Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight (9106 Views)

Femi Adesina To Nigerians: ‘go And Fight Pipeline Vandals If You Want Electricit / Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari / Asari Dokubo Told To Leave Ndigbo Alone In His Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by TippyTop(m): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2010
I've come to the conclusion that the Nigerians who most advocate a violent dissolution of Nigeria are illegal immigrants. The reason is simple, if there was war in Nigeria, their silly azzes won't be deported and they can claim asylum.
For those dolts living abroad who constantly advocate wars, come home and fight, you losers.
Never mind the many millions who'll die if there was war as long as the Dollar reaches the $1:#1000 mark.

Here's to you punk

,,,,,,,,,,,,,/´¯/),,,,,,,,,,,( \¯`\
,,,,,,,,,,,,/,,,,//,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,\\,,,,\
,,,,,,,,,,,/,,,,//,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,\\,,,,\
,,,,,/´¯/,,,,/´¯\,,,,,,,,,,,/¯ `\,,,,\¯`\
,,/,/,,,/,,,,/,,,,/,|_,,,,,,_| ,\,,,,\,,,,\,,,\,\,,
(,(,,,,(,,,,(,,,,/,),,),,(,,(, \,,,,),,,,),,,,),)
,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\/,,,/,,,,\, ,,\/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? /,,,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(,,,,,,,,,, ,,),,,,,,,,,,,,,,/
,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,\,,,,,,,,, ,,/,,,,,,,,,,,,,/

Enjoy it.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by snowdrops(m): 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2010
Exactly. The same goes for somalians in Europe and the US. Some are are reported to send money home deliberately to fund wars in the fatherland in a despicable bid to prolong their stay abroad.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by TimLuaLua: 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2010
I can of agree with the posters sentiments.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by THEAMAKA(f): 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2010
i sooooooooo agree!!!
i said something like this months ago.
all they do is run their mouths at home, behind their computers, in the comforts of the western world.
SHIOOOOOOOOOR!!! *long hiss*
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by beystwin: 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2010
Fear not, we (Nigerians Overseas) are with you in spirit. cool
So let the Fight begin
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by oderemo(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2010
REGULAR UPDATES:Nigerians in the US commence "Shadow Parliament" in New York city
Written by Saharareporters, New York
Saturday, 13 March 2010 14:48

Parliamentarians are seated and the maiden sitting is about to commence
From the introductions so far, there are distinguished Nigerians here, academics, journalists, businessmen, engineers

Okey Ndibe, a professor of literature, author and columnist has been elected speaker and Laolu Akande, North America Bureau Chief of The Guardian, deputy speaker
Also here on the floor are Profs Bolaji Auko, Steve Nwabuzor, professor of Hydrology

Ndibe calls for adoption of standing rules

Aluko wants amendment

If there is anything not covered by the rules, the robert rules prevail

Prof Aluko's proposal accepted

Ndibe calls for adoption of standing rules

Aluko wants amendment

If there is anything not covered by the rules, the robot rules prevail

Prof Aluko's proposal accepted

Omoyele Sowore has moved a motion the house declare President Musa Yar'Adua incapacitated and that his wife should be compelled to move him out of Aso Rock. "He should move him to a hospice so we can move forward," Sowore said .

The motion is being discussed.

Bunmi Aborisade said it is very clear that Yar'Adua is sick and has absconded from office.

The president has been sick since November and has not been in public ever since

Another speaker said the president should be impeached

Prof Aluko said the parliament should not make a motion that will portray it as careless
Prof Aluko said the parliament should not make a motion that will portray it as careless

Prof Aluko in a counter motion said the parliament should consider Yar'Adua's era over and move on with Goodluck Jonathan

A speaker said the parliament should be mindful of the constitution and that the house should follow procedure

A vote has been taken

The parliament has adopted the motion that Yar'Adua is incapacitated and that Turai should move him out of the presidential villa to a hospital

One speaker said it was high time Acting President Goodluck Jonathan is allowed to sleep on the presidential bed

The parliament has moved to the widespread corruption in Nigeria

Speakers after speakers lamented that the country won't move forward if corruption is allowed to continue to fester

Some said the immunity clause should be removed from the constitution

"This is really something absurd. A Nigerian president can shoot a citizen and nobody can arrest him," speaker Okey Ndibe said.

We should identify the loopholes they exploit to commit their corrupt acts and block it, a parliamentarian said.

Prof Aluko said Nigerian banks are culpable in the endemic corruption. He said there is need for close monitoring of the banks.
The parliament has just adopted a motion that the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Maurice Iwu, should be removed and prosecuted and prosecuted.

Bunmi Aborisade said without Iwu's removal, Nigeria would not make progress

A vote for Iwu's removal was unanimous

Ndibe said the issue of 200 million for governors every month is a scandal

We have to insist that the concept of immunity be redefined to cover only legitimate actions

Security votes breed corruption and should be eradicated

Aluko said the perpetual injection stopping EFCC from arresting former Governor Peter Odili is unfortunate

An incorruptible judiciary is necessary to fight corruption, he said.

A speaker said Nigerians in the United States should support the war against corruption by exposing politicians investing here.

