Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,656 members, 7,844,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant (6738 Views)

See 20 Countries Currently Agitating For Their Independence worldwide (pic) / Anybody Who Bombs Himself Thinking He Will Go To Heaven Is Delusional – Sultan / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by tkb417(m): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2010
mikeansy:

[b]Is that your answer to the question of why the Beroms and Hausa-Fulanis are killing themselves at this time after claiming superior knowledge.[/b]You answer could simply pass off for why we hired a coach just 3 months to world cup with our Football team performing below standard.

Your answer is very vague and does not support your claim to higher knowledge.

yes sir
lemme help him

assuming we break up today, are you saying the Ijaws will not fight the Urhobos?
what makes you think what happened in Jos will not happen in Delta, Osun (Ife/Modakeke), Ogun ( Egba/Ijebus)
can you explain how the split will ensure all those will not happen

thank you sir
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@elrazur**if the so-called southern states cannot speak with one voice when they are still in one nigeria,what makes you think that we may agree with one aonther if eventually we break into the pattern ghadaffi suggested.seun's controversial poll cannot reflect the minds of millions of nigerians who have no access to internet.we may only opined base on the outcome of such poll but believe me,there are several old men and women who will not support the secession.

Huh You know what, in real war scenarios, internal division is forgotten once the enemy come. I have a feeling, we will put aside any perceived differences and forge on with the idea of a new regional state or new nation. Everyone cannot be expected to agree on the same thing, but we can still find a common ground.

As per the rest of your comment. I really do not get it.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by sjeezy8: 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2010
^^^^ who wouldbe the enemy?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ mikeansy

Like it or not, Bad governance has been the greatest hydra headed monster that Nigeria has. Everything connects like lines and dots. I know that its an awful truth that you will laugh off, When Nigeria is plagued with leaders that are not accountable how else do you think we would not have re occuring decimals such as that of the jos crisis.

If i ask you what your state governor has to show for the time he as been elected, i bet you can't finger any reasonable project,but you can clamour for a seperate country so that the same governor of your state will be elected as probably the president of your state which has been elevated to a country so that he can continue to embezzel the little you have left.

what else can this be described rather than outright ignorance and delusion.  grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2010
mikeansy:

Is that your answer to the question of why the Beroms and Hausa-Fulanis are killing themselves at this time after claiming superior knowledge.

You answer could simply pass off for why we hired a coach just 3 months to world cup with our Football team performing below standard.

Your answer is very vague and does not support your claim to higher knowledge.

the fear of domination of one tribe over the other is not limited to the jos crisis alone.the three major tribes yoruba,hausa and igbo also have such tribal distrust which spanned from before independence.nigeria need leaders that will ensure that the interest of all tribes minor or major are protected.if such happens,then a large percentage of the current problems will reduce.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

@ mikeansy

Like it or not, Bad governance has been the greatest hydra headed monster that Nigeria has. Everything connects like lines and dots. I know that its an awful truth that you will laugh off, When Nigeria is plagued with leaders that are not accountable how else do you think we would not have re occuring decimals such as that of the jos crisis.

If i ask you what your state governor has to show for the time he as been elected, i bet you can't finger any reasonable project,but you can clamour for a seperate country so that the same governor of your state will be elected as probably the president of your state which has been elevated to a country so that he can continue to embezzel the little you have left.

what else can this be described rather than outright ignorance and delusion.  grin

