Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,746 members, 7,844,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant (6741 Views)

See 20 Countries Currently Agitating For Their Independence worldwide (pic) / Anybody Who Bombs Himself Thinking He Will Go To Heaven Is Delusional – Sultan / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2010
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by EzeUche(m): 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2010
Why hasn't this thread been placed in the other section?

Because the moderators agree with this thread? It seems like these moderators are not unbiassed. Moderators should be seen, not heard.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Sunofgod(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2010
Muslims are evil animals,
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ayettymama(f): 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2010
^^ we dont even need to go that far!

lets just say not everyone wants to be forced to live under laws of religious nature!!

i even heard a yoruba state wanted sharia- were thier fathers fathers muslim??

if we were to implement any law it should be sango law- or ifa law- or obatala law

some people sef- tha arabs that brought the religion to you have abandoned it and are printin thier names on oil pipes

whilst the africans and asians are busy choppin off heads raging battles!

what a shame!
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ we dont even need to go that far!

lets just say not everyone wants to be forced to live under laws of religious nature!!

i even heard a yoruba state wanted sharia- were thier fathers fathers muslim??

if we were to implement any law it should be sango law- or ifa law- or obatala law

some people sef- tha arabs that brought the religion to you have abandoned it and are printin thier names on oil pipes

whilst the africans and asians are busy choppin off heads raging battles!

what a shame!

Very funny indeed, Arabs are busy maiming and killing from Sudan to Egypt and from Lebanon to Yemen.

What are you on about ? In the middle east thousands fall victim to Islamic terrorism on a monthly basis.

Only the Saudi and Dubai princes are printing their names on oil pipes.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ayettymama(f): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2010
im pointing out that africans take things esp religion too seriously

from where the religion came they have moved on

saudi arabia is not like people make it out to be

the story u read here and there in the media is nothing compared to what they do in china!

the last mass bombin i read abt was done by pakistanis!
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by invisible2(m): 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2010
Nigeria will break up soon, we have clearly come to the end of the road. This union is not working and we need to try something else. Its not by force na! Let the people go since our leaders are so so incompetent. Mediocrity rules over brilliance.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2010
invisible!:

Nigeria will break up soon, we have clearly come to the end of the road. This union is not working and we need to try something else. Its not by force na! Let the people go since our leaders are so so incompetent. Mediocrity rules over brilliance.

LOL! How come it is only on Nairaland that there is agitation for Nigeria's break up ! shocked
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2010
hatch#:

LOL! How come it is only on Nairaland that there is agitation for Nigeria's break up ! shocked

What a question. Now let us make it more applicable. How many Nigeria oriented forum do you use? Face book might be a place you want to check out.

How come the general indication is that people are willing to try something new, but you never seem to accept this particular point?

Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
ElRazur:

What a question. Now let us make it more applicable. How many Nigeria oriented forum do you use? Face book might be a place you want to check out.

How come the general indication is that people are willing to try something new, but you never seem to accept this particular point?

This hatch guy is a strange character Emeritus, grin grin grin grin

How he comes to his crazy conclusions is beyond me.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2010
Probably he is rich and have a lot to lose? Something that I understand and appreciate, but then it is not enough to dismiss the views of others or use it to hold millions of people to ransom who may want a different approach. That will just put him to be an enemy of progress in my eyes.

I hope he proves me wrong.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by osayi200: 9:04pm On Mar 20, 2010
Let us tread carefully. We can start the separation by by introducing regional devolution of powers. If we are still having acure problems then we can go further. But the sad thing is our leaders are not even trying to find a solution. Those who want separtion just want to be able to control their own affairs without outside influence. Complete devolution of power will give those people what they want.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:31am On Mar 21, 2010
ElRazur:

Dude. Don't get mad at this. I have answered enough question and posted enough views on this particular issue you are saying. You may want to check the Original thread [the one with the poll asking if Nigeria should break up etc] It is about 29 pages or so long now and I contributed from page one to about 17 or so. Plenty post of mine in there for you to read.

It gets tiring going round and round in circles. Before you ask any question, pause and think it is higly likely that one person don ask am before and plenty answer don follow. smiley

Here is a simple answer. A break up will see a new dawn and give the people the feeling of hope. That in itself is very powerful. Now, depending on how the break up is - whether war is involved or not - It will bring home some truth to the people.

