Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4434844 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust:

PROVE IT !

Been proved.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
patches689:

Private Game reserve

No ! Kruger Park ! South African government owned reserve land !

American soldiers arrived and are HELPING the failed SANDF 'Bush War Experienced Soldiers In Their Own Homeland Bush'.

"The world renowned Greater Kruger area of South Africa, just north of Johannesburg, is the new ground zero in a war to protect magnificent creatures on the edge of extinction. Rhinoceroses are being hunted to death by poachers who will stop at nothing to kill them just to take their horns. The death toll is astonishing; each year, nearly 700 rhinos are killed with baby rhinos and calves separated from their mothers and left to fend on their own. The human toll too is steep. More than 100 park rangers have been killed by these poachers in the battle to halt these criminals. The situation is worsening. Park rangers and security forces are desperate for help. And now four U.S. Special Forces veterans have come to help fight for the rhinos.

Four current and former members of the U.S. Special Ops (Navy SEALs and a Green Beret) have been recruited and brought in to help the South African security forces. "

http://press.discovery.com/us/apl/press-releases/2013/us-special-forces-are-south-africas-latest-we-2278/

PHOTO : AMERICAN SOLDIERS IN SOUTH AFRICA TO SAVE SANDF AND THE SOUTHIE NATION FROM BUSHMEN HUNTERS

tongue shocked grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
patches689:

Been proved.

No ! Show proof.

Or I too will say Nigeria has countless numbers of AGL and MGL

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust:

American soldiers arrived and are HELPING the failed SANDF 'Bush War Experienced Soldiers In Their Own Homeland Bush'.

"The world renowned Greater Kruger area of South Africa, just north of Johannesburg, is the new ground zero in a war to protect magnificent creatures on the edge of extinction. Rhinoceroses are being hunted to death by poachers who will stop at nothing to kill them just to take their horns. The death toll is astonishing; each year, nearly 700 rhinos are killed with baby rhinos and calves separated from their mothers and left to fend on their own. The human toll too is steep. More than 100 park rangers have been killed by these poachers in the battle to halt these criminals. The situation is worsening. Park rangers and security forces are desperate for help. And now four U.S. Special Forces veterans have come to help fight for the rhinos.

Four current and former members of the U.S. Special Ops (Navy SEALs and a Green Beret) have been recruited and brought in to help the South African security forces. "

http://press.discovery.com/us/apl/press-releases/2013/us-special-forces-are-south-africas-latest-we-2278/

"The greater area of Kruger Park"

Not Kruger park, and its not "just north of johannesburg". So well done, you have narrowed the area down to every park between Johannesburg and the border.

There are dozens of game reserves the border Kruger park alone.

And I have seen the first few episodes of the show. They are on a private park.

They are retired.

They are working for a private company

And they do jacksh1t.

True desperation on your part.

Maybe find a more descriptive article and not a puff piece advertising the show.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust:

No ! Show proof.

Or I too will say Nigeria has countless numbers of AGL and MGL

Proof has been shown, over and over.

Stop wasting my time.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
A real APU unit in training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3229iO4Nk

The irony is that they are probably better trained, led and motivated than 90% of Nigerian soldiers

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
andrewza:

MGL is secstion level. 27 secstions mean 27 MGLs per battlion in adstion there are 27 pat mortas though they controledd by the platoon comanda. The battlion has 4 AGLs.

The NTW20 is used only by SF. There is not even a accurent figuer on how many operators there are.

For the AGL and pat morta

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-6553/

The MGL is based on what I know. Though from pics you can see it is the case. All so the rifleman may carry a rifel grenade.
Some unit within the army uses the NTW-20.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
patches689: A real APU unit in training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3229iO4Nk

The irony is that they are probably better trained, led and motivated than 90% of Nigerian soldiers

Those American commandoes are better trained, led and motivated than 100% of South African soldiers.

It's you they are fighting to save, NOT Nigeria, we don't need American guns on our land like Johannesburg tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust:

PROVE IT !
The Y3 AGL,The Y2 MGL and MGL-140 in the SANDF are better than all your AGLs and MGLs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
patches689:

I was thinking "lending" until we decide on what direction to take with light, medium and heavy lift

But ja, I read a comment Mr Heitman made on defence web RE: Il-75s... he knocked the christ out of the thing. I dont think I will ever be able to look at one in the same way..
Lending something as an interim solution might end being a long term one in the military,cause of funding and politics. LOL I hate Russian equipment too. The Algerians were sold MIG-29s,made from old jets parts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
patches689:

One photo of questionable authenticity does not equate to large scale introduction and use.

Same applies to SANDF photos of AGL and MGL....the true weapon numbers are questionable

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
MikeZA: The Y3 AGL,The Y2 MGL and MGL-140 in the SANDF are better than all your AGLs and MGLs.

Prove it by comparing battlefield combat results in the last few years

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
MikeZA: I don't see you answering my question: How many soldiers are in Kruger?

There are 50,000 SANDF inside South Africa, that is your real strength, and it failed...American soldiers called in to rescue Southies !