So after 50 years of failed experiment, at your age you cannot deduce that the reason we had been kept down by bad leadership according to you is because of One Nigeria? Because of one Nigeria, we cannot get the best of everything; it has to be based on balance to please some people. When Jonathan chooses his next band of recycled minister it has to be that each state produces a minister, it doesn’t matter whether they are good or back.
If not for one Nigeria, 20 ministers can come from Ekiti state as long as they are good, but one Nigeria has made that impossible because they have to balance the equation all the time. Only a fool will solve a solution the same and with a failed result and kept up with the same method and in our case for 50 years. The only time Nigeria has ever experience semblance good governance was when we are slightly apart in regions doing our own things and at our pace. A national union is a marriage and good marriage are as a result of the partner being willing to be in it.
You really believe that if we kept going with one Nigeria, maybe, by stroke of luck we will all meet at the promise land. The fact of the matter is, people don’t like change or afraid of change, but great achievement has ever been recorded without risk or being afraid of change.
What about, let us go our separate way then after just ten years and it happened that we are worse off and missing each other like hell, let us all beg to re-unite. It is only a wicked man that will leave his debt for his children to pay later, when he has the mean to repay them while still alive and has the means. We are only storing timed cannon bombs for our future children.
Just remember Yugoslavia. Just like you, the Serbian elite use to say too that it would never happen in a million years. When a non working marriage refuses a peaceful divorce, the only outcome will be hateful and spiteful alternative divorce.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^^^ who wouldbe the enemy?

The same people who want us in this, when most of us want out?

The same people who feels Nigeria's law is not applicable to them and should have their sharia?

The same people who are living off the misery of millions of ordinary people

The same individuals who holds all to ransome.   .   .
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

@ mikeansy

So after 50 years of failed experiment, at your age you cannot deduce that the reason we had been kept down by bad leadership according to you is because of One Nigeria? Because of one Nigeria, we cannot get the best of everything; it has to be based on balance to please some people.  When Jonathan chooses his next band of recycled minister it has to be that each state produces a minister, it doesn’t matter whether they are good or worse.
If not for one Nigeria, 20 ministers can come from Ekiti state as long as they are good, but one Nigeria has made that impossible because they have to balance the equation all the time.  Only a fool will solve a solution the same and with a failed result and kept up with the same method and in our case for 50 years.  The only time Nigeria has ever experience semblance good governance was when we are slightly apart in regions doing our own things and at our pace.  A national union is a marriage and good marriage are as a result of the partner being willing to be in it.
You really believe that if we kept going with one Nigeria, maybe, by stroke of luck we will all meet at the promise land.  The fact of the matter is, people don’t like change or afraid of change, but great achievement has ever been recorded without risk or being afraid of change.
What about, let us go our separate way then after just ten years and it happened that we are worse off and missing each other like hell, let us all beg to re-unite. It is only a wicked man that will leave his debt for his children to pay later, when he has the mean to repay them while still alive and has the means. We are only storing timed cannon bombs for our future children.
Just remember Yugoslavia. Just like you, the Serbian elite use to say too that it would never happen in a million years. When a non working marriage refuses a peaceful divorce, the only outcome will be hateful and spiteful alternative divorce.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by sjeezy8: 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2010
@elrazur

lol they come from all regions, if it were that easy then EVERY southerner in pdp and the govt would refuse to be apart of Nigerias govt.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

@elrazur

lol they come from all regions

Hence why anyone who opposes a break up is an enemy in my opinion. smiley

An enemy of progress. smiley
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by sjeezy8: 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
Any person that can gain approval by citizens outside their tribe and region- would be fine leader.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
tkb417:

yes sir
lemme help him

assuming we break up today, are you saying the Ijaws will not fight the Urhobos?
what makes you think what happened in Jos will not happen in Delta, Osun (Ife/Modakeke), Ogun ( Egba/Ijebus)
can you explain how the split will ensure all those will not happen

thank you sir

I don't think I have suggested break-up anywhere on nairaland. I simply want to make sure, hatch comes up with a credible identification of the problem and alternative solutions. I have previously stated my positions in other threads on this matter and i did not profer break up.

TKB417 in helping out Hatch, you have neither told us why you think the Beroms and Hausa-Fulanis are killing themselves and what a way out will be? Telling me theories about the possibility of Ife/Modakeke or Egba/Ijesu disagreeing does not in anyway address this question.

These are my take what are yours?

The settler/indigene dichotomy is not recognised in our constitution and we must begin to emphasize this point in order to discourage it.
We can do this by according everybody born in any State the same treatment regardless of where their parents come from.

