Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,286 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4428465 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:57am On May 25, 2015
xwolverine:

I bet you didn't read the report. You saw the sensational headline and rushed to post it here without reading.

According to AFP "Scores of Islamist militants in trucks and on motorcycles stormed the town of Gubio, 95 kilometres (60 miles) by road north of the state capital, Maiduguri, on Sat"

How does 90km north of Maiduguri, equate to Maiduguri?

It's a shame your wish for a defeated Nigeria can't come to pass, as the terrorists were dislodged immediately. Now you can run along, no news here.

I am not interested in the distance or the place since I don't know Nigeria. All I wanted to highlight was the attack, proving that BH is still alive and kicking.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:00am On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

Hey fool, we aren't only talking about engine.

The Rooivalk's engine, technology, components and sub components are all french.

There is nothing South-African about that Helicopter.

Bwahahahahaha… oh my stomach will kill me.

South Africa is the champion of avionics in the world, even our gripen' s were proudly integrated with South African made electronic hardwares. SA companies win tenders every year to fit foreigners sorties with SA made avionics. Why would we let the French do that for us.

SA avitronics fit the British gripens with SA proudly made avionics

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=131117

That's a lie. The Rooivalk electronic avionics and weapons system are all proudly South African and that's why Denel has the right of ownership. Don't let jealousy to cloud your sound judgement.

Man, don't take SA cheap and try to compare it with Nigeria that only start to experience the world of manufacturing now. SA has years of technological developments and is just far from Nigeria in terms of technology. We have over hundred defence companies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:17am On May 25, 2015
FighterPilot:

Bwahahahahaha… oh my stomach will kill me.

South Africa is the champion of avionics in the world, even our gripen' s were proudly integrated with South African made electronic hardwares. SA companies win tenders every year to fit foreigners sorties with SA made avionics. Why would we let the French do that for us.

SA aviotronics fit the British gripens with SA proudly made avionics

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=131117

That's a lie. The Rooivalk electronic avionics and weapons system are all proudly South African and that's why Denel has the right of ownership. Don't let jealousy to cloud your sound judgement.

The Avionics in the Half-French AH is 30 years behind anything available in the market.

It is an obsolete piece of crap, roundly rejected.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:25am On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

The Avionics in the Half-French AH is 30 years behind anything available in the market.

It is an obsolete piece of crap, roundly rejected.

Again, you are showing your ignorance. The Rooivalk that you see today us brand new with electronic hardwares, weapons systems and engines. Brand new is the word. Don't confuse it with the older version of Rooivalk.

Meanwhile, the gripen NG softwares and avionics are proudly made by South Africans. Dummy!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:28am On May 25, 2015
FighterPilot:

Again, you are showing your ignorance. The Rooivalk that you see today us brand new with electronic hardwares, weapons systems and engines. Brand new is the word. Don't confuse it with the older version of Rooivalk.

The Half-french has Avionics that are 30 years behind what is available today. The software is obsolete. This is a fact.

That French Helicopter failed right from the word "go".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

The Half-french has Avionics that are 30 years behind what is available today. The software is obsolete. This is a fact.

That French Helicopter failed right from the word "go".

You are mad boy. Jealousy is the disease that affected your brain to function healthy. Go and see psychologist now or else you will pick the papers on the streets.

Ladies and gentlemen, I reveal to you the new Rooivalk Mk1 from 2011. All with new systems.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-04-04-rooivalk-the-next-generation-mark-1/#.VWL_NjPRY8o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2015
In one year six months from today, denel will announce the resuscitation of the production of the new Rooivalk. The new gunship which will sweep the world by storm. Denel is currently researching about the best electronic warfare never seen before in the world to be possibly integrated on this system. This time around Denel will succeed and shall not fail. It shall overcome all the enemies and prosper. Amen.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38986:denel-exploring-rooivalk-programme-restart&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

Your MK1F standard is still 30 years behind what is currently available. It is still obsolete.
Nice opinion bro
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

The Oryx has a fuselage that is longer than that of the Puma but shorter than that of the Super Puma, and was fitted with the powerplants, dynamics systems, and tail boom of the Super Puma (later, military versions of the Super Puma were redesignated Cougar).

This proves beyond all doubt that your medium lift Helicopter is a Super-Puma. Giving it a medium sized fuselage and a name change does nothing to change this fact.
Nope it proved beyond all doubt that it definitely isn't a Supe Puma, it has 30% better performance and different avionics and EW kit than the Super Puma
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 25, 2015
FighterPilot:

You are mad boy. Jealousy is the disease that affected your brain to function healthy. Go and see psychologist now or else you will pick the papers on the streets.

Ladies and gentlemen, I reveal to you the new Rooivalk Mk1 from 2011. All with new systems.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-04-04-rooivalk-the-next-generation-mark-1/#.VWL_NjPRY8o

South-Africans are obsessed with Nigerian D1cks..... LOL gringringringringringrin...... I mean WTF!!!!!

