Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4436139 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. Fvcking citation needed - there were no radar guided missiles in WW2
2. Read what?
3. Reduced signature makes it harder to target - show us citations to back these claims.
4. Oh jesus help me
5. None of those are naval combat systems - stop moving the goal-posts.

1[b] The US Air Force F-117A was developed in the 1970s, entering service in 1983 and officially revealed in 1988.[2] It saw its first combat in 1989 over Panama, and was widely seen as one of the most advanced pieces of US military equipment.[2] At the same time, Yugoslavian air defenses were seen as relatively obsolete.[2] [/b]

The System entered service in 1960.

2. On everything.

3. Has been proven multiple times.

4. Boy..... Stop mentioning the name of our lord in vain, you sacrilegious piece of shit! Pagan!!

5. They are military systems. I ain't moving no goal post.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jazzydee: 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
mzilakazi:

Those foreigners come to SA under pretext that their countries are danger to their lives even when it is truly not so. They demand asylum, refugee grant from SA government and UN and establish businesses. Of course, there is nowhere you can compete to those people in terms of the sponsors they get.

So thats why you decide to kill them and loot their stores to run them out of business? Dont worry the rest of Africa and the world are watching you guys Soon, the measure you use in dishing to others will be applied to South African business Across the Globe.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
EVarn:
what is the skin color of European colonialists?,lilac?
Coloniaslists.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Coloniaslists.
??
what?
at your age,u never still get sense.lol.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lezzlie:
Still not an excuse. this is a 3 day xenophobic attack going on. It is the hight of savagery.

Not atime had i remember a collective voice of several countries against one country.

The problem with south Africa is that it has first world laws for a third world population, if you could fire live ammunition like in marikana, the whole thing would end.

Rubber bullets and tear gas won't do anything, they'll just come back the next day.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
EVarn:
??
what?
at your age,u never still get sense.lol.
Blame colonialists not white people.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
osystein:

I get you, but he still considered negroid people inferior to cushitic people whom he considered Caucasian. I wouldn't really worship a men with such views.

Ethiopian leaders like Haile Selassie and Menelik were racist towards blacks. Despite both being Oromos, these Ethiopian leaders regarded themselves as whites.

Here's just one of many quotes they stated: "'I am not a Negro at all; I am a Caucasian' the Emperor Menelik told the West Indian pan-Africanist Benito Sylvian who had come to Addis Ababa to solicit the Emperor's leadership in a society for the 'Amelioration of the Negro race.' Haile Sellassie confirmed that view in a declaration to Chief H. O. Davis, a well known Nigerian nationalist, stating that the Ethiopians did not regard themselves as Africans, but as 'a mixed Hamito-Semitic people (2006, John H. Spencer, p. 306)"

To read all the racist and cowardly acts these Ethiopian leaders did, I suggest you read this highly researched article:

http://www.madote.com/2010/03/were-ethiopian-leaders-colonialist.html

Those were allegations against Haile Selassie with no proof, he NEVER said anything racist that I can find in history, though I am not expert in that area.

Anybody who fought against the western power will surely get a bad name worldwide.

If Selassie was against blacks, I bet you Bob Marley and all black Jamaicans/Rastafarians who were alive to witness the Selassie era and generation, will NOT declare him as a hero.

I am no expert in this area, but I find NO concrete evidence against Haile Selassie, his best quoted speech is that the race and skin colour of a man's should not be used to discriminate against him.

I rest my case.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
agaugust:

Those were allegations against Haile Selassie, he NEVER said anything racist that I can find in history, though I am not expert in that area.

Anybody who fought against the western power will surely get a bad name worldwide.

If Selassie was against blacks, I bet you Bob Marley who was closer to the Selassie era and generation, and all black Jamaicans, will NOT see him as a hero.

I am no expert in this area, but I find NO concrete evidence against Haile Selassie, his best quoted speech is that the race and skin colour of a man's skin should not be used to discriminate against him.

Okay bro.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
osystein:

The problem with south Africa is that it has first world laws for a third world population, if you could fire live ammunition like in marikana, the whole thing would end.

Rubber bullets and tear gas won't do anything, they'll just come back the next day.

Just look at the response of governments around the continent.

What would happen if we start gunning down their people, cause both sides hold protests. One side would claim they're targeted.

Even the new Malawi gov which is hostile to SA is now revelling its true colours.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
agaugust:

Those were allegations against Haile Selassie with no proof, he NEVER said anything racist that I can find in history, though I am not expert in that area.

