Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4439463 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:16pm On May 29, 2015
Henry120:

He has now gone into full attack Henry mode!!!

Let me remind you, personal attacks on me doesn't make your Half-French Rooivalk less obsolete.

It was obsolete before your attacks, obsolete during your attacks and still obsolete after them.

Go cry to your government.

Henry, why do you avoid the real content of the post?

Why do you allways avoid a discussion about the capabilities of the platform?

It doesnt matter how old the platform is when it has the same capabilities as others in its category and is dramatically better than anything you have.

The Rooivalk could run on steam and potatoes - and it is still better than anything you have or ever will have.

And what makes it even better is that we built and designed it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

Henry

Your "citations" are one outdated opinion piece and one Janes artical that you interpreted in a very particular way and that at the same time can be interpreted in a very different way by others.

As usual, you have made a big fuss by reposting the same trash over and over again.

The age of sub-systems is irrelevant when they provide capabilities that YOUR platforms do not have and when those capabilities match those of platforms such as the ATAK

Our "obsolete" Rooivalk is still better than your brand new Hind M... is that why you are so desperate to attack the Rooivalk? Is it the fact that we build better platforms than you can afford to buy?

Your complete and utter obsession (you have dedicated a whole week of your life to the Rooivalk) demonstrates that you have some major emotional hangups over the platform.

Again, I say:

1. Buy a platform with similar or better capabilities to the Rooivalk
2. Design and built an attack helicopter with simular capabilities to the Rooivalk

Then you can comment on the Rooivalk. You have not earned the right to critique it, no basis for attacking it - you can pull it down all you want, it is still better than anything in your arsenal and decades ahead of anything in Southern Africa

And that, is what is important.

Emotions!!!!!

Buhahahahahahahahahaha.....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:19pm On May 29, 2015
Henry120:

Emotions!!!!!

Buhahahahahahahahahaha.....

I see that you are still unable to respond to the actual content of my post.

The simple, undeniable, fact remains: Age of Rooivalk sub-systems are irrelevant when we have a platform with capabilities that you do not have.

Attack it all you want, it remains the best attack helicopter South of the North African states - and its pretty close to what they have.

I remind you for the umpteenth time - the age of subsystems is irrelevant, this is a discussion about capabilities.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:30pm On May 29, 2015
After much irritation, I have decided to compare the Hind-M and the Rooivalk so that there is a permanent record of their capabilities on this forum>

Rooivalk in blue

Hind in Green

From the same source

Rooivalk Specifications:

Thales TopOwl Helmets
- A Thales Avionics TopOwl helmet-mounted sight display (HMSD) provides the crew with a head-up display of information for nap-of-the-earth flight (NOE).
- TopOwl incorporates an integrated measurement system for directing an articulated weapon such as the cannon, or air-to-air missile seeker heads (look to kill capabilities).

Hind-M does not have any-such system

Electronic Warfare and countermeasures
- Rooivalk's electronic warfare suite is the fully integrated helicopter electronic warfare self-protection suite (HEWSPS)
- incorporates: radar warning, laser warning and countermeasures dispensing system.
- The system is flight-line programmable and in-flight adaptable to match the threat library with the mission's area of operation.
-radar warner features low-effective radiated power (ERP) / pulse Doppler radar detection beyond radar detection range, ultra broadband frequency coverage, high pulse density handling and internal instantaneous frequency measurement.
- laser warner provides broadband laser frequency coverage to detect and display rangefinding, designating and missile guidance laser threats.
- the countermeasures dispensing system, which is operated in manual, semi-automatic or fully automatic mode, is charged with chaff and flare cartridges.

The countermeasures suite of Mi-35M includes a radar warning receiver, a laser range finder and a location finder, chaff and flare launch system, infrared (IR) jamming system and engine-exhaust IR suppressor.

TDATS (Target detection, acquisition and tracking)

- The TDATS sight is equipped with a low-level television sensor
- Forward-looking infrared (FLIR)
- autotracker
- laser rangefinder
- laser designator.

Navigation
- Doppler radar velocity sensor
- Thales Avionics eight-channel global positioning system
- heading sensor unit and an air data unit.

Communication
- two VHF/UHF transceivers with FM, AM with digital speech processing
- one HF radio with frequency hopping
- secure voice and data channels
- and an IFF transponder.

The helicopter is equipped with an OPS-24N surveillance-and-sighting station, a television channel, a GPS-guided navigation system and an optional non-Russian radio station.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/rooivalk/
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/mi-35m-hind-e/

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:10pm On May 29, 2015
[size=16pt]
Patchesagain:

Hahahhahaha

You have been forced to eat your words!!

You did not know the range of your own vessel!!

