Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Must A Girl Marry???? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Girl Marry???? (18750 Views)

I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / If As A Girl Ur Above 30 Not Yet Married Blame Urself / Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
wasi9ice:
Everybody with his/her own opinion sha,,as a Christian my bible tells me that women were created for men as companion to help him,,so any act from the woman to avoid that injection is an act of rebellion.

Oga read your Bible well, it says that not everyone is fit to be married. The reason why we have Reverend fathers and nuns who've sworn to stay unmarried

5 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
between the age of 13 and 30 the human perception changes about three times. if at the tail end of this phase whatever caught your fancy is best for you. however the most regret most old people tends to regrets is that they never put much effort in having agood family.

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Yuji: 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
First and foremost, there is nowhere in the Bible that says marriage is compulsory, I don't know about other religions. As an African,our tradition is always the problem. It has to be changed because change is constant. Whose business is it if a woman or man chooses to marry or not? Did they beg their parents to give birth to them? NO.
So why force them to enter a union they are scared of?? Not everyone would get married because not everyone wants to be in a forced union with the opposite sex. Some just want kids especially women. Hence the high rate of divorce. So which is better,not marrying at all and being a baby dad or mum or marrying and still end up a divorcee?? To me it is better not to waste your time and just do what suits you.

6 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Abbeycharles(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
Foolish people. Baby mamas in embryo. How do you expect them to wish to get married
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by sisisioge: 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
... but it gets lonely. You crave the kids. Legit sexx nko. A family gives one a sense of purpose and direction...a sense of belonging. Think about it, right now as a single babe, you think twice before being too reckless because you don't wanna hurt your loved ones. That's a good check. Ever seen a mother/wife whose world is filled with loving arms and eyes court the devil? Whew! I have a fantasy to ride a powerbike from Lagos to Abuja...na because I dey single grin

I think I wanna get married cos I don't like being that alone biko. I wanna share my world with a good person who would help me multiply, be my friend...my peace.

Besides, I'm tired of picking my bills alone...I want someone to share it with grin otherwise, meself for sod it and say... marriage isn't for all of us grin

6 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by wonlasewonimi: 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
Who wan marry the slengo like singer machine needle before?
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by smartg(m): 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
Foodforthought:
Why do u seek justification from others, do what u like cos its ur life. But remember to not make babies...u don't need them as well. Just enjoy ur freedom
I smell feminism though...
honestly dis one tire me oo. a woman dat does not want to marry but want to have kids. I don't see marriage as her problem, what I see here is fear of submission. she does not want to submit to any man at all, hence decided not to get marry.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by ObamaOsama: 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
what can of nonsense
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by free2ryhme: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
amakadihot87:
A girl like me who hates to throw away her freedom shouldnt be regarded as wayward......some of us were never meant to marry.....

You don't need to tell us what you want

Infact you can be your village juju priestess for all we care

3 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Skmoda360(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
amakadihot87:
...........very old
sexy woman....nice pp up there.
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Daeylar(f): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
pp802:

Its really not mandatory!

I don't know why we Africans see marriage as a must or an achievement? They feel that a lady or a man who is not interested in marriage is not responsible or shying away from responsibilities. They believe that marriage makes you responsible and complete.

The whites don't share this idea. The ideology they believe in about life is happiness. Just do the things that would make you happy and live longer life.

I really don't believe in marriage, but because of my mum and the society pressure, I'm thinking of getting married. Like you're living your life for family and society!

At times I just ask God why I'm not a white man or an American.
The thing taya me jare undecided

Say this again
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by olumidazz: 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2017
Omo ale after segun odegbami Don scatter your toto in your youth days
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by tete7000(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
NO! Good to marry but not compulsory. Many are into marriage who wish they have never got into it. To know God, to love and serve him is the end of man. Other things including marriage should be means to that end. If marriage won't take you closer to God, it doesn't worth it. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his soul.

5 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by lilmax(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
lol....so it means as a Christian she can only adopt to have children right? grin....

@op....just be wise, if you are not getting married, free your self from religion instead of going against it, stay away from it cool

no one will judge you when you are out of religion
the problem with most of you is you lack the ability to use your brain properly

you guys just make a thought a reality without thinking and end up in regret grin

you have a Brain, use it

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Talkwell: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
smartg:

honestly dis one tire me oo. a woman dat does not want to marry but want to have kids. I don't see marriage as her problem, what I see here is fear of submission. she does not want to submit to any man at all, hence decided not to get marry.

That's the whole idea of feminism

Marriage might destroy my life,no freedom for me.

So no need,I'll adopt hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by pennywys(m): 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
amakadihot87:
.....u r right ,but it does no harm to hear from strangers
tell the strangers to spare us their useless thoughts and save it to themselves
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Paulosky1900: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Marriage is a scam. Others see the scam and decide to enter it head on but the wise ones runaway. Op you don't have to get married, a domestic parternship is better.

who will cater for u when u are old...or u want ur lineage to close permanently with u?
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by MichaelBlake40: 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
pp802:
Its really not mandatory!

