Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4432447 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Yes, it rotates 360 degrees at 60rpm.

The waves have a cone angle like coverage since it was designed to deal with low flying and slow aircraft its coverage is limited in range and altitude.

It can't detect a bomb flying above 4500m and able to attack it a trajectory 90 degrees.

TECHNICAL SOURCE & CITATION NEEDED FOR THE IMAGINARY LIMITATIONS OF ROLAND RADAR AS SAID BY....YOU....

....maybe you have a Roland radar inside your house and you have personally tested it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
MikeCZAR:

The waves have a cone angle like coverage since it was designed to deal with low flying and slow aircraft its coverage is limited in range and altitude.

It can't detect a bomb flying above 4500m and able to attack it a trajectory 90 degrees.

Go ask all the Iranian jets, British jets, and American jets that were easily sh.ot down by Roland missile.

Are you more skillful and intelligent that all those professional NATO jet fighter pilots that were sh.ot down by Roland ?

Show us your own air force pilot credentials please....prove to us your are smarter than the American/British professionals, show us...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
andrewza:

The British flew how many attacks over the island. Of alll those flights it fired 8 times and missed 5 times. And they where going up against subsonic aircraft many with out dated counter measures. The best AA in that war where the GDF 35mm guns with far more kills.

Envy is your problem.

Roland fired it's 8 missiles against 3 targets and sh.ot down all 3 targets at the same time.....world class performance.

See why I call you navy chef/cook ? You don't know how real war is fought, your SANDF has almost ZERO war experience in 20 years....no air defence missile commander will fire 3 missiles at 3 targets, he will fire at least double.....reason is the enemy jet pilot can use ECM or chaff and flares to defeat the first salvo of missiles, but the second salvo will score a hit. That is what a Roland operator is trained to do.....nobody in SANDF knows that because your country has NOTHING in the class of Roland today, South Africa has NO ground based radar guided air defence missile systems....Nigeria is your master today.

You are back as a navy cook to say anti-aircraft guns are better than anti-aircraft missiles.

So envious of Nigerian Roland you now say SANDF GDF gun is better in that war, show us where GDF gun, one GDF gun alone shot down a jet and 2 bombs at the same time....show us....

Envy is k.illing the navy cook of South Africa, let me rub my Roland photo in your ugly face again this early morning.... shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
Msauza:

[size=13]ROLAND SAM is blind at night. It is easy to defeat it. You jam it and the only option left will be to operate it manually and at night it cannot be manually operated at all.

BOOOOOOMmmm!!! there comes Gripens and even Rooivalk will take it out at ease since nobody will see it at night.

ROLAND SAM is the weakest SAM on market in 2015.[/size]

[size=16pt]Roland 2 version is all weather day and night.....radar works both day and night, a radar is not a daytime only equipment, you are mistaken a sole optical eye sight for a radar system.

Unlucky South African...Roland will kill everything existing in South African air force, day or night.

LOL....these Southies are terrorized by Nigerian Roland o ! Fear catch them shocked shocked

See Nigerian Mr. Roland posing with confidence to shatter South Africa.....

.[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
MikeCZAR:

I dont think he understands what you are saying

To put your words even more simply: Radar looks out - not directly up
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

[size=16pt]Roland 2 version is all weather day and night.....radar works both day and night, a radar is not a daytime only equipment, you are mistaken a sole optical eye sight for a radar system.

Unlucky South African...Roland will kill everything existing in South African air force, day or night.

LOL....these Southies are terrorized by Nigerian Roland o ! Fear catch them shocked shocked

See Nigerian Mr. Roland posing with confidence to shatter South Africa.....

.[/size]

Roland is obsolete trash

Missiles past their expiry date, highly seceptable to saturation attack due to a lack of Battle-Feild managment systems and early warning radar

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

Go ask all the Iranian jets, British jets, and American jets that were easily sh.ot down by Roland missile.

Are you more skillful and intelligent that all those professional NATO jet fighter pilots that were sh.ot down by Roland ?

Show us your own air force pilot credentials please....prove to us your are smarter than the American/British professionals, show us...

You mean:

One obsolete Harrier (out of 155 RAF aircraft involved in the Falklands war)

One sub-sonic A10

A whole 2 planes

Wow - so impressive
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

Envy is your problem.

Roland fired it's 8 missiles against 3 targets and sh.ot down all 3 targets at the same time.....world class performance.

You are back as a navy cook to say anti-aircraft guns are better than anti-aircraft missiles.

So envious of Nigerian Roland you now say SANDF GDF gun is better in that war, show us where GDF gun, one GDF gun alone shot down a jet and 2 bombs at the same time....show us....

