Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,018 members, 7,845,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations (5721 Views)

The Nigeria I Handed Over To Buhari Was The Biggest Economy In Africa – jonathan / 'Nigeria ‘ll Be Africa’s Biggest Economy By 2023' / Go To Nigeria And Be Kidnapped - Nigeria Now Ranked The 6th Kidnapping Country. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by princekevo(m): 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2010
@poster
How much was your Ghana must share for this campaign?
If Nigeria is indeed the 33rd biggest economy in the world people like should be in the school for a proper education and not online insulting someone's father. Pls don't tell me you are educated.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
princekevo:

@poster
How much was your Ghana must share for this campaign?
If Nigeria is indeed the 33rd biggest economy in the world people like should be in the school for a proper education and not online insulting someone's father. Pls don't tell me you are educated.

Ouuucccchhhhhhhh . . . .easy now
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by asscend: 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2010
33rd Great, Whats the way forward?

Lets discuss how to move forward and not stay on all the negatives.

We are very good at talking, some even start fighting, Mr Poster and all who abuse others on threads, i pray you never get to Senate or house of Rep because  you will start boxing other reps for not agreeing with your views.

The key things we must demand from our Govt are; Electricity and good transportation links - by this i mean good roads, train links, water transport etc.

These are vital to opening up productivity as a nation.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by chelseabmw(m): 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
good news for us
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Fhemmmy: 6:45pm On Mar 16, 2010
chelseabmw:

good news for us

R u sure?
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by ziga: 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2010
Nigeria is the most violent country in the world - we complain
Nigeria is full of yahoo yahoo - we complain
Nigeria is full of terrorists - we complain
Nigeria is the happiest country in the world -we complain
Nigeria's economy is improving - we complain

I tire for us!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Fhemmmy: 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2010
ziga:

I tire for us!!!

What are we supposed to have done
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by ziga: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What are we supposed to have done

We should do what we are best at doing!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
ziga:

We should do what we are best at doing!!!
grin grin grin

complain grin
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by viewlekan: 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2010
[i]Interesting statistics. Did you notice that the number country was the European Union and then the second largest was united States. Lol, lots of countries in the European Union, when you separate all of them Naija will go back to 59th position hehe[/i]

This is besides the point of the thread but seriously whoever wrote the above comment needs to update their knowledge on basic ecnomics and it also encapsulates the attitude of most people that try to argue on the internet, they spout out nonsense as facts without carefully reading . The list clearly shows the eu in first position but also includes individual countries of the eu like the UK, Germany etc,
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2010
Na wa oh
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Tinyemeka(m): 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2010
It would have been more engaging and interesting if d comments posted were objective as those of Aragbesola, rather than making blanket statements that Nigeria is useless, bad e.t.c. Could be infuriating which may explain my guy's verbal attack of Beaf. One challenge I've noticed among some of us however, is the serious negative attitude being adopted by some of us here. What stops us from being happy with the fact that we've at least made some progress based on the ratings of ppl who always give bad news or create negative impressions about Nigeria and Nigerians. Quit grovelling in d mud whenever u have anything to say about Nigeria but always adopt that POSITIVE ATTITUDE and look on the brighter side of life. Nigeria is too big for u to confidently say u've experienced everything & found out that there is nothing good that can come out of Nigeria. Else why is it that we have the 2nd highest level of FDIs in SubSaharan Africa. Surely those foreign investors must have studied and confirmed that there was something to gain by coming to Nigeria. Let me tell u: ppl who always look on the downside in everything find it difficult to summon the motivation needed to set and achieve their objectives. They'd eventually turn out to be under-achievers. Be proud of where you come from and work towards upholding that pride. Never be ashamed of being a Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by alanbolo(m): 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
OvieE:

Can u guys stop saying Nigeria is 150 million. Two years Nigeria was 150M, last year 150M. So nobody have not have children since the last census. To me Nigeria is more that 200 million people.
    + birth - (natural, medical & sectarian deaths) = 0, therefore we're still 150m in a standstill    smiley
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by cold(m): 8:34pm On Mar 16, 2010
Truly Nigeria is fast catch up. 6000 megawatts must be attained before the expiration of this year. cheesy

Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by alanbolo(m): 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
U must be joking,  is this a competition of I get power pass you or what?   What happened to a single power source that can be shared by these tailors    
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by OvieE: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
cold:

Truly Nigeria is fast catch up. 6000 megawatts must be attained before the expiration of this year. cheesy