If Selassie was against blacks, I bet you Bob Marley and all black Jamaicans/Rastafarians who were alive to witness the Selassie era and generation, will NOT declare him as a hero.

I am no expert in this area, but I find NO concrete evidence against Haile Selassie, his best quoted speech is that the race and skin colour of a man's should not be used to discriminate against him.

I rest my case.
Gandhi was racist yet some today still regard him as a hero.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
MikeCZAR:

What would happen if we start gunning down their people, cause both sides hold protests. One side would claim they're targeted.

Even the new Malawi gov which is hostile to SA is now revelling its true colours.

I mean gunning down the xenophobes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
osystein:

If the SA government wishes to control the savage vagabonds called 'black south africans',then they would have to employ every legitimate means possible to limit the unpatriotic excesses of their citizenry.including declaring a state of emergency,deploying armed troops as deterrent,constant aerial surveillance of hotzones,imposing a curfew in extremely fragile regions,occasional house arrest of suspected individual or groups,temporal legalization of possession of moderate firearms by foreigners for the sole purpose of self defence etc...
But it seems that even the SA government is in tacit support of the ongoing savagery,therefore the only solution is a joint AU sanction and blockade.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
What Nigerian army can do against Boko Haram, but refused to do because many innocent lives will be lost as collateral damage, WE COULD HAVE DESTROYED EVERY 'CALIPHATE' in one day....but we must not overuse our power !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1czNdW8bgJE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jazzydee: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
EVarn:
Indeed,the normal discontent between black south african citizens and other black foreigners has been harnessed by an elusive third party to orchestrate riots and violent attacks,with an ultimate goal of ruining SA's economy,political standing in the comity of nations{especially Africa},and destabilize the nation,thereby making it an armed failed state like Libya.This was how ISIS started,and due to corruption and lack of political will,SA find itself impotent to the plight of its national stability.SA's political structure is highly compromised.
Story for the Gods! The elusive third party is also responsible for the hatred for fellow Africans and Jealousy towards the bussiness acumen and success of African foreigners in SA?

The 62 people that were killed in the First Xenophobic outbreak some years back was also as a result of the elusive third party?

Stop making excuses, Own you Sh..it, and look for ways to solve or cure your envy towards fellow Africans and learn to compete with others rather than sabotage the success of others.
Your Economy/standard of living may be better today than that of other African countries but It may not be so for ever! Change is constant and other African economy is growing faster than SA's Economy an Nigeria recently became the biggest economy in Africa, It may just be a matter of time before other African countries become the economic heaven that SA citizens may flock to for business.
And pray that they will not pay you back with your xenophobic coins.
No condition in life is permanent. Black South Africans now make policies and have a voice in SA Government today, it wasn't always the case remember those who helped you get there, And now that you are on your high horse remember that what goes up must come down, Go and read what happened to the UK economy during margaret thatcher time, before the Scotland oil find bailed them out!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
MikeCZAR:
lol,malawi revealing its true colours?,so you expect them to sit down peeling banana while dozens of their citizens are brutally murdered by xenophobic dogs?.
Even your precious China is already "condemning" the violent attacks,if these attacks continues for too long,with your government continuously dragging its feet without taking robust actions,then its gonna come up in a UNSC deliberation,and you know what that means.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Blame colonialists not white people.
morphie,white people are all the same,greedy people seeking to plunder and exploit where they didnt sow.what is the difference between "colonialists" and "white"?,arent the colonialists white?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
osystein:

I mean gunning down the xenophobes.
Cracking down hard isn't the solution.

This is what the government did in 2008 by using the police to put down the attacks, and never following up with laws, programmes, projects etc to deal with the cause. Countering the ideology.

They don't really care they even denying it is xenophobia.

The ANC has been slow in implementing solutions for various reasons.

Also this pre-94 violent protest doctrine needs to be dealt with.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 12:00am On Apr 19, 2015
EVarn:
morphie,white people are all the same,greedy people seeking to plunder and exploit where they didnt sow.what is the difference between "colonialists" and "white"?,arent the colonialists white?
Are black people the same?

They're BH roaming around and just ki.ling each other?