The resulting break away region will be much more manageable. The current system in which Nigeria operate is a fraud [Something already explained in the thread I am asking you to read. Look out for a post by "Beaf"].  Each region can decide how to manage effectively their own growth, development, etc.  Less number in population will mean a more manageable one etc. For more answers, read the original thread. Thank you. smiley
Nopes I am not mad, I catch your drift. The difference between our points of view is that mine is grounded in reality while you have just picked one case scenario out of the possible dozens that a break up will give.
No one lords over a state Governor on how to spend the resources of the state, if one state or local government cannot yet buckle down and do things right then I am afraid chances are they never will. Hope is good but brother common is hope going to change Ibori who is widely quoted as saying that his family would rule delta state for 20 years, 12 of the 20 is gone already now and I am sure the next 4 is in the kitty already for them.
My point is simple, Governance has failed in the smallest of levels, its not that these things are not there but the only vision our chancellors, LG chairmen have is to steal money and I am having serious difficulty reconciling that with the need to break up.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by platinumnk(f): 5:01am On Mar 21, 2010
Those who think that only "Nairaland" is seeking seperation are CLEARLY deluded.

I will say it again! Those who refuse change are those who benefit from the way Nigeria is !

What benefit do we have staying together?

What do our future generations have to look foward to?
School Strikes?
Poor Healthcare?
Bad Roads?
No Emergency Services?
No Electricty?

It is nearing 2011 and we are living off Generators I dont see here unless there is a Hurricane!
What kinda life is this we just sit and fold or hands?
As long as we accept the bread crumbs?

You complain about us living abroad?
Who can blame them??
Why should US/UK be a "better" life?

Why do we have our people killing themselves to cross borders?

Can you see how Malaysia came and took the palm kernel and built their country?
How long are we going to say enough is enough!

How many months till 2011?
You think something magical is going to happen to fix the govermental structure!
See the top leaders all of una playing like pawns.
The Igbos want out, the Hausas want out . .
As long as it doesnt affect your own , and your funds its all good right ?

Well go back to that plantain seller and ask him would he take up arms for a better future for his generations!

And see if he dont ask for a sign up list.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by SEFAGO(m): 5:44am On Mar 21, 2010
What do our future generations have to look foward to?
School Strikes?
Poor Healthcare?
Bad Roads?
No Emergency Services?
No Electricty?

It is nearing 2011 and we are living off Generators I dont see here unless there is a Hurricane!
What kinda life is this we just sit and fold or hands?
As long as we accept the bread crumbs?

This problem is synonymous with Africa, has nothing to do with breaking up. As usual no one has given a concrete reason why we should break up. I don't see how school strikes, healthcare, bad roads and other stuff would be fixed by a break up which is going to be both economically unfeasible as well as likely to be plagued with a corrupt government.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by platinumnk(f): 5:56am On Mar 21, 2010
^^ There are a lot of people who can care less about the welfare of others, as long as they make their personal gain.

What do we gain with staying together?
Two main groups that seek seperation?

Believe me, there are people who care, they need to be granted a better opportunity.

Look at Korea, what happened to South Korea and North Korea?

Even China Mainland and Hongkong

As long as people form over the new Blackberry, they wont stand up to the reason why there is no electricty to charge it.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by manmustwac(m): 6:10am On Mar 21, 2010
so if nigeria eventually broke up will that stop our state governors from being corrupt and finally realise thier responsibilities to thier people? I think not. What nigeria really needs is good leadership.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 21, 2010
Two main groups that seek seperation?

what two main groups?

perusing the internet , i come across posits by western simpletons that nigria is evenly split along christain and muslim lines - and that ALL christians/muslims want out

well guess what even in the so called  core muslim north there are Hausa and fulani christains -  the so called christian south there are Yoruba muslims, edo muslims, ijaw muslims

the duplicity of the western and largely christian media in nigeria in painting he jos crisis in solely religious lines is adding to the delusion that nigeria can be split into homogenous muslim/christian entities , and that that will somehow resolve the crises facing the country

the clearest sign that the issues in jos are not purely religious comes from the fact that jos did not become a hotbed until after nigeria returned to demoracy, and the birom and Fulani began a bitter power play

Even China Mainland and Hongkong

how does a former british colony that has been handed back to its owners come into this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Korea

The division of Korea into North Korea and South Korea stems from the 1945 Allied victory in World War II, ending Japan's 35-year colonial rule of Korea. In a proposal opposed by nearly all Koreans, the United States and the Soviet Union agreed to temporarily occupy the country as a trusteeship  with the zone of control demarcated along the 38th parallel. The purpose of this trusteeship was to establish a Korean provisional government which would become "free and independent in due course."[1]  Though elections were scheduled, the two superpowers backed different leaders and two states were effectively established, each of which claimed sovereignty over the whole Korean peninsula.

The Korean War (1950-1953) left the two Koreas separated by the DMZ, remaining technically at war through the Cold War to the present day. North Korea is a communist state, often described as Stalinist and isolationist. Its economy initially enjoyed substantial growth but collapsed in the 1990s, unlike that of its Communist neighbor China. South Korea emerged, after decades of authoritarian rule, as a capitalist liberal democracy with one of the largest economies in the world.