Envy is k.illing the navy cook of South Africa, let me rub my Roland photo in your ugly face again this early morning.... shocked shocked

How the united states defeated Roland and other SAM systems in Iraq.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-SAM-Effectiveness.html

Meanwhile. The hawks jet detect the position of your SAMs system at night. It discharge umbani from far distance. How will you stop it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

Envy is your problem.

Nope

Roland fires 8 missiles

Only 3 hit

Thats 37% hit accuracy

Absolutely terrible

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

TECHNICAL SOURCE & CITATION NEEDED FOR THE IMAGINARY LIMITATIONS OF ROLAND RADAR AS SAID BY....YOU....

....maybe you have a Roland radar inside your house and you have personally tested it.
Can't detect a thing above 4500m.

SAAF retired them eons ago.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Only shot down Sub-Sonic fighters.

Precision strikes can take out systems like the Roland SAM.

Unfortunately South African military has NOTHING that can take out a Nigerian Roland.

I proved that ALL your expensive guided bombs will be sh.ot down easily.

Roland only for Sub-sonic fighters?

You just proved that ALL you are saying about Roland is total rubbish comments based on fear, envy, and humiliation.

Roland shot down many supersonic speed jets :

F-5E Tiger

F-4E Phantom

GR-1 Tornado with 2,400 km/hr supersonic speed limit and 1,500 km/hr supersonic speed in attack mode at medium and low level.

Nigerian Roland missile is the king of air defence in all Sub-Saharan Africa today

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
The reason why many countries have dumbed Grandfather Roland is because it is easy to jam. It is not jam resistive at all. Its optical tracking system has to be used only during the day. Currently, the gripen warfare electronic system can jam Roland without any difficulty and give way to hawks which will take it out at far distances. When the radar has been jammed it leaves the gunners with no choice but to use the optical system. Human are not as accurate as the radar.

That is the biggest weakness of Grandfather Roland.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Can't detect a thing above 4500m.

SAAF retired them eons ago.

Roland altitude is 5,500 m.....at that altitude, the enemy jet pilot is blind and CANNOT identify any target on ground with certainty. That is why the war experienced France and Germany that designed Roland set that altitude limit for the radar, those European world powers are smarter people than your 50 million South African dullards.

Show us proof that South Africa had Roland radars....show us proof
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

"Are you more skillful and intelligent that all those professional NATO jet fighter pilots"

If we are talking about 2sqd, then yes we are.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

Unfortunately South African military has NOTHING that can take out a Nigerian Roland.

You just proved that ALL you are saying about Roland is total rubbish comments based on fear, envy, and humiliation.

F-5E Tiger

F-4E Phantom

GR-1 Tornado with 2,400 km/hr supersonic speed limit and 1,500 km/hr supersonic speed in attack mode at medium and low level.

Nigerian Roland missile is the king of air defence in all Sub-Saharan Africa today

Can we please see citations for air kills?

Your Rolands can be defeated by Jamming from SAAF

or by saturation attack from just 6 SAAF aircraft.

If Roland can shoot down guided bombs so easily why was it unable to do so in Iraq where thousands were dropped?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

grin grin grin grin grin

I'll destroy you. There's absolutely no reason why I should provide my credentials to an online troll named augubugubu, whom can't even constructively debate me with facts without throwing ins..ults cool cool cool cool cool

Your missiles are expiring you'll soon reach desperation levels and go buy stand alone systems.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

F-5E Tiger

F-4E Phantom

Agaugu your Roland shot at old generation of Aircraft and it is now outdated. Roland is just an old horse that you cannot trust at all on the race. SAAF has the full capacity to take all tour 16 Roland systems without any fuss.

Engage Roland only at night with the application of EW and see how your Roland will disappoint you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Patchesagain:

Can we please see citations for air kills?

Your are not even ashamed to ask me that question, you that went to Wikipedia to delete Roland war history of shooting down bombs, untill Nigerians disgraced you here publicly.....anointed fraudster.....shame on you.

Go to google and find a list of Roland kills recorded, I won't repeat it for you, I posted it here yesterday along with y.our 'Obituary' .....remember that post the d.emolished you beyond repair yesterday ? The answer to your question is there....fraudster shocked shocked
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

at that altitude, the enemy jet pilot is blind and CANNOT identify any target on ground with certainty.

If this is true why do B52 Stratoforteresses use the same sniper pods as our Gripen?