Stop stereotyping.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:09am On Apr 19, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Are black people the same?
They're BH roaming around and just ki.ling each other?
Stop stereotyping.
BH is religious,moreover,they believe in a cause,what is the white man's cause for looting Africa?
NB: BH doesnt apply in this issue,islamic terrorism is a global endemic.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 12:09am On Apr 19, 2015
EVarn:
lol,malawi revealing its true colours?,so you expect them to sit down peeling banana while dozens of their citizens are brutally murdered by xenophobic dogs?.
Even your precious China is already "condemning" the violent attacks,if these attacks continues for too long,with your government continuously dragging its feet without taking robust actions,then its gonna come up in a UNSC deliberation,and you know what that means.
Look at reaction Zimbabwe, Namibia, Tanzania, Zambia, Angola etc governments.

The current Malawi gov isn't so friendly to SA, after it seems this president attempted to seize power after his brother the former president died without the armed forces supported he failed.

He fired the chief of stuff when he came to power, cancelled weapons purchase projects with SA.

The thing is you'll never ignore SA's presence on the continent, Malawi needs SA than we need them.

It will never get there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 12:11am On Apr 19, 2015
EVarn:
BH is religious,moreover,they believe in a cause,what is the white man's cause for looting Africa?
NB: BH doesnt apply in this issue,islamic terrorism is a global endemic.
Colonialism was a global endemic then.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iamord(m): 12:14am On Apr 19, 2015
osystein:
Why you shouldn't believe everything you read online.

Fake story.
graphic photo. A foreigner's child
attacked in South Africa

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FCrWzGps8CE/VTIjCLCGEHI/AAAAAAAE_kE/HLFBzLrluGE/s280/1.jpg[/img]

www.lindaikeji..com/2015/04/graphic-photo-foreigners-child-attacked.html?m=1

true story.
stray rubber bullet hits child during service delivery protest back in January

www.politicsweb.co.za/iservice/rubber-bullet-did-this--daily-sun

mduza , mzansibeat bluivy blulvy
the media industry needs to be scrutinized. .I have seen so much of poor reporting from semi baked reporters . and broke malnourished bloggers. just for traffic smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 12:19am On Apr 19, 2015
EVarn:

But it seems that even the SA government is in tacit support of the ongoing savagery,therefore the only solution is a joint AU sanction and blockade.

Even without an active foreign policy South Africa is a powerful country and needed on the continent.

You wouldn't wanna push and make it hostile to you. Don't poke a hornet's nest cause you think you might ran away.

SADC wouldn't support that excluding Malawi.

Other regional blocks aren't united and are weak.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:40am On Apr 19, 2015
agaugust:

Show us the face of the man....your white man helicopter pilot grin grin

This is the pilot that came out of the same helicopter when it landed...shame on you....argument demolished grin grin
PHOTO SCREENSHOT...@ELKASPBG

Mr Military Researcher does not know that Hinds have a cockpit crew of 2
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:44am On Apr 19, 2015
Henry120:

1. Deal with it, it is a fact!

2. Can you "please" show us the Pilots face?

3. Your Special forces were roundly defeated by common farmers. This is a proven fact.

"A source with the United Nations in Bangui said the South Africans had asked for assistance from French forces to help them leave the country."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE92M0AU20130324?irpc=932

"Bangui - South African soldiers in the Central African Republic are seeking safe passage to the airport after taking heavy losses during fighting with Seleka rebels, Reuters reports."

"Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the BBC World Service that the SA troops had retreated to their barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport."

1. It is not a fact.
2. Why, I have shown you his white features. You can try to deny what is obvious. But its pointless. You know he is white, we know he is white.
3. 200 men were pushed back by 3000-5000? O WOW. You say it was a defeat? What objective did they fail to meet?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:46am On Apr 19, 2015
Henry120:

1[b] The US Air Force F-117A was developed in the 1970s, entering service in 1983 and officially revealed in 1988.[2] It saw its first combat in 1989 over Panama, and was widely seen as one of the most advanced pieces of US military equipment.[2] At the same time, Yugoslavian air defenses were seen as relatively obsolete.[2] [/b]

The System entered service in 1960.

2. On everything.

3. Has been proven multiple times.

4. Boy..... Stop mentioning the name of our lord in vain, you sacrilegious piece of shit! Pagan!!

5. They are military systems. I ain't moving no goal post.

1. First you said WW2, now you say 1960's? Do you know how they shot it down? Must I educate you.
2. That is not a valid response.
3. No it has not, not once.
4. Calm down bible basher.
5. No, you have literally moved the goal posts from Naval systems to military systems.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:49am On Apr 19, 2015
osystein:

I get you, but he still considered negroid people inferior to cushitic people whom he considered Caucasian. I wouldn't really worship a men with such views.