Since the 1990s, with progressively liberal South Korean administrations, as well as the death of North Korean founder Kim Il-sung, the two sides have taken small, symbolic steps towards a possible Korean reunification.[2]

there is also the assumpton that breaking nigeria up will lead to some sort of homgenous entity - ibos will all migrate to the east, hausas will all mgrate up north and so forth. not going to happen. ibos for one , are ALL OVER nigeria - even in the much vilified zamfara state. you think they want to leave that for meagre business pickings down south?

^^ There are a lot of people who can care less about the welfare of others, as long as they make their personal gain.

and these people are muslims, christians, hausas, ibos, yorubs, biroms etc - they will still be around in the balkanized entities, and it will still be business as usual.

i also see more ijaw /itekiri ife /modakeke type beef in these entities. maybe those too will eventually break first split nigeria among major tribes - then minor tribes, the sub dialect, then families and so on until the former nigeria is a mass of family states or maybe individual states

people are just asking for anarchy. i doubt if the nation of the niger delta, for instance, will have any sort of army - so mend and its offshoots will run completely amok fighting each other for control - just one example.

as or the Christians stranded in the core north . . .

and it goes on and on - from frying pan to inferno
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by platinumnk(f): 6:34am On Mar 21, 2010
@mmwac- as smaller countries the people have a stronger control.
Seperated- for instance into 3 countries, it turns itself to focus on its own resources.
The East would be just as good for business, PH has a port. .
Development would create jobs and greater benefits for everyone.
More focus on power structure, due to less area.

Factories used to build machinery and etc would fund the country and feed the hungry throught workforce.
How can The east take help from the likes of Lagos who dont give a damm

You worry about corruption, Corruption will prevail if Nigeria doesnt split.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 21, 2010
@mmwac- as smaller countries the people have a stronger control.
Seperated- for instance into 3 countries, it turns itself to focus on its own resources.
The East would be just as good for business, PH has a port. .
Development would create jobs and greater benefits for everyone.
More focus on power structure, due to less area.

Factories used to build machinery and etc would fund the country and feed the hungry throught workforce.
How can The east take help from the likes of Lagos who dont give a damm Huh

You worry about corruption, Corruption will prevail if Nigeria doesnt split.

this is way to simplistic

corruption will prevail if Nigeria doesn't split - do you think corruption is a function of size and being heterogenous ? that sounds like an argument for national purity as a solution to a nsatins problems - variant on eugenics that ultimately led to 'the final solution'

How can The east take help from the likes of Lagos who dont give a damm Huh

how many power stations do we have in nigeria?

how will those be split? and what about the power transmission infrastructure?

factories require power to run, you know.

do you think all the issues hampering industrial growth will up and disappear?

will host communities become friendly, will police stop extra judicial killings, will kidnapping cease,

i hope you're not going to give the tired saw about how we have crime because of corruption - SA is the leading light in africa both in development and armed robbery
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by platinumnk(f): 7:19am On Mar 21, 2010
^Power Stuctures can be built, and it turns creates opportunities for some.

Countries have spilt before, its not the end of the world.

What good is Nepa now? undecided
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 21, 2010
Countries have spilt before, its not the end of the world.

almost always violently

this is what gets most of us in nigeria pissed off at disaporans.

if you guys would all commit to be in nigeria when this split is taking place, and to join the rest of us in becoming refugees, to watch gun battles from yur window, rather than from CNN, then you may be credible

but to blithely intimate that the fallout from splitting of nation states is not the end of the world. . .

^Power Stuctures can be built, and it turns creates opportunities for some.

no where near as simple as you are making it out to be
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by invisible2(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2010
Nigeria should break up! There is nothing anywhere to suggest that things can ever change here, more hungry thieves are joining the ones in government. When will they get tired of free money - forever and one day! We have so much personalized corruption that it has become the only way of life here, abomination! Honest views are being squeezed out in favour of crookery, things are getting worse even as I speak, this nation is doomed to failure, let's allow the obvious to happen.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by SEFAGO(m): 8:01am On Mar 21, 2010
Nigeria should break up! There is nothing anywhere to suggest that things can ever change here, more hungry thieves are joining the ones in government.

So how would a break-up solve this problems? Even moreso are we certain a break up will solve this problems?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by invisible2(m): 8:15am On Mar 21, 2010
@sefago, when you need to move and you drive into a cul-de-sac (close ended street) naturally you will want to reverse and seek another option, road, street or even swim across a canal.
We have come to the end of the road here, do you want to remain in the cul-de-sac?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by SEFAGO(m): 8:17am On Mar 21, 2010
invisible!:

@sefago, when you need to move and you drive into a cul-de-sac (close ended street) naturally you will want to reverse and seek another option, road, street or even swim across a canal.
We have come to the end of the road here, do you want to remain in the cul-de-sac?

