Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4526022 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
Lezzlie:

[s]What is the state of continental rapid reaction forces to preemptively stem violence?

In 2003, the AU finalized plans for a rapid reaction unit, the African Standby Force (ASF), that could be deployed around the continent in the event of “grave circumstances.” Yet today, only three of five African regions – Western, Southern, and Eastern Africa – have their brigades ready to deploy. Because of the failure of the ASF to act in the face of state collapse in Mali in 2012 and the Central African Republic in 2013, South Africa proposed a new, slimmer rapid-reaction force, the African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC), in July 2013. The ACIRC has been critiqued by some as being remarkably similar to the ASF and thus needlessly duplicative. As such, the AU summit will inevitably discuss the status of these forces: regarding the ASF, there will likely be pressure on countries in North and Central Africa to accelerate their progress, whereas discussions on ACIRC will center on the question of duplication and the current state of contributions.

[size=8pt]
For its part, Nigeria has been steadfast in its assertions that it can address the insurgency alone. Whether the question of external intervention in Nigeria will arise at the AU summit is unclear. While the Boko Haram insurgency is indeed one of the continent’s most pressing security challenges, Nigeria, which is one of the AU’s most powerful members, has historically been quick to foreclose discussions of its domestic problems within the Africa Union. It might veto discussions again.[/size]

The idea of a rapid response tool under the AU Commission – as opposed to a region-based ASF – can be an innovative tool, as most conflicts do not neatly fall into regional categorisations. De facto the ACIRC is intended to address gaps and flaws in the existing security architecture.

However, in practice it is confronted with significant challenges that endanger the whole project. At the forefront is political disunity. Although the ACIRC was adopted by the AU assembly it rests only on the support of a minority of African countries.

So far 13 countries have committed to the project. With the opposition camp being filled with political heavyweights such as Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya or Nigeria (all four are major troop contributors to peacekeeping missions) it is doubtful if the ACIRC can gather enough political momentum and military capability to get off the ground quickly. Additionally South Africa’s spear-heading of the initiative and its leadership ambitions are not well received everywhere.

The second major challenge is the open question of how to harmonise the ACIRC with existing peacekeeping structures such as the ASF: while the ACIRC is supposed to be only a stop-gap instrument until the full operationalisation of the ASF, which from the beginning was supposed to have a rapid response capability, de facto it is much more.

The idea of a rapid response instrument under the direct administration of the AU runs against the design of the ASF which is based on regional support.

There are serious challenges.

Reaction from the continent’s other powerhouse, Nigeria, whose support is indispensable, has been lukewarm despite deputy foreign minister Nuruddeen Mohammed’s assurance that Nigeria was by no means “allergic” to military intervention in resolving crises.

Critics are also concerned that the ACIRC may draw attention away and undermine the investment that has been put into launching the ASF.
If the AU has been unable to agree on a standby force for more than a decade it remains doubtful it would be possible to organise a more complex and costly rapid reaction force since the fundamentals are not very different for both of these forces.

Two things are clear: ACIRC is nor meant to morph into the ASF as you claim.

Also the countries supporting ACIRC are so few. All my sources are from YOUR OWN PRESS.

So there we have it, little minded,quivering Patrick. You will always lose.

No matter how hard you try to twist reports and facts, I'll always smoke you out.

South Africa is struggling desperately for relevance my dear boy.

And enjoy this monent; you're living in the midnight hours of the last vestiges of the glory of your masters Botta and De Klerk.

Everything is falling aways fast and south Africa is falling with it.

But you always claim it was a jump not a fall.

It's a long way down to nothing for you[/s] grin grin grin

My citations were clear and consice

All you have is one misguided article writted by the Daily Mavrick... you may as well be quoting Sahara Reporters.

According to Zuma and the SANDF, ACRIC is part of the ASF, it achived majority support from the AU and when the ASF comes online ACRIC will be absorbed by the ASF

Why are you still maintaining this ludicrous line of argument?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
agaugust:

Nope, Patches started it out of envy of Nigerian army super new kit that's the best in Africa, this photo choked him with envy.

Super-kit?

