Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe (49442 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Orubebe Visit Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / If Jonathan Did What Buhari Did In Osun, Oshiomhole Won’t Be A Former Governor / Nigeria Will Burn If I Am Re-Arrested - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by ipoblogic: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
heendrix:

nor vex i actually tot u were bashing that gentle man GEJ hope my apology is accepted? embarassed

Of course I bashed him.

Nigeria does not need gentlemen.
GEJ messed up and wasted his time trying to please northern Nigeria.

How did he end up?
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by blacknp(m): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
ipoblogic:

You guys don't know how the Islamists up northern Nigeria see you.

Pipeline or no pipeline, Buhari can decide to sink the old easter region

And if money becomes his problem, Saudi Arabia can supply
Pipelines that belong to the Federal Government,the State Governors have already given their consent for providing the land and are collecting their 13% steadily every month,Delta State collected 14.3 Billion Naira from statutory allocation in August,let the Federal and state Government catch the economic terrorists bombing the pipelines,bloody criminals.
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by ipoblogic: 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
slim75d:

Just like Nnamdi Kanu & Ojukwu they all lack balls, they ran when it mattered most.

When was it that mattered most?
Keep lying to yourself , its your birth right
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
Organizer111222:
It's really sad when i see Nigerian youths ranting each time someone is being called upon to give account of his or her stewardship during the period they were in power, the question on my mind is how do we move forward as a nation when we feel some people are above the law and we are talking about reducing corruption to a very large extent ... where does the rule of law come into play in this country it's not about GEJ alone ..its about everyone who under his or her tenure corruption was a norm... How do we stop our future leaders from enriching themselves once they come into power, if we don't use the our past and present leaders as scape goats. We claim to be practising democracy but we are not implementing everything that's comes with it here in Nigeria .. their is no country in the world that is not corrupt but the ones with a very low level of corruption have at one point or the other sentenced their corrupt leaders for misusing their offices while they were in power e.g former presidents of Peru, Brazil, South Korea to mention a few . The implication is that no one else in those country is immune to being jailed if found corrupt. Nigeria is a great country blessed with cursed leaders... until we all stand as a family irrespective of our geographical and ethnic differences support any government that is ready to break the stronghold of corruption with whatever means and action then we are not ready for the true change we all deserve.

Tell Buhari's to present Maina for arrest and and charge to court for conviction.

Buhari was the one in person ordered reinstatement and promotion of Maina, he didn't know that his corrupt presidential orders will backfired. Now he's forming unaware and in other hand protecting him with armed forces and DSS.

Reinstated of Maina is for public interest - AGF Abubakar Malami.

Who where are the APC and Buhari's getting their campaigns funds from?

Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
TippyTop:
Any attempt to probe Dr Jonathan without probing former presidents like Obasanjo would be disastrous.

Buhari is already fighting Biafra, lets see if he has the balls to join the Niger Delta in his unholy war.

I am against the physical invitation of Jonathan to any Court. He should be represented. Nobody should arrest him. This is a cheating to Niger Delta.

Having said this, it is very difficult to probe Obj. During Yaradua's era, Hon Ndidi Elumelu & some people brought up the inflated $18 billion spent on power probe. The conspiracy was hot as Obj had enemies who never understood the force behind him. In the process, many power plants projects already awarded by Obj were suspended by Yaradua for about 2yrs to paint the Plants & IPP bad. For over 2 yrs no new project or headway in power sector until GEJ returns back to continue the project. Meanwhile, Hon Ndidi Elumelu the House Committee Chairman who was probing Obj $18 billion power sector expenditure entered problem in the cause of the probe which landed him in jail until he was released. He was a contractor in the power sector.

Obj came to power when oil was less than $25 / barrel. He inherited $5.5 billion in foreign reserve with huge debt which was too ambiguous to settle. He negotiated for the clearance of this debt when oil was less than $60 / barrel. He left over $60 billion in foreign reserve & other offshore investment.

Another scenario, in 2008 oil rose to $118 / barrel. Oil later rose up till $140 / barrel until it fell drastically toward the end of GEJ. They didn't save kobo. Rather, they borrowed & spent part of the reserve obj left. They left about $30 billion out of the money Obj left in the reserve.