Ethiopian leaders like Haile Selassie and Menelik were racist towards blacks. Despite both being Oromos, these Ethiopian leaders regarded themselves as whites.

Here's just one of many quotes they stated: "'I am not a Negro at all; I am a Caucasian' the Emperor Menelik told the West Indian pan-Africanist Benito Sylvian who had come to Addis Ababa to solicit the Emperor's leadership in a society for the 'Amelioration of the Negro race.' Haile Sellassie confirmed that view in a declaration to Chief H. O. Davis, a well known Nigerian nationalist, stating that the Ethiopians did not regard themselves as Africans, but as 'a mixed Hamito-Semitic people (2006, John H. Spencer, p. 306)"

To read all the racist and cowardly acts these Ethiopian leaders did, I suggest you read this highly researched article:

http://www.madote.com/2010/03/were-ethiopian-leaders-colonialist.html

Unfortunately Ghandi was somewhat racist as well...

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:57am On Apr 19, 2015
agaugust:

What Nigerian army can do against Boko Haram, but refused to do because many innocent lives will be lost as collateral damage, WE COULD HAVE DESTROYED EVERY 'CALIPHATE' in one day....but we must not overuse our power !

This plebeian does not know the proper envisioned use of MRLS systems

Anyway, our system is better:

Your range: 20km
Our range: 36km

Your caliber: 122mm
Ours: 127mm

Smaller and with less range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1vz_37xyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqIGjiCaDks

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:06am On Apr 19, 2015
EVarn:
If the SA government wishes to control the savage vagabonds called 'black south africans',then they would have to employ every legitimate means possible to limit the unpatriotic excesses of their citizenry.including declaring a state of emergency,deploying armed troops as deterrent,constant aerial surveillance of hotzones,imposing a curfew in extremely fragile regions,occasional house arrest of suspected individual or groups,temporal legalization of possession of moderate firearms by foreigners for the sole purpose of self defence etc...

Are you high?

SADAC is in RSA's pocket.

Any sanctions against us and Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique lose power and the majority of their trade. Swaziland and Lesotho are complete non-entities and have to support us.

Zimbabwe especially loses its major trade conduit (more good travel on the Durban-JHB-Bulawayo trade corridor than Maputo-Xia Xai- Masvingo) and would have to face us calling in the massive financial loans we have made to them and with Mugabe as the AU head, you know this isnt going to happen.

Angola and South Africa have a "special" relationship and the DRC and Mozambique is heavily reliant on South Africa for military support.

While the fact that both the US and Russia consider South Africa a major continental player, neither will want to put pressure on us for fear of pushing us more onto the side of the other.

Your sanctions are a pipe bream and a blockade is impossible - no one has the military power to enforce one against us.

We are South Africa, we do what the fvck we want and no one can stop us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 6:50am On Apr 19, 2015
agaugust:

Are you saying this system was never deployed to the frontline? Or they took it to the frontline but never used it? Sort of like a decoration. Can you explain the pic below?

Take heavy equipment to the frontline but knowing full well that you "refuse" to use it....um... okay then. You just wanted to show off equipment, but didn't know how to introduce it as a topic....so you just made up a "refuse to use it" narrative. Next time just post a pic, keep quiet and move on. If people like it they like it, if they dont they dont.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:39am On Apr 19, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Look at reaction Zimbabwe, Namibia, Tanzania, Zambia, Angola etc governments.
The current Malawi gov isn't so friendly to SA, after it seems this president attempted to seize power after his brother the former president died without the armed forces supported he failed.
He fired the chief of stuff when he came to power, cancelled weapons purchase projects with SA.
The thing is you'll never ignore SA's presence on the continent,Malawi needs SA than we need them.
It will never get there.
Other SADC Government are currenly silent because non of their citizens are yet to be harmed,already Zimbabwe has lamblasted the south african government and citizens for propagating and supporting the ongoing violence
Botswana has blockaded all major roads leading to and from SA
Mozambique has condemned the attacks and is poised to evacuate its citizens should violence continue
Malawi already flew off the handle.
Tanzania,Namibia and Angola are still observing the situation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 19, 2015
mzilakazi:

tribalist slowpoke!!!
lol... in Nigeria, tribalists 'e-fight'... huge difference to barbaric saffers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.