Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight (9121 Views)

Femi Adesina To Nigerians: ‘go And Fight Pipeline Vandals If You Want Electricit / Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari / Asari Dokubo Told To Leave Ndigbo Alone In His Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Darn I should be asleep right now. Early flight

Going to Daytona Beach tomorrow for Spring Break Oh Yea!
hmmmmm. . . .No come and start war for here o

ayettymama:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lolz

got relatives so might see u  tongue tongue tongue

that is heavily insulting-yet soo bloody tru!
You better, which part? South FL?
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 5:52am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Isn't there a better school in maryland called Hopkins, lol. I doubt there would be many africans there.

Interesting- good for you, sjeezy and you might never meet. I am like one of the two only proudly Nigerian guys in my school. We dont even have many ethiopians. Lots of carribeans though and african americans  grin

Yeah ethiopian girls are hot. I really want to date one at least but cant find any. I used to live in maryland and there were so many Nigerians and ethiopians. I could hear King Sunny Ade all over.

Ethiopian girls are very nice to look at. Never dated one, but I heard good things about them.

Ghanaian women are fine too and have a few under my notches. Good times in Accra.  cheesy

Naija girls at UMD. Fine too but many horror stories. So no comment.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Tuyis: 5:54am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Darn I should be asleep right now. Early flight

Going to Daytona Beach tomorrow for Spring Break Oh Yea!

O.k, grin  And don't forget to drop by and say hello to FL Gators for me, Oh Yea!. Lol
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 5:54am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

I will be there to spread my love.  wink

Does not matter if they are akata, Nigerian, Jamaican, Puerto Rican etc.

Uche does not discriminate!
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by ayettymama(f): 5:55am On Mar 15, 2010
@FL

miami
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

lol yes you do nau. to yoruba ppl sad

Tuyis:

O.k, grin  And don't forget to drop by and say hello to FL Gators for me, Oh Yea!. Lol
sjeezy. reporting your a$$ for another ban cheesy

ayettymama:

@FL

miami
girl, you best holla if you ever do visit cheesy
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 5:57am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

You better, which part? South FL?

Thats what I was thinking- florida seceding from the whole of united states because things are not working. Speaking of secession, I saw a lot of confederate flags in florida, I was so scared. Man the south is one scary backward place.

that is heavily insulting-yet soo bloody tru!

Well yeah u only find naija people in certain places na.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Tuyis: 5:57am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

You are truly funny!
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 5:59am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

I actually have this rhyme:

Sefago does not discriminate
White, black, asian I am always looking for someone to copulate-

it actually sounds better when I rap it
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 6:01am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

lol yes you do nau. to yoruba ppl sad

Oh no. I am all about "One Love." In separate countries. cool

I am "One Naija" when it comes to my relationships. hehehehe
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Thats what I was thinking- florida seceding from the whole of united states because things are not working. Speaking of secession, I saw a lot of confederate flags in florida, I was so scared. Man the south is one scary backward place.

Well yeah u only find naija people in certain places na.
*death*  grin grin grin

Surely you're joking. Even EzeUche no fit start am grin

EzeUche:

Oh no. I am all about "One Love." In separate countries.  cool

I am "One Naija" when it comes to my relationships. hehehehe
So you'll loff us if we were in separate countries.
We can come over for some Oha soup and iyan?  grin grin

SEFAGO:

I actually have this rhyme:

Sefago does not discriminate
White, black, asian I am always looking for someone to copulate-

it actually sounds better when I rap it

You're just nasty
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 6:07am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

*death*  grin grin grin

Surely you're joking. Even EzeUche no fit start am grin

So you'll loff us if we were in separate countries.
We can come over for some Oha soup and iyan?  grin grin
You're just nasty

Actually I gave you the PG version. The R-rated version replaces copulate with ejac-***

hehe

See we can all be friends no need to separate- the only people who want to separate are those who hate everyone and are just bloody misanthropes.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 15, 2010
Lil boys of nowadays.
Orisirisi lo wa lokan won
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by EzeUche(m): 6:13am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

See we can all be friends no need to separate- the only people who want to separate are those who hate everyone and are just bloody misanthropes.

