Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Must A Girl Marry???? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Girl Marry???? (18811 Views)

I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / If As A Girl Ur Above 30 Not Yet Married Blame Urself / Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by bigfather(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2017
It's not COMPULSORY but NECESSARY!
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by coputa(m): 7:22am On Oct 28, 2017
Those women that don't want to get married are the loose type that has a predetermined mind to lead a wayward life that is devoid of control.Human is subject to checks and balances,especially women,because of the weak nature of the the opposite sex.Any woman that does not want to be submissive and under the controlled of a man is doomed.albeit in the African tradition where is regarded as a taboo.

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
its not us you have to convince, its your parents/family....thats the only one who care, the opinion of total strangers (about how you should live your life) doesnt matter!
Where have you been all thesr years MrBrownJay.. Just discovered this new moniker.. Been a while smiley
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by MarieSucre(f): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2017
Foodforthought:
Why do u seek justification from others, do what u like cos its ur life. But remember to not make babies...u don't need them as well. Just enjoy ur freedom
I smell feminism though...

Why shouldn't she make babies? Abi is it your womb she wants to born them with?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Consray(f): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2017
Yuji:
First and foremost, there is nowhere in the Bible that says marriage is compulsory, I don't know about other religions. As an African,our tradition is always the problem. It has to be changed because change is constant. Whose business is it if a woman or man chooses to marry or not? Did they beg their parents to give birth to them? NO.
So why force them to enter a union they are scared of?? Not everyone would get married because not everyone wants to be in a forced union with the opposite sex. Some just want kids especially women. Hence the high rate of divorce. So which is better,not marrying at all and being a baby dad or mum or marrying and still end up a divorcee?? To me it is better not to waste your time and just do what suits you.
You are really on point dear

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 8:01am On Oct 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
Two things are involved when a lady doesn't get married

It's either she continues sleeping around for sexual gratification or she continues to live like mama alaye
(sugar mamas)

Yeye ladies who don't want to marry but become baby mamas just because of the wreckless and wretched lifestyle they want to be living undecided

Stupidity is when you bring a child(ren) into this world without a responsible father

So men, that father children outside wedlock are wise?

Baba stop displaying stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2017
coputa:
Those women that don't want to get married are the loose type that has a predetermined mind to lead a wayward life that is devoid of control.Human is subject to checks and balances,especially women,because of the weak nature of the the opposite sex.Any woman that does not want to be submissive and under the controlled of a man is doomed.albeit in the African tradition where is regarded as a taboo.

Just listen to yourself.
How are women the weak type?
Man that is the strong type, aren't they more wayward?

FYI, there are more single mothers raising their children successfully.

Baba swerve

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 8:09am On Oct 28, 2017
free2ryhme:

And will you tell the adopted kid the truth about why you are single and unmarried?

I am certain you won't. And you will lie and dodge the question.

You will adopt a child and want that child to bring home a good spouse from a decent home complete with both parents that you have failed to consider for yourself, abi?

People like you God will allow to suffer in their old age cos your wickedness reeks to the high heavens

You denied yourself the life of marriage and you will want your adopted children to benefit from one and you want to reap where you didnot sow

Evil beings

You actually just showed your own expectations of your child.

So if your child is a grown man and decides not to marry, is it your business?

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 8:12am On Oct 28, 2017
ghostwritter:

and what make u so sure that 'OPRAH WINFREY' is happy and satisfied without a man?
God was not a fool when he created a woman from a man. Don't let fake western lifestyle fool u. Every woman needs a man and vice-visa.
God pls let me find my own wife...let her locate me as soon as possible.

So, Apostle Paul was not happy?

2 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 8:15am On Oct 28, 2017
ghostwritter:
I'm not Sorry to say this:
MOST OF OUR AFRICA LADIES IN THIS PRESENT GENERATION ARE GOING CRAZY AND ARE SO CONFUSED THAT EVEN THE GUYS ARE SCARED AND HOPELESS ABOUT THE FUTURE.
Only a real guy (not gay) will knw what i truly mean.

