Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4436064 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
Patchesagain:

Rich coming from a guy whos people eat one another "for medicine"
proof?.I've never heard of that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
iamord:
We just keep thwarting the short lived African success story.Seems the black race is still not matured and ready to move forward. Am very disappointed that it's this little things that we still take into consideration.We keep repeating history.
Man,we still remain constrained by ethnic and sociopolitical divides imposed upon Africans by white imperialists who shared the continent amongst themselves as if they were sharing grilled turkey without considering the resounding impacts.
I sincerely hate the fact that we have to blame all our shortcomings on the white race,but the truth is that the whites are indeed to blame.
In the modern world,Pan Africanism is a pipe dream.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
EVarn:
Man,we still remain constrained by ethnic and sociopolitical divides imposed upon Africans by white imperialists who shared the continent amongst themselves as if they were sharing grilled turkey without considering the resounding impacts.
I sincerely hate the fact that we have to blame all our shortcomings on the white race,but the truth is that the whites are indeed to blame.
How are whites to blame?

Colonialism provided a massive (but costly) leap forward for africa.

We are just seeing the next logical step for post-colonial states - Nationalism.

People in South Africa are starting to think beyond tribes and are now considering themselves as "South African" and everyone else as "foreign"

This is an important step.

It took Europe 2000 years to develop their cultures into a state where they could implement pan-Europa in the form of the EU
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
Patchesagain:

How are whites to blame?
Colonialism provided a massive (but costly) leap forward for africa.
We are just seeing the next logical step for post-colonial states - Nationalism.
People in South Africa are starting to think beyond tribes and are now considering themselves as "South African" and everyone else as "foreign"
This is an important step.
It took Europe 2000 years to develop their cultures into a state where they could implement pan-Europa in the form of the EU
Colonialism brought about a costly civilization that saw millions of black 'slaves' carted away on cargo ships like freshly caught sardines to the Americas and Europe.They divided the continent like a massive chocolate cake,hastily throwing together rival clans and drawing up demacations to suit their greedy ambitions and provide more resources to be merrily looted,and today we have intolerance,violence and massacre throughout the continent.
The divide still remains,but it is only well hidden.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
agaugust:

You drunk early this friday?

Mandela was the greatest South African.

He is NOT the greatest African, he fought for his own local people in South Africa as a country, he NEVER fought for Africa as a continent, the rest of Africa was already free while Mandela was coming out of jail...thanks to the other Africans like Obasanjo of Nigeria who fought to save Mandela from premature death in the jaws of the apartheid masters.

Greatest African? Where would you put Kmawe Nkrumah, Nnamdi Azikwe the Zik Of Africa, Haile Selasie of Ethiopia who made a country that would never be colonized in black Africa?

You don't know difference between country achievement and a continental achievement.....maybe you even think that Africa is a country and South Africa is its national capital.

Mumu, your Southie government BEE program has given free laptop and internet to an olodo like you

Mandela was an African living in South Africa whose nationality is South African; and Augustine is an African living in Nigeria whose nationality is a Nigerian. Augustine and Nelson Mandela are thus two Africans with the former being just ordinary citizen of Nigeria and the latter being the greatest African ever to exist in the universe.

Mandela fought for democratization of Nigeria from military rule and was an activist in fighting for suspension of Nigeria in the Commonwealth. Go and learn history.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/11/12/world/commonwealth-suspends-nigeria-over-executions.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
Henry120:

Mzilakazi, don't kid yourself. South-African blacks are generally un-educated, un-intelligent and mentally weak. You just can't compete, you don't like it, doesn't make it false.

Nelson mandela did nothing, and definitely is no great African. Many African leaders also went to Prison, Fmr.President Obasanjo was released from Prison in 1998, and he became President in 1999. No big deal!! Mandela been media worshipped doesn't make him great.

Actual Great African leaders are Kwame Nkrumah, Thomas sankara, Patrice lumumba, Gen. Murtala muhammed...... Not mandela.