Well I do support a separate North/South Nigeria. Really, unlike many of my compatriots, I would support being in a nation with the Yoruba. I have too many friends that are Yoruba when I am in the U.S.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Well I do support a separate North/South Nigeria. Really, unlike many of my compatriots, I would support being in a nation with the Yoruba. I have too many friends that are Yoruba when I am in the U.S.
Then what causes your bitterness, apart from Biafra war.
Were you even born then?
All this lil Igbo and yoruba children hating each other on sth that's not theirs to hate
lol thatz what really pisses me off grin

oh if only I can slap some fat off some ppl sha. . . .
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by ebioloye1: 6:29am On Mar 15, 2010
a country were we dont respect the constitution any more the is useles nigeria
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by chelseabmw(m): 6:37am On Mar 15, 2010
don't mind all those people who claim to be abroad, dem never see yet
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by platinumnk(f): 6:38am On Mar 15, 2010
ebi_oloye:

a country were we dont respect the constitution any more the is useles nigeria

lol, they say its not working, and who they want to fix it? turai? hahah, no one is going to step up to the plate, as long as we breathe "air" things can continue the way it is.

Look at Mayalasia- came and took palm kernels and built a country with it, Nigerians

The Great - "lets wait and see mentality"

Lol Somthing thats not working, or something thats never going to work?
The quicker we realize it, the better  lipsrsealed

David made some good points earlier, lemme find it.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by platinumnk(f): 6:40am On Mar 15, 2010
davidylan (m)
*the hollow of God's hands*

Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight
« #63 on: Today at 06:32:07 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who are ok with the meaningless "one nigeria" maxim are divided into:

1. Those from the north who see losing the south as a threat to their present lifestyle. the south is essentially the only reason most from the north are different from their Nigerien brethren.

2. Southern nigerians who are ok with the status quo and heavily benefit from it. i.e. children with parents in government.

3. The myopic who think Nigeria is ok as long as we only see the jos human sacrifice FAR AWAY from their homes and is restricted to no more than once a yr. I'm sure if hausas slaughtered 500 christians in Lagos they wont have this thread up here. 

Shikena lipsrsealed

people carrying water from stream with broken pot. Useless
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 6:45am On Mar 15, 2010
^ except those points dont make sense

How is a separated Nigeria going to help solve problems like jos killings?

Most of the religious violence occurs on Northern soil or in the middle-belt region as you correctly pointed out. God help any crazy hausa who decides to slaughter yoruba in Oyo or Igbo in enugu. So separation is not going to help in anyways. I dont have to further develop my points but you see the drift anyways.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ except those points dont make sense

How is a separated Nigeria going to help solve problems like jos killings?

Most of the religious violence occurs on Northern soil or in the middle-belt region as you correctly pointed out. God help any crazy hausa who decides to slaughter yoruba in Oyo or Igbo in enugu. So separation is not going to help in anyways. I dont have to further develop my points but you see the drift anyways.
But arent you contradicting yourself?

If most of the violence occurs in the religious violence occurs in the North, then wouldnt that make it more effective to separate?
As its obvious that Is-Lam cannot tolerate Christianity.

And No, I do not support the separation of Nigeria. I'm just trying to see where you're going with this
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 7:02am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

But arent you contradicting yourself?

If most of the violence occurs in the religious violence occurs in the North, then wouldnt that make it more effective to separate?
As its obvious that Is-Lam cannot tolerate Christianity.

And No, I do not support the separation of Nigeria. I'm just trying to see where you're going with this

No, I am not. I want a compelling argument for separation- the only one I want to hear is genocide. A few actions of uneducated mallams cannot be misconstrued or used as evidence for secession. Generally, I want people here to give an argument not based on emotions on why a couple of killings should indicate intolerance. By the way Yoruba muslims dont butcher Christians to the best of my knowledge so islam as an intolerant religion is moot.

The killings take place in the north and could be seen then as a personal matter- it really serves 0 argument for separating. Infact if the North kill 300,000 igbo/yoruba people tomorrow including all my family members, its still not a strong argument for seceding- however if the North begins to target igbo/yoruba people in specific ways then thats a different game- its so hard to explain lol

just read on arguments for secession and autonomy
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by bayo1(m): 7:03am On Mar 15, 2010
", the new nation called Nigeria  should be an estate from our great grand father Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use the minorities in the north as willing tools and the south as conquered territories and never allow them to have control of their future".
Sir Ahmadu Bello, The patriot 12 Oct 1960 (Thisday 14/1/10 page 40).

The statement above shows the mindset of the north, whether we admit it or not. Why forcing ourselves together when it shows clearly that we are not one? Let's continue to live in deception and think all is well.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

No, I am not. I want a compelling argument for separation- the only one I want to hear is genocide. A few actions of uneducated mallams cannot be misconstrued or used as evidence for secession. Generally, I want people here to give an argument not based on emotions on why a couple of killings should indicate intolerance. By the way Yoruba muslims dont butcher Christians to the best of my knowledge so islam as an intolerant religion is moot.