State Religion is not recognised in the constitution and they must be repealed wherever they are already in practice in order to discourage the attempt to export Sharia to Jos and thus bringing about this kind of Jihad.

These are the serious issues at state not threatning people with humanitarian catastrophe that will emanate from Nigeria splitting into 250 countries along ethnic lines. This line of thought is begining to sound like a propaganda designed to coerce and bully the minorities amongst us into keeping quiet on the face of all kinds of inhuman wickedness.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
It is just out right pathetic that the so called agitators can't even defend how their break up approach
will solve the problems that stare us in the face as a nation, when they are broken into their so called agitated regions.

I knew that becomricch's syndrome was going to spread fast on NL, it was just a matter of time.

undecided
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Huh You know what, in real war scenarios, internal division is forgotten once the enemy come. I have a feeling, we will put aside any perceived differences and forge on with the idea of a new regional state or new nation. Everyone cannot be expected to agree on the same thing, but we can still find a common ground.

As per the rest of your comment. I really do not get it.

why cant we adopt this your anaysis to the present nigeria and see if it will work.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
hatch#:

It is just out right pathetic that the so called agitators can't even defend how their break up approach
will solve the problems that stare us in the face as a nation, when they are broken into their so called agitated regions.

I knew that becomricch's syndrome was going to spread fast on NL, it was just a matter of time.

undecided

You are forcing me to drop all gloves with you, but I am still keeping them on.

I suppose when your arguments like Mikeansy have pointed out, you result to shifting the focus on you. The problem here is not defending, the problem is you can't even accept or reason logically. Perhaps it is a waste of time going round in circle with you?

undecided undecided
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

the fear of domination of one tribe over the other is not limited to the jos crisis alone.the three major tribes yoruba,hausa and igbo also have such tribal distrust which spanned from before independence.nigeria need leaders that will ensure that the interest of all tribes minor or major are protected.if such happens,then a large percentage of the current problems will reduce.

This is not about fear of domination. This is about a real life history of violence. And for some reasons they seem to happen more in the North while our Government pretend it does not exist because of the fear of Hausa-Fulani. Its time to hold them to task. There is nothing acceptable about a Status quo that allows close to 1000 citizens massacred between Jan - March most of the women and children.

We should tackle the problem head on and stop pretending it does not exist. This is political correctness gone crazy.

The basis of our ONENESS should not be looking the other way while people exibit behaviours that should belong to the medieval age.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

why cant we adopt this your anaysis to the present nigeria and see if it will work.

It is yet to work in about half a century. If given the options, I will prefer we try another method. Do you have a problem with this? If so, what are your problems. smiley
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

@elrazur

lol they come from all regions, if it were that easy then EVERY southerner in pdp and the govt would refuse to be apart of Nigerias govt.

You are right, they came from all regions, so the more you gather them together under one roof the worse they become, it is common sense, if you put a pickpocket in the same room with an armed robber, he will easily graduate and become an deadly armed robber.

Problem halved is problem solved, each nation should take home their rogue political rogue elite and deal with them the way they sees fit and according to their common culture and tradition without accusation of bias. Unlike today, if a Yoruba judge convict an Igbo criminal rogue politician, most Igbo’s will not care about the evil their person has done, rather they will try to blackmail the Yoruba judge, some will be saying he was jailed because he is Igbo and vice visa, and that is one of the product and psyche of One Nigeria.

Ask yourself if OBJ could have been able to rule an Oduduwa nation based on their dislike of him? But guess what?  He made it twice with Nigeria, doesn't that tell you something about how one Nigeria produces the worse form the best? In the days of the region, power is much closer to the people unlike now, so your so called governors only care about those of their lords in far away Abuja and not the people
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2010
The Genocide In Jos: Man Is The Problem   PDF   Print   E-mail
Written by Joe Igbokwe