BEE is a government policy that has enriched members of the ANC and their cronies. This is what it is.

Fact is, Companies from South-Africa that are operating in Nigeria are white, mostly Afrikanner owned. Not even 1 is black.

It goes to show how mentally weak and Docile Black South-Africans are. After 21years in power, you blacks cannot raise a company(s) that is/are Africa competitive.

Your Defence industry.......... We all know how that one is, LOL. It is self-explanatory.

You can argue until the end of time but Nelson Mandela remains the greatest African to ever exist in the planet from all four cardinal point.

There is no any part of the world that does not know Nelson. Fact!! Fact!! Fact!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Patchesagain:

Nigerians are whit men with blond hair? Hahahaha - it must make your soul bleed to see the whites operating your equipment for you.

Show us the face of the man....your white man helicopter pilot grin grin

This is the pilot that came out of the same helicopter when it landed...shame on you....argument demolished grin grin
PHOTO SCREENSHOT...@ELKASPBG

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
EVarn:
European colonialists not whites.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mandela fighting for democratization of Nigeria.

British officials said that President Nelson Mandela of South Africa was a driving force behind the decision. They said that Mr. Mandela recommended suspension after winning support for the move at a caucus of African states.
Mr. Mandela told delegates at the Commonwealth meeting that he recalled how much strength he drew during his years as a political prisoner from the knowledge that the outside world was pressing South Africa to introduce democracy.
Quote closed.

Mandela literally suspended Nigeria and pushed for freedom in Nigeria utilising his power.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/11/12/world/commonwealth-suspends-nigeria-over-executions.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
osystein:

haile was actually racists towards are non-cushitic African. He was also a proponent of the racists hemetic theory.

African Arabs threaten Ethiopia same way Middle Eastern Arabs threaten Israel. Ethiopia is full of black Jews. Egypt threatened to attack Ethiopia last year or so, we debated the potential war here.

I don't see why Haile would be racist....he is black. Bob Marley's father was white.

Haile Selassie said : "Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war." Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, the Lion Of Africa.

Bob Marley copied it into a song.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
What does Agaugust say about Mandela now?

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/9511/nigeria/11-11/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

South Africa’s townships - a magnet for entrepreneurs
By Mohammed Allie
BBC Africa, Cape Town
1 May 2014
From the section Africa

Despite their poor clientele, South Africa's spaza shop owners are able to make a living
South Africa has been a magnet for immigration in recent years, with many of those coming to Africa's second-largest economy to set up small family businesses in bustling townships.
But their business acumen has not always been welcomed at first by local people, as Kharul Islam, a slightly built Bangladeshi in his mid-20s, can affirm.
He runs a small grocery shop, known in South Africa as a spaza, in the crime-ridden area of Delft, about 30km (19 miles) east of Cape Town.
With its red painted exterior, the Comic Grocer is easy to spot from a distance; look closer and you notice the bullet-proof glass and the metal mesh guards
"I've had to put in bullet-proof glass to protect me. When I first came people threatened to kill me," he says.
It was local criminals who tried to intimidate him when he moved in three years ago.
Last year alone, the area recorded 113 murders, 129 cases of attempted murder and nearly 1,500 cases of violent crime in 2013, according to police statistics.
"But now that they know me it's better and safer," he says.
His customers come in to buy single items like a roll of toilet paper, sugar, milk or bread, but it is clear that the Bangladeshi, who has a Tanzanian and Zimbabwean to assist him, has developed a good relationship with them.
Trading skills
Operating in an economically depressed area like Delft, with a 43% rate of unemployment, the foreign shop owners have adapted their products to meet the needs of their customers.
Like many foreign traders, Mr Islam sells small quantities of essentials like tea, coffee, sugar and flour.