The killings take place in the north and could be seen then as a personal matter- it really serves 0 argument for separating. Infact if the North kill 300,000 igbo/yoruba people tomorrow including all my family members, its still not a strong argument for seceding- however if the North begins to target igbo/yoruba people in specific ways then thats a different game- its so hard to explain lol

just read on arguments for secession and autonomy

Exactly.

The ppl begging for separation are either outside of the country, know nothing about Nigeria, or hardcore christians hating Is-Lam on a personal level [fueled by Jos incident].

Separation ko laceration ni
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 15, 2010
@ Tippy Top (poster) big ups. I agree. I will say that any Nigerian who wants to see their country turn red in bloodshed should pick up arms THEMSELVES! there is NOTHING low than promoting violence for personal gain at the expense of another humanbeings life. in my opinion "declare war? pick up arms" simple.

and any Nigerian who believes they wont be deported from the US should Nigeria go to war is SADLY mistaken. Look at the Liberians. LOTS of Liberians who sought assylum in the US found themselves on a one way ride back to Liberia even before the war was totally over. I am living in the states and I can tell you because of the fact that Nigeria has one of the worst stereotypes not to mention your black skin? please, do NOT expect any pity from Uncle Sam, heck they didnt even ATTEMPT to make the fighting worthy of special news coverage! let an American get killed in Nigeria and that will be a diff. story.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by princekevo(m): 7:32am On Mar 15, 2010
The killings take place in the north and could be seen then as a personal matter- it really serves 0 argument for separating. [b]Infact if the North kill 300,000 igbo/yoruba people tomorrow including all my family members, its still not a strong argument for seceding- however if the North begins to target igbo/yoruba people in specific ways then thats a different game- its so hard to explain l[/b]ol

My guy stop contradicting urself, as someone already suggest. Yes is to hard to explain coz is too hard to twist the truth.  How can the killing of 300,000 Yoruba or Ibo's by the North not be seen as a specific target against a tribe, which can also be seen as Genocide. More so, is easier said than done, coz i know the story will definitely change if some day while in the US and you got a news of your parents or siblings being a victim of the madness going on in the country by the North.

A few actions of uneducated mallams cannot be misconstrued or used as evidence for secession.

This might be seen as an action of uneducated mallams, but engineered, supported and sponsored by educated Mallams, even some which might be among our so called leaders.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by bayo1(m): 7:32am On Mar 15, 2010
^^
Did the call for separation start after Jos crises?
You argument of hardcore christian hating Islam is fluke!
The only pple clamoring for one Nigeria are those in government, having relative in govt or benefiting from the corruption in the country.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by TexMex: 7:34am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

Exactly.

The ppl begging for separation are either outside of the country, know nothing about Nigeria, or hardcore christians hating Is-Lam on a personal level [fueled by Jos incident].

Separation ko laceration ni

No, separation will not immediately stop the killing fields, but I won't subscribe to FL Gators view expressed above. Hard core Christians hating on Islam? Not in the least! Outsiders from another planet or country? Nope, not quite.

One needs to have witnessed these killings in order to understand what's happening. It beggars belief seeing neighbors hacking each other to death, properties burnt and looted. The flash-point sometimes are laughable. Witness the Maitasine, Zango Kataf and Sharia riots, Boko Haram and others. In the JOS North instance, the FULANI want political power which I personally deem inappropriate. You don't see NIGERIANS in Pecham or New York angling for a State or County of their own simply because they have lived in AMERICA for decades.

Separation won't solve anything except it involves all parties going back to their ancestral lands and having nothing to do with each other. My suggested solution is as follows:
- The government should determine who owns the land
- Whoever owns the land has the right to spell out rules of engagement same way governments in some Islamic nations make it a crime for their citizens to convert to another religion.
- Settlers in any community should be willing to live by the rules given to them by their hosts, otherwise leave.

I 'm not anti-hausa/fulani or anti-Islam. I 've lived in many parts of the world (even in the core north for many years), and I know what the FULANIS are agitating for is not done, and they themselves won't take it from any tribe.

Now, if there's to be One Nigeria, we should not deceive ourselves that we are one. Sadly, we 're not one (or rather, we do not have the same objectives/interests in a one Nigeria), that's why I support self-determination. Each community determine on what basis they want to be in the union. Chikena.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2010
This might be seen as an action of uneducated mallams, but engineered, supported and sponsored by educated Mallams, even some which might be among our so called leaders.

proof? Whats the motive?