In South Africa we call that standard kit

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
agaugust:

1. USA and Europe have not all fully changed to one single camo, we proved that here last year, so don't drag us back. The NATO countries have no plans of going into any African green jungle to fight war, they don't care. Plus the new single camo is still under experiment and field testing, the soldiers are already complaining about poor blending with environment. Also, the new USA single camo is far superior to the tailors roadside textile material used for SANDF brownie uniforms, the USA camo is made to be far more green than brown.

2. South African brown camo is a failure inside African green terrain, it only works in your homeland brown environment. That uniform will get SANDF troops killed in large numbers by snipers in a green vegetation battle theater.

3. See your failed single brown homeland camo and compare Nigerian green jungle camo that we use in jungle terrain.

#ONE CAMO = FAILURE TO BLEND.....your army can only fight at home where land is brown tongue tongue

1. USA and Europe are either using ONE CAMMO or moving towards ONE CAMMO. Yes, we proved this last year.

2. Citation needed for SANDF cammo being a failure.

ONE CAMO = What modern professional militaries use
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
agaugust:

Show me an African country with better kits than Nigeria.....

South Africa... who's average rifleman has been wearing that kit since the 1970's

But... in reality... we know what the average kit of a nigerian soldier looks like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
agaugust:

Is South Africa a slave colony of USA so that if they do any wrong thing you must copy them like a slave with no brain of your own?

US Army has changed camo pattern several times in a fruitless search for one single camo for all terrain.

Anyway, the new USA camo is not brown like SANDF camo you dunce, the new US camo is much more of green .

SANDF brown camo is a failure in green jungle. The new USA camo is totally different from yours !

1. Thanks for reminding us that the greatest military on earth uses only one camo scheme

2. Citation needed for SANDF cammo failure

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
agaugust:

Is South Africa a slave colony of USA so that if they do any wrong thing you must copy them like a slave with no brain of your own?

US Army has changed camo pattern several times in a fruitless search for one single camo for all terrain.

Anyway, the new USA camo is not brown like SANDF camo you dunce, the new US camo is much more of green .

SANDF brown camo is a failure in green jungle. The new USA camo is totally different from yours !

The only people who copy the US's camo patterns is Nigeria. All of their camo were either adopted from China or America.

Nigerian military use the following camos all of which were adopted from foreign forces.

*US woodland- from US
*Central European pattern- from France
*British Desert-2colour- from UK
*US 3-colour desert- from US
*SBS wear PLA type 99-4 colour oceanic pattern - from China.

SA don't go around copying patterns of other militaries' camos rather they copy from SANDF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

Super-kit?

In South Africa we call that standard kit

SANDF standard kit ? I see your rag tag South African soldiers wearing no helmet or just cricket team players face cap in a war zone grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

South Africa... who's average rifleman has been wearing that kit since the 1970's

But... in reality... we know what the average kit of a nigerian soldier looks like

.....Nigerian army kit looks like this when we are in real fire smoking combat zone....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. Thanks for reminding us that the greatest military on earth uses only one camo scheme

2. Citation needed for SANDF cammo failure

1. USA new camo is more green, not foolish brownie like SANDF.

2. Citation ? See SANDF one camo in a green bush, I can sniper shooot off your troops coconut skulls from 2 km away, clearly visible. FAILURE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

Su30MK is the export version

Again, we are talking about the Russian airforce... why are you talking about Su30's operated by India and other export partners?

Do your research and stop wasting my time with childish games

You did not even notice that your brother @Fighter Pilot is cleverly avoiding supporting your dummy dundeee thinking and commenting that a whole $ 60 million year 2015 made 4+ Generation jet fighter has no radar warning receiver that became world standard since year 1960s.

You know NOTHING about air warfare, mumu !

South African born Cape Colony fool, EVERY Su- Flanker in this world carries a radar warning receiver RWR as a standard....fool shockedshockedshocked

" Electronic Warfare :

Defensive systems in legacy and production Flankers include a Radar Warning Receiver, mostly variants of the SPO-32 / L150 Pastel digital receiver carried. The latest subtypes like the Su-35BM/Su-35-1 carry the KNIRTI L175M Khibiny M Radio Frequency Surveillance (RFS = ESM/RHAW) system"
. http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Flanker.html

Patches, you are my prisoner-slave, I will rub mud in your face regularly until your Southie friends start begging me to free you shockedshocked shocked

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 12:32am On Oct 04, 2015
Nigerian police

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:04am On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

.....Nigerian army kit looks like this when we are in real fire smoking combat zone....