I don't know why we Africans see marriage as a must or an achievement? They feel that a lady or a man who is not interested in marriage is not responsible or shying away from responsibilities. They believe that marriage makes you responsible and complete.

The whites don't share this idea. The ideology they believe in about life is happiness. Just do the things that would make you happy and live longer life.

I really don't believe in marriage, but because of my mum and the society pressure, I'm thinking of getting married. Like you're living your life for family and society!

At times I just ask God why I'm not a white man or an American.
The thing taya me jare undecided
Why can't you “woman up" cheesy and refuse to marry until you're ready?
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Talkwell: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
wasi9ice:
Everybody with his/her own opinion sha,,as a Christian my bible tells me that women were created for men as companion to help him,,so any act from the woman to avoid that injection is an act of rebellion.

U just de quote Bible upside down,Paul way no marry nko

na rebellious somebody e b na? grin

4 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Talkwell: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
Paulosky1900:

who will cater for u when u are old...or u want ur lineage to close permanently with u?

U no fit adopt?
Kids 4 orphanage don finish

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by MichaelBlake40: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
sisisioge:
... but it gets lonely. You crave the kids. Legit sexx nko. A family gives one a sense of purpose and direction...a sense of belonging. Think about it, right as a single babe, you think twice before being too reckless because you don't wanna hurt your loved ones. That's a good check. Ever seen a mother/wife whose world is filled with loving arms and eyes court the devil? Whew! I have a fantasy to ride a powerbike from Lagos to Abuja...na because I dey single grin

I think I wanna get married cos I don't like being that alone biko. I wanna share my world with a good person who would help me multiply, be my friend...my peace.

Besides, I'm tired of picking my bills alone...I want someone to share it with grin otherwise, meself for sod it and say... marriage isn't for all of us grin
This gal u no well o cheesy u want human ATM machine abi
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Coldfeets: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
What a foolish question!

Now tell me, where on earth did you even see it stated that a girl must marry in the first place?

Who cares what you do with your freedom or not?

Truth is, in the eyes of mother nature, you are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things so don't ever think your being married or not will make any significant difference in the solar system.

Only two things in this life is a MUST:

Your being born.

Your death.

Every other thing in between falls into the domain of choice.

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by pryme(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
skarlett:

When you wan get sense this guy? sad

lol your dp,
you are kidding right?
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Foodforthought: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
smartg:

Exactly
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Ojuororun(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
anybdy wey don above 30 and still single should pls signify him/her self here i av a question 4u.gringringrin
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by tosyne2much(m): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2017
Foodforthought:
The problem is that many women are arrogant, self centred and proud. As such they cannot imagine submitting to a man or sharing life decisions with a man. That is why they refer to the so called 'freedom'
Many are scared of responsibility.
It also boils down to how u were brought up. If your home and childhood was a sweet one and ur parents enjoyed their marriage u will also like to make ur own family when u grow up. Fact is a lot of persons came from disfunctional homes and their thoughts have become warped around their dad physically abusing their mom and hence they begin to resent d thought of ever beingg in such a situation. Ignore all these people saying marriage is a scam... they are just trying to blame d society for not being able to handle marriage or for coming from a disfunctional home
I couldn't but shake my head in disdain when a lady commented and said she actually sat her mum down telling her she only wants to be a baby man and continue living as a single mother afterwards. That's the trashy lifestyle many of them want to be living and that's how they mislead many innocent girls undecided

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Daeylar(f): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
tintingz:
No, it's not a must.

# I'm pro-choice, everyone has the choice to make.

# A woman not getting marry doesn't make her a whóre or whatever many archaic people call them, they simply have reasons they prefer not to get married, many of them are in open relationship.

# Because a woman doesn't marry doesn't make her financially unstable or has no bright future, Oprah Winfrey is not married and she has archived alot.

# A woman who decide not to marry doesn't mean she will regret it, many people regrets getting married.

Unfortunately, here in Africa so many deluded archaic people descriminate unmarried women, they think women are nothing without getting married, this is the most fallacious and a deluded mentality.
Truth

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
Paulosky1900:

You can have kids without being married.
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by legacyint: 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
Be there

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Emekaflatt: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ishilove:

I own a drawerful

Awww! cute lil. gurlie

They all come with lube I guess? To lubricate the labia wella grin
Let's help your ministry.. we can link you up with guys. Guys that will wreck your pelvic floor without mercy
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by sisisioge: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

This gal u no well o cheesy u want human ATM machine abi

grin grin grin

I swearit, e don tire me to dey pay everything by myself jare.
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Paulosky1900: 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
Talkwell:

U no fit adopt?
Kids 4 orphanage don finish

it will never be the same with ur own flesh and blood...am nt surprise its only the youth are talking this shit...resemblance and ur character looking at ur own kid u wil see urself even if u are dead u are never gone ur part still lives...THINK BACK AND REMEMBER WHAT GOD PROMISED ABRAHAM..forget this f*uking western culture its damn rubbish...we have ours lets stick to it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. / I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.