Like at other spaza shops, many of Altaafur Rhaman's customers buy just a single item
"People don't have money to buy the pre-packed quantities provided by the suppliers so I make it easier and more affordable for them. I give them what they need."
Following the advent of democracy in South Africa in 1994, it was initially Somalis, fleeing their country's civil strife, who made inroads into the townships.
Using their renowned trading skills, they established themselves in the spaza market, often to the displeasure of local traders who saw their share of this business sector cut back.
The past five years has seen a new wave of traders from mainly Bangladesh - and to a lesser extent countries like Pakistan, Egypt and Ethiopia - trying to squeeze into what has become an increasingly competitive market.
The Spaza News industry newsletter says South Africa's spaza sector comprises more than 100,000 enterprises with a collective annual turnover of 7bn rand (about $663m; £395m).
Eight urban sites studied between 2010 and 2013 showed that nearly 50% of spaza shops were operated by foreign entrepreneurs, according to researchers at the University of Western Cape's Political Science Department and the non-profit organisation Sustainable Livelihoods Foundation.
'Opportunities for locals'
Most of the foreigners work a punishing 16-hour day, seven days a week, and most have a mattress and washing facilities in a modestly furnished room attached to the shop.

Protests about the lack of basic amenities in townships are fairly common in South Africa
Not surprisingly, local shop owners have complained about the influx of foreign competitors who they say have impacted on their trade.
Evelyn Domingo, who runs her spaza shop not far from Mr Islam's, says her business has suffered over the past two years.
"I'm not happy; business has been slow since the foreigners started opening up. They are able to keep their prices down because they group together which enables them to buy at lower prices," she says.
"It's only the lotto [national lottery] tickets that attract people to my shop because it's only me and the post office down the road that sells the tickets."
Ms Domingo, whose husband was killed in a robbery two years ago, says the government promised to do something to help lo
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lezzlie:

South Africa’s townships - a magnet for entrepreneurs
By Mohammed Allie
BBC Africa, Cape Town
1 May 2014
From the section Africa

Despite their poor clientele, South Africa's spaza shop owners are able to make a living
South Africa has been a magnet for immigration in recent years, with many of those coming to Africa's second-largest economy to set up small family businesses in bustling townships.
But their business acumen has not always been welcomed at first by local people, as Kharul Islam, a slightly built Bangladeshi in his mid-20s, can affirm.
He runs a small grocery shop, known in South Africa as a spaza, in the crime-ridden area of Delft, about 30km (19 miles) east of Cape Town.
With its red painted exterior, the Comic Grocer is easy to spot from a distance; look closer and you notice the bullet-proof glass and the metal mesh guards
"I've had to put in bullet-proof glass to protect me. When I first came people threatened to kill me," he says.
It was local criminals who tried to intimidate him when he moved in three years ago.
Last year alone, the area recorded 113 murders, 129 cases of attempted murder and nearly 1,500 cases of violent crime in 2013, according to police statistics.
"But now that they know me it's better and safer," he says.
His customers come in to buy single items like a roll of toilet paper, sugar, milk or bread, but it is clear that the Bangladeshi, who has a Tanzanian and Zimbabwean to assist him, has developed a good relationship with them.
Trading skills
Operating in an economically depressed area like Delft, with a 43% rate of unemployment, the foreign shop owners have adapted their products to meet the needs of their customers.
Like many foreign traders, Mr Islam sells small quantities of essentials like tea, coffee, sugar and flour.

Like at other spaza shops, many of Altaafur Rhaman's customers buy just a single item
"People don't have money to buy the pre-packed quantities provided by the suppliers so I make it easier and more affordable for them. I give them what they need."
Following the advent of democracy in South Africa in 1994, it was initially Somalis, fleeing their country's civil strife, who made inroads into the townships.
Using their renowned trading skills, they established themselves in the spaza market, often to the displeasure of local traders who saw their share of this business sector cut back.
The past five years has seen a new wave of traders from mainly Bangladesh - and to a lesser extent countries like Pakistan, Egypt and Ethiopia - trying to squeeze into what has become an increasingly competitive market.
The Spaza News industry newsletter says South Africa's spaza sector comprises more than 100,000 enterprises with a collective annual turnover of 7bn rand (about $663m; £395m).
Eight urban sites studied between 2010 and 2013 showed that nearly 50% of spaza shops were operated by foreign entrepreneurs, according to researchers at the University of Western Cape's Political Science Department and the non-profit organisation Sustainable Livelihoods Foundation.
'Opportunities for locals'
Most of the foreigners work a punishing 16-hour day, seven days a week, and most have a mattress and washing facilities in a modestly furnished room attached to the shop.