What about most of our men, that sleep around even while married?

They'll say that cheating is normal.

You don't know that it's things like this that make women refrain from tying the knot?

2 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by free2ryhme: 8:18am On Oct 28, 2017
Mofe72:

You actually just showed your own expectations of your child.

So if your child is a grown man and decides not to marry, is it your business?

it will be my business

if early humans decided not have children will you be here typing
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Foodforthought: 8:20am On Oct 28, 2017
MarieSucre:

Why shouldn't she make babies? Abi is it your womb she wants to born them with?
Man hater...be there encouraging sexual promiscuity. This is what civilization has done to our society.. .
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Foodforthought: 8:23am On Oct 28, 2017
free2ryhme:

it will be my business
Don't mind them...social media has made everyone a philosopher

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 8:24am On Oct 28, 2017
Marriage is a choice.
I don't see anything wrong with adoption either.

Once a woman says something like this, everyone starts shouting; "No servicing, olosho, slay mama, sugar mummy!"

But a man is perfectly capable of taking care of himself, right?

The irony of it all, is that, God created women to keep the men from being lonely.
So who is the weak one now?

She'll get married now, Baba will start cheating, if she leaves you'll still insult her.

Rubbish!

It's not a must jare.

You can make heaven without marriage.
Temptations will be there, but with the Holy Spirit you can overcome.

4 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2017
free2ryhme:

it will be my business
See your ambiguity. Is it every early human that decided to marry? Even the ones that married, Did they all have children? The ones that had children, Did the children survive?
Life is a choice.

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 8:30am On Oct 28, 2017
There is no where in the bible that say you must marry or you should not marry but as paul say if you can keep yourself as he is also doing there no need for you to get marry but in this our generation it can not be possible the choice is yours
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by wwwtortoise(m): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
Two things are involved when a lady doesn't get married

It's either she continues sleeping around for sexual gratification or she continues to live like mama alaye
(sugar mamas)

Stupidity is when you bring a child(ren) into this world without a man being responsible for it

You have a poor mindset. Try to work on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Daeylar(f): 8:38am On Oct 28, 2017
pp802:

I will say infinity times

You really need to so that these people can get it, they are even here on this thread, doing exactly what you described.
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2017
amakadihot87:
A girl like me who hates to throw away her freedom shouldnt be regarded as wayward......some of us were never meant to marry.....

Don't mind these hypocrites.
They're here shouting about promiscuity but are engaging in it.
Let anyone without sin cast his stone.

I have met a good number of 'promiscuous' married folks.

MARRIAGE IS A CHOICE

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by coputa(m): 9:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Mofe72:

Just listen to yourself.
How are women the weak type?
Man that is the strong type, aren't they more wayward?

FYI, there are more single mothers raising their children successfully.

Baba swerve
No single mother can raise up a child(ren) successfully without the man assisting ,her,morally,psychologically and otherwise.Look around and observe children that are raised by single (women)parents, they lacks the complete love discipline and morals that goes with proper upbringing of a child.

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 28, 2017
Funny enof! U will hardly see any guy or girl brought up in a proper home filled with love and respect for all wheda a wealthy one or not bin an anti-marriage advocate. They will succeed in breaking us and then expect uz to b heroz at d end of the day.
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2017
True.
queenfav:
Na so i been dey talk.. Now when i just dey remember those misyarnings when heartbreak cause ,i just dey laugh myself. When you have a good man who u can't imagine life without, who has your back, loves you in a way you can't even understand (like, bros wetin u see for my body sef?) nobody go tell you jare. The companionship marriage brings is a good thing, it's bad being lonely. We all need somebody to love.
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:27am On Oct 28, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I think that at a subliminal level, we all crave an intimate relationship, a connection of sorts with someone.
This does not necessarily have to be marriage. I think even the ones who claim to be desirous of freedom still long for this connection.
It is probably the reason why they often turn champions of anti-marriage discourse.
It is a way of masking their longing. They are in denial. A sad way to live.

