Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62759 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
ashawopikin:
bible said baptism is total immersion in water, while catholics dont
where did you get that from?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
Was he worshipping it? You have no knowledge of catholic church? Start from the beginning. !...the reformation and how it spread to the whole world. South American has a big problem with incorporation of their Mayan pagan religion in to the church....so also the Philippines which the church abhors. Read....
so because the poor boy wasn't worshipping it well that's why they didn't tend to him 1st? grin
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by oyinda1599(f): 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
enemyofprogress:
oyinda abi na okoda be your name,no go treat dat your mouth and body odour,na only you Mohammed bless with the the two problems. Sidon there dey laff like hyena.
;lolsss...how do u kw the way am laffing at u guys is like that of hyena.seriously u got it.As for the mouth and body odour,I don't av time for treatment now,maybe later..lolzz. Changing my name to Okoda,na that one swt me for body pass.it shows uve learnt nothing from ur bible.A guys with a dysfunctional brain.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by TheArchangel(f): 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
do you pray in the rooms with those image
Why pray with it when you can wear it as an apron and bracelets cheesy. It is no longer about medals and chaplets but always Mary this and that.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
where did you get that from?

That's what his pastor told him now...all of them its what their pastor told dem
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by joshnes(m): 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
You are funny with your assertions. What say you of the apron, handkerchiefs, bracelets, anklets with daddy GO faces on it etc that is sold and use like an amulets all over the churches now which is no different than the ark of covenant of old? Pluck out your log of woods first.
Thanks for the compliment on my humor, even though I never intended to be funny. Those things you mentioned are not objects of worship. Even the woman with the issue of blood touched Jesus clothes. Handkerchhefs and aprons are biblical (Acts 19:11-12). As for the printing of "daddy GO's face" my church doesn't do that neither do I. Whether there is a face on it or not that one doesn't matter, if God is in it, it will work because it is backed by the Word.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by oyinda1599(f): 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
freshboi88:

Thts enough division already
Division in xtianity is worst.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by TheArchangel(f): 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Proffdada:
so because the poor boy wasn't worshipping it well that's why they didn't tend to him 1st? grin
You saw a video which only you can attest to seeing and you want me to substantiate why "they" didn't tend to him? Are you for real?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
we also pray using the 12 apostles... the only wahala is you guys only start foaming in the mouth once you hear Mary

Hahahahahaha....

Soon u guyz would also pray with Pontius Pilate.....

Abeg gimme space make I faint ooo...
Church uwa mmebi...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by enemyofprogress: 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
oyinda1599:
;lolsss...how do u kw the way am laffing at u guys is like that of hyena.seriously u got it.As for the mouth and body odour,I don't av time for treatment now,maybe later..lolzz. Changing my name to Okoda,na that one swt me for body pass.it shows uve learnt nothing from ur bible.A guys with a dysfunctional brain.
abeg go. My compound people dey complain of your odours,the thing no free us sleep
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
They don't worship any statue of anybody...you are the one forcing the " perceived worshipping " on them.
http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7L8rcgP_jJY&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj3kdmcmoXXAhWLbhQKHfA1AjMQtwIIDA&usg=AOvVaw3lZ4skfZRJ11pCqgRoDeF1
grin
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by joshnes(m): 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
freshboi88:

Meaning that it might mean and it might not.....so having this in might....on what grounds do u now decide and force it on catholics that their reverence is worship
it is written all over your actions, you petition them to pray for you, which is a prayer to them on its own. You dont't carry your prayers to something you don't worship.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
oyinda1599:

No Ma, soon in xtainity doesn't cause bloodshed.
The rivalry bw Sunnis and Shiites has left lots of peeps dead....Nigeria a case study
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by enemyofprogress: 11:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
oyinda1599:
sharaaaaaaaaaap iyawo alhaji tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by TheArchangel(f): 11:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
joshnes:
Thanks for the compliment on my humor, even though I never intended to be funny. Those things you mentioned are not objects of worship. Even the woman with the issue of blood touched Jesus clothes. Handkerchhefs and aprons are biblical (Acts 19:11-12). As for the printing of "daddy GO's face" my church doesn't do that neither do I. Whether there is a face on it or not that one doesn't matter, if God is in it, it will work because it is backed by the Word.
So why is it difficult to believe what the Catholics do with the images? They have said that they don't worship it and I have never seen a single catholic that said they worship images, why dont you people get that!?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
joshnes:
it is written all over your actions, you petition them to pray for you, which is a prayer to them on its own. You dont't carry your prayers to something you don't worship.

Does it mean we I ask my mum, dad, friends to pray for me, which is a prayer in itself to dem.....means I am worshipping them...I hope u realize how dumb that is
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by TheArchangel(f): 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
amunkita:

Hahahahahaha....

Soon u guyz would also pray with Pontius Pilate.....