Still poorly equipped
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:07am On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

2. Citation ? See SANDF one camo in a green bush, I can sniper shooot off your troops coconut skulls from 2 km away, clearly visible. FAILURE

1. Who cares what color it is? US military uses ONLY ONE CAMMO, just like the SANDF

2. When you take photos of people you make sure you can see them.... post a citation that SANDF cammo failes in jungle

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:12am On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

[s]You did not even notice that your brother @Fighter Pilot is cleverly avoiding supporting your dummy dundeee thinking and commenting that a whole $ 60 million year 2015 made 4+ Generation jet fighter has no radar warning receiver that became world standard since year 1960s.

You know NOTHING about air warfare, mumu !

South African born Cape Colony fool, EVERY Su- Flanker in this world carries a radar warning receiver RWR as a standard....fool shockedshockedshocked

" Electronic Warfare :

Defensive systems in legacy and production Flankers include a Radar Warning Receiver, mostly variants of the SPO-32 / L150 Pastel digital receiver carried. The latest subtypes like the Su-35BM/Su-35-1 carry the KNIRTI L175M Khibiny M Radio Frequency Surveillance (RFS = ESM/RHAW) system"
. http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Flanker.html

Patches, you are my prisoner-slave, I will rub mud in your face regularly until your Southie friends start begging me to free you[/s] shockedshocked shocked

ok, so after waiting 3 days you have finally found the citation to back your claims.

Now we can move on to the next step

What is the range of their RWR?

The only prisoner here is you - being held captive by your own stupidi,ty. But hey, I should expect this kind of thing from someone who still believes in magic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:56am On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

SANDF standard kit ? I see your rag tag South African soldiers wearing no helmet or just cricket team players face cap in a war zone grin grin

Those caps are not a private issue. They are part of the uniform and it is an offence in SANDF to mix it with civilian attire. Those caps we use them whenever it is hot and the situation is not hostile.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:07am On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

2. Citation ? See SANDF one camo in a green bush, I can sniper shooot off your troops coconut skus from 2 km away, clearly visible. FAILURE

I saw more of brown than green. It really depends what angle do you look it from and that's just how magic such uniform works.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:15am On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

Any camo is visible under binoculars even if you camouflaged you will not be 100% hidden from snypers. So, how will your green camp help you?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Still poorly equipped
your opinion. We all know about your bias.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2015
overhypedsteve:
your opinion. We all know about your bias.

You are looking at the same picture I am?

Sure they have body armor and helmets... yes, they are well equipped by Nigerian standards.

But I dont see any squad LMG's, or MGL's, or any comms equipment, or any recioless weapons etc I also dont see any webbing (battle-harnesses) meaning that they are likely missing personal equipment such as feild rations, water, medical supplies, grenades/smoke/flare as well as maps/compasses etc

Sure, you could say "but they are dismounted infantry, their vehicals are carrying the equipment"... which is also BS because what will you do when your vehical is knocked out and suddenly you have 8-9 guys without food/water/medical supplies and spare ammunition.

Hence why I said, poorly equipped.

Indeed, most 3rd world nations are not equipped as well as the SANDF when it comes to personal equipment

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
K
Patchesagain:

Sure they have body armor and helmets... yes, they are well equipped by Nigerian standards.

But I dont see any squad LMG's, or MGL's, or any comms equipment, or any recioless weapons etc I also dont see any webbing (battle-harnesses) meaning that they are likely missing personal equipment such as feild rations, water, medical supplies, grenades/smoke/flare as well as maps/compasses etc

Sure, you could say "but they are dismounted infantry, their vehicals are carrying the equipment"... which is also BS because what will you do when your vehical is knocked out and suddenly you have 8-9 guys without food/water/medical supplies and spare ammunition.

Indeed, most 3rd world nations are not equipped as well as the SANDF when it comes to personal equipment
you ve seen our soldiers in the field with comms and MGL. The picture you referred to was a picture of police officers inside a force office compound. What would they be doing with all that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

My friend sharap!!!

I''ve watched your pestilence on this issue grow, I'm going 2 destroy you in a bit.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

Show me an African country with better kits than Nigeria.....

What does that stupidd soldier do with a public order riot dress because it is for police probably imported from SA.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

My citations were clear and consice

All you have is one misguided article writted by the Daily Mavrick... you may as well be quoting Sahara Reporters.

According to Zuma and the SANDF, ACRIC is part of the ASF, it achived majority support from the AU and when the ASF comes online ACRIC will be absorbed by the ASF

Why are you still maintaining this ludicrous line of argument?
Oh desperate Patrick, why do you still question facts in the face of undeniable evidence?

You know not the meaning of shame or grace. You're without the slightest bit of honour. You view your arguments from the tattered rags of your bruised self-esteem.

Shake it off, Patrick. Humbly call me your tutor.

ACIRC IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL. AS THE ASF IS MEANT TO KICK OF IN 2015.

ACIRC without Nigeria's nod will be epileptic and stillborn. Also South Africa don't have the manpower and financial muscle to pull it off. It is all a dream of a desperate president mired in the mud of corruption and the desperate leadership ambition of South Africa which always chew more than it can swallow. Your forces are stretched to limit already.

You have no airliftign capabilities.
Zuma went to Russia behind closed door meeting to secretly beg for Russia's spare and suplus airlifting aircraft but Russia declined.

Before turning to Angola which has a better airlifting capabilities more than South Africa.

Here are the sources by which I have had you murdered. I don't do Sahara. It's anti-Nigeria.

file:///storage/emulated/0/UCDownloads/Africa%20Watch.mht

file:///storage/emulated/0/UCDownloads/What%20to%20Expect%20from%20the%20African%20Union%20Summit%20%C2%AB%20Africa%20in%20Transit.mht

file:///storage/emulated/0/UCDownloads/Rapid%20Response%20is%20an%20Illusive%20Political%20Issue%20%20African%20Defense.mht

Do you want more?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lezzlie:
[s]Oh desperate Patrick, why do you still question facts in the face of undeniable evidence?

You know not the meaning of shame or grace. You're without the slightest bit of honour. You view your arguments from the tattered rags of your bruised self-esteem.

Shake it off, Patrick. Humbly call me your tutor.

ACIRC IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL. AS THE ASF IS MEANT TO KICK OF IN 2015.

ACIRC without Nigeria's nod will be epileptic and stillborn. Also South Africa don't have the manpower and financial muscle to pull it off. It is all a dream of a desperate president mired in the mud of corruption and the desperate leadership ambition of South Africa which always chew more than it can swallow. Your forces are stretched to limit already.

You have no airlift in capabilities.
Zuma went to Russia behind closed does to secretly beg for Russia's spare and suplus airlifting aircraft but Russia declined.

Before turning to Angola which has a better airlifting capabilities more than South Africa.

Here are the sources by which I have had you murdered. I don't do Sahara. It's anti-Nigeria.

file:///storage/emulated/0/UCDownloads/Africa%20Watch.mht

file:///storage/emulated/0/UCDownloads/What%20to%20Expect%20from%20the%20African%20Union%20Summit%20%C2%AB%20Africa%20in%20Transit.mht

file:///storage/emulated/0/UCDownloads/Rapid%20Response%20is%20an%20Illusive%20Political%20Issue%20%20African%20Defense.mht

Do you want more?[/s]

1. ACRIC was founded as a interim solution to the FAILURE of African states to mobilize the ASF. ACRIC will be incorperated into the ASF when the ASF is operationalised.

The ACIRC will serve as an interim measure ahead of the establishment of a permanent African Standby Force, which was originally expected to be operational by 2015. Zuma proposed the concept of the ACIRC at last year's African Union (AU) summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where the proposal was endorsed.
http://www.southafrica.info/news/international/au-270614.htm#.VgqjuHqqqko#ixzz3n8g95ofl

Bah told delegates the African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC) would become part of the ASF. This means ACIRC, which SA Army Chief Lieutenant General Vusi Masondo said would be operational this month, effectively has a shelf life of six months if the December 2015 deadline for operationalisation is adhered to.