THE GENOCIDE IN JOS: MAN IS THE PROBLEM

The genocide in Jos is an indictment on all of us especially the fathers of Nigeria. As a father, my conscience pricked to the limit by the blood of innocent children and mothers that were killed in Jos, whether the 150 or 500 in number. I think we as fathers have failed to protect our wives and children in times like this when some men have completely gone mad. You see, when men make wars the children and mothers suffer. In his book, The fatherhood principle Dr Myles Munroe challenged every father to Be the solid foundation of your family. Develop the potential and gifts of children. Learn what a father really is. Discuss your life’s vision. Identify the five vital purposes of the male. Dr Munroe says “Men are supposed to ‘fasten’ the society - to secure it with beliefs and principles that don’t change” According to him “A father encourages steady, consistent, progressive growth in his family. A father encourages his family members to grow in God’s limitless potentials”

It is therefore right for me to conclude that the needless blood bathe we have been having in Nigeria since 1960 has been as a result of failure of men to do their God’s given duties as godly fathers. The President, the Governor, the Chief of Defense staff, the Chief of Army Staff, the IG of Police, the Commissioner of Police, the GOC 3 Armoured Division Jos are all men who by acts of omission or commission failed mothers and children they were supposed to protect in times of crisis in Jos.

Nigeria, especially, the Northern part has become a killing field. Time will fail me to recall how many people we have killed since 1945 in Jos, Kano in 1953, the entire North in 1966, 1980 Maitatsine religious riots in Kano, 1982 in Maidugri in 1984 in Jimeta, Yola, 1985 in Gombe, 1987 in Kaduna and Kafanchan, 1991 in Bauchi, Katsina and Kano, 1992 in Zango-Kataf, Funtua in 1993, and 2008 over Council elections in Jos North. The endless religious and ethnic crisis in the North since 1966 has been a failure of leadership. It has the failure of men to rise up to the demands of times. Perhaps children may have been charge of leadership in that part of the country. No wonder the entire North is desolate in terms of investment.

As I write this, almost 90% of industries in Kano, the economic hub of the North have gone down in ruins. The education gap between North and South is today still 60 years, meaning that it will take the North 60 years to catch up with the South assuming the South decides to maintain a standstill till the North catches up. No serious investor will want to invest in the volatile North. No serious teacher will want to teach in the volatile North. Now, tell me how the North will meet the challenges of the 21st century in the face of all these monumental problems? God help those who help themselves. Needless to say that it is now crystal clear that if Nigeria breaks up today that section of the country will be held responsible.

The killing of innocent children and mothers in Dogo Nahawa, Jos is nothing but a careful planned genocide to wipe out a race. When mothers and children are murdered, pro creation is stopped. The planning was a collective responsibility carefully coordinated and clinically executed. And from all indications and permutations, there was conspiracy at the highest level in Jos to perfect this heinous crime against humanity and people must own up failures. You see excuses are nails used to build house of failures.

Governor Jang, himself a military person has told Nigerians what transpired between him and GOC of 3rd Armoured Division Jos, Major General Maina Saleh and I have every reason to believe the Governor. The reason is this: Even though Governor Jang is the Chief Security Officer of Plateau State he does not control the police and the Army. So where is his power as Chief Security Officer of Plateau State? Men who are being paid to defend Nigerians especially defenseless children and mothers went to bed to sleep with their wives, and girl friends when heinous atrocities were being committed in a remote village in Jos. A general in the Army in a volatile country heading a division in a volatile state like Jos should leave his phones on 24 hours in a day. Same for all the State Security Operatives in Jos. They all failed in times of need, and they must be made to face the jury. A thousand and one excuses cannot help in this case. This culture of impunity must stop in Nigeria, and offenders must be punished to serve as a lesson to others. These idiots have brought unmitigated shame to Nigerian and we must remind them that nobody is an island.

Now, can we have the courage to deal with the Jos problem head on? Can we have the courage to tell the truth about the true owners of Jos? Who is a citizen of Nigeria? If I do not have the right to run for the post of a Local Government Chairman in Kano, can an indigene of Kano come to Nnewi, Anambra to force himself on us as LGA Chairman? Who owns Jos North, Hausa Fulani or Berom? If Nigeria cannot have the courage to decide who a citizen of Nigeria is, then this issue of settlers/indigenes many wars will continue to confront us on a daily basis. Men must rise up in Nigeria to deal with this problem.