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust:

Prove it by comparing battlefield combat results in the last few years
. Better,Technology,training and proven design!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The F-22 will kill a MIG-21 which saw a lot of combat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
patches689:

Proof has been shown, over and over.

Stop wasting my time.

Show proof and stop lying all over the place.

Meanwhile in Nigeria, AGL mounted on N.A cobra.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust:

Same applies to SANDF photos of AGL and MGL....the true weapon numbers are questionable

They have only a handful. Very poor numbers, I can affirm.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust:

There are 50,000 SANDF inside South Africa, that is your real strength, and it failed...American soldiers called in to rescue Southies !
Answer my question: How many soldiers are deployed in Kruger? And that's not the SANDF strength.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
Henry120:

BETTER and SUPERIOR!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Henry120:

Show proof and stop lying all over the place.

Meanwhile in Nigeria, AGL mounted on N.A cobra.
Inferior!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Henry120:

The SANDF has a lot of rifle grenades,MGL,DMRs and AGLs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
Patches689, Andrweza and Mikeza, you guys had to beg U.S navy commandos to help you deal with common poachers, WOW.

You even allowed foreigners bear Automatic weapons on your lands, shameless.

What about your limousine Airforce?

Your retirement home army? This is pathetic, a new record for an all new low for you guys. gringringrin

As for Mikeza, he just keeps lowering his very low standards like a pilotless train.

LOL gringringrin

I'll catch up with you guys later, and respond to the lies the south-africans continue to tell to themselves on this platform.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
MikeZA: Inferior!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dude, stop doing this to yourself. Your standards have reached breaking point.

It just cannot go any lower.
gringringrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2014

[size=16pt]Nigeria receiving 12 New 4th Generation Jet Fighters This Week [/size]

....As Nigerian army gets New Generation Modernized Shilka AAA Guns for Ground battle against Bokos Toyota TechnicalS AAA

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/14864-b-haram-fg-acquires-12-fighter-jets-sect-kills-14-in-borno-jonathan-african-leaders-in-kenya-over-terrorism-allegations-against-ihejirika-absurd-fani-kayode

We await details of this breaking News

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Henry120:

Dude, stop doing this to yourself. Your standards have reached breaking point.

It just cannot go any lower.
gringringrin

Inferior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. What do Nigerians know about standards?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust: .

[size=16pt]Nigeria receiving 12 New 4th Generation Jet Fighters This Week [/size]

....As Nigerian army gets New Generation Shilka AAA Guns for Ground battle against Bokos Toyota TechnicalS AAA

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/14864-b-haram-fg-acquires-12-fighter-jets-sect-kills-14-in-borno-jonathan-african-leaders-in-kenya-over-terrorism-allegations-against-ihejirika-absurd-fani-kayode

We await details of this breaking News

"Modern equipment like the Shilka"? WTF. Lmaooooooo!!! Reminder: The Gripen is an advanced 4th generation jet.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
agaugust:

PHOTO : AMERICAN SOLDIERS IN SOUTH AFRICA TO SAVE SANDF AND THE SOUTHIE NATION FROM BUSHMEN HUNTERS

THE ONLY AMERICANS WHICH LANDED IN AFRICA TO SAVE ANY NATION WERE THOSE OF #BringBackOurGils CAMPAIGN. THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Henry120: Patches689, Andrweza and Mikeza, you guys had to beg U.S navy commandos to help you deal with common poachers, WOW.

You even allowed foreigners bear Automatic weapons on your lands, shameless.

What about your limousine Airforce?

Your retirement home army? This is pathetic, a new record for an all new low for you guys. gringringrin

As for Mikeza, he just keeps lowering his very low standards like a pilotless train.

LOL gringringrin

I'll catch up with you guys later, and respond to the lies the south-africans continue to tell to themselves on this platform.

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WENT ON TO THE US TO BEG OBAMA ON THEIR KNEES ARE WELL KNOWN.

http://www.zambianwitness.com/2014/05/05/nigerian-president-cries-america-help-fight-boko-haram/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2014/05/nigerias-president-asked-for-us-aid-against-boko-haram-last-fall/

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Msauza:

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WENT ON TO THE US TO BEG OBAMA ON THEIR KNEES ARE WELL KNOWN.

http://www.zambianwitness.com/2014/05/05/nigerian-president-cries-america-help-fight-boko-haram/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2014/05/nigerias-president-asked-for-us-aid-against-boko-haram-last-fall/

Nope ! Envy induced Southern Africa propaganda from envious smaller weaker black nations against Nigeria as usual.

No American gun in Nigeria !

http://allafrica.com/stories/201407150068.html

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/05/12/no-us-troops-aid-nigeria-search

All I see are American soldiers invading and mentally re-colonizing South Africa back to square one grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
MikeZA:

"Modern equipment like the Shilka"? WTF. Lmaooooooo!!!

No, village man, there are year 2000 new generation modernized Shilkas with digital computerized systems, all in service with NATO forces and Russian allies.

They are called Shilka Donets, and Shilka Bialas, you are not informed to that level, sorry o ! Mugu grin

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail-page-2.asp?armor_id=14

(1) (2) (3) ... (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.