Protests about the lack of basic amenities in townships are fairly common in South Africa
Not surprisingly, local shop owners have complained about the influx of foreign competitors who they say have impacted on their trade.
Evelyn Domingo, who runs her spaza shop not far from Mr Islam's, says her business has suffered over the past two years.
"I'm not happy; business has been slow since the foreigners started opening up. They are able to keep their prices down because they group together which enables them to buy at lower prices," she says.
"It's only the lotto [national lottery] tickets that attract people to my shop because it's only me and the post office down the road that sells the tickets."
Ms Domingo, whose husband was killed in a robbery two years ago, says the government promised to do something to help lo

Those foreigners come to SA under pretext that their countries are danger to their lives even when it is truly not so. They demand asylum, refugee grant from SA government and UN and establish businesses. Of course, there is nowhere you can compete to those people in terms of the sponsors they get.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lezzlie:
And there was nothing xenophobic in your long narration.

the government asking illegal immigrants to leave the country is till being done all over the world today by several law enforcements.

This is a sharp contrast to where citizens turn on foreingers who have shops, car-dealing business, restaurants etc and start killing and robbing them blind.

Lez it was wrong to assault and kill them but the truth is that SA has a large number of foreigners including those who are doing business in SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
MikeCZAR:
European colonialists not whites.
what is the skin color of European colonialists?,lilac?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

Mandela was an African living in South Africa whose nationality is South African; and Augustine is an African living in Nigeria whose nationality is a Nigerian. Augustine and Nelson Mandela are thus two Africans with the former being just ordinary citizen of Nigeria and the latter being the greatest African ever to exist in the universe.

Mandela fought for democratization of Nigeria from military rule and was an activist in fighting for suspension of Nigeria in the Commonwealth. Go and learn history.

And fighting for Nigeria's suspension from the commonwealth is a gallant achievement?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

British officials said that President Nelson Mandela of South Africa was a driving force behind the decision. They said that Mr. Mandela recommended suspension after winning support for the move at a caucus of African states.
Mr. Mandela told delegates at the Commonwealth meeting that he recalled how much strength he drew during his years as a political prisoner from the knowledge that the outside world was pressing South Africa to introduce democracy.
Quote closed.
Mandela literally suspended Nigeria and pushed for freedom in Nigeria utilising his power.
which power?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
EVarn:
which power?

Political
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
EVarn:
And fighting for Nigeria's suspension from the commonwealth is a gallant achievement?

Gave birth to Nigeria's freedom and government by the people.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

In your next lifetime probably! cool cool cool

See desperation! Xenophobic retard!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

In your next lifetime probably! cool cool cool

See desperation! Xenophobic retard!

tribalist slowpoke!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Why you shouldn't believe everything you read online.

Fake story.
graphic photo. A foreigner's child
attacked in South Africa

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FCrWzGps8CE/VTIjCLCGEHI/AAAAAAAE_kE/HLFBzLrluGE/s280/1.jpg[/img]

www.lindaikeji..com/2015/04/graphic-photo-foreigners-child-attacked.html?m=1

true story.
stray rubber bullet hits child during service delivery protest back in January

www.politicsweb.co.za/iservice/rubber-bullet-did-this--daily-sun

mduza , mzansibeat bluivy blulvy

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

Quote closed.