One could almost have imagined President Jacob Zuma saying to the other African countries (Nigeria especially), “We’re the only country on the continent to build our own bad-ass ships. We’re the only country on the continent that can deploy soldiers and support aircraft anywhere on the continent. So who is your daddy?”

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

SAAF flies a Super Puma. My evidence proves this fact you r3tard!

Your French AH was rejected by Australia, Malaysia, Turkey, the U.K and host of other countries. It is an obsolete piece of crap built with avionics that are over 30 years old.

I like how you cowardly South-Africans have gone from blaming the Americans, to blaming the Turks, now to blaming the Original aircraft manufacturer, France!!! That's progress.
Saaf flies the Oryx

It only lost 1 bid and that was for the Turkish AH programme

I never blamed the Americans or the Turks.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

SAAF AH is an obsolete French Helicopter, running on 30 years old avionics.

Same as your medium lift Super-Puma.
Nope Roovalk have been upgraded to mk1f standard.

Saaf flies the Oryx,which are being upgraded under project Drummer 2 as we speak.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

South-Africans are obsessed with Nigerian D1cks..... LOL gringringringringringrin...... I mean WTF!!!!!

One could almost have imagined President Jacob Zuma saying to the other African countries (Nigeria especially), “We’re the only country on the continent to build our own bad-ass ships. We’re the only country on the continent that can deploy soldiers and support aircraft anywhere on the continent. So who is your daddy?”

Oops, I hope that was when Nigeria resolved before west African community summit that SA should never become party to Ivory Coast crisis.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 25, 2015
FighterPilot:

Thanks for posting this link. It proves my point.

The Rooivalk has 30 years old obsolete avionics.

It’s been given a slight upgrade, incorporating “modifications to the weapons systems, avionics and airborne systems”.

"The chief of the South African Air Force General Carlo Gagiano said, “What is new is the Mokopa missile, which was test-fired at the Overberg range"

The only thing new is the mokopa missile which the SAAF still hasn't ordered!

Your Half-French AH is obsolete piece of crap with 30 years old avionics!! buhahahahahahaha....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 25, 2015
FighterPilot:

Oops, I hope that was when Nigeria resolved before west African community summit that SA should never become party to Ivory Coast crisis.

Why are you South-Africans obsessed with Nigerian C0cks?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 25, 2015
jln115:

Nope Roovalk have been upgraded to mk1f standard.

Saaf flies the Oryx,which are being upgraded under project Drummer 2 as we speak.

Your MK1 is still obsolete. Fighterpilot's link proves it only features slight uprades from the original obsolete Avionics.

"Thanks for posting this link. It proves my point.

It’s been given a slight upgrade, incorporating “modifications to the weapons systems, avionics and airborne systems”.

"The chief of the South African Air Force General Carlo Gagiano said, “What is new is the Mokopa missile, which was test-fired at the Overberg range"

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 25, 2015
jln115:

Saaf flies the Oryx

It only lost 1 bid and that was for the Turkish AH programme

I never blamed the Americans or the Turks.

The South-Africans before you did! From syndergp -Andrewza - patches689, KGr28- mikeza (now Czar)- saengine - thiza -RZA-dievuilt - mzikazli- figherpilot -saengine - dictatorza -johnza- greenand gold .......... And a host of other Sans I can't recall.

You on the other hand have only graduated to blaming the French.

Progress!!!

Australia, malaysia, indonesia, brazil, UK, turkey, jordan etc etc all rejected the Rooivalk.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

The South-Africans before you did! From syndergp -Andrewza - patches689, KGr28- mikeza (now Czar)- saengine - thiza -RZA-dievuilt - mzikazli- figherpilot -saengine - dictatorza -johnza- greenand gold .......... And a host of other Sans I can't recall.

Progress!!!

Australia, malaysia, indonesia, brazil, UK, turkey, jordan etc etc all rejected the Rooivalk.

What surprises me is that they now want it like hell. They keep on bombarding Pretoria with endless calls.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 25, 2015
jln115:

Nope it proved beyond all doubt that it definitely isn't a Supe Puma, it has 30% better performance and different avionics and EW kit than the Super Puma

Buhahahahahaha.......

South-Africa got all dynamic systems, engines, components , sub-components from the Super-Puma, chose a medium sized fuselage and gave it a name change. Buhahahahahaha.......

What sort of black magic engineering is that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 25, 2015
FighterPilot:

What surprises me is that they now want it like hell. They keep on bombarding Pretoria with endless calls.

No, they do not!!

Australia got the Apache AH-64D
U.K also got the Apache AH-64D
Brazil went for the MI-35M (beautiful choice)
Turkey got the Super Advanced T-129 Atak
Malaysia also got the Apache AH-64

Nobody is calling pretoria, not even the SAAF which has only 10 in active service wants that obsolete French AH.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:50pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

Buhahahahahaha.......

South-Africa got all dynamic systems, engines, components , sub-components from the Super-Puma, chose a medium sized fuselage and gave it a name change. Buhahahahahaha.......