Any probe should follow logic on what Obj met & the situation of things & what he left.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by blacknp(m): 9:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
Jolar101:

Tell Buhari's to present Maina for arrest and and charge to court for conviction.

Buhari was the one in person ordered reinstatement and promotion of Maina, he didn't know that his corrupt presidential orders will backfired. Now he's forming unaware and in other hand protecting him with armed forces and DSS.

Reinstated of Maina is for public interest - AGF Abubakar Malami.

Who where are the APC and Buhari's getting their campaigns funds from?
The president can pardon and reinstate maina,it is Within his powers if he so chooses to, least you forget jona pardoned two convicted criminals Bode George and the other person an ex Governor may his soul rest in peace. So why are you making such a big deal over nothing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
ATIKUisCOOL:

This same line was used prior to 2015.
Same was said about PMB
Kid,do not allow position of others influence your judgement. Reflect and bring ATIKU on.
Go and return the money
It's okay to compare buhari and atiku because both aim to rip off Nigerians
Bring back your senses... Return the money
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by TippyTop(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
babaolofin:

I am against the physical invitation of Jonathan to any Court. He should be represented. Nobody should arrest him. This is a cheating to Niger Delta.

Having said this, it is very difficult to probe Obj. During Yaradua's era, Hon Ndidi Elumelu & some people brought up the inflated $18 billion spent on power probe. The conspiracy was hot as Obj had enemies who never understood the force behind him. In the process, many power plants projects already awarded by Obj were suspended by Yaradua for about 2yrs to paint the Plants & IPP bad. For over 2 yrs no new project or headway in power sector until GEJ returns back to continue the project. Meanwhile, Hon Ndidi Elumelu the House Committee Chairman who was probing Obj $18 billion power sector expenditure entered problem in the cause of the probe which landed him in jail until he was released. He was a contractor in the power sector.

Obj came to power when oil was less than $25 / barrel. He inherited $5.5 billion in foreign reserve with huge debt which was too ambiguous to settle. He negotiated for the clearance of this debt when oil was less than $60 / barrel. He left over $60 billion in foreign reserve & other offshore investment.

Another scenario, in 2008 oil rose to $118 / barrel. Oil later rose up till $140 / barrel until it fell drastically toward the end of GEJ. They didn't save kobo. Rather, they borrowed & spent part of the reserve obj left. They left about $30 billion out of the money Obj left in the reserve.

Any probe should follow logic on what Obj met & the situation of things & what he left.

Very good insight to what transpired during the OBJ years. That's however not enough reason not to probe him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by maisauki: 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
citizenY:

With the way he is going does Atiku have a political party? Or he wants to run as an independent candidate? APC no gi am, PDP primary already scattered with Lamido and others waiting in the corner.
he's only looking for where his ambition would be fufilled and it's typical of someone obssessed with power
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by vaca1: 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Nigeria will born by vandalizing oil facilities, just remember Operation Python Dance! I say no more.
operation python dance didn't succeed cos prominet igbos brought the python dance not to talk of when a whole region is in unison.
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
TippyTop:

Very good insight to what transpired during the OBJ years. That's however not enough reason not to probe him.

I have never said he should not be probed. They should go ahead. If you want to analyse what transpired in the Obj yrs, volume of books will be written. It is only Obj that can remove protection from his IG Tafa Balogun to be probed by EFCC & disgraced out of office. Chief Sunday Afolabi a PDP chieftain from South West was also removed as Minister of Internal Affairs & left to face prosecution, he died in the process. Mrs Bolaji Osomo was also removed as minister of housing on mere allegations. No Ibo man or Hausa man can do this.

Late Yaradua humiliated Prof (Mrs) Adenile Grange over =N=20 Million grant to both health committee of Senate & House of Reps when she was the Minister of Health. Other non Yoruba ministers that assisted National Assembly committees were protected.
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by PreshyP3509(m): 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Promismike:
Orubebe! Nothing will happened. So long as the housa/fulani owns the military, police and air force.

The highest thing you guys can do is to bomb oil pipes and wait to be appeased with token from the housa/fulani, from the proceeds from your own oil.

And if you guys go extra mile. The Hausa/fulani owned military, police and air force will hunt you down.

The greatest mistake you guys did was betraying the secession of biafra where you guys would have had a greater sense of belonging and influence.

I repeat! Nothing will happen.

What do u know about betrayal? are u sure u did history, cus I doubt. pls go back and ask ur elders that survived the civil wat really happened
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by GiantParrot(m): 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
blacknp:
Pipelines that belong to the Federal Government,the State Governors have already given their consent for providing the land and are collecting their 13% steadily every month,Delta State collected 14.3 Billion Naira from statutory allocation in August,let the Federal and state Government catch the economic terrorists bombing the pipelines,bloody criminals.

What of a situation where the criminals are too powerful for the government. True, the government has great potential for power. But the actual power they can wield is not as great. The person who comes to the negotiating table is the one who has more to lose in any power play. And is therefore the one with the inferior power. From Yaradua's amnesty to Osinbajo's tour of the Niger Delta and engagement with the leaders with the objective of fostering peace, the government basically admitted the activities of these criminals were beyond resolution through an expression of might.

This is so because true power lies in wealth. Whoever controls the wealth controls power. It takes wealth to maintain military strength. All military expeditions are expensive. Smart criminals/militants know this. That's why they'll try to maintain protracted guerilla warfare for as long as possible. When the Niger Delta is restive, the wealth that Nigeria can access for its functioning becomes limited. The attrition of wealth available to fund the military would over time cause chaos even within the military, and the government becomes scared. The longer the duration of warfare, the less wealth available to the government. This is why the government always comes to the negotiating table after the initial show of force. The situation would have been different had Nigeria leaders diversified the economy a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by jk1e(m): 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
citizenY:

Yes na nose bleeding you go get. Wash ya face and take panadol. kpele
on the contrary it is you that will have nose bleeding,is a promise,let pmb try any nonsense against gej
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by Mak4web(m): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
undecided
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by gare(f): 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Promismike:
Orubebe! Nothing will happened. So long as the housa/fulani owns the military, police and air force.

The highest thing you guys can do is to bomb oil pipes and wait to be appeased with token from the housa/fulani, from the proceeds from your own oil.

And if you guys go extra mile. The Hausa/fulani owned military, police and air force will hunt you down.

The greatest mistake you guys did was betraying the secession of biafra where you guys would have had a greater sense of belonging and influence.

I repeat! Nothing will happen.

You guys keep looking for where to tie this your failed Biafra struggle, allow the SS to carry their cross while you guys carry their cross, do you think they are spinless like you guys with your potopoto marine squad, please you guys should not carry your failed Biafra to the south south
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by gregyboy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
MRTEE01:
Nothing will happen.Arrest the bastard

lol...who be dis one
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by gemtlesoul123: 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
who is Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
blacknp:
The president can pardon and reinstate maina,it is Within his powers if he so chooses to, least you forget jona pardoned two convicted criminals Bode George and the other person an ex Governor may his soul rest in peace. So why are you making such a big deal over nothing.

That is a northern power drunk analysis. There are steps for prerogative of mercy power of a president under presidential system of government. President is not a judge & presidency is not judiciary. Before the president can use his prerogative of mercy executive power, judiciary must have finished their work. Maina should face the law first.

For the sake of people reading your posting, GEJ never released Bode George. Under Yaradua, Bode George was sentenced & he was in the prison serving his jail term until he was later freed by Supreme Court after the death of Yaradua. It was later found out that he never committed the offence for which he was jailed.
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by Built2last: 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
Harrynight:

Sir! i can quote not fewer than 5 posts of u b/w 2014/2015 about GEJ proving u didnt support nor vote him

Be my guest ND don't disappoint
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=KidsNEXTdoor post=61889870]
Go and return the money
It's okay to compare buhari and atiku because both aim to rip off Nigerians
Bring back your senses... Return the money [/quoteuse

Dude,use your brain,don't allow hearsays becloud your judgement
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by AnanseK(m): 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Where is Jega when you need him? Orubebe is having a relapse.

Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
tuniski:

Nobody made GEJ lose election beyond the ethno-religious gang up laced with desperation by Tinubu camp!

The ethnicity card was first played by the IJAW apologist like the likes of orubebe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by j1mmy: 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
The only people who make threats in Nigeria and sometimes follow through are Northerners.
Southerners are cowards, they never act on any threats.
GeJ lose election country will burn, army attack niger delta militants country will burn, fulani herdsmen enter South country will burn, tompolo hunted country will burn, iPOB attacked country will burn...Liars, nothing happened and nothing will happen!
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by brojoshua: 10:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
The corrupt and corruption are untouchable in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by tsdarkside(m): 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
cho25bc:
Orubebe at it again,lol.

Anyway,let me show u a way to make extra income in November.Check my signature to join my whatsapp group or send a whatsApp message to d number on my signature.

isnt it that we will not take it guy.....?...
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by blacknp(m): 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
YelloweWest:

Bros I'm from the ss. If we here would suffer imagine what will happen to the 88% already impoverished north...

Buhari is not that stupid
I am from the south south myself,we will suffer more,there are no investments in the Niger Delta all they do is wait for oil revenue money. Every month from the Federal Government which they use to pay salaries build roads and share the remainder. I must also mention after donkey years of living in the diaspora I was ashamed when I went back to the rain forest,

Democracy has made a few people extremely rich like ibori uduaghan ayiri okowa to name a few but society in general has been short changed.
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by Drogbs: 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
deomelo:
We heard the same thing from KWANU and ipob terrorist, but where is the clown today? grin grin
comparing apples and oranges here fam... Nnamdi Kanu isn't GEJ, they don't even belong in the same class, the latter is a public figure, ex-president and elite... NK was just a mere nobody(made popular by a recalcitrant regime) later turned activist who used rhetorics and a sizeable followership to draw attention, he wasn't even popular among the Igbo masses as his methods didn't appeal to many ... You really think the Igbos would have put their lives on the line for Kanu like they did for Ojukwu?
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
blacknp:
Let Buhari pardon his corrupt government officials constitutionally and officially.

We all aware that the so called suspended corrupt exposed SGF and NIA and others are still working in Buhari's government in unscene. Because all the reports against his corrupt officials had been summited to his desk. Is he keeping them to use for 2019 campaigns to start acting at last seconds?
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by tete7000(m): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
blacknp:
Ignorance is an identifiable disease a panel request and a High Court summon are 2 different things,the latter is mandatory by law while a panel request in voluntary.

Buhari did not ask for jonathan a Federal High Court summoned him because Oliseh Metuh asked for jonathan's help in his defense because he claims jona instructed the NSA to give him the 400 million Naira so why bring the President's name into it?

If anyone is ignorance here, it should be you not me. What stops a Buhari from attending Oputa panel summon if he doesn't consider himself above the system of the land? What stops him if he is really a man of sound moral judgement to do it if just for righteousness sake? What made him arrogantly defiled the government of the day, supporting boko haram, threatening to make country ungovernable and daring he be arrested? The same man lost election, made inflammatory statement that incited violence that led to the killing of innocent corpers while his own children gallivant all over the land. Ogbeni, if you don't know that Buhari doesn't have moral standing to order arrest of anyone then shut up and stay off my post. People like Buhari do not have integrity being attributed to him. Shikena! To ba dun e, o le f'ori lugi
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by nkemjacob2(m): 12:09am On Oct 30, 2017
Is it the Nigeria that is suppose burn wen Gej lost election?... This man should be careful
Re: Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe by YelloweWest: 1:28am On Oct 30, 2017
blacknp:
I am from the south south myself,we will suffer more,there are no investments in the Niger Delta all they do is wait for oil revenue money. Every month from the Federal Government which they use to pay salaries build roads and share the remainder. I must also mention after donkey years of living in the diaspora I was ashamed when I went back to the rain forest,

Democracy has made a few people extremely rich like ibori uduaghan ayiri okowa to name a few but society in general has been short changed.
Bros no worry ehh. Buhari won't try it! The implications are just too much.
Sure there has been mismanagement of our resources but we are nothing to be compared to the not when it comes to poverty.
They have absolutely nothing and will starve should the oil stop flowing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

“Nobody Can Be Nigeria's President Without Getting 25% In FCT”—Kadaria Ahmed / Graphic Photos Of Kidnappers Shot Dead By Security Operatives In Anambra State / We Will Not Tolerate Fulani Vigilante In Ondo - State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.