Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,347 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:16 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4527982 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
GreenandGold:

Who needs MTN? you do otherwise your pathetic 419 economy wouldn't have a representative in the prestigious Africa's Top 30 Companies.

As for deporting South Africans in Nigeria, your country will go back to the stone ages - you're useless without South Africa.

I live in a 510 billion dollar economy, where only 33% of the population live below the poverty line. That is what is important.

MTN can be nationalised at any moment, all zuma can do is cry to the U.N. The hundreds of thousands of south-africans living in nigeria know where the money is. They are also very insignificant in nigeria. South-africa is extremely useless without the funds from nigeria. We own and run you.

Let this diplomatic row escalate and watch the nigerian government tear Zuma and his illiterate cabinet to bits and pieces.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
dragon2: @agaugust
It seems as though T-72's are on the way together with MLRS(BM-27&30) and Shilka's,not yet official though.Check the usual.

Yes my boss, thank you. I saw it 'on the other side' ....sweet news. We are gonna use Boko to make war history, fasted defeat of Islamic insurgency in the Guinness Book of war records !

We are expecting official confirmation of the 90km rocket artillery range that will wipe out all SANDF 39km G-6 Rhino fat cows grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Henry120:

You only got 10 half-french helicopters for a 471, 359 sq land mass. Fact. Pathetic limousine airforce.

It is 3 times worse than that oga, South African land mass is about 1.2 million sq km and protected by a pitiable 10 units of Roiivalks grin

Also, all South African Gripen jets have ONLY one single missile each. Guinness Book Of World Records missile shortage grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Meanwhile in Nigeria

Strides Energy Acquires Built-In-Nigeria Pipelay Barge

Quote:
THE Nigerian content vision of the Federal Government to transform the oil and gas industry into the economic engine of Nigeria has received a major boost, with the completion of a newly built 1000T pipelay barge “STRIDES III TOCHI”, owned by Port Harcourt-based Strides Energy and Maritime Limited.

The Laybarge, built 100 per cent in-country, would be commissioned on Thursday, September 25, 2014 at the Marlin Yard/Jetty (Former Horchi), Opposite Abuloma Jetty, Abuloma, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

According to the management of the company, this is in pursuit of the Nigerian Content Vision, to transform the oil and gas industry into the economic engine for job creation and national growth by developing in-country capacity and indigenous capabilities.

“We share the Nigerian content vision and objectives of the Federal government fully, that is why in our usual nature of surpassing expectations we built our latest Pipelay barge in-country. Through the commissioning of this facility, we are adding to the local spend and job creation.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/busin...-pipelay-barge

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
agaugust:

It is 3 times worse than that oga, South African land mass is about 1.2 million sq km and protected by a pitiable 10 units of Roiivalks grin

Also, all SAAF Gripen jets have ONLY one single missiles each. Guiness Book Of World Records missile shortage grin

gringringringringrin gringrin LMFAO.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
GreenandGold:

You mean you served your colonial masters well in Burma? .. faithful niggas, you will get bananas for that.

South Africans blacks and coloured people were faithful Dog Meat for the Boer White-Man's guard dogs to eat.

[img]http://radiofreethinker.files./2012/07/baha-apartheid-signage.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
GreenandGold:

Do you know what a Data Link is? You're probably confusing it with an email link to a 419 phishing site. We can kindly explain what it is.

South Africa has NEVER used data-link for us to see, the only functioning data-link we see is that of Nigerian navy and air force communication and passing real time information leading to the locating and capture of pirate hijacked European ship right inside Angolan waters in your own SADC region of influence

Your SANDF data-link is dead if it ever existed at all.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Henry120:

South-Africa has no Data link.

its been proved multiple times

consult the archives
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Henry120:

Which are you, a thieving white-pig or a miserable yes massa, cowardly black south-african. You seem so butt-blasted.

Well, we know that you are a degenerate bigot

Glad to see our multi-cultural freedom gets you soo buttblasted
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
agaugust:

Also, all South African Gripen jets have ONLY one single missile each. Guinness Book Of World Records missile shortage grin

Refer to my post about the use of Gripen and superior SANDF air-mobility

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
agaugust:

South Africa has NEVER used data-link for us to see, the only functioning data-link we see is that of Nigerian navy and air force communication and passing real time information leading to the locating and capture of pirate hijacked European ship right inside Angolan waters in your own SADC region of influence

Your SANDF data-link is dead if it ever existed at all.

1. Nigeria has no data-link
2. The vessel was captured IN NIGERIAN WATERS

The existance of LinkZA has been proven with

- the use of LinkZA to allow Hawks to use Radar (despite having no on-board radar)
- artillery to shoot moving targets
- intergartion of a BLUEFOR tracker

its pityfull that you would even try to dispute the facts

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Henry120: Meanwhile in Nigeria

Strides Energy Acquires Built-In-Nigeria Pipelay Barge

Quote:
THE Nigerian content vision of the Federal Government to transform the oil and gas industry into the economic engine of Nigeria has received a major boost, with the completion of a newly built 1000T pipelay barge “STRIDES III TOCHI”, owned by Port Harcourt-based Strides Energy and Maritime Limited.