The only fraudster here is you!! Yesterday you claimed that the warrior class did not outrange your Opv!! If you knew your OPVs range was 3000nm why did you say that!

Warrior class Opv outranges your Opv

End of story

Story has just begun !

I said Warrior class does not outrange P18N OPV because it is impossible for a small boat to stay at sea longer than a long endurance OPV.

Warrior class OPV carries fuel for 3,600 miles, but CANNOT stay at sea on voyage after 10 days, ENDURANCE limit.

Notice that I have corrected your Warrior class OPV range, its maximum 3,600 miles not 4,000 miles as you fraudulently claim !

P18N OPV carries fuel for 3,000 miles, but can stay at sea on voyage for 20 days, ENDURANCE limit.

Extra fuel in a ship's tank is useless once the time endurance at sea is ended, no more survival for the crew ! They die !

P18N can patrol around Gulf of Guinea for 20 days non-stop, Warrior class will patrol for ONLY 10 days and run back home grin grin

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=454

The power of an OPV is sustainable patrol time at sea, not extra fuel range when the sailors can no longer survive and ship engine must rest and CANNOT work continuously.

P18N 20 days max at sea

Warrior boat 10 days max at sea

That is why I said the P18N outranges the Warrior class, we double your endurance patrol time at sea. Proved !

No wonder South Africa is crying for project Biro, trying to become like Nigeria, them wanna be like us grin grin

You are the fraudster who said yesterday that P18N range is 2,000 miles, I demanded source and you changed story to 3,000 miles....Fraud, thief, Liar grin grin

[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:11pm On May 29, 2015
Henry120:

The Navy's role is the protect a Nation against any territorial threats from the sea.
The navy provides naval warfare forces or capability.

Your navy can't protect Nigerian against a hostile forces.

You know! You can't take the ZA on!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:15pm On May 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

So now you are saying your OPVs cannot defeat a frigate?

Yes, I proved it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:18pm On May 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

What is the effectiveness of the launcher?

100%

What is the effectiveness of the Exocet missile?

100% ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:20pm On May 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

What is The effectiveness of the chaff launcher?

I will not entertain your argument until you provide stats

What is the effectiveness of the Exocet missile?

I will not entertain your argument until you provide stats
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:27pm On May 29, 2015
MikeCZAR:
So?

The Valour Class frigates can do such!

Stopping to replenish along the way or use the navy replenishment ship if stopping isn't required.

Bwahahaaha grin grin

Blue water South African navy has to stop along the way around Africa and beg for food, fuel, drinking water, soap to bath etc from Nigeria to help them sail around Africa.....fake blue water navy !

Nigerian navy will sail around Africa non-stop ! No begging for help !

NNS Thunder sea voyage endurance 45 days

SAS Amatola Valour frigate sea voyage endurance at sea 28 days

Now who is the real blue water navy that can sail round all coastal nations of Africa non-stop without help ? Nigerian navy !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:31pm On May 29, 2015
MikeCZAR:
For weeks?

Citation needed on the food carrying capacity of your old cutter?

And along does a voyage take around Africa take?

NNS Thunder is Hamiliton class OPV, endurance at sea is 45 days, repeated here since 2012 with citations. Google it.

South African navy is inferior grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:36pm On May 29, 2015
MikeCZAR:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

The navy's role is to fight at sea not patrol.

What decoys? If decoys were effective navies wouldn't be investing expensive in SAM(s) and CIWS.

The navy's role is not to patrol? So why is South Africa using warrior class as OPV and crying for new OPV on project Biro?

Yes anti-missile decoys launched by Nigerian P18N OPV built to defeat all enemy anti-ship missiles.

If decoys were not effective, navies won't be investing in advanced decoys like our own.

I have shocked you guys with Nigerian PJ-24 anti-missile decoy shocked shocked
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2015
patches689:

The Hind in particular?

NOE flight

Fit on a warship

a backflip

hover in combat

advanced evasive maneuvers (hind will cut its own tail off if it tries
lol... You crack me up, u your ignorance is spectacular. So this is your tactical advantage?. For the sake of argument lemme indulge you.

*NAF hind has exhibited NOE flying, take it or leave nobody cares.
* that depends on the size of the warship, if a sea-king, superpuma, v-22 osprey, NH19, MI-17 e.t.c can fit in warships so would the hind. Please stop disgracing your country.
*a backflip WTF! are you kidding me? What do you use that for in real combat? A hind can do barrel rolls for christ sake.
*hover in combat.... All helicopters hover, thats why its fvcking called a helicopter. Go back to primary school bro...
*advance evasive maneovers... So there is evasive maneovers and there is advanced evasive maneovers? A chopper isnt really fast compare to figter jets thats why you have flares and chaffs to confuse the SAM or enemy aircraft missiles... BTW if your helicopter comes in contact with enemy fighter jet then you've screwed up big time during your planning... So dude actually theres really no such tactical advantage here. Go back to kindergarten.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:44pm On May 29, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Citation needed.