Mandela did NOT suspend Nigeria, 52 commowealth countries under the overall leadership of Commonwealth secretary general Emeka Anyaokwu a Nigerian himself, ordered and signed the suspension of Nigeria....a Nigerian did it.

Mandela was not the only person that urged commonwealth to suspend Nigeria, our own human right activists led by Nobel winner Soyinka did the work with all energy travelling around the world to gather support inside commonwealth.

Stop twisting world history.

BTWN...Nigerian president Obasanjo personally wrote a strong letter to British Prime Minister demanding the end of apartheid, also every Nigerian leader championed a world wide drive to impose economic sanctions on apartheid South Africa which eventually crushed the apartheid reign and freed Mandela, and freed all black/coloured South Africans.

So that qualifies Nigerian ex-president Obasanjo to become the greatest African !

You see how hard it is for you to historically prove Mandela as a continental star ?

mzilakazi:

That Mandela was South African president, and South Africa was one of the 52 commonwealth countries that stood against Nigeria, and the most powerful voice in the commonwealth against Abacha was the commonwealth secretary general Emeka Anyaoku a Nigerian man !

Your source also says what I have always said that Nigerian's freed themselves from Abacha :

"Nigerian human rights activists urged the Commonwealth and the United States on Sunday to turn the screws on Nigeria's military government by boycotting its oil."

That is quoted from your own source.

Nigerians brought world wide sanctions on Abacha, Nigerians also 'killed' Abacha in a 'technical' manner till he died foaming in the mouth inside his bedroom. Stop claiming glory that belongs to NADECO alliance, Nobel Price Winner Prof Soyinka, Commonwealth's most senior Leader Chief Emeka Anyaokwu ..... all are Nigerians who freed Nigeria from Abacha....plus the Nigerian military INTEL covert actions that killed the dictator.

You Southies wanna play glory thief again?

See how difficult it is for you to find any historical records to show how Mandela fought for the whole of Africa ?

He is a local champion and hero of South African people ALONE.....but NOT Africa....Mandela does NOT belong to that class on this continent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
osystein:
Why you shouldn't believe everything you read online.

Fake story.
graphic photo. A foreigner's child
attacked in South Africa

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FCrWzGps8CE/VTIjCLCGEHI/AAAAAAAE_kE/HLFBzLrluGE/s280/1.jpg[/img]

www.lindaikeji..com/2015/04/graphic-photo-foreigners-child-attacked.html?m=1

true story.
stray rubber bullet hits child during service delivery protest back in January

www.politicsweb.co.za/iservice/rubber-bullet-did-this--daily-sun

mduza , mzansibeat bluivy blulvy

lol..eish
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
agaugust:
African Arabs threaten Ethiopia same way Middle Eastern Arabs threaten Israel. Ethiopia is full of black Jews. Egypt threatened to attack Ethiopia last year or so, we debated the potential war here. I don't see why Haile would be racist....he is black. Bob Marley's father was white. Haile Selassie said : "Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war." Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, the Lion Of Africa. Bob Marley copied it into a song.

I get you, but he still considered negroid people inferior to cushitic people whom he considered Caucasian. I wouldn't really worship a men with such views.

Ethiopian leaders like Haile Selassie and Menelik were racist towards blacks. Despite both being Oromos, these Ethiopian leaders regarded themselves as whites.

Here's just one of many quotes they stated: "'I am not a Negro at all; I am a Caucasian' the Emperor Menelik told the West Indian pan-Africanist Benito Sylvian who had come to Addis Ababa to solicit the Emperor's leadership in a society for the 'Amelioration of the Negro race.' Haile Sellassie confirmed that view in a declaration to Chief H. O. Davis, a well known Nigerian nationalist, stating that the Ethiopians did not regard themselves as Africans, but as 'a mixed Hamito-Semitic people (2006, John H. Spencer, p. 306)"

To read all the racist and cowardly acts these Ethiopian leaders did, I suggest you read this highly researched article:

http://www.madote.com/2010/03/were-ethiopian-leaders-colonialist.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