The truth is that the blood of these innocent children and women will continue to hunt us as a country for a long time to come. Only worthless leaders will leave their children and mothers unprotected. And for the killers and their sponsors I was once young and I am now getting old and I know from history that all acts of indignity against human persons debase the perpetrators more than the victims. Ask The Fathers Second Vertican Council!

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/joe-igbokwe/the-genocide-in-jos-man-is-the-problem.html
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by debosky(m): 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
If you lost family members to the various ethnic crises in Nigeria you might think differently.

If you had flares making your environment hot and uncomfortable and polluted while someone uses the money from your oil to build good houses while you live in utmost poverty, you might think differently.

If you lost loved ones to accidents because resources are not evenly distributed because of a lack of a working federal structure, you might feel differently.

If you brought up children, sent them on NYSC only for them to be senselessly killed by some religious bigots, you'll think differently.

Some people are not doing badly in the current Nigerian system and cannot be expected to advocate a break up. But to insult the millions of people IN NIGERIA whose lives are a living hell by claiming only those abroad want a break up is unacceptable.

Everyone judges from their own perspectives. . . .we will never all agree on the matter.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2010
^^ all this is unique to Nigeria in what way?

I've lost family members for various reasons in Nigeria- who should I blame?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by OYBMEND: 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
This break up is not about All Christains being unable to live with all Muslims

It is about all Moderates (Christains / Muslims alike) being unable to live with Extremists.

The Muslims in Kwara, South West, Kogi and Notherners in Taraba, Nasarawa, Benue, Southern Kaduna and the rest of Souther Nigeria, are generally moderate people who want peace.

The ugliest extremists amongst us are found in Kano, Katsina, Zamfara, Sokoto, Bauchi, Jigawa etc.

A close look on our map shows that our map supports this line of break up with KANO not Abuja as the undivided capital for extremists.

These Hausa Goat Herders are simply not worth it.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2010
mikeansy:

This is not about fear of domination. This is about a real life history of violence. And for some reasons they seem to happen more in the North while our Government pretend it does not exist because of the fear of Hausa-Fulani. Its time to hold them to task. There is nothing acceptable about a Status quo that allows close to 1000 citizens massacred between Jan - March most of the women and children.

We should tackle the problem head on and stop pretending it does not exist. This is political correctness gone crazy.

The basis of our ONENESS should not be looking the other way while people exibit behaviours that should belong to the medieval age.

you cant rule out ethnic domination when you address nigeria problem. i will rather say the hausa-dominated military government have shyed away from the crisis over time and the democratic government have not really taken the necessary political will to effectively solve the situation.you and i knew of how the niger delta crisis caused a lot of problems,live were lost but the whole of nigeria didnt give up on the region until the federal govt decided ti dialogue with the militants.here we are now,atleast the problem has reduced drastically.why didnt people call for secession then.what jos crisis need is govt solution once and for  all
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by CrudeOil2(m): 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
So you really believe our problem is only bad governance? What are the reasons for your own deluded conclusion?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2010
Crude Oil:

So you really believe our problem is only bad governance? What are the reasons for your own deluded conclusion?

Lmao!

grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Kgdavid(m): 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
Here on the continent of Africa, which probably has the most diverse cultures and ethnic groups in the world, our right to self determination has been grossly abused even before we knew it. we have been forced to call strangers our brothers and our brothers no longer recognize us. What do i mean? Tribes/Nations have been wrenched apart and given new identities by a man who did not know or understand them. i must ask: can two walk together unless they agree? "A nation is a grouping of people who share real or imagined common history, culture, language or ethnic origin, often possessing or seeking its own government." on the basis of that definition, nigeria as a state does not exist as a true nation but rather as a collection of nations. The ibo nation, the yoruba nation, the hausa nation and so many others. How then did such an eclectic variation of 'nations' arrive unanimously at the decision to become one state?the answer: they did not! They were forced to by the brittish colonialists who had an administrative problem to solve and did so by creating one big protectorate. the fact is that the igbo, yoruba, bini and the other groups located in the 'south' can be linked n their lineage. These groups therefore share the characteristics that qualify them to be called a 'nation'. However, it is now too late to successfully divide Nigeria.can you tell which is water and which is soil when you look at clay? Upon independence this division should have taken place and we would be spared the headaches we are facing now. The only other viable option for Nigeria now is a violent revolution which would give this country a fresh start. Jefferson said 'the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants'. Democracy must be given a chance. We must cease to see ourselves as Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or Fulani. We are Africans. We must not define ourselves within the limits of our religions calling ourselves christians, muslims or animists.We are human beings. God save Nigeria!!
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2010
debosky:

If you lost family members to the various ethnic crises in Nigeria you might think differently.

If you had flares making your environment hot and uncomfortable and polluted while someone uses the money from your oil to build good houses while you live in utmost poverty, you might think differently.

If you lost loved ones to accidents because resources are not evenly distributed because of a lack of a working federal structure, you might feel differently.

If you brought up children, sent them on NYSC only for them to be senselessly killed by some religious bigots, you'll think differently.

Some people are not doing badly in the current Nigerian system and cannot be expected to advocate a break up. But to insult the millions of people IN NIGERIA whose lives are a living hell by claiming only those abroad want a break up is unacceptable.

Everyone judges from their own perspectives. . . .we will never all agree on the matter.

the problem is that breaking up of nigeria is not going to solve most of those problems

so if we break up nigeria - will ibos - always the victims in crises up north, all pack up and relocate from there?

alams and co will continue where our senators have left off, building their bi g houses while their constituents suffer

accidents occur everywhere in nigeria - we have bad roads, armed robbers killer policemen everywhere

NYSC - i favour scrapping it - because it only cements prejudice - most people go to villages where they meet the rawest most insular members of nigerias tribes

anyway - like u said - i am one of those er managing in the current nigerian system

but when people keep shouting breakup - what i see is liberia/sierra leone
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2010
Crude Oil:

nigeria will be 50 years old and for so long we've had military at the head of affairs save for the interrupted featuring of democratic govt that  subsequently do not last.now tell for those time that we dont have a people govt,do you think nigeria will move forward.do you think a military govt would have handle the niger delta crisis the way yaradua handled it.such hostile govt would have faced the militants with force,probably lead to another genocide.the bottomline is if you have a bad leader,small probems keep gathering until a later time when it explodes and people wonder how such happened.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
oyb:

the problem is that breaking up of nigeria is not going to solve most of those problems

so if we break up nigeria - will ibos - always the victims in crises up north, all pack up and relocate from there?

alams and co will continue where our senators have left off, building their bi g houses while their constituents suffer

accidents occur everywhere in nigeria - we have bad roads, armed robbers killer policemen everywhere

NYSC - i favour scrapping it  - because it only cements prejudice - most people go to villages where they meet the rawest most insular members of nigerias tribes

anyway - like u said - i am one of those er managing in the current nigerian system

but when people keep shouting breakup - what i see is liberia/sierra leone

The negativity of people like you is the reason we are dangling for the last 50 years, because people like you flushed us with their ifs and buts. No progress will ever come from ifs and buts, nobody put their money in stocks and share based on your negative ifs and buts.
Like I said before, allow us to break up, then if we find out that it is a mistake or missing each other like hell, let us come back. But to you, you don’t want to do anything, rather keep doing the exact thing as been done for 50 year, recycle the same rogue and now turn by turn presidency that produced Yar Adua and will produce another Yar Adua next year.
If any Igbo want to live outside Igboland after breakup, that is the person’s choice and he knew what he is putting himself into just like many has chosen to live in Cameroon or Gabon etc, unlike now, he was meant to be living in his own country like a complete stranger, called a non indigene in his own country. All Igbo states has Igbo politician, the same for Yoruba and other groups, you rather call a spade a spade then. I believe in one Nigeria the day an Ijaw man will become the governor of Ebonyi state, Igbo man the governor or speaker in Katsina or a Yoruba man representing Zamfara in the senate. That is what you call one country.
What exactly is the relationship between Liberia with Nigeria, if not that Liberia just like Nigeria fought a civil war that ended only few years ago but now making more progress than Nigeria and can actually organise a simple election.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Dominoifet(m): 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Hatch the poster

"He who trades security for freedom, deserves neither" -Benjamin Franklin."He that love his life shall lose it, but he that lose his life shall have it"-JESUS CHRIST. Until u face ur oppressor and use his weapon better than he does. U will not have security nor freedom.This is a bad thread, Hatch bury the hatchet
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
The negativity of people like you is the reason we are dangling for the last 50 years,  because people like you flushed us with their ifs and buts.  No progress will ever come from ifs and buts, nobody put their money in stocks and share based on your negative ifs and buts.

offtopic - smart investor pick stocks based on analysis and forethought - not emotion - which is what most of those calling for the breakup of nigeria are coming up with.

Like I said before, allow us to break up, then if we find out that it is a mistake or missing each other like hell, let us come back. But to you, you don’t want to do anything, rather keep doing the exact thing as been done for 50 year, recycle the same rogue and now turn by turn presidency that produced Yar Adua and will produce another Yar Adua next year.

unmitigated bs. do you think a natioon is like a hollywood marriage where you can break up and make up again? all the rogues in ngovernments, are they not from tribes across nigeria - if we have a an odua republuic - is it not bola tinubu we will recycle? if a south south republic, is it not peter odili or ibori? so what will the difference be?

If any Igbo want to live outside Igboland after breakup, that is the person’s choice and he knew what he is putting himself into just like many has chosen to live in Cameroon or Gabon etc, unlike now, he was meant to be living in his own country like a complete stranger, called a non indigene in his own country.  All Igbo states has Igbo politician, the same for Yoruba and other groups, you rather call a spade a spade then.  I believe in one Nigeria the day an Ijaw man will become the governor of Ebonyi state, Igbo man the governor or speaker in Katsina or a Yoruba man representing Zamfara in the senate. That is what you call one country.

i don't quite follow you - but a major reason why people are agitating for a breakup of nigeria is the misguided belief that this will somehow lead to an end of bloodletting in the north. as citizens of a different nation, the jihadists etal will ahev even less reason to exercise restraint if the go on rampage. capish?

What exactly is the relationship between Liberia with Nigeria, if not that Liberia just like Nigeria fought a civil war that ended only few years ago but now making more progress than Nigeria and can actually organise a simple election.

it is very unlikely that the breakup you are agitating for will be peaceful. those of us who are in nigeria have no desire to become refugees, to witness even worse horrors than we are already witnessing - child soldiers, short sleeve, rape as a weapon of war - the whole frightening shebang you see on cnn.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2010
Eziachi:

The negativity of people like you is the reason we are dangling for the last 50 years, because people like you flushed us with their ifs and buts. No progress will ever come from ifs and buts, nobody put their money in stocks and share based on your negative ifs and buts.
If any Igbo want to live outside Igboland after breakup, that is the person’s choice and he knew what he is putting himself into just like many has chosen to live in Cameroon or Gabon etc, unlike now, he was meant to be living in his own country like a complete stranger, called a non indigene in his own country. All Igbo states has Igbo politician, the same for Yoruba and other groups, you rather call a spade a spade then. I believe in one Nigeria the day an Ijaw man will become the governor of Ebonyi state, Igbo man the governor or speaker in Katsina or a Yoruba man representing Zamfara in the senate. That is what you call one country.

you made it very simplified as if it would be a smooth process.some of us see more than the present situation and that is why i personally do not favour secession.you cant guarantee that it may not lead to another civil war where deaths would be recorded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Many Countries Do We Have In This World / Obiano Plunges Anambra Into $63M Debt - DMO (pic) / Nnamdi Kanu: Yorubas Confess. 60% Real Estate In Lagos Owned By Igbos. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.