The B52 operates at around 40 000ft

Also, what are GPS co-ordinates and can bombs be programed to hit them?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

[s]Your are not even ashamed to ask me that question, you that went to Wikipedia to delete Roland war history of shooting down bombs, untill Nigerians disgraced you here publicly.....anointed fraudster.....shame on you.

Go to google and find a list of Roland kills recorded, I won't repeat it for you, I posted it here yesterday along with y.our 'Obituary' .....remember that post the d.emolished you beyond repair yesterday ? The answer to your question is there....fraudster[/s] shocked shocked

Are you still bragging about providing a citation to back your claims?

Well done, for the first time you met the standards that South African posters follow.

Only confirmed kills are one harrier and one A-10

This stands until you provide proof otherwise.

Why are you unable to debate without throwing insults? Does this forum make you that emotional?

You want to talk fraud? Shall i post the list of your lies again?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

Roland altitude is 5,500 m.....at that altitude, the enemy jet pilot is blind and CANNOT identify any target on ground with certainty. That is why the war experienced France and Germany that designed Roland set that altitude limit for the radar, those European world powers are smarter people than your 50 million South African dullards.

Roland will not shoot when he is jammed. It was developed when the new/modern electronic warfare systems were not developed and thus it is not resistive at all.

Your country is currently vulnerable to Air attack. Your Air defence system needs replacement immediately. Angola and even Uganda will rubbish you without any resistance. They will jam your system dude and attack you at night when you will be having zero Air defence system to use.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

Your are not even ashamed to ask me that question, you that went to Wikipedia to delete Roland war history of shooting down bombs, untill Nigerians disgraced you here publicly.....anointed fraudster.....shame on you.

Go to google and find a list of Roland kills recorded, I won't repeat it for you, I posted it here yesterday along with y.our 'Obituary' .....remember that post the d.emolished you beyond repair yesterday ? The answer to your question is there....fraudster shocked shocked

Roland will only shoot at gliding bombs but not free falling bombs. That I bet. How will it shoot when the radar malfunctioning? Even any jet with free falling bombs will kill it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
Patchesagain:

Ok, so you have shown that the Roland can shoot down bombs. I was wrong. Unlike you, I am a man and I can freely admit that.

Now we can continue the argument:

Its hit ratio is 3/8

Thats a 37% hit rate.

You only have 16 Rolands of the Roland 2 category (not the shelter based launcher with the 10 second reload)

So that means that before it has to be manually reloaded each Roland can fire only 2 missiles.

16 times 2 is 32 - you can fire 32 missiles before you have to stop to reload.

37% of 32 is 11.

You will likely only hit 11 targets in one attack. South Africa has 50 PGM's imported from the US and unknown quantities of glide bombs.

Each Gripen can carry 5 PGM's and each Hawk can carry 5 PGM's.

This means that an attack by 3 Gripen and 3 Hawks will overwhelm your air-defences.

This means that in a single-strike with just 6 Aircraft we can destroy all of your Rolands and leave you completely naked.

"Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics"

Your Rolands cannot shoot down South African jets flying at 6km.

Finally, who says they are even operational? You purchased them in the 1980's and have bought no new missiles... Iraq purchased theirs at the same time and their missiles expired in 2003.

Finally, your central claim is that you are a military researcher - its what gives your claims substance. Now, you have to prove you are - because, if you are not a military researcher then your post is nothing but opinion

I need only 2 points to demolish your garbage post above :

1. Nigerian Roland missiles are still active, displayed as missiles in service during public parade in 2013 Nigerian army days celebration, photos were posted here many times. NA has 300 Roland missiles combat ready today.

2. You cannot be flying Gripen jets and Hawk jets into Nigerian airspace and assume that Nigerian air force will be sleeping at home, not only you have an air force to use on an enemy's ground army, the enemy air force too will fly and challenge you air to air.

F-7 jets = 11 units
Alpha jets....both French upgrade of 2013 and American upgrade of 2015 = 20 units
MBB 339 jets = 12 units
L-39 jets = 18 units

NAF will meet SAAF air to air with Nigeria's 60 jet fighters, we have a very active air force today, battle-tested fearless pilots !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
mzilakazi:

Meanwhile. The hawks jet detect the position of your SAMs system at night.

It discharge umbani from far distance. How will you stop it?

Fail !!!

Hawk jets have NO radar to detect ground targets.

You fail grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

1. Nigerian Roland missiles are still active, displayed as missiles in service during public parade in 2013 Nigerian army days celebration, photos were posted here many times. NA has 300 Roland missiles combat ready today.

2. You cannot be flying Gripen jets and Hawk jets into Nigerian airspace and assume that Nigerian air force will be sleeping at home, not only you have an air force to use on an enemy's ground army, the enemy air force too will fly and challenge you air to air.