Then we could consider other options, i.e la revolution, we dont need to break up then, that is not the only available option
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 21, 2010
Nigeria should break up! There is nothing anywhere to suggest that things can ever change here, more hungry thieves are joining the ones in government. When will they get tired of free money - forever and one day! We have so much personalized corruption that it has become the only way of life here, abomination! Honest views are being squeezed out in favour of crookery, things are getting worse even as I speak, this nation is doomed to failure, let's allow the obvious to happen.

let me see

nigeria is backward because it is ruled by corrupt, selfis men

therefore the solution is to beak up nigeria to several different entities that will still be run by the same corrupt, selfish men.

bravo.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by invisible2(m): 8:25am On Mar 21, 2010
My problem is the type of people that make up the other sections of the country. This is what I think, housa/fulanis and some other tribes can never see the reason to join a revolution, why?

These people are content the way they are and will frown at anyone thinking the way I do, they will think we are too fast, too foward, too materialistic, too carefree, too freeminded and therefore will remove themselves from any revlot plans. The rulers that come from there are too slow,( its their nature) that they may never drive us out of this quagmire and they see it as they are doing the best.

WE ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE! Chikena!
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 21, 2010
Eziachi:

A person place of residency doesn’t diminish their knowledge of Nigeria and then ask yourself, why those abroad left in the first place if not the overwhelming impact of Nigeria you are claiming to know better than they do? It is a shallow reasoning and insulting for people like you to keep up with this argument about one’s residency.  Maybe because diasporas have lived abroad they have seen how a country is meant to be run and cannot be deceived again by the talk of tomorrow will be great based only on faith without work.
They have seen a nation like United Kingdom with almost 1000 years of history, but deemed it fit to devolved powers to their regions to stop the tide of quest for independent by the home nations of Scotland or Wales. So don’t pretend to know the mind of Alaba plantain sellers more than those abroad, because if not for those abroad, some at home can’t go to school or even eat once a day. One Nigeria crusaders like you, I have dared many times to put the one Nigeria question in a ballot box and let us see what the response will be, if not stop pontificating to know more than anyone else whether home or abroad.
During the dark days of Abacha, it was NADECO and others that fought for whatever semblance of demo crazy you are enjoying today, where was majority of NADECO member based or ran to during the struggle? Abroad! Where was the fund that supported the course comes from? Abroad!
If internet is not effective as you tend to belittling it, what are you doing on this forum? Mandela must be silly when he said that “Had there been internet during the apartheid era, the evil of apartheid would have been cut shot earlier.-unquote

now ask yourself.what have the so-called nigerians in diaspora done to develop this country other than their numeous complaints.you claimed they have seen the way a country is run abroad and i will say;why cant they come back home and make the change or are they forbidden from contesting elections in their fatherland?.i have said it times without number that a referendum is the only thing that will determine if the TRUE home-based nigerians want secession or not.the nadeco members were challenging a military govt that KILLED a lot of oppositions which was why some of them seek asylum abroad or are they to face the babangida killer squad to be seen as real democrats also it was not funded by the regime but was infiltrated by agents of babangida to distabilize it. how does that relate to what we are talking about when nadeco objective was never about secession but opposition to bad leadership.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by invisible2(m): 8:53am On Mar 21, 2010
Sorry if I sound different but those abroad may not even help matters. Chimaroke Nnamani came back from his medical practice in the US, contested and won the Enugu guber elections and left as a name to beat in thieffry! He was a crook all the way. Most Nigerians are not leading honest lives abroad anyway.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

now ask yourself.what have the so-called nigerians in diaspora done to develop this country other than their numeous complaints.you claimed they have seen the way a country is run abroad and i will say;why cant they come back home and make the change or are they forbidden from contesting elections in their fatherland?.i have said it times without number that a referendum is the only thing that will determine if the TRUE home-based nigerians want secession or not.the nadeco members were challenging a military govt that KILLED a lot of oppositions which was why some of them seek asylum abroad or are they to face the babangida killer squad to be seen as real democrats also it was not funded by the regime but was infiltrated by agents of babangida to distabilize it. how does that relate to what we are talking about when nadeco objective was never about secession but opposition to bad leadership.

maurice iwu , daniel kanu, koro - diasporans.

most of them come to nigeria and out nigeria our politicians. only different one okonjo iweala

i have seen the same behavior in expats - they come here and immediately start jumping queue, breaking the law, . . .
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 21, 2010
invisible!:

Sorry if I sound different but those abroad may not even help matters. Chimaroke Nnamani came back from his medical practice in the US, contested and won the Enugu guber elections and left as a name to beat in thieffry! He was a crook all the way. Most Nigerians are not leading honest lives abroad anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Husband Saved Lekