Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please (605 Views)

I Need Y'all Opinions Please. / Please I Need Advice: Sincere Opinions Please / Tell Us About The Overly Religious Person You Dated Or Are Still Dating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by olumzz(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hi guys, i need opinions. I am a muslim but my fiance is a Christian. We wanna get married nw bt her dad is a pastor. He is insisting his daughter cannot marry a muslim and i can't convert because islam made me who i am. A better person and dat is wat she fell in love with. I can't lie to them or pretend that I'm a Christian as my fiance suggested.
What can i do?
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Draei: 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
Lemme not lie to you such marriages always run into problems in the later stage of the marriage.

Especially when the kids come, she will want to teach the kids christianity values and you would want them to take the path of Islam that is when the real struggle begins.

I wish you guys luck but be ready for so many obstacles ahead.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
Rokia2:
Lemme not lie to you such marriages always run into problems in the later stage of the marriage.

Especially when the kids come, she will want to teach the kids christianity values and you would want them to take the path of Islam that is when the real struggle begins.

I wish you guys luck but be ready for so many obstacles ahead.
Damn...you are smart.

Or worse still, she will convert him.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Uniqueness01(f): 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
She loves and what to get married to you even with the religion differences .......I am not advising you to pretend or lie to her Father but promise her and her family you will allow her practise her Religion.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Uniqueness01(f): 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
I have seen a family where the husband is a Christian and the wife ( a Ghanaian) Muslim, some of their children are Christians while the others are Muslims.

Mariinee:

Or worse still, she will convert him.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
olumzz:
Hi guys, i need opinions. I am a muslim but my fiance is a Christian. We wanna get married nw bt her dad is a pastor. He is insisting his daughter cannot marry a muslim and i can't convert because islam made me who i am. A better person and dat is wat she fell in love with. I can't lie to them or pretend that I'm a Christian as my fiance suggested.
What can i do?

If you're the man and wish to convert, speak to your family, if your family accepts then go ahead, don't think you can convert without your family. That is short life span.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Leave out Christian daughters alone and go marry your hijabi muslimah. Hypocrites who won’t give their daughters to Christians but want to marry our own Christian daughters.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Othlera(m): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
op the simple truth and problem both you and the girls father have is this converting ish. really it's no big deal to marry someone from another religion buh the issue is that most men want to convert their wives which is wrong. you knew her and fell in love with her practicing that religion. religion should be the least thing that should break a relationship and as for the kids,let them decide wah religion they want to practice not force them.you can force a horse to the river buh you can't force it to drink from the river(know people who practice Islam at home buh go to church in school). I have seen many families where the husband is a Muslim and the wife is a devoted Christian and they don't have issues atol because they understand each other and respect both beliefs.
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Kobicove(m): 12:49am On Nov 06, 2017
OP, better save yourself from a life of headaches and look for someone from the same faith as yourself to marry
Re: Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please by Akins12(m): 12:58am On Nov 06, 2017
A'm look for a girl in relationships and married

(1) (Reply)

P / Sensual Story:how I Caught My Man Cheating / Sex Doll Or Woman? And The Best Choice Is__

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.