-DefenceWeb

2. ACRIC has the full support of the AU - unless somehow only 13 countries can impose their will on the entire AU!!!

Zuma proposed the concept of the ACIRC at last year's African Union (AU) summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where the proposal was endorsed.
http://www.southafrica.info/news/international/au-270614.htm#.VgqjuHqqqko#ixzz3n8g95ofl

3. ACRIC does not need Nigeria's support because ACRIC is a SOUTH AFRICAN formation that ALLREADY EXISTS - it has come into existance despite Nigeria's lack of support... which just goes to show what a lame duck Nigeria is.

4. With 5 C-130's operational and 2 on dedicated permanent standby for ACRIC, as well as multiple charter aircraft held on retainer, we have more than enough airlfit

5. " South Africa don't have the manpower and financial muscle to pull it off"

Lol - we spent $400 million on ACRIC allready
https://www.enca.com/media/video/sandf-ready-take-continent%E2%80%99s-troublemakers

and have 1500 men, complete with armor/artillery/airdefecnce, 2 Gripen, 2 Oryx, 1 A109 and 2 C130's permanently deployed under the ACRIC formation.

We quite obviously have the finance and manpower for it.

Lezz, you pathetic boy - it is quite obvious that you have no idea what ACRIC is or how it works.

It is abundantly clear that you are deeply hurt by the fact that South Africa is leading the way for the formation of the ASF and that we have completely outshone "mighty" Nigeria by not only meeting our commitments to the ASF... but exceeding them grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. ACRIC was founded as a interim solution to the FAILURE of African states to mobilize the ASF. ACRIC will be incorperated into the ASF when the ASF is operationalised.

The ACIRC will serve as an interim measure ahead of the establishment of a permanent African Standby Force, which was originally expected to be operational by 2015. Zuma proposed the concept of the ACIRC at last year's African Union (AU) summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where the proposal was endorsed.

Bah told delegates the African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC) would become part of the ASF. This means ACIRC, which SA Army Chief Lieutenant General Vusi Masondo said would be operational this month, effectively has a shelf life of six months if the December 2015 deadline for operationalisation is adhered to.

-DefenceWeb

2. ACRIC has the full support of the AU - unless somehow only 13 countries can impose their will on the entire AU!!!

Zuma proposed the concept of the ACIRC at last year's African Union (AU) summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where the proposal was endorsed.

3. ACRIC does not need Nigeria's support because ACRIC is a SOUTH AFRICAN formation that ALLREADY EXISTS - it has come into existance despite Nigeria's lack of support... which just goes to show what a lame duck Nigeria is.

4. With 5 C-130's operational and 2 on dedicated permanent standby for ACRIC, as well as multiple charter aircraft held on retainer, we have more than enough airlfit

5. " South Africa don't have the manpower and financial muscle to pull it off"

Lol - we spent $400 million on ACRIC allready
https://www.enca.com/media/video/sandf-ready-take-continent%E2%80%99s-troublemakers

and have 1500 men, complete with armor/artillery/airdefecnce, 2 Gripen, 2 Oryx, 1 A109 and 2 C130's permanently deployed under the ACRIC formation.

We quite obviously have the finance and manpower for it.

Lezz, you pathetic boy - it is quite obvious that you have no idea what ACRIC is or how it works.

It is abundantly clear that you are deeply hurt by the fact that South Africa is leading the way for the formation of the ASF and that we have completely outshone "mighty" Nigeria by not only meeting our commitments to the ASF... but exceeding them grin
Multicoloured text won't substitute for facts, Patrick.

Here are the facts from your own journalists :

Reaction from the continent’s other powerhouse, Nigeria, whose support is indispensable, has been lukewarm despite deputy foreign minister Nuruddeen Mohammed’s assurance that Nigeria was by no means “allergic” to military intervention in resolving crises

In the AU submit in June 2015 in S. A ACIRC was almost scrapped but heads of government decided to spare the host S.A the humiliation grin

‘It would be tricky to dismantle ACIRC, which is spearheaded by South Africa [the country hosting the summit]. If there are changes then they could be in name or integrating ACIRC in the [ASF]. It will be humiliating for the host if ACIRC is dismantled,’ said Norman Sempijja, a post-doctoral researcher at the University of the Witwatersrand and co-author of an upcoming policy brief on ACIRC’s effectiveness. ‘We also need to remember that [ACIRC] was a temporary measure. So I think they may find a way of integrating it in the overall ASF.’