Abeg gimme space make I faint ooo...
Church uwa mmebi...
You have a warped understanding of what prayer means? Lawyers pray to the judges everyday.... undecided
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by oyinda1599(f): 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
enemyofprogress:
sharaaaaaaaaaap iyawo alhaji tongue tongue
lolssss.u making me laugh the more.am even the fourth wife of Alhaji. Congratulate me joor.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Ladyjumong(f): 11:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
TimeMod1:
Here comes a dumbo who claimed she no longer fancy its obligations ( ritual of worship )
oh is that it. this is what u get when one cnt understand a point. u can insult yourself all u can, em nt interested. bye.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by TheArchangel(f): 11:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
Proffdada:
http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7L8rcgP_jJY&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj3kdmcmoXXAhWLbhQKHfA1AjMQtwIIDA&usg=AOvVaw3lZ4skfZRJ11pCqgRoDeF1
grin
Where is the boy and the worshipping?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 11:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
So why is it difficult to believe what the Catholics do with the images? They have said that they don't worship it and I have never seen a single catholic that said they worship images, why dont you people get that!?

Dnt worry sis, leave this man to him, I'll mke him realize how baseless his argument is
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by joshnes(m): 11:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
The end of the matter is that if you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, you are saved. Catholic or not.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by SalC: 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
Really Chosen goers has their apron, redeemed has their daddy GO anklet and bangle as an amulets and so on but if it is Catholics all hell will break loose.....hypocritical Christians.

Forget the things you see these Pentecostals claim online, they are in no way better than Catholics.

They used to accuse us of using images and scapulars, now they wear the image of Oyedepo and his wife put together. Etc.

They accused us of using holy water, now they buy anointing water abi na morning water from TB Joshua and bethsida water from Jeremiah Mercyland.
They even use one water that they add red colorant as blood of Jesus in winners now.

They used to accuse us of using chaplets, now they use praying beads and even praying mats.

They used to be against we recieving communion, later they started it too so the argument shifted to we using wafer instead. But now, they even receive yale and oxford cabin biscuits.

I don't even bother arguing with them these days.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by freshboi88: 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
joshnes:
The end of the matter is that if you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, you are saved. Catholic or not.

Catholics do that....so whts is ur point
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
You have a warped understanding of what prayer means? Lawyers pray to the judges everyday.... undecided

Hahahahahaha...
Then be a lawyer too, so that u can pray a lawyer to send you to a purgatory with Driver nd Chef...

Lastly, lawyers ain't craven image, sure they hear unlike what we find in every catholic church...
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by oyinda1599(f): 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
freshboi88:

The rivalry bw Sunnis and Shiites has left lots of peeps dead....Nigeria a case study
who told u sir,that there is no bloodshed in xtianity, 19th century in europe , go and read about how Catholic xtians massacre thousands of Protestant xtians under the guise of xtianity. I fear Catholic xtians oo.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by TheArchangel(f): 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
SalC:

Forget the things you see these Pentecostals claim online, they are in no way better than Catholics.

They used to accuse us of using images and scapulars, now they wear the image of Oyedepo and his wife put together. Etc.

They accused us of using holy water, now they buy anointing water abi na morning water from TB Joshua and bethsida water from Jeremiah Mercyland.
They even use one water that they add red colorant as blood of Jesus in winners now.

They used to accuse us of using chaplets, now they use praying beads and even praying mats.

They used to be against we recieving communion, later they started it too so the argument shifter to wr using wafer instead. But now, they even receive yale and oxford cabin biscuits.

I don't even bother arguing with them these days.
Very pathetic indeed
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Proffdada: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
Where is the boy and the worshipping?
sorry that's not the clip. But why do you still call mary virgin after given birth to other children?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by joshnes(m): 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
freshboi88:

Does it mean we I ask my mum, dad, friends to pray for me, which is a prayer in itself to dem.....means I am worshipping them...I hope u realize how dumb that is
you ask them to join you in prayer, they are alive in your front. You dont need to build an image of them. Why will you make an image and pray to it? That is IDOLATRY sir.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by oyinda1599(f): 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
freshboi88:

but I think u a cool guy.like the way uve been interacting with me.what a good xtian u are.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by TheArchangel(f): 11:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
oyinda1599:
who told u sir,that there is no bloodshed in xtianity, 19th century in europe , go and read about how Catholic xtians massacre thousands of Protestant xtians under the guise of xtianity. I fear Catholic xtians oo.
You are 200 years late dear.......we all are moving ahead. Muslims are picking up on what was left more than centuries ago...isnt it worrisome.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by joshnes(m): 11:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
TheArchangel:
what do they do with it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (30) (Reply)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Bishop Tom Samson Wins "Best Pastor Of The Year" Award, Poses In His Limousine / Members Beat Pastor James Mugo After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16,000 To Unlock 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.