Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,849 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4436888 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
The world is set to train Nigerian troops how to fight BH. Britain pledge trainers to train amateurs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/11261605/Britain-plans-more-army-trainers-to-help-Nigeria-fight-Boko-Haram.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
SANDF soldiers in CAR.watch the way they handle their gun{@mzilakazi,andrewza},they dont even look prepared and alert.LMAO.

@Evarn- indeed you are the most stupidd person the mother earth has ever produced. Proper handling of rifles come to play when soldiers are either posing or on shooting exercise. There is no excuse from a soldier posing with a rifle handled incorrectly. Nigerian soldiers have been shown many a times posing with rifle handle incorrectly. That was a clear evidence of the culture in which their rifles are carried. That is the way their rifles are handled during their shooting exercises.

Those SA soldiers might be on a relaxed mode, but when the action comes they know well how must their rifles be carried. They master where the butt should be and where their hands should be on the rifle. My drift was not aimed at how the gun should be carried 24/7 it was merely aimed at how the rifle should be handled when on shooting mode.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
mzilakazi:

@Evarn-indeed you are the most stupidd person the mother earth has ever produced. Proper handling of rifles come to play when soldiers are either posing or on shooting exercise. There is no excuse from a soldier posing with a rifle handled incorrectly. Nigerian soldiers have been shown many a times posing with rifle handle incorrectly. That was a clear evidence of the culture in which their rifles are carried. That is the way their rifles are handled during their shooting exercises.Those SA soldiers might be on a relaxed mode, but when the action comes they know well how must their rifles be carried. They master where the butt should be and where their hands should be on the rifle. My drift was not aimed at how the gun should be carried 24/7 it was merely aimed at how the rifle should be handled when on shooting mode.
are troops supposed to be in relax mode when they're in a warzone,what if they were ambushed?,you're suffering from excess inhalation of corrorive zinc.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
are troops supposed to be in relax mode when they're in a warzone,what if they were ambushed?,you're suffering from excess inhalation of corrorive zinc.

Stupidd those troops were in DRC, supposedly during the time when M23 was not militant. I used to deploy to that area of Goma on the borders of Rwanda. That are used to be calm for a long time until now recently during the uprising of M23 rebels. Normally, anyone who was seen with a sky blue cap (UN) was not supposed to be shot at, even rebels knew that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
hunters?,you are dumb,how can hunters fight against rocket launchers and grenades??.clown.
Yes, hunters and vigilantes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
indeed?,look at the way they hold their guns.its disgraceful.
They're well trained.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
*sighs*,you cant read?
The FIB is currently not conducting combat operations.

The FDLR is given an ultimatum, politics influencing decisions in the battle space.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
mzilakazi:

Stupidd those troops were in DRC, supposedly during the time when M23 was not militant. I used to deploy to that area of Goma on the borders of Rwanda. That are used to be calm for a long time until now recently during the uprising of M23 rebels. Normally, anyone who was seen with a sky blue cap (UN) was not supposed to be shot at, even rebels knew that.
story for the gods.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Yes, hunters and vigilantes.
dumb czar
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
That wasn't in a war zone.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
They're well trained.
dumber ebola czar
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
The FIB is currently not conducting combat operations.

The FDLR is given an ultimatum, politics influencing decisions in the battle space.
dumbest ebola czar!.you arent fit to be a czar
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
dumber ebola czar
Resorting to attacking me than countering my post?

They're well trained.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
That wasn't in a war zone.
like seriously?,DRC?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
Patchesagain:

Why are you behaving like an ape?

The source is pretty clear

How do you calculate 1 hour loiter time?

Why is loiter time relevant?

[size=16pt]
Hey you calling me an Ape ? All because I defeated you in military argument and I wrecked your Soweto African Air Force SAAF ?

Wow ! Butt-Hurt now resorts to racist remarks on a black man, well I know you are not black, so you call us Ape.

Your own source CLEARLY says Gripen Jet did less than half of ONLY RECONNAISSANCE in Libya, NOT any ISTAR !

I was just doing you a favour by saying 1 hour, your own source says Gripen jet loiter time in Recce in Libya was only 40 minutes in the air !

NATO did real ISTAR in Libya with NATO dedicated ISTAR aircraft E-3 AWACS flying 24 hours a day and Sweden sent SAAB 340 AWACS !

Any jet fighter with Reconnaissance pods can do Recce ! Gripen Recce is NOT different from an F-7PG jet equipped with Recce pods tongue tongue

South African air force has ZERO ISTAR capability in year 2014 ! NAF is your supreme ISTAR master ! tongue tongue
.[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
dumbest ebola czar!.you arent fit to be a czar
The Force intervention brigade isn't conducting combat operations for almost a year now.

