marry an igbo lady.....the reason why I quoted you was because you raised yourself as if you are more intelligent and better than those beautiful igbo ladies that have found a home with a Yoruba man.....change your mentality please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tossie101(f): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
Slymonster:

Smh..Are you aware you can marry from the same tribe and still not feel welcome by the man's family,infact this days it's very common.
Having that mentality you just point out and feel life is a bed of rose with the same tribe, instead of a family that respect you and fun to be with..Your in for a very big problem.

Yes u are right.. but there are higher chances to face that ordeal in intertribal marrial marriage.
I have seen many,i have also indirecty experinced it (my brother).
That was the hieght of it becoz we nearly lost him due to heartbreak..ts a long story shaa.

But left for me, everybody should stick to his/het own trible.
Its even somewhere in the bible.
U know? undecided

3 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by prince123(m): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
If her family members are against it, just try your best to erase any stereotypical belief they hold against your tribe but if things remain the same, kindly go for another lady to save yourself from family wahala
Are you for real.Kindly go for another lady.Is that your view about marriage.Like if a man decide to marry a lady.If family say no, he looks for another one.Are ladies point and kill.Lets stop deceiving ourselves.Before a man in this generation decides this is the girl.If his family makes him to leave her.Big shame.Goodluck with the next one he picks
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
tossie101:

U are the foolish one here.. by trying to make my choice for me.
As there are yorubas girls who dont like marrying igbo also igbo girls who dont like marrying yorub men..I AM ONE OF THEM and its my choice due to some reasons and experiences.

So Whats ur concern
Are you done.....if yes, thanks for your time and if No, inform me when you are done.

3 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by adeblow(m): 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
I still don't understand why A GROWN UP MAN will give his family members the chance to sit down to decide or discredit whom he should marry or what tribe he should marry, on the ground of stereotypes and tribalism . It's nauseating I must say
Bros, its not the way u see it oh. Because u not in his shoes. Look, do u know the implications of parents not blessing your marriage. Bros, be happy that u got understanding parents oh
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
tossie101:

Yes u are right.. but there are higher chances to face that ordeal in intertribal marrial marriage.
That was the hieght of it becoz we nearly lost him due to heartbreak..ts a long story shaa.

U know? undecided

With all due respect to your person, where in the bible? And that it happened to your brother doesn't mean it would happen to you....but it's ya choice.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Slymonster(m): 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
tossie101:

U know? undecided

You nearly lost him because your family was not being sincere with the wife and her tribe from the start or from the other side...Be sincere,right from the marriage date,you all have had this feelings deep down.Or am i lying.

Hatred manifest in many ways even just not showing it but deep down in your heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by bigpicture001: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
don't help convincingly them for any reason..tribe matters..if sh goes ahead...she would most likely regret it..no p may arise from the guy himself..but know it that in africa..we marry the family, not just the partner..and moreover...get it strait into your head...YORUBA'S DONT LIKE iGBOS..period..!!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ibos and thr ridiculous traditions, d Yoruba guy should better beware

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
I have a question though; does it really matter if you are from the east or north, south or west? Are we not all human? We all have thesame features except for the tongue.....even with that minute difference, does success in marriage have a thing to do with the tribe of each individual partner or is it the selfishness of our kindreds and their illogical reasoning that is the stumbling block in intertribal marriages.....
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Slymonster(m): 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
tommynico:

With all due respect to your person, where in the bible? And that it happened to your brother doesn't mean it would happen to you....but it's ya choice.

Broda the matter shock me o.. People can change bible to suit their thinking
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by coluka: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nazeren:

Haha yoruba girls aren't dirty. But better than igbo girls who are known to be sluts.

Who doesn't know that you people are the dirtiest and most promiscuous girls in the country? When it has almost become a tradition in Yoruba land for your girls to give birth to bastards in their father's house. You rarely find any family in Yoruba land that doesn't have a girl who was impregnated outside wedlock. The married ones are not any better, sleeping around with other lovers like dogs on heat. Useless people. Who will even think of marrying disgusting things like you? You're free to Go and meet your fellow irresponsible Yoruba men

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
bigpicture001:
don't help convincingly them for any reason..tribe matters..if sh goes ahead...she would most likely regret it..no p may arise from the guy himself..but know it that in africa..we marry the family, not just the partner..and moreover...get it strait into your head...YORUBA'S DONT LIKE iGBOS..period..!!!!
My step dad is an igbo man from the east, anambra state to be precise, married to my mum, a Yoruba woman and they have lived happily for thae past 22 years without any hitch or break.....who told you yorubas don't like igbos? It is wrong for you to say that, you would be roght if you say some Yoruba people don't like igbo likewise how some igbo people don't like the yoruba people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
coluka:

Who doesn't know that you people are the dirtiest and most promiscuous girls in the country? When it has almost become a tradition in Yoruba land for your girls to give birth to bastards in their father's house. You rarely find any family in Yoruba land that doesn't have a girl who was impregnated outside wedlock. The married ones are not any better, sleeping around with other lovers like dogs on heat. Useless people. Who will even think of marrying disgusting things like you? You're free to Go and meet your fellow irresponsible Yoruba men

You are stupid for saying that, you do not even deserve reasoning for saying Yoruba men are irresponsible
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by Customer80: 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Parental consent is very important, for those of you advising the man to ignore the parents consent are not doing favor to them cos if anything happens to the igbo lady, hmmmmmmm wahala for the guy body

1 Like

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tossie101(f): 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
tommynico:

Igbos are more tribalistic than yorubas because it is easier for an igbo man to marry a Yoruba lady than it is for a Yoruba man to marry an igbo lady.....the reason why I quoted you was because you raised yourself as if you are more intelligent and better than those beautiful igbo ladies that have found a home with a Yoruba man.....change your mentality please.

Lol are u kidding me... pls tell urself the truth.

I neva rememberd saying im more beautiful or intelligent undecided.

3 Likes

Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tommynico(m): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
tossie101:

Lol are u kidding me... pls tell urself the truth.

I neva rememberd saying im more beautiful or intelligent undecided.

That is because you were not, but now you are, not beautiful though.
Re: How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? by tossie101(f): 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
tommynico:

I havr forgotten the bible quotation but im 100% sure its in d bible.
U can also search it online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Couple Files $650,000 Suit Against Their Son For Not Giving Them Grandchildren / With ₦400 your wife can prepare soup that would last two days — Pastor says / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.