My guy stop contradicting urself, as someone already suggest. Yes is to hard to explain coz is too hard to twist the truth.  How can the killing of 300,000 Yoruba or Ibo's by the North not be seen as a specific target against a tribe, which can also be seen as Genocide. More so, is easier said than done, coz i know the story will definitely change if some day while in the US and you got a news of your parents or siblings being a victim of the madness going on in the country by the North.

You dont expect people in the north to kill themselves? If my family got killed then it would be painful and I might have a problem with hausa people and hate them. But I cannot go to the UN and ask for a secession. Thats my point.

One of the points I was trying to make was that if hypothetically Nigeria seceded, igbo people will still be killed in the North because they are not wanted there lol. So things wouldn't change.
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 15, 2010
bayo1:

^^
Did the call for separation start after Jos crises?
You argument of hardcore christian hating Islam is fluke!
The only pple clamoring for one Nigeria are those in government, having relative in govt or benefiting from the corruption in the country.
No, it is not a Fluke, it is only expected AFTER so many violence between the two religions, and we must not forget the difference in beliefs [Sharia].
The call for separation became stronger after the Jos incident. . . . before then it was just "an idea", now its a "must".

TexMex:

No, separation will not immediately stop the sin assembly of killings, but I won't subscribe to FL Gators view expressed above. Hard core christians hating on Islam? Not in the least! Outsiders from another planet or country? Nope, not quiet.

One needs to have witnessed these killings in order to understand what's happening. It beggers belief seeing neighbors hacking each other to death, properties burnt and looted. The flash-point sometimes are laughable. Witness the Maitasine, Zango Kataf and Sharia riots, Boko Haram and others. In the JOS North instance, the FULANI want political power which I personally deem inappropriate. You don't see NIGERIANS in Pecham or New York angling or a State or County of their own simply because they have lived in AMERICA for decades.

Separation won't solve anything except it involves all parties going back to their ancestral lands and having nothing to do with each other. My suggested solution is as follows:
- Whoever owns the land has the right to spell out rules of engagement same way governments in some Islamic nations make it a crime or their citizens to convert to another religion.
- Settlers in any community should be willing to live by the rules given to them by their hosts, otherwise leave.

I 'm not anti-hausa/fulani or anti-Islam. I 've lived in many parts of the World (even in the core north for many years), and I know what the FULANIS are agitating or is not done, and they themselves won't take it from any tribe.

Now, if there's to be One Nigeria, we should not deceive ourselves that we are one. Sadly, we 're not one (or rather, we do not have the same objectives), that's why I support self-determination. Each community determine on what basis they want to be in the union. Chikena.

You do make a point, however it's supporting the point I'm making. . . . what's causing all the violence in Jos if not for the hate caused by religious difference?

Hmm, Yes, I do infact understand  your solutions sha. . . .So you're saying that you'd rather want a the government to make a confirmation of the  the ownership of a land rather than to separate? However I need to understand how that is going to work. . . .
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by SEFAGO(m): 7:51am On Mar 15, 2010
TexMex:

No, separation will not immediately stop the killing fields, but I won't subscribe to FL Gators view expressed above. Hard core Christians hating on Islam? Not in the least! Outsiders from another planet or country? Nope, not quite.

One needs to have witnessed these killings in order to understand what's happening. It beggars belief seeing neighbors hacking each other to death, properties burnt and looted. The flash-point sometimes are laughable. Witness the Maitasine, Zango Kataf and Sharia riots, Boko Haram and others. In the JOS North instance, the FULANI want political power which I personally deem inappropriate. You don't see NIGERIANS in Pecham or New York angling for a State or County of their own simply because they have lived in AMERICA for decades.

- Whoever owns the land has the right to spell out rules of engagement same way governments in some Islamic nations make it a crime for their citizens to convert to another religion.

I 'm not anti-hausa/fulani or anti-Islam. I 've lived in many parts of the world (even in the core north for many years), and I know what the FULANIS are agitating for is not done, and they themselves won't take it from any tribe.

Now, if there's to be One Nigeria, we should not deceive ourselves that we are one. Sadly, we 're not one (or rather, we do not have the same objectives/interests in a one Nigeria), that's why I support self-determination. Each community determine on what basis they want to be in the union. Chikena.

Good point
Re: Nigerians Overseas Told To Come Home and Fight by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 15, 2010
Wo, you didnt have to quote all that.

@TexMex
Reread your point. . . . and I smell some sense in it. . . .
No further explanation needed. . . .lol

I dey go sleep. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

David Cameron Visits Nigeria / Ekiti University Expels Five For Molestation / Should Suntai Be Approved To Resume As Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.