Counter my post, don't shift attention from our debate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Resorting to attacking me than countering my post?
They're well trained.
I have already explained to you that our troops are one of the best in the continent.but you strongly refused to heed my call.why?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]
Hey you calling me an Ape ? All because I defeated you in military argument and I wrecked your Soweto African Air Force SAAF ?

Wow ! Butt-Hurt now resorts to racist remarks on a black man, well I know you are not black, so you call us Ape.

Your own source CLEARLY says Gripen Jet did less than half of ONLY RECONNAISSANCE in Libya, NOT any ISTAR !

NATO did real ISTAR in Libya with NATO dedicated ISTAR aircraft E-3 AWACS flying 24 hours a day and Sweden sent SAAB 340 AWACS !

Any jet fighter with Reconnaissance pods can do Recce ! Gripen Recce is NOT different from an F-7PG jet equipped with Recce pods tongue tongue

South African air force has ZERO ISTAR capability in year 2014 ! NAF is your supreme ISTAR master ! tongue tongue
.[/size]
. NATO took over from the USA.

Tell us what is "ISTAR"?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
The Force intervention brigade isn't conducting combat operations for almost a year now
Counter my post, don't shift attention from our debate.
and so?,arent SANDF soldiers part of the FIB?,didnt you guys fight mai mai in DRC?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
I have already explained to you that our troops are one of the best in the continent.but you strongly refused to head my call.why?
You say so? Ok.

Please Answer the questions on this comparing table:

A How much is spent on training a soldier?

(I) South African soldier:
(II) Nigerian soldier:

2. How long is the soldier trained?

(I) South African Soldier:
(II) Nigerian soldier:

3. Training facilities.

(I) Nigeria:
(II) South Africa:

4. Training systems.

(I) Nigeria:
(II) South Africa:

5. Rotation.

(I) Nigeria:
(II) South Africa:
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
. NATO took over from the USA.

Tell us what is "ISTAR"?
*scoff*pity.Intelligence Surveillance Target Acquisition and Reconneissance.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
and so?,arent SANDF soldiers part of the FIB?,didnt you guys fight mai mai in DRC?
Tell us when that picture was taken.

The parabats were the first to engage the enemy.

All engagements took place last year, 6 SAI is already back in SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
*scoff*pity.Intelligent Surveillance Target Acquisition and Reconneissance.

OK:

Gripen Litening III pod:

1. Has camera= Surveillance.

2. FLIR= Reconnaissance.

3. Laser designator= Target acquisition.

To make it simple for you Nigerians.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
like seriously?,DRC?
Yes. That picture was taken before the creation of the FIB.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
You say so? Ok.
Please Answer the questions on this comparing table:
A How much is spent on training a soldier?
2. How long is the soldier trained?
3. Training facilities.
4. Training systems.
5. Rotation.
(1)we spend a whole fhucking lot of money in training troops,especially since the boko haram saga
(2)an average nigerian soldier spends a maximum of one year in training.except he/she is in a special unit/task force,then he/she would spend another 18 months in advanced training{with constant retraining}
(3)our training facilities are in excellent conditions,infact they are currently being upgraded.new trainer aircrafts,ships,gunboats,and other training facilities are being purchased.
(4)the training system of the nigerian army is top grade.it can be seen through our SBS,STF,JTF,and other spec-ops units,that we have a top notch training system.
(5)rotation of force is effective in the nigerian military
now tell me about the SANDF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

.[/size]

Nigerian Air force has ISTAR with zero fighter which is capable of discharging PGM and can't defeat BH in 2014.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:

(1)we spend a whole fhucking lot of money in training troops,especially since the boko haram saga
(2)an average nigerian soldier spends a maximum of one year in training.except he/she is in a special unit/task force,then he/she would spend another 18 months in advanced training{with constant retraining}
(3)our training facilities are in excellent conditions,infact they are currently being upgraded.new trainer aircrafts,ships,gunboats,and other training facilities are being purchased.
(4)the training system of the nigerian army is top grade.it can be seen through our SBS,STF,JTF,and other spec-ops units,that we have a top notch training system.
(5)rotation of force is effective in the nigerian military
now tell me about the SANDF.