Now, Patrick dummy, ACIRC being integrated into the ASF is merely speculative #FACT.

Both have a very different structure. ACIRC is a VOLUNTARY OUTFIT FOR WILLING COUNTRIES. ASF is not. It is fully incorporated inside AU and only the AU can deploy it with regional approval.

Now the entire budget of AU is carried on the shoulders of only 5 African countries , namely the big 5. Nigeria, Egypt,Algeria, South Africa and Libya. The other AU expenses come from international donors.

Now since the ACIRC is a VOLUNTARY outfit that won't be financially supported by AU so how can the rest of Africa adopt it.

Beside ASF kicks off this very year. All the regional armies are to meet in Lesotho but crisis in that country had the exercise shifted to south Africa.

You're a vain dummy dum-dum who loves vain banter and pointless back and forth.

You will always be endlessly out fact here by Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Still poorly equipped

Envy is your problem.

Nigerian army infantry is the best equipped with light infantry weapons in Africa. From OBJ 006 rifles, FN FAL rifles, Travor rifles, Beryl rifles, anti-material rifles, night vision equipment, GPMG, LMG, HMG, MGL, AGL, knee mortars, heavy mortars, recoilless rifles, hand glider mini drones, man portable Aeryon quad copter drones, all types of communication radios, field telescopic TV cameras, to high power motorbikes and ATVs.

No African country from Cape Town to Cairo comes close to Nigeria's level of infantry light weapons and surveillance equipment capability on the African continent.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lezzlie:
Multicoloured text won't substitute for facts, Patrick.

Here are the facts from your own journalists :

Reaction from the continent’s other powerhouse, Nigeria, whose support is indispensable, has been lukewarm despite deputy foreign minister Nuruddeen Mohammed’s assurance that Nigeria was by no means “allergic” to military intervention in resolving crises

[s]In the AU submit in June 2015 in S. A ACIRC was almost scrapped but heads of government decided to spare the host S.A the humiliation[/s] grin

‘It would be tricky to dismantle ACIRC, which is spearheaded by South Africa [the country hosting the summit]. If there are changes then they could be in name or integrating ACIRC in the [ASF]. It will be humiliating for the host if ACIRC is dismantled,’ said Norman Sempijja, a post-doctoral researcher at the University of the Witwatersrand and co-author of an upcoming policy brief on ACIRC’s effectiveness. ‘We also need to remember that [ACIRC] was a temporary measure. So I think they may find a way of integrating it in the overall ASF.’

Now, Patrick dummy, ACIRC being integrated into the ASF is merely speculative #FACT.

Intergration of ACRIC is a fact - confirmed by the SANDF

-DefenceWeb

Lezzlie:

Both have a very different structure. ACIRC is a VOLUNTARY OUTFIT FOR WILLING COUNTRIES. ASF is not. It is fully incorporated inside AU and only the AU can deploy it with regional approval.

No, ACRIC is capabilities are being provided by South Africa alone, and again, it will become part of the ASF.

ACRIC was created to full the capacity gap - and was done so with the full support of the AU

Lezzlie:

Now the entire budget of AU is carried on the shoulders of only 5 African countries , namely the big 5. Nigeria, Egypt,Algeria, South Africa and Libya. The other AU expenses come from international donors.

Now since the ACIRC is a VOLUNTARY outfit that won't be financially supported by AU or how can the rest of Africa adopt it.

They arent supposed to adopt it - because they will be adopting the ASF

ACRIC was adopted to full the capacity gap while ASF was being operationalized

Lezzlie:

Beside ASF kicks off this very year. All the regional armies are to meet in Lesotho but crisis in that country had the exercise shifted to south Africa.