Yes the first rooovalk was reverse engineered from the Super Puma but the new Rooivalk AH and later NG mark 1 is nothing like the Super Puma. It is very different and you can never conclude that it is Super-Puma. In fact most gunships in the world were inspired by another platform.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

No, they do not!!

Australia got the Apache AH-64D
U.K also got the Apache AH-64D
Brazil went for the MI-35M (beautiful choice)
Turkey got the Super Advanced T-129 Atak
Malaysia also got the Apache AH-64

Nobody is calling pretoria, not even the SAAF which has only 10 in active service wants that obsolete French AH.

Correction please!!! SAAF has 11 Rooivalk in service. Pretoria has been bombarded by calls from interested countries looking for Rooivalk after its excellent performance in DRC.

About 11 SAAF rooivalks.

The Rooivalk was made to be a tank-buster first and foremost (and still
is), but the range of services it can deliver has been widened to that of a
combat support aircraft as well, to incorporate peacekeeping missions,
according to Gagiano. The air force chief wouldn’t be drawn on where
the Rooivalk might be deployed on missions (they will be based at 16th
Squadron in Bloemfontein), but we said he would be more than chuffed
to put these magnificent aircraft into the field when needed. Just as soon
as he has all 11 of them. “Well, if they ask me to deploy all 11 aircraft
obviously I can’t comply, but if they say four or five, then I think that it
is a great opportunity not just for the Air Force, but for the whole
country to be proud,” Gagiano said.

He said this because at that time he only had five upgraded Rooivalks and still waiting for 6 more to come later. That's why he said if they ask him for all 11 gunships he won't comply as he had only five. Dummy!!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

Your MK1 is still obsolete. Fighterpilot's link proves it only features slight uprades from the original obsolete Avionics.

"Thanks for posting this link. It proves my point.

Uhm...if the Rooivalk is obsolete, how do you classify your mi35s? please remember that the Rooivalk outperformed the Mi35 in the DRC.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

Progress!!!

I don't give a fvck what other people said, I blamed Eurocopter for their refusal to supply Denel with engine parts.

Secondly it was only rejected by Turkey.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 25, 2015
jln115:

Uhm...if the Rooivalk is obsolete, how do you classify your mi35s? please remember that the Rooivalk outperformed the Mi35 in the DRC.

Nigeria flies the MI-35M, as well as up-graded MI-24v's and older MI-35p and 24V's. We fly top of the range birds.

The only reason Nigeria wants the T-129 is because the MI-35M doesn't allow network connectivity.

Your Half-french is obsolete piece of crap, this is a fact. You Poor gullible South-Africans should stop living in denial.

Your Rooivalk with a 2KM range cannon carried out operations in conjunction with the MI-35 helicopters. Bear in mind, the MI-35 Helicopters are the much much older variants.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

Buhahahahahaha.......

Different size, deferent avionics, different EW kit, different performance = different helicopter.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 25, 2015
jln115:

I don't give a fvck what other people said, I blamed Eurocopter for their refusal to supply Denel with engine parts.

Secondly it was only rejected by Turkey.

Cursing doesn't make your Rooivalk less obsolete!!

No, Denel uses not only engine parts, but entire dynamic systems, components and Sub-components from france.

It was rejected by Turkey, malaysia, UK, Australia, Brazil, and a host of other countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 1:27pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

Nigeria flies the MI-35M, as well as up-graded MI-24v's and older MI-35p and 24V's. We fly top of the range birds.

The only reason Nigeria wants the T-129 is because the MI-35M doesn't allow network connectivity.

Your Half-french is obsolete piece of crap, this is a fact. You Poor gullible South-Africans should stop living in denial.

Your Rooivalk with a 2KM range cannon carried out operations in conjunction with the MI-35 helicopters. Bear in mind, the MI-35 Helicopters are the much much older variants.

The Rooivalk is undoubtedly the modern gunship. Like it or not with upgraded weapons systems.

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/DenelCorporate/PressRelease.php?StoryID=239031
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 25, 2015
jln115:

Different size, deferent avionics, different EW kit, different performance = different helicopter.

You fly the Super-Puma. The only difference is South-Africa Super-Puma got a name change and a medium sized fuselage.

Nigeria also flies the Super-Puma, we have 18 in service, but 6-8 are operational. You don't see us changing the name of our Super-Pumas because they now carry rocket tubes.

Embrace it, South-Africa flies the Super-puma.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 25, 2015
FighterPilot:

The Rooivalk is undoubtedly the modern gunship. Like it or not with upgraded weapons systems.

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/DenelCorporate/PressRelease.php?StoryID=239031

With 30 years old avionics...... Buhahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2015
Henry120:

You fly the Super-Puma. The only difference is South-Africa Super-Puma got a name change and a medium sized fuselage.

Nigeria also flies the Super-Puma, we have 18 in service, but 6-8 are operational. You don't see us changing the name of our Super-Pumas because they now carry rocket tubes.

Embrace it, South-Africa flies the Super-puma.

Where in the world would you find Super Puma that looks like Rooivalk MK1?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.