Yea but you can get all the above mentioned without getting married ....just saying
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Ranchhoddas: 11:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Surrey2Bimshire:

Yea but you can get all the above mentioned without getting married ....just saying
I am sure I stated this in my post.
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:31am On Oct 28, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I am sure I stated this in my post.
Yup you did ..
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Mofe72: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2017
coputa:
No single mother can raise up a child(ren) successfully without the man assisting ,her,morally,psychologically and otherwise.Look around and observe children that are raised by single (women)parents, they lacks the complete love discipline and morals that goes with proper upbringing of a child.

And I say with God all things are possible.

So the widows raising their children are what?

The women whose husbands abandoned them to raise their children are what?

The ones who got pregnant through rape but raise their children are what?

Ben Carson and his brother were raised by their mum.

Stop putting this on women only.

How many single men can raise children?

4 Likes

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Ranchhoddas: 11:45am On Oct 28, 2017
Paulosky1900:

it will never be the same with ur own flesh and blood...am nt surprise its only the youth are talking this shit...resemblance and ur character looking at ur own kid u wil see urself even if u are dead u are never gone ur part still lives...THINK BACK AND REMEMBER WHAT GOD PROMISED ABRAHAM..forget this f*uking western culture its damn rubbish...we have ours lets stick to it
Why would you want to stick with the Abrahamic culture. Is it your culture?

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by tintingz(m): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2017
ghostwritter:

and what make u so sure that 'OPRAH WINFREY' is happy and satisfied without a man?
God was not a fool when he created a woman from a man. Don't let fake western lifestyle fool u. Every woman needs a man and vice-visa.
God pls let me find my own wife...let her locate me as soon as possible.
Oprah Winfrey is in open relationship with a man but not under the man by marriage, I can't speak on her happiness, all I know is she's living a good and comfortable life.

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by tintingz(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2017
okomogo:

Yes you have a point, no one should force anyone to get married. But the problem of the world today is the result of this freedom of expression and freedom to choose, so many parents abandoned thier responsibility of bringing up their children in the right way, so many kids grow up with either father or mother. This little lack have enormous psychological effect as the child will grow up to become either more masculine or feminine in everything. He feels that is normal because he never had a balanced parenthood. The woman was created for the man and vice versa that is while our reproductive organ is like the bow and socket. Be careful coz your write up might just lead more people astray.
You're assuming many things up, many children have been raised by single parents and heaven didn't fall. Yes there might be psychological effect on some but it is not always the case.
Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Marriage is a scam. Others see the scam and decide to enter it head on but the wise ones runaway. Op you don't have to get married, a domestic parternship is better.
Some marriages are sweet, while some are hell, if you go into the wrong one you are doomed, but if are blessed with the right one,,is like heaven on earth

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
tintingz:
No, it's not a must.

# I'm pro-choice, everyone has the choice to make.

# A woman not getting married doesn't make her a whóre or whatever many archaic people call them, they simply have reasons they prefer not to get married, many of them are in open relationship.

# Because a woman doesn't want to marry doesn't make her financially unstable or has no bright future, Oprah Winfrey is not married and she has archieved alot.

# A woman who decide not to marry doesn't mean she will regret it, many people regrets getting married.

Unfortunately, here in Africa so many deluded archaic people descriminate unmarried women, they think women are nothing without getting married, this is the most fallacious and a deluded mentality.
lie' even those unmarried wealthy women are still searching for a man they will call their own' even in overseas is the same' over there u will see a wealthy woman of 67 years old getting married again,,,a woman can't just do without a man,,no matter how she pretends to be fine' money is not every thing

1 Like

Re: Must A Girl Marry???? by tintingz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
FreeTraining:
lie' even those unmarried wealthy women are still searching for a man they will call their own' even in overseas is the same' over there u will see a wealthy woman of 67 years old getting married again,,,a woman can't just do without a man,,no matter how she pretends to be fine' money is not every thing
Have you heard of "open marriage/relationship"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore / How Often Does Your Spouse Provoke You? / Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.