We know, and when it is ACRIC will be absorbed into it

-DefenceWeb

So, it seems what has happened it that you dont actually know what ACRIC and you seem to be of the opinion that ACRIC is being offered as some alternative to the ASF - which it is not, ACRIC IS THE FVCKING ASF

Well done on showing us that you have literally no idea what you are talking about

A world class clown, a self proclaimed troll who cant even troll properly.

Pathetic
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

[s]Envy is your problem.

Nigerian army infantry is the best equipped with light infantry weapons in Africa. From OBJ 006 rifles, FN FAL rifles, Travor rifles, Beryl rifles, anti-material rifles, night vision equipment, GPMG, LMG, HMG, MGL, AGL, knee mortars, heavy mortars, recoilless rifles, hand glider mini drones, man portable Aeryon quad copter drones, all types of communication radios, field telescopic TV cameras, to high power motorbikes and ATVs.

No African country from Cape Town to Cairo comes close to Nigeria's level of infantry light weapons and surveillance equipment capability on the African continent.[/s]

Small ammounts of each and in no way standardized

You have yet to equip your infantry as well as we equipped ours... in the 1980's... when we had a 550 000 man conscript army grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Patrick....... You retarrd,

The South-African National Defence Force is poorly equipped and poorly funded force! This is a statistical fact. Your men in the CAR lacked basic APCs and Medical kits. 400 men in the CAR had to share a single bag of medical kit.

If you cannot properly equip only 400 men, I simply cannot see the magic Pretoria can perform in deploying or equipping over 35,000 men like the Nigerian Army is currently doing.

- Photo Evidence 1,

SANDF troops in a combat zone, of the 5 men in an active combat zone,

-none of the men are wearing any body armour,

- none the men have a proper helmet

- the poorly trained soldier in front has it finger on the trigger. Shows poor trigger discipline, poor training. This is something you would never see with Nigerian Troops.

- Again, the poorly trained soldier has his pistol in the pouch meant to carry extra ammo.

- None of the troops bar 1, has any sort of webbing.

* Poor Training of the SANDF, photo evidence 2

- the poorly trained soldier yet again has his finger on the trigger, again, another confirmation of the general poor training SANDF troops receive ( To think this is a pre-planned organized event, and the soldier ought to be in his A game...... Is all the more shameful).

- Soldier has no helmet

- Soldier has no body armour.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
Henry120:

Patrick....... You retarrd,

The South-African National Defence Force is poorly equipped and poorly funded force! This is a statistical fact. Your men in the CAR lacked basic APCs and Medical kits. 400 men in the CAR had to share a single bag of medical kit.

If you cannot properly equip only 400 men, I simply cannot see the magic Pretoria can perform in deploying or equipping over 35,000 men like the Nigerian Army is currently doing.

- Photo Evidence 1,

SANDF troops in a combat zone, of the 5 men in an active combat zone,

-none of the men are wearing any body armour,

- none the men have a proper helmet

- the poorly trained soldier in front has it finger on the trigger. Shows poor trigger discipline, poor training. This is something you would never see with Nigerian Troops.

- Again, the poorly trained soldier has his pistol in the pouch meant to carry extra ammo.

- None of the troops bar 1, has any sort of webbing.

* Poor Training of the SANDF, photo evidence 2

- the poorly trained soldier yet again has his finger on the trigger, again, another confirmation of the general poor training SANDF troops receive ( To think this is a pre-planned organized event, and the soldier ought to be in his A game...... Is all the more shameful).

- Soldier has no helmet

- Soldier has no body armour.

How does one wear a helmet in no-war zone? Does a soldier have to wear helmet even if there is no need to wear it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Patrick,

- SANDF troops in a combat zone, Photo exhibit 3

SANDF troops, of the 4 men, 3 are wearing body armours, while 1 has no body armour and no helmet. The other has his bullet proof vest, and isn't wearing a helmet.

* None of the troops have a body armour with plate carriers.

-I don't see any of them with an LMG

- No MGL visible either

- No binoculars are visible

- No comms equipment are visible

- No evidence of HE Grenades or Smoke

- No water

- No knives are visible

Your troops are right in their vehicle, yet no evidence of the above are available.

Things, if you cannot equip only 400 men, how do you plan on equipping over 35,000 men in active combat duties?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.