Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,523 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 (25609 Views)

80 Legends Of Nairaland : 2005 - 2013 / Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 / Bombshell ! Girl Of 18 Slept With Over 50 Men ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by eldee(m): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2010
Ujujoan:

what's with the gender inequality    undecided

WTF!!!!

What's gender got to do with this??

Na wa for NL feminists ooh . . . first sumone was complaining that there are not enough Black chics shaking their bootays in Taio Cruz videos.
Now this??

@tkb
Oya . . . redistribute your list . . . 4 men, 4 women and two hermaphrodites grin grin grin
Right now you only have one hermaphrodite . . . Dayo cheesy cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
eldee:

WTF!!!!

Na wa for NL feminists ooh . . . first sumone was complaining that there are not enough Black chics shaking their bootays in Taio Cruz videos.
Now this??

@tkb
Oya . . . redistribute your list . . . 4 men, 4 women and two hermaphrodites grin grin grin

I just find it very difficult to beleive that out of 10 best NLer, he could only come up with one female (abi?)! That's just typical of NL guys, they think they are all better than us!  angry  angry

I can tick off 10 ladies on NL who are much better than all those alpha-males he came up with!  angry  angry  angry   tongue
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by spikedcylinder: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2010
eldee:

Rotflmao!!!! That was funny! grin grin grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
When I set out to do this, I knew it will generate controversy. And what doesn't generate controversy on NL? My only surprise was the way some folk are taking things that are purely fun.

It doesn't add anything to the so-called legends neither does it take anything away from those that are not on the list. It's all fun.
As someone reminded me up there, which I have always known anyway, great men do their things normally and found themselves being recognized as such. With the way everybody keeps making case for the inclusion of Sienna for example, it is clear that people are watching him and know his value here, while he does his thing normally.

I have always tolerated constructive critricisms, not only on NL but also elsewhere, but when some people resort to name-calling just to express a contrary view, one cannot but sit behind and watch their vituperations.

All in all, it is obvious that more Nairalanders found the list agreeable than condemnable. And that is the fun of it.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by sley4life(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
Nice nomination
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Stop fighting.
who are u talking to?
am i ur mate? grin

Ujujoan:

I just find it very difficult to beleive that out of 10 best NLer, he could only come up with one female (abi?)! That's just typical of NL guys, they think they are all better than us!  angry  angry

I can tick off 10 ladies on NL who are much better than all those alpha-males he came up with!  angry  angry  angry   tongue
see me see trouble
i said my list and not Uju's list grin grin
do ur own and populate it with 8 women and 2 guys
wahala dey oo. Do ur own cos thats mine. at the end, Jarus will pick the most frequent names out of all our nominations
wetin con concern u with my own grin grin grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
Chai, nothing ever goes smoothly on Nairaland. Dem swear for una? grin

If you think there are people left out put down their names, abi didn't Jarus make provision for that? undecided

Don't see this as an award, but some people deserve respect abeg. And I respect many people that I have never even quoted here. cheesy

If it pains you, try and post well in your after-life.  cheesy

At Jarus, don't forget the literature section. That place nearly died once grin, but some people revived it. grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2010
see why naija is still in a quagmire
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by eldee(m): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Jarus

I forgot to add . . . nice job you've done with this and the Poster of The Year Awards.
It musta taken shitloads of hardwork.

Ujujoan:

I just find it very difficult to beleive that out of 10 best NLer, he could only come up with one female (abi?)! That's just typical of NL guys, they think they are all better than us!  angry  angry

I can tick off 10 ladies on NL who are much better than all those alpha-males he came up with!  angry  angry  angry   tongue

One thing you guys don't understand is that comments like this trivialise feminism.
Bringing gender into a list of top NLers is as lame as the word goes.

If you think you have a better list, put it up . . . it's a free world, but please stop trivialising feminism . . . it's disrespectful.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2010
oyb:

Bros, u don come here. . . but no tell my oga say na award I dey do for NL o grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2010
oyb:

grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2010
forget feminism

this list is marginalizing

we expect a list that includes legends from the three major tribes in nigeria, from muslims , christians and traditional worshippers ( not to atheists!  cheesy)
NIDs, NINs, niger deltans whose gas powers phcn that nl runs on,

did i miss anyone  grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2010
stillwater:

Chai, nothing ever goes smoothly on Nairaland. Dem swear for una? grin

If you think there are people left out put down their names, abi didn't Jarus make provision for that? undecided

Don't see this as an award, but some people deserve respect abeg. And I respect many people that I have never even quoted here. cheesy

If it pains you, try and post well in your after-life.  cheesy

At Jarus, don't forget the literature section. That place nearly died once grin, but some people revived it. grin
stilly how far nau? wink
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by eldee(m): 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
oyb:

forget feminism

we expect a list that includes legends from the three major tribes in nigeria, from muslims , christians and traditional worshippers ( not to atheists!  cheesy)

did i miss anyone

Infact I was about to mention the fact that is pure racial discrimination.
Racism on Nairaland.

Everybody on that list is black!!!! grin grin grin

What of the White, Asian, Bi-racial, Australian and European people on Nairaland?? grin grin grin
Are you going to join me in the protests?? cheesy cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
tkb417:

stilly how far nau? wink

So you still remember me?  tongue
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by spikedcylinder: 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ tkb,
Nothing o, you be my egbon. grin grin grin

oyb, as usual, you no well.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2010
stillwater:

So you still remember me?  tongue
why not, ure ma paddy nau

meanwhile lets see ur list

spikedcylinder:

[color=#550000]@ tkb,
Nothing o, you be my egbon. grin grin grin

good to know u sabi ur egbon
how u dey?
give us ur list too cos Jarus needs them for his compilation at the end
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by na2day2(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2010
eldee:

WTF!!!!