The Laybarge, built 100 per cent in-country, would be commissioned on Thursday, September 25, 2014 at the Marlin Yard/Jetty (Former Horchi), Opposite Abuloma Jetty, Abuloma, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

According to the management of the company, this is in pursuit of the Nigerian Content Vision, to transform the oil and gas industry into the economic engine for job creation and national growth by developing in-country capacity and indigenous capabilities.

“We share the Nigerian content vision and objectives of the Federal government fully, that is why in our usual nature of surpassing expectations we built our latest Pipelay barge in-country. Through the commissioning of this facility, we are adding to the local spend and job creation.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/busin...-pipelay-barge

cute barge

Meanwhile in South Africa

Medupi Power Plant

- biggest in its class in the world
- Output of 4 800 MW.
- Nigeria's total power output: 3,563mw

lolzy lolzy lol

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
GreenandGold:

Like South Africa? Lets see;

Military

- We fought the Germans (twice)
- We fought the Italians
- We fought the Koreans
- We fought the Cubans

Which of the above have you fought? The SANDF can take Abuja with less resistance, you would have fled to your neighbors.

Nigerian army fought with tens of thousands of soldiers in world war I and world war II, we fought against Germany and Japan.

World war I and II South Africa did NOT fight alone, I posted your men mixed with British and Americans leading you in those wars.

About 90% of American combat aircraft gifted to South African air force were s.hot down by North Koreans, SAAF has very poor record of dying like flies anywhere they face enemy anti-aircraft guns.

Cuba almost defeated South Africa in Bush war and your country had to run to peace negotiation table to avoid further disgrace.

The war history of South Africa's past is as bad as it's present Seleka war record grin grin

Please stop posting ancient war history of dead South African men that CANNOT wake up and fight today !

#ShowUs War SANDF IsFighting AloneToday 2014 tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
GreenandGold:

Cocktail buying as usual, 20 of this, 11 of that then 9 of something else..

The Nigerian Army doesn't need tanks for it current threat, but anyway whom am I telling? No one in Nigeria seems to listen.

The cocktail buying I know is of South Africa with ONE SINGLE MISSILE ONLY for each Gripen jet shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
agaugust:

Nigerian army fought with tens of thousands of soldiers in world war I and world war II, we fought against Germany and Japan.

World war I and II South Africa did NOT fight alone, I posted your men mixed with British and Americans leading you in those wars.

About 90% of American combat aircraft gifted to South African air force were s.hot down by North Koreans, SAAF has very poor record of dying like flies anywhere they face enemy anti-aircraft guns.

Cuba almost defeated South Africa in Bush war and your country had to run to peace negotiation table to avoid further disgrace.

The war history of South Africa's past is as bad as it's present Seleka war record grin grin

Please stop posting ancient war history of dead South African men that CANNOT wake up and fight today !

#ShowUs War SANDF IsFighting AloneToday 2014 tongue tongue

Compared to hundreds of thousands of South Africans who actually fought

Digging holes and carrying gear for white english soldiers is not fighting

How is this relevant?

1. Citation needed
2. Presidential Unit Citations from America and Korea say otherwise - they respect our mad skills
3. Nigeria has never flown missions against an enemy aircraft

Strange, we never lost a battle, never lost an inch of our land to enemy action, and the Cubans bowed down to our demands.

Sounds like victory to me cool

The war history of South Africa's past is as bad as it's present Seleka war record

As apposed to Nigeria who have never actually won a war, aside from a CIVIL WAR against the WEAK and poorly equipped Biafra.

Its combat experience.

The lessons learnt in each war are handed down from generation of soldier to the next. Which is why we spend so much money on training.

#ShowUsYearlyNigerianBrigadeExercises

Also, plenty of Vetrans of the Border war still in service (picture 3)

#ShowUs War SANDF IsFighting AloneToday 2014

#ShowUsWarTheUSArmyIsFightingAloneToday2014
#ShowUsWarTheBritishIsFightingAloneToday2014
#MeaninglessDemands

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
agaugust:

The cocktail buying I know is of South Africa with ONE SINGLE MISSILE ONLY for each Gripen jet shocked shocked

More than enough to shoot down your 3 Operational J-7's

#WorldClassJetShortage

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
Patchesagain:

Well, we know that you are a degenerate bigot

Glad to see our multi-cultural freedom gets you soo buttblasted

And you are a confused black boy.

I hold nothing against your HIV infested homeland. However, if anyone wants to get down dirty, I'm very much obliged to get down and dish out the pounds.

It ain't freedom when 90% of the economy is run by 7% of the minority population.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
Patchesagain:

consult the archives

No, nothing has been proved. It doesn't exist. The only evidence of Data links we've seen comes from the NAF and NN. Both in photos and in real life operations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Patchesagain:

consult the archives

Consult the archives? grin grin grin Interesting retort from you! Can't stop laughing at this.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
DEFENCE HQ NIGERIA @DefenceInfoNG2h
FLASH: As the heat on terrorists continues, 5 terrorists yesterday surrendered with all their weapons to troops @#Konduga pleading for mercy
View details

DEFENCE HQ NIGERIA @DefenceInfoNG2h
..Other captured terrorists have also been giving useful information on the subsequent plans of the group in an apparent offer to cooperate

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Henry120:

And you are a confused black boy.