Add all those gens, they will get to 6000mgw but first, all those mallams will go deaf.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by xterra2(m): 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2010
Nevertheless this is good,
TO CRITICS,we are in 33rd with abysmal power failure,bad infrastructure(improving now-i swear),insecure nation,and such things we are still in 33rd and vision 20 20 20 can be achievable, Imagine if we had gotten the 6.000 megawatts more electricity and more industries which is higher GDP growth rate,more jobs(thousand or millions probably-direct or indirect),export to other countries(which will strengthen the naira) and so on if it is 10,000 MW by 2011 then i swear Nigeria don dey go wey it suppose to be this shows we can achieve more this is certainly a good news, we Nigeria are better than this
Imagine 33 at this period we are improving and remeber finance minister said a GDP target of 7% growth by the end of this year,
Just,if power is fixed before our 50th anniversary 6,000 MW or more by this time next year we will be in nothin less than 27,
Thumbs up
And yes Eco atlantic is being built,warri industrail park,lekki free trade zone and have u seen the new Mega city(lagos latel).government is building light rail(international standard)both state(lagos of course)and Federal, FG roads are being built simultaneously in the nation more than 30 @ my last count State government are also building infrastructure, Army are buying new equipments,navy too,air force too,navy even build vessels and ships for transport,DICON produces guns,grenades,missiles
Steel companies will start to produce thanx to jonthan in Q2 or latest in Q3 of this year,
Thumbs up, Hope afterall(though little?)
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by hackney(m): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2010
The poster said we are out-building the emirates.
Fastest growing building market .(so we don pass china?)

Hia!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by hannydarl(f): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2010
@Poster 33 out of howmany? Abeg no cause for gyration now maybe we will gyrate when we are rated the 2nd or 3rd even sef 1st biggest economy.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Profkenny1(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2010
truly our gdp is high but we're seeing no benefits, the money is not circulating at all, nevertheless I see a new Nigeria coming!
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by dustydee: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2010
good news for once, God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Eddeux(m): 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
and that is something to brag out?  undecided I don't see Nigeria cracking into the G20 by 2020 unless the country makes some needed reforms. Economic size doesn't mean a thing when it comes to daily living. For example, China is the world's 2nd largest economy (unofficially at the moment though) but her people are still poor when compared to other major economies, and although development is speeding up, China still isn't a developed country.

I think your country can brag when it successfully modernizes and increases the wealth of its people.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by mrkoma2012: 10:51pm On Mar 16, 2010
Whats there 2 celebrate in nigeria,lets b honest most nigerian live in poverty without any positive developments.The tales are endless;no light,poor roads.no rule of law it has always been the same and without the right people in government things will never change so forget all those graphs and statistics.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by TewMuch: 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2010
@ Poster,
Good job, this is a positive post. Please continue posting positive stuff on here, it really annoys the traitors because they dont want to believe anything good can come out of Nigeria, and that includes them. grin. Nigeria has promise, united. We will get through and we will be better for it. The citizens just need to act as one. You are a good Igbo, dont mind these other fools on here. They try to show that all Igbo's think like them.lol. grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by geminisoul: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2010
Well, I think it is a good thing for our dear country nigeia to be ranked 33rd in the world's argest economy, It might serve as a motivation for us to do better and be ranked much higher. Just my two cents.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Lamii: 1:09am On Mar 17, 2010
that list shows total GDP.
nigeria is a HUGE country so of course it is expected that our GDP is also large.

but if we calculate GDP per person (the real measure of economic success) then u will see nigeria at the bottom of the list. tongue

u will notice that it is really tiny countries that populate the list in the first post. countries like micronesia and all. but these countries are still richer than naija if u calculate GDP per person.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by latepa(m): 1:14am On Mar 17, 2010
dustydee:

good news for once, God bless Nigeria

God Bless Nigerian my Brother, no matter what is happening in this country.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by mamagee3(f): 1:50am On Mar 17, 2010
Whatever, Nigeria is in a desperate need of help.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by TippyTop(m): 2:02am On Mar 17, 2010
ARE THESE PEOPLE READING MY THOUGHTS?

graduating Engineers who don't mind get their hands dirty ,university graduates who can raise chicken,pig,fish,cut grass whatever that is.graduates who want to be employers instead of employees,

Biggest threat to Nigeria are Nigerians, hehehe!!

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by bawomolo(m): 2:25am On Mar 17, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/244264_6000_mw_jpg2534b585e045fd1cfc73893a23d85d26

goodness, funny and sad at the same time.

oh boy, that's some polluted air they are sniffing. i see high rates of cancer in the future.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Fhemmmy: 2:30am On Mar 17, 2010
^^^^ That is really some serious problem
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by abamieda: 3:20am On Mar 17, 2010
i agree with 'Beaf'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime Dies In India? / Nasarawa Gives N1m Cheque Each To Widows Of Slain Policemen / Former Governor Donald Duke Disgraces Jonathan For Not Developing South-South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.