Some of us know their assets, we should set up a committee to uncover their ill-gotten wealth here.
A Mr. Raji wants the Nigerian Police reformed and decentralized.

Lekan Awajoodu moved a motion that corruption is endemic and that the Nigerian Peoples Parliament in the Diaspora should set up a body to investigate the ill-gotten wealths of Nigerian politicians and make it impossible for them to hide their loot here. "We should continuously chase them all over the world and prosecute them."

Nsikan Nnokon has seconded the motion
A vote is about to be taken on the motion
The motion is carried.
The parliament has just adopted a motion that the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Maurice Iwu, should be removed and prosecuted and prosecuted.

Bunmi Aborisade said without Iwu's removal, Nigeria would not make progress

A vote for Iwu's removal was unanimous

So far, the following issues have been discussed:

The current political impasse and constitutional crisis: The way forward

The impact of corruption

Electoral Reform in Nigeria and a review of the Anambra election

On the table now is the Niger Delta problem

I can tell you that about 100 Nigerians are gathered here discussing the problems of their country. They came from Colorado, Washington DC, Maryland , New Jersey, New York, Michigan and many states

They are deeply concerned about the rot in their country.

They are even talking about raising money to join in mobilizing citizens back home in the run up to the 2011 election.

The Niger Delta issue is generating a lot of emotion here.
Parliamentarians from the oil-rich region wants the natives that own the land and the oil to control their resources in partnership with the Federal Government

Parliament adjourned at 6:58 PM EST till June 2010
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by sjeezy8: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2010
True I hate when I see people who are mostly abroad talkin mad shiot about naijas problem. Like the whole breaking up thing, other nonsense also.- mostly people living in fantasy land or the past.

Internet warriors, mislead children going by old war stories, battered and bruised old former soldiers, assylum seeking immigrants, big mouth militants and co . . . . .

All those yarning shiot should go and start a war NOW, I dont know what they are waiting for.

Afterall Ill join my parents and paddys in naija after i graduate - Nigeria problems are fairly simple and can be solved without millions of lives being lost.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by THEAMAKA(f): 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2010
sjeezy8:

True I hate when I see people who are mostly abroad talkin mad shiot about naijas problem. Like the whole breaking up thing, other nonsense also.- mostly people living in fantasy land or the past.

Internet warriors, mislead children going by old war stories, battered and bruised old former soldiers, assylum seeking immigrants, big mouth militants and co . . . . .

All those yarning shiot should go and start a war NOW, I dont know what they are waiting for.

Afterall Ill join my parents and paddys in naija after i graduate - Nigeria problems are fairly simple and can be solved without millions of lives being lost.
**applause** cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2010
I am in Nigeria as we speak, and I am calling for dissolution so what does that tell you? 

The Igbo will continue to call for dissolution. It doesn't matter if we are home or abroad.

This is one major group in which the majority of the population support having their own sovereign state.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by bgees(m): 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2010
EzeUche:

I am in Nigeria as we speak, and I am calling for dissolution so what does that tell you? 

The Igbo will continue to call for dissolution. It doesn't matter if we are home or abroad.

This is one major group in which the majority of the population support having their own sovereign state.

abeg shut up, who do u think u are? Okonkwo?

Tippy Top, nice one.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by oderemo(m): 7:50pm On Mar 14, 2010

Tippy Top, nice one.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 7:52pm On Mar 14, 2010
bgees:

Tippy Top, nice one.

Look mumu, you people hate the fact that the Igbo will never ever consider themselves Nigerians. The same goes for the "Niger Deltans" so hush.

Oil Oil Oil is all you people talk about. The funny thing about it is that you do not benefit from the oil.

No I am not Okonkwo, I am just the man who is in your mother's pot.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by TimLuaLua: 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2010
War is not always the answer. Lets sit and talk to solve our problem as a country.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by asha80(m): 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2010
Ezeuche i have to admit that you talk trash at times.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 14, 2010
Come and fight the break Up war, Facebook and internet wariors. Every small effort we make here is no good, Let them come and fight, infact suicide bomb Nigeria, Aso rock and the National Assembly
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
asha 80:

Ezeuche i have to admit that you talk trash at times.

I may talk trash, but I can back it up. cool

The truth hurts.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2010
aisha2:

Come and fight the break Up war, Facebook and internet wariors. Every small effort we make here is no good, Let them come and fight, infact suicide bomb Nigeria, Aso rock and the National Assembly

In this day and age where advanced technology is being used to start revolutions. I can give examples, like Iran which is going through a Green Revolution with the use of Twitter and Obama was swept to the presidency through grassroots online.

People underestimate the power of the internet.

And people abroad, are normally the ones who can make a revolution a reality. If you look at history, people had to go abroad to start revolutions.