Already proved on this forum many times.

P18N 76 mm gun range 10 km effective

Valour frigate 76mm gun range 8 km effective.

NN will sink SAN at sea, Nigeria is the real blue water king ! tongue tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:46pm On May 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

Prove it

Liar

No, you prove that France sold more Exocet missiles to South Africa in secret, hidden by France from United Nations reporting law.

Prove your secret extra missiles .

Liar !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:49pm On May 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

Hence it is not a navy but a coast guard

Coast guards don't buy anti-ship missiles and torpedoes whether active or in reserve.

Meanwhile, I have proved Nigerian OPV will sink Valour frigate
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:51pm On May 29, 2015
Henry120:

He has now gone into full attack Henry mode!!!

Let me remind you, personal attacks on me doesn't make your Half-French Rooivalk less obsolete.

It was obsolete before your attacks, obsolete during your attacks and still obsolete after them.

Go cry to your government.

Rooivalk, LOL....Obsolete flying tin can. The computers failed during Nap Of Earth flight and crashed in broad daylight grin grin

11 obsolete helicopters, they even have only 11 units to defend a country bigger than Nigerian land size. How will they cover their territory?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 3:53pm On May 29, 2015
patches689:

Are you saying sales are an indication of the quality of a product?

Please say yes
first of all the MI-24 hind are a class of helicopter which are used for airborne assault, anti tank, anti aircraft, anti bunker etc it was always meant to work in teams, it is effective, reliable, affordable and has heavy firepower (unlike your half French), so quantity is a quality on its own... Therefore if everybody is buying the hind and nobody is looking at yours then something is wrong with your rooivalk

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:53pm On May 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

I remind you for the umpteenth time - the age of subsystems is irrelevant, this is a discussion about capabilities.

....but you said Nigerian NNS Thunder is having old subsystems, so age is not relevant again ? #Self-Defeat grin grin

It's been a bad week for our South African friends on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:58pm On May 29, 2015
Patchesagain:
After much irritation, I have decided to compare the Hind-M and the Rooivalk so that there is a permanent record of their capabilities on this forum>

Rooivalk in blue

Hind in Green

From the same source

Rooivalk Specifications:

Thales TopOwl Helmets
- A Thales Avionics TopOwl helmet-mounted sight display (HMSD) provides the crew with a head-up display of information for nap-of-the-earth flight (NOE).
- TopOwl incorporates an integrated measurement system for directing an articulated weapon such as the cannon, or air-to-air missile seeker heads (look to kill capabilities).

Hind-M does not have any-such system

Electronic Warfare and countermeasures
- Rooivalk's electronic warfare suite is the fully integrated helicopter electronic warfare self-protection suite (HEWSPS)
- incorporates: radar warning, laser warning and countermeasures dispensing system.
- The system is flight-line programmable and in-flight adaptable to match the threat library with the mission's area of operation.
-radar warner features low-effective radiated power (ERP) / pulse Doppler radar detection beyond radar detection range, ultra broadband frequency coverage, high pulse density handling and internal instantaneous frequency measurement.
- laser warner provides broadband laser frequency coverage to detect and display rangefinding, designating and missile guidance laser threats.
- the countermeasures dispensing system, which is operated in manual, semi-automatic or fully automatic mode, is charged with chaff and flare cartridges.

The countermeasures suite of Mi-35M includes a radar warning receiver, a laser range finder and a location finder, chaff and flare launch system, infrared (IR) jamming system and engine-exhaust IR suppressor.

TDATS (Target detection, acquisition and tracking)

- The TDATS sight is equipped with a low-level television sensor
- Forward-looking infrared (FLIR)
- autotracker
- laser rangefinder
- laser designator.

Navigation
- Doppler radar velocity sensor
- Thales Avionics eight-channel global positioning system
- heading sensor unit and an air data unit.

Communication
- two VHF/UHF transceivers with FM, AM with digital speech processing
- one HF radio with frequency hopping
- secure voice and data channels
- and an IFF transponder.

The helicopter is equipped with an OPS-24N surveillance-and-sighting station, a television channel, a GPS-guided navigation system and an optional non-Russian radio station.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/rooivalk/
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/mi-35m-hind-e/

[size=20pt] You forgot to quote where your source says :

Mi-35M Hind year 2005 helicopter modern State-Of-The-Art Avionics

Rooivalk is NOT state-of-the art....it's not modern.....it's obsolete.