Political
who gave mandela power?,where did he get it from?.who is mandela and what has he ever done to better Africa?.
How do you think your mandela will feel if he could see the carnage and destruction being perpetuated by his people?.
Why oh why,did we ever save SA from apartheid!,a few hours ago,I watched another video of the xenophobic terror acts performed by south africans on innocent black foreigners{including children and toddlers} and i struggled to banish a festering raging hate from my mind.You people are animals!,Your government and traditional rulers and citizens are all savage beasts with primitive instincts of unprovoked violence.Your mandela didnt change much in SA,infact things in your country have gone worse.
To me,people like Nyerere,Nkruma,Nnamdi azikwe,Goodluck jonathan, etc are better men who made more impact on African life.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

SA never even contributed to anything in Nigeria,the petty gimmick which mandela orchestrated did nothing to impress Abacha,it was the urgings and protests of the people and numerous pressure groups like the NLC that toppled military regime in Nigeria,thereby prompting General Ibrahim Babangida to cede power to the civilian regime headed by the former head of state Olusegun Obansanjo.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
MduZA:

lol..eish

they even had to write an article with all the misinformation out there. Even the video which made FP yersterday is an old video showing a man lynched for shooting a 5 year old for shoplifting.

fake photos misrepresenting xenophobic violence
http://m.ewn.co.za/2015/04/17/Fake-photo

social media abuzz with false rumours over xenophobia
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/04/16/social-media-abuzz-with-false-rumours-over-xenophobic-attackstos-misrepresenting-xenophobic-violence

Internet boasts false images of xenophobic violence in South Africa

http://observers.france24.com/content/20150417-south-africa-durban-immigrant-xenophobic-false-photos

that's why I suspect a third force is behind the xenophobic violence

make use of imagesraider.com to check the source of the images claimed to be xenophobic, since your job on nairaland is to defend your country.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
osystein:

they even had to write an article with all the misinformation out there. Even the video which made FP yersterday is an old video showing a man lynched for shooting a 5 year old for shoplifting.

fake photos misrepresenting xenophobic violence
http://m.ewn.co.za/2015/04/17/Fake-photo

social media abuzz with false rumours over xenophobia
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/04/16/social-media-abuzz-with-false-rumours-over-xenophobic-attackstos-misrepresenting-xenophobic-violence

Internet boasts false images of xenophobic violence in South Africa

http://observers.france24.com/content/20150417-south-africa-durban-immigrant-xenophobic-false-photos

that's why I suspect a third force is behind the xenophobic violence

make use of imagesraider.com to check the source of the images claimed to be xenophobic, since your job on nairaland is to defend your country.

hehehe the last part of your comment is amusing...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Patchesagain:

ATOM got cancelled

Why don't we play a game............. Count the cammo?

You go first.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

Lez it was wrong to assault and kill them but the truth is that SA has a large number of foreigners including those who are doing business in SA.
Still not an excuse. this is a 3 day xenophobic attack going on. It is the hight of savagery.

Not atime had i remember a collective voice of several countries against one country.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. This is a military forum not a debate about land ownership
2. Nigerians are whit men with blond hair? Hahahaha - it must make your soul bleed to see the whites operating your equipment for you.
3. 200 men were pushed back by 3000-5000 men?? OMG what a shock!!

Hoe/ cutlass weilding farmers? Yeah, I dont think you know who Seleka are

1. Deal with it, it is a fact!

2. Can you "please" show us the Pilots face?

3. Your Special forces were roundly defeated by common farmers. This is a proven fact.

"A source with the United Nations in Bangui said the South Africans had asked for assistance from French forces to help them leave the country."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE92M0AU20130324?irpc=932

"Bangui - South African soldiers in the Central African Republic are seeking safe passage to the airport after taking heavy losses during fighting with Seleka rebels, Reuters reports."

"Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the BBC World Service that the SA troops had retreated to their barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.