I hold nothing against your HIV infested homeland. However, if anyone wants to get down dirty, I'm very much obliged to get down and dish out the pounds.

It ain't freedom when 90% of the economy is run by 7% of the minority population.

- runs out of argument
- starts on about racism

Stay off topic bro
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
Henry120:

No, nothing has been proved. It doesn't exist. The only evidence of Data links we've seen comes from the NAF and NN. Both in photos and in real life operations.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6184:zz&catid=79:fact-files&Itemid=159

http://www.reutechcomms.com/linkza/

You were saying?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
The NA welcomed as liberators of the Konduga community. We know where we stand with our people that we fight to protect from BH terrorists and their South African sympathisers.

#VictoryForNigeria

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Henry120:

These are old orders. We've also been receiving these T-84 OPLOT -M MBT's from ukraine for a while now. We just haven't mentioned it because we wanted to have concrete proof with it.

Now run along, go hit your head on the wall.

show the proof, just because thre is a pic of ONE tank that looks like some tank does not mean it is in servers. You Nigerians are for ever claiming you bought this and that yet when we see what your solders use in battle, we see none of it. You claimed T72s with zero proof and now you claiming to buy tanks from Ukraine a country in a full blown civil war as enough spare new production tanks to sell? Once again I need proof.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
agaugust:

Nope, we received a mixed squadron of Su-30 Flankers and JF-17 Thunder jet about 20 days ago, remember this photo from iayear 2012 ?

Nigeria is NOT rushing, many of these weapons you see are 2012 to 2013 orders arriving in 2014.

Nigeria now has a more modern army and air force than South Africa....Your 1990s SANDF equipment are old.

Go jump into river Zambezi with a 50 kg bag on cement hanging on your neck if you don't like how Nigeria is rising with giant steps tongue tongue

Show proof that that is what you getting. It said you getting new jets does not say what. And it says getting not has. The exact words where they where approved.

Really we not modern yet we have a 4.5gen fighter, Data link, subs, EW, should I go on o how about a tank with a hunter killer mode.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
GreenandGold:

Cocktail buying as usual, 20 of this, 11 of that then 9 of something else..

The Nigerian Army doesn't need tanks for it current threat, but anyway whom am I telling? No one in Nigeria seems to listen.

Wrong, Canada was about to get rid of the LEO1s because they where only doing coin work. Astan showed them tanks are exalent for coin work. Now the went from scraping tanks to buying LEO2s. Tanks are good at killing people to.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
Henry120:

You perfectly described south-africa. After all, you only got 10 paltry half-french helicopters for your limousine airforce.

When Nigeria buys, you know, we buy.

Nigeria recently ordered 40 attack and transport helicopters.

"DAILY POST
25 July, 2014

In a determined effort to eliminate terrorism by routing insurgents from their hideouts in parts of the North East and North West once and for all, the Federal Government has placed purchase orders for 40 helicopters for attack and transportation from the United States and Russia, DailyPost can report.

Reliable security sources confided in PRNigeria that some of the helicopters will arrive the country as early as next month, while the remaining will be received certainly before the end of the year to boost the Nigerian Airforce."

We only need about 24 or 2 squdrons, we have half our needs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
andrewza:

We only need about 24 or 2 squdrons, we have half our needs.

what he fails to realize is that 1 Rooivalk can do as much (or more) damage than 2 Hinds
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
agaugust:

? we have no air threats AAMs are a low on the list of needs. Any case we building our own so we did not want to waist money. We get a few hundred A darters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
andrewza:

Wrong, Canada was about to get rid of the LEO1s because they where only doing coin work. Astan showed them tanks are exalent for coin work. Now the went from scraping tanks to buying LEO2s. Tanks are good at killing people to.

The Finns just ordered another 100 Leo2's

And the Polish are probably going to splerg on Leo2a7's buy if their Defense Review gets the budget it asks for ($43 billion in the next decade)

Leo2a7 is probably the best tank that any nation could ever hope to get their hands on, and it is designed with COIN applications in mind

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Patchesagain:

what he fails to realize is that 1 Rooivalk can do as much (or more) damage than 2 Hinds

case in point is the DRC where hinds flown by pilots from Ukraine where unable to match the rooivalks from SA. Of cours I spoke to one guy who was in the DRC that said the success was due to 3 things

Good chopper
good pilots
good FAC

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Patchesagain:

The Finns just ordered another 100 Leo2's

And the Polish are probably going to splerg on Leo2a7's buy if their Defense Review gets the budget it asks for ($43 billion in the next decade)

Leo2a7 is probably the best tank that any nation could ever hope to get their hands on, and it is designed with COIN applications in mind

hopefully we still get the leo2 before to many buyers increase the price.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.