I don't think you are doing what you are supposed to be doing in your training. Anyway, you need not worry because the Brits will show you how is done. They have been deployed to train amateurs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
mzilakazi:

I don't think you are doing what you are supposed to be doing in your training. Anyway, you need not worry because the Brits will show you how is done. They have been deployed to train amateurs.
one word for you: mumu.i put it to you: "south africa,go and die!"[-an excerpt from adams oshiomole's common slang "go and die"]
in my opinion,the brits dont have a coherent military force anymore,oh i can imagine the days of the royal navy,royal army,queens brigade etc. but now,they're just a bunch of poof-cakes.they're coming to train troops in counter-terrorism anyway,because they have experience and skill on how COTE is fought.it doesnt mean the NA is weak.seriously!,our troops train in the niger desert!,
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
MikeCZAR:
The Shilka has no CRAM capabilities. Do you want me to educate you again? .

You don't need CRAM to sh.oot down a snail slow bomb.

Guided bombs are 20 times slower than missiles.

Shilka radar will scan-track-target a guided bomb and accurately direct 4-barrel cannon fire to blew it into pieces 3km away !

SANDF has no air to ground missile. Unfreeze one frozen Gripen jet, sell it, and buy Maverick air to ground missiles , SANDF is cash-broke
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
pity.what school do you attend?,you've just got to keep on striving brov,failing a test doesnt signify iminent doom,we've all failed a test or two at one point.personally,i've exams coming up soon but i've only got two weeks to read my course-work,and submit my 'thesis,i just gotta do it or fail it,but with God and hardwork,its toast.it wasnt a final exam,was it?
i really wished it had something to do with school. I never really cared about school tests back then. Ok b4 oga Henry120 says i am derailing the thread. Let me say something military ish! During the days of sir Muhammad Ali of Egypt(Pasha of Egypt from 1805-1848)a very competent and vibrant force was built in the north of Africa this army threatened the balance of power of the then world. The European powers saw this threat and trembled in their shoes. They thought this might be the answer to the eastern question. They feared for the ottoman empire. Mohammed Ali melted rock and iron to build a well mechanized force, a force made up of the Fallahins ( peasant farmers) wipped and beaten to submission. he built a force so strong that they were called upon by the Turkish sultan to liberate mecca from the Wahabis. He sent his son Tusun to do the job and he did it well Mecca was once again ready to house pilgrims. He pushed further into Syria, sacked Acre and would have gone further into Turkish territories if not for the deterring intervention of the Russians. Mohammed Ali showed to the world what Africa can achieve if only we start solving our African problems with an African solution i infected some forumite over there in beegeagle with this maxim 2 yrs ago i remember it was a conversation between i and one dosiex and Eeben. We re Africans we re strong we re able ( even if we re not let us learn to be ) and we can only help ourselves. Let us not allow other people to exploit and use us to build their countries ( see the book - third world politics. An introduction by Clapham, C., and also see Africa and the Victorians: the official mind of imperialism by Robinson, R. And Gallagher, J. With Denny.
Then you may want to add my favourite How Europe underdeveloped Africa by the late Walter Rodney) we should be the one exploiting ourselves and resources for our own betterment.
I will start a lecture series on this section on African political and military history when i find the chance.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by joshkc(m): 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
EVarn:
yes,we have over 200,000 military personnel.we have the largest military force on this continent.
exactly
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
patches689:

I dont know where you get 85km/h from... since JDAM's can be dropped with speeds up to mach 1.2

he weapon can be released from altitudes as high as 50 kft, at speeds up to Mach 1.3,

http://www.ausairpower.net/TE-JDAMPt1.html

Libya was first attacked in SEAD with over 100 units of Tomahawk missiles, not guided bombs, fool !!!

NATO will use cruise missiles and anti-radar/radiation missiles to first wipe out all your air defences before NATO jets go in with bombs.

By the time NATO jets fly in with bombs, your air defense weapons are already degraded to almost zero level effect.

Guide bombs are big, they are bigger than a human being ! Shilka radar will track it and the AAA guns will b.low it to pieces

A guided bomb has no engine like a missile or rocket, it runs on a simple low power battery ! It glides by fins through the air with free fall speed of gravity about average 85 km/hr, falling slowly like a snail, it does not shoot forward like a missile , you must be damn illiterate !

"When a plane drops a smart bomb, the bomb becomes a particularly heavy glider. It doesn't have any propulsion system of its own, like a missile does , but it does have forward velocity (by virtue of being dropped from a speeding plane). It also has flight fins that generate lift and stabilize its flight path." http://science.howstuffworks.com/smart-bomb.htm

How many science lessons will Nigerians have to teach you daily? Olodo cheesy cheesy

Mach 1.3 is missile speed !!!! Fool !!!

Show me a source with speed of SAAF Paveway Guided Bomb !!! Fool cheesy cheesy

The video below proves that guided bombs are slow air/gravity snail-speed, while air to ground missiles are rocket engine super-speed.

#All South Africans Are Born Olodos cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26XYeQK1lm4

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.