Ex:

Russian Revolution - Stalin traveled to Germany
Vietnam Revolution - Ho Chi Minh traveled to France
Iranian Revolution. Ayatollah traveled to Iraq
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by oderemo(m): 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2010
Iranian Revolution. Ayatollah traveled to Iraq

@ezeuche your point being?
you are in the diaspora to liberate your ppl or what.
go ing thru your posts i noticed you are one dimensional guy ,
you talk of war , AK47, first amendment blah blah. lets cut to the chase when it come down to war will you still be in the Diaspora?
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by TippyTop(m): 8:20pm On Mar 14, 2010
EzeUche:

Iranian Revolution.  Ayatollah traveled to Iraq

And all other revolution bar these 3 were started at home.

The Internet changes a Tailor to a doctor a coward to an army general etc. Anonymity has changed many of us to super human level.
How many of the proponents of these "we must divide" actually attend protests matches?
Those scared of matching in a protest would scream on Nairaland they're ready to match to war.
Talk is cheap.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Ibime(m): 8:27pm On Mar 14, 2010
Those of us who would like to see the dissolution of the geographical entity called Nigeria were bred with this break-up mentality from youth.

This is the prevailing mentality in the former South-Eastern region of Nigeria.

Growing up in PH, all our elders used to talk about how good it would be if the South could seperate from the North.

Are those elders also living in the diaspora?
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2010
the truth is Nigeria is a doomed nation

whether it breaks up now or 50 years later ;it will surely break up.

because the citizens of nigeria identify themselves by their tribe,religion,region,state and lastly as Nigerian.

whereas it should be the other way round.There is no trust.where is the basis for one nigeria?
i will say the same thing,whether am in nigeria or not.

And when people call for dissolution of a failed state,that's not a call for war.
If all constituent parts of the federation want to ,then we don't need to fight to achieve it.And from current events,only the Hausa-Fulanis are interested in dying for ONE Nigeria.The rest are willing to go their separate ways.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2010
ode remo:

@ezeuche your point being?
you are in the diaspora to liberate your ppl or what.
go ing thru your posts i noticed you are one dimensional guy ,
you talk of war , AK47, first amendment blah blah. lets cut to the chase when it come down to war will you still be in the Diaspora?

I am actually not in the diaspora as I clearly stated. The only reason I go to the diaspora from time to time is to finish at my university in Washington DC

I actually took a semester off.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by denzel2009: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2010
Is there a place called diaspora cos the way its being used here, its sounds like a location. No?
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Beaf: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2010
@Tippy Top

The last time anybody started such a brain dead thread about their fellow Nigerians, it was thugs that were on here threatening to kill people and their families. The baboons have now melted away.
To this type of foo'l, all Nigerians are slaves to be milked, their wives and daughters ra'ped and babies chopped up by the hundred.

Times are changing boy, don't be caught on the wrong side of the fence. cool
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2010
Ibime:

Those of us who would like to see the dissolution of the geographical entity called Nigeria were bred with this break-up mentality from youth.

This is the prevailing mentality in the former South-Eastern region of Nigeria.

Growing up in PH, all our elders used to talk about how good it would be if the South could seperate from the North.

Are those elders also living in the diaspora?

Thank you Ibime.

From childhood, I was told stories about Biafra and the war that crushed the South-East dreams.

Only a fool would state that only Nigerians in the Diaspora are the only ones who support dissolution of Nigeria.

They have never come to the South-East. And the person who wrote this thread is probably a deluded Yoruba.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by TippyTop(m): 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2010
Beaf:

@Tippy Top

The last time anybody started such a brain dead thread about their fellow Nigerians, it was thugs that were on here threatening to kill people and their families. The baboons have now melted away.
To this type of foo'l, all Nigerians are slaves to be milked, their wives and daughters ra'ped and babies chopped up by the hundred.

Times are changing boy, don't be caught on the wrong side of the fence. cool

I visit Nigeria frequently and I don't notice this over-aching trend towards war.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by boyt1: 8:56pm On Mar 14, 2010
Why is the poster sounding most frustrated here. The awareness, €uros, Pounds, Dollars and goods sent home from overseas  have sustained millions  of people  in 9aa.  The Nigerians overseas are just  feed up  and pissed off with the stagnation, corruption , insecurity and anarchy in  the country because they have love ones out there too.   smiley smiley
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by kosovo(m): 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2010
This is just pathetic.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Igwe9(m): 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
In one way or the other, those abroad have somebody at home, so your theory about ''Told Nigerians Overseas  To Come  Home and Fight'' does not hold water.
futhermore, if war had be the solution, that already has happened, so its time to grant the request
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by beystwin: 9:07pm On Mar 14, 2010
where is the basis for one Nigeria?
The Nigerian constitutions has being fu<ked by cabals, there is no Justice, only tears sorrow and blood.  cry
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by 18platoon(m): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2010
@poster, its true all those guys ranting asking for war are not nigeria, they'll only sit down in the rooms and be spewing shit after doing KPEKE in the night.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by beystwin: 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2010
18 platoon:

@poster, its true all those guys ranting asking for war are not nigeria, they'll only sit down in the rooms and be spewing poo after doing KPEKE in the night.
What is Kpeke, exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Meaning Of Boko Haram / PDP Demands Cancellation Of Presidential Poll Results In Yobe, Zamfara, Borno, N / It’s Illegal To Release Asset Declaration Of Public Officeholders - CCB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.