F-7 jets = 11 units
Alpha jets....both French upgrade of 2013 and American upgrade of 2015 = 20 units
MBB 339 jets = 12 units
L-39 jets = 18 units

NAF will meet SAAF in the air with Nigeria's 60 jet fighters, we have a very active air force today, tested and fearless pilots !

That does not change the fact that Roland is an old horse. Poverty has caused you to hold on to it for longer than you should. Gripen will kill that thing without any difficulty.

It will first start to attack it electronically to disengage its radar signal by sending false information. The gunner will now be in trouble as he will now be forced to track gripen manually. That's where the trouble will start?

Unfortunately, there is no single jet that can challenge gripen in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
Patchesagain:

Are you still bragging about providing a citation to back your claims?

Well done, for the first time you met the standards that South African posters follow.

Only confirmed kills are one harrier and one A-10

This stands until you provide proof otherwise.

Why are you unable to debate without throwing insults? Does this forum make you that emotional?

You want to talk fraud? Shall i post the list of your lies again?

Go back to page 2099 of yesterday, everybody saw that post that wrecked Patrick Of Gauteng beyond repair.

The list of Roland's jet aircraft victims is there, and Gripen/Hawk jets will join the list if you dare Nigeria.

Crime does not pay, avoid manipulating the truth on this forum, because you don't know the length I can go to prove you are a fraud
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
FighterPilot:

That does not change the fact that Roland is an old horse. Poverty has caused you to hold on to it for longer than you should. Gripen will kill that thing without any difficulty.

It will first start to attack it electronically to disengage its radar signal by sending false information. The gunner will now be trouble as he will now be forced to track gripen manually. That's where the trouble will start?

Send that your message to :

Iranian air force

British Royal air force

They are waiting to mock your foolish ideas, based on their bitter experience in the jaws and claws of Roland
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

Crime does not pay, avoid manipulating the truth on this forum, because you don't know the length I can go to prove you are a fraud

- Su30
- Super Tucano's
- 150 T55's
- Missile armed OPV's
- Otomat Mk2
- T80 Oplot
- FH77 B05 L52

Sorry... you said something about fraud?

You didnt prove I was a fraud, I asked you for a citation and for once you posted it. I am quite amazed that you actually substantiated your claims for once.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

So?

Glide bombs like the Al tariq/Umbani and Spice 250 systems offer fully autonomous capabilities.

Planners can pre-load mission or target specific information like images, attack angle, direction into prior to leaving the ground. The target position or information can be updated during flight using a data link.

Meaning it can change direction and target angles.

It is released outside surface to air defended and radar covered areas. Released like 100km away.

Once in the terminal phase it can compare its live seeker images to what was loaded.

If say they know a certain radar with an altitude of 4500km is stationed along its way it can bypass that. Or glide a high altitude.

If that radar is the target it can drop straight above it, outside its coverage and destroy it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

[s]F-7 jets = 11 units
MBB 339 jets = 12 units
L-39 jets = 18 units

NAF will meet SAAF in the air with Nigeria's 60 jet fighters, we have a very active air force today, tested and fearless pilots ![/s]

1. Parading missiles does not mean they are operational. Iraq bought theirs at the same time as you and theirs expired in 2003.

2. You will be sleeping since you have no air-defence radar to detect us.

Sorry... I thought you had valid points? Where are they?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
agaugust:

Fail !!!

Hawk jets have NO radar to detect ground targets.

You fail grin grin

You are right.

They dont have radar.

But they have link-ZA to feed them targetting data.

Umbani can be pre-programmed with targets and be launched independantly of targetting data.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
MikeCZAR:
So?

Glide bombs like the Al tariq/Umbani and Spice 250 systems offer fully autonomous capabilities.

Planners can pre-load mission or target specific information like images, attack angle, direction into prior to leaving the ground. The target position or information can be updated during flight using a data link.

Meaning it can change direction and target angles.

It is released outside surface to air defended and radar covered areas. Released like 100km away.

Once in the terminal phase it can compare its live seeker images to what was loaded.

If say they know a certain radar with an altitude of 4500km is stationed along its way it can bypass that. Or glide a high altitude.

If that radar is the target it can drop straight above it, outside its coverage and destroy it.

Is that the answer to my question? Are you siick ?

You said South Africa had the same radar as Roland some time ago, I said post the proof with a source, instead you are telling stories again, same old stories you have been repeating like a defeated retaard.

Show us proof of your claim that SANDF had the same Roland radar ...show us weblink sources now !

(1) (2) (3) ... (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.