Now that is the difference !
[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 4:44pm On May 29, 2015
agaugust:

[size=20pt]

Bwahahahaaha grin grin

I am smarter than you are, so I forced you to eat your own words.

Now Patches has h.umiliated himself, you said before that the P18N range is 2,000 miles.....

Trust a Nigerian, a smarter nation to force a dull nation South African to commit s.uicide here grin grin

I knew the range is 3,000 miles for P18N, the source you used is the same source from which I got the decoy launchers/anti-missile.....Navy Recognition website, I set you up to trap yourself, and you fell flat for it !

So why did you cut down the Nigerian OPV range from 3,000 miles to 2,000 miles yesterday? Do you know that you have now confirmed yourself as an anointed fraudster? The whole forum now sees you Patches as a liar, fraud, thief !

Am I done with you now? No. More humiliation for y.ou Patches, let a military researcher from Great Nigeria teach you about sea warfare.

Now you say SAN Warrior class boat out-ranges NN P18N OPV, you are very wrong !

Learn now office worker Patrick, learn from Augustine defense industry worker, the son of Naija land, Nigeria the great :

Warship operational performance is NOT determined by miles of range, rather, sea voyage is determined by ENDURANCE days at sea !

South African Warrior boat endurance at sea = 10 days

Nigerian P18N OPV ship endurance at sea = 20 days

Means the SAN boat has only half time to survive at sea, the Nigerian OPV has double time to operate at sea.

Nigerian navy OPV is far superior to South African toy OPV only good for a swimming pool tongue tongue

SOURCE :

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/year-2014-news/november-2014-navy-naval-forces-maritime-industry-technology-security-global-news/2210-china-delivers-first-p18n-offshore-patrol-vessel-to-nigerian-navy.html

Now bow down to Nigeria for educating South Africa again as usual....we own you !

[/size]
dis SA zombies can be funny... Comparing a gunboat cum opv with a real stealth opv.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:39pm On May 29, 2015
How to sink an OPV 101

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 7:52pm On May 29, 2015
saengine:
How to sink an OPV 101
that's how to sink a sub...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 9:36pm On May 29, 2015
lionel4power:
that's how to sink a sub...

Which Nigeria doesnt have. Next best option...OPV
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:11pm On May 29, 2015
agaugust:

Bwahahaaha grin grin

Blue water South African navy has to stop along the way around Africa and beg for food, fuel, drinking water, soap to bath etc from Nigeria to help them sail around Africa.....fake blue water navy !

Nigerian navy will sail around Africa non-stop ! No begging for help !

NNS Thunder sea voyage endurance 45 days

SAS Amatola Valour frigate sea voyage endurance at sea 28 days

Now who is the real blue water navy that can sail round all coastal nations of Africa non-stop without help ? Nigerian navy !
Prove it!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:12pm On May 29, 2015
agaugust:

NNS Thunder is Hamiliton class OPV, endurance at sea is 45 days, repeated here since 2012 with citations. Google it.

South African navy is inferior grin grin
Stripped down Hamilton cutter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:18pm On May 29, 2015
agaugust:

The navy's role is not to patrol? So why is South Africa using warrior class as OPV and crying for new OPV on project Biro?

Yes anti-missile decoys launched by Nigerian P18N OPV built to defeat all enemy anti-ship missiles.

If decoys were not effective, navies won't be investing in advanced decoys like our own.

I have shocked you guys with Nigerian PJ-24 anti-missile decoy shocked shocked
Because the navy has been tasked to patrol the waters in the Mozambiquean channel.

How?

Do you even know how the PJ-24 works?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:20pm On May 29, 2015
saengine:

Which Nigeria doesnt have. Next best option...OPV
grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:21pm On May 29, 2015
lionel4power:
dis SA zombies can be funny... Comparing a gunboat cum opv with a real stealth opv.
what gunboat?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:22pm On May 29, 2015
agaugust:

[size=20pt] You forgot to quote where your source says :
Mi-35M Hind year 2005 helicopter modern State-Of-The-Art Avionics
Rooivalk is NOT state-of-the art....it's not modern.....it's obsolete.
Now that is the difference ! . [/size]
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:27pm On May 29, 2015
agaugust:

Already proved on this forum many times.
P18N 76 mm gun range 10 km effective
Valour frigate 76mm gun range 8 km effective.
NN will sink SAN at sea, Nigeria is the real blue water king ! tongue tongue .
substantiate this claims.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 10:56pm On May 29, 2015
MikeCZAR:
what gunboat?
dude your warrior class is a direct copy of the Israeli sa'ar 4 missile boat which has roots as a gunboat... Since ur warrior class doesn't have missiles onboard now its technically a gunboat with two 76mm gun... Seriously im i arguing with kids here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.