Now this??

no mind them, tomorrow they will say black men no get respect for their fellow black women, now we don respect them enough not to show their bootay on silly videos them dey vex.

eldee:

@tkb

LMAO  grin grin grin grin

Ujujoan:

go create your own earth this one belongs to men! [size=3pt]FYI: we the men so solemnly swear that we are better than all u females  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ***docks for cover***[/size]
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
eldee:

Infact I was about to mention the fact that is pure racial discrimination.
Racism on Nairaland.

Everybody on that list is black!!!! grin grin grin

What of the White, Asian, Bi-racial, Australian and European people on Nairaland?? grin grin grin
Are you going to join me in the protests?? cheesy cheesy

see me see trouble

we forgot south africans mpele, rsa
african americans - who can forget mandingo
freaks - sistawomen
unhappy wives - leila

angry angry angry

jarus aka maurice iwu  angry cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
eldee:

@tkb
hehehehe
i just dey see this one
u nor well o grin grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by na2day2(m): 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
oyb:

i know right!
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2010
eldee:

One thing you guys don't understand is that comments like this trivialise feminism.
Bringing gender into a list of top NLers is as lame as the word goes.

If you think you have a better list, put it up . . . it's a free world, but please stop trivialising feminism . . . it's disrespectful.

So you think canvassing for gender equality is 'trivialising feminism'  

tkb417:

see me see trouble
i said my list and not Uju's list grin grin
do your own and populate it with 8 women and 2 guys
wahala dey oo. Do your own cos thats mine. at the end, Jarus will pick the most frequent names out of all our nominations
wetin con concern u with my own grin grin grin

I was just pointing it out to you how your list happened to be conveniently chauvinsitic! You just aired your opinion, please allow me to do the same!  tongue
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
Hmmnnn, I'm enjoying this  grin grin grin

Naija factor don come in: Quota system, religious representation, gender representation  grin  grin
None of those even came to my mind while compiling
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
go create your own earth this one belongs to men! FYI: we the men so solemnly swear that we are better than all u females     ***docks for cover***

lol  cheesy  cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2010
oyb:

forget feminism

we expect a list that includes legends from the three major tribes in nigeria, from muslims , christians and traditional worshippers ( not to atheists! cheesy)

did i miss anyone grin

As I was about typing this, PHCN struck. . . could it be because . . hmmnn? grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2010
Ujujoan:

I was just pointing it out to you how your list happened to be conveniently chauvinsitic! You just aired your opinion, please allow me to do the same!  tongue

lol; conveniently chauvinistic?
ure the chauvinist here cos my list only represents my sentiments

will i just add females just because i wanna balance the list? NO
ok, lets see urs and lets see how balanced it will be. Ok madam, ur point is taken
lets see ur list
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2010
Hmmnnn, I'm enjoying this    

Naija factor don come in: Quota system, religious representation, gender representation    
None of those even came to my mind while compiling

I wouldnt have complained if I didnt think the list could have been better arranged to accomodate some other people, irrespective of their gender! It's just so happened that the 'some people' are women and he conviniently ignored them! Actually, my objection had more to do with his obvious bias (being the man that he is). It's like he thinks the men are better than the women, even though that is clearly not the case!  undecided

Yours was a much better list!   undecided
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Johnnny(m): 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yes! this list is not correct. How come my name is not among them.

Are u saying I am not a L-E-G-E-N-D?
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by eldee(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
Ujujoan:

So you think canvassing for gender equality is 'trivialising feminism'  

Canvassing for gender equality in list of forum members, number of women in music videos and B.S like this is unconscious drive towards feminism look like a farce.
What next you'll talk of the glass ceiling in the number of women buying Eminem albums?? or the gender discrimination in the relatively low number of women watching football on TV??

I see where feminists are coming from . . . but stuff like this is disrespectful to the Alice Walkers of this world.

oyb:

see me see trouble

we forgot south africans mpele, rsa
african americans - who can forget mandingo
freaks - sistawomen
unhappy wives - leila

angry angry angry

jarus aka maurice iwu  angry cheesy

Infact what of the age representation . . . everyone on that list is either in their 20s or 30s . . . what of the over-60s??
What of the teenagers??  grin grin

Infact, we want a tribunal hearing grin grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
tkb417:

why not, ure ma paddy nau

meanwhile lets see your list

Don't have time for that now. I already dropped two names before. cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2010
tkb417:

lol; conveniently chauvinistic?
ure the chauvinist here cos my list only represents my sentiments

will i just add females just because i wanna balance the list? NO
ok, lets see urs and lets see how balanced it will be. Ok madam, your point is taken
lets see your list

Okay, sorry for attacking your list. Like you said, if e pain me too much, I go draw up my own!  wink  cheesy  cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2010
Ujujoan:

I wouldnt have complained if I didnt think the list could have been better arranged to accomodate some other people, irrespective of their gender! It's just so happened that the 'some people' are women and he conviniently ignored them! Actually, my objection had more to do with his obvious bias (being the man that he is). It's like he thinks the men are better than the women, even though that is clearly not the case!  undecided

Yours was a much better list!   undecided
chei!!!

do ur list oooooooooooooooooo
chei grin grin grin

Ujujoan:

Okay, sorry for attacking your list. Like you said, if e pain me too much, I go draw up my own! wink cheesy cheesy
thank God grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) / 35 Interesting Facts You Don't Know / Nairaland Slowness And Downtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.