Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (48808 Views)

Best Federal University To Study Engineering / Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Engineering In Nigeria? / Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by amliftedhigher: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:
Apparently, most universities in Nigeria aren't worth the stress of aquiring a B.sc, B.tech or B.eng from. However, some of these schools have beamed rays of hope that maybe someday, we may compete favourably with the rest of the world as regards technology. These schools include:

1. University of Lagos

2. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife

3. University of Nigeria, Nnsuka

4. University of Ibadan, Ibadan

5. Covenant University, Ota

6. Federal University of Technology, Akure

7. University of Benin, Benin

8. Federal University of Technology, Owerri

9. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria

10. University of Ilorin, Ilorin

Feel free to object constructively.

What is the need of studying engineering in Nigerian universities when they will visit PTI to see practical machines after many years of theory. Why don't they get to PTI study your course graduate and get work? No wonder some employees prefer PTI ND to masters degree in order to get promotion

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by OmoDavido(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
finest0007:

So why was the lagoon the only thing your fish brain advertised initially

And I am here fooling myself thinking you have a brain.

zinc deficient nitwit!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
mgbadike81:
no university in Nigeria is worth studying computer science or information technology in it worth more of more resources demanding courses like engineering.

I think the future is brighter in some institutions that others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mgbadike81: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
bobjack:
Brother i am 100% with you. No school is fit to conduct any computer science program in Nigeria. Can you imagine lecturers writing codes on blackboards. Am so sick of this shit.
cool down and do whatever is necessary to collect the certificate, you're already better than most computer science students by realising what's wrong with your education.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.

I believe the prospect of engineering at Covenant University is encouraging and may take over in years to come due to proper funding and researches being carried out.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol what are you saying When any of those schools can top in just one research topic globally then they should come back here and brag. For your information Covenant is the number one University in Renewable energy(wind), Corrosion and Carbon steel in the world. Go ask Elsevier
What has your public universities got to offer?

TheVictorious pls don't mind them jare. I would give it to Covenant and Abuad most of these public Universities are just all about nonsense theories the rest na just name.

Of course I'm even shocked that ABUAD is not there. These guys must think that its all about the years that a school have been in existence. Years are nothing in the long rung, as the world is fast changing and people are fast coming up with new innovations in everything. That's why Harvard is fast dropping in the ranking. In fact, most of what is still making some old schools reckoned with in rankings is reputation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Walelavender(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
12inches1:
Lol. With their 19th century syllabus. It's when I finished my M. S in Engineering in U. S that I realized that studying engineering in Nigeria leaves much to be expected. And where are the industries to even employ the engineers. Many people who study engineering in Nigeria end up in the banks and corporate world nowadays because engineering don't pay well in Naija except oil and gas. Who engineering help. Even to build ordinary road or sky scrapper Na oyinbos dey do am. And they hoard knowledge die. Engineering is about experience and exposure so the oyinbos know to hoard their experience to stay relevant otherwise all the things they are doing an average smart Nigerian trained engineer can do it.
Let me disagree a bit with you. The fundamentals of engineering are hinged on principles.You begin to wonder why several Postgraduates students from this part of the world are doing well in UK/US Varsities.
If your knowledge is premised on what you are only taught in class and not by expanding your horizon by solving problems, then the ingenuity is lacking as a trained Engr.
I work with an indigenous Civil Engineering firm,and we have done several standard projects without the input of expatriates. I have many friends who are also doing well too. Pls,the industry is large enough to be exploited. Let's stop ridiculing the system.
#ProudlyNigerianEngineer

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
U mean engineering theories. I attended a technical college where University students come over for their industrial training. Most of them mumu die

Mushroom universities are all over but if u've met mumus among them, they are definitely not from the aforementioned institutions.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mgbadike81: 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

I think the future is brighter in some institutions that others.
not at all, how many computer science students actually writes their of project software even though the said projects areas too simplistic?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by trojan84(m): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
who test run am na. Michael Schumacher?
LOL. I meant I saw the lie
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

That covenant university boy? He would be here soon to convince everyone on how CU is the university to beat and how it would take over from MIT in 5 years from now. grin
Wouldn't you be happy if it did?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

That covenant university boy? He would be here soon to convince everyone on how CU is the university to beat and how it would take over from MIT in 5 years from now. grin

Lool who is that guy, the guy must know facts.

I wouldn't say much on that cos you exaggerated, but as far as Nigeria is concerned; Covenant is a school to beat. In fact, majority of you know this but its just hard to admit.

Let me add a quick one: Very soon it's only aa school of ABUAD that you would be able to mention when you're talking about CU in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
moscobabs:
Yabatech and Ibadan poly are better in Engineering than all these so called Universities

Jettison ignorance and embrace knowledge dear, go around and ask products of the two institutions who are privileged to attend universities the difference. U'd learnt a lot more by so doing.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
DopeBoss:
..Where's My School oo FUPREundecided?? First Petroleum University In Africa N' Sixth In The World

What is a FUPRE please?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
finest0007:

I'm actually aspiring to be in Unilag this month after my sojourn in UNIBEN but if this is all that you can praise Unilag for; a bloody lagoon then I won't even apply to Unilag, if I didn't know better

Lool, you can see how our young people adjudge university in Nigeria. Especially those of them that come here to rant oba awon university. They don't know how myopic they are.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by finest0007(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
OmoDavido:

And I am here fooling myself thinking you have a brain.

zinc deficient nitwit!

I hope you feel good about yourself now. cool
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by ebube4im(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
Everybody has right to their opinion, but the truth remains, It s when the graduates from those schools get to the job market that we can determine which school is really among the top
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
Shaw007:
all of these schools are useless.
List the useful schools in your country.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
Cyberrex:
and yet[b] futminna has the best chemical engineering department in west Africa[/b]

linus op

By what rating, standard or criteria sir. Any proof of where you got them compared with every other university in West Africa?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
Temilistic22:
Who made that stupid ranking?
Why is UI, the first and the best, on no 4 instead of no 1
Smh

Nothing spectacular has been experienced from the faculty of engineering, university of Ibadan. U may list some to clear my doubt.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by finest0007(m): 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Lool, you can see how our young people adjudge university in Nigeria. Especially those of them that come here to rant oba awon university. They don't know how myopic they are.

Its baffling sometimes. And majority of them are in the system & should know how it works, how undeveloped most of our unis are. Been in UNIBEN for long enough to tell any aspirant of its pros and cons, definitely won't use something so negligible like a lagoon to justify how awesome my school is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
bro I am an engineering graduate as well after going through auto repairs and working on steam engines for power generation I came to realize that most engineering graduates are really missing a lot
If you went to university you would know practical is not important anyone can be train to do that
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
OLUWOLEYINKA:
Your list is wrong. Where is federal university of technology Minna, federal university of technology yola, federal university of technology owerri.....

They shouldn't be on the list because they are technology schools, that would be an unfair assessment of the quantity of the faculty in every school.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
directonpc:
Benue state university
Say watin oga?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Chukazu: 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
XXLDICK:
Add Unizik (Nnamdi Azikiwe University)

Their engineering department made a bus, a bike, an F1 race car among many other things

F1 race car which LUIS HAMILTON used to win his 4th championship?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Shaw007(m): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

List the useful schools in your country.
There are no useful schools in this country, all of them are the same, with corrupt systems that don't work, and designed to waste your time
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by emmyN(m): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
I rep UNIBEN
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by salford1: 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
U mean engineering theories. I attended a technical college where University students come over for their industrial training. Most of them mumu die
Engineers are more of brain work than handson. I guess you are the mumu in this case.

All these nairaland list sef.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
OmoDavido:

Baba shift lemme see road.

If you want to really learn engineering come to Unilag. And have you heard about "Prof Mowete" ... no? Please google search that name to see for yourself.!

I just browsed about the man; saw his innovation on news publications but can't find his profile on Unilag website or on google scholar, or anywhere. Very low researchgate citation score; "a promising academic that will do better in a better learning enviroment".

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pridestorm:
You Forget About MAUTECH
What's this please?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

I don't know how many universities webometric or 4ICU visit before making their lists of over 10, 000 institutions. When you find out, do let me know.

But bro, these databases give elaborate description of their ranking parameters, inclusion and exclusion criteria and even shortcoming of their methodologies
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by muller101(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
salford1:

Engineers are more of brain work than handson. I guess you are the mumu in this case.

All these nairaland list sef.
no wonder the country is like this. Most of them can't get hired by engineering firms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

21 Most Commonly Confused Words In English Language. / Female Student's Love Letter To A Corper (photo) / Fresh Graduate Of Yabatech Dies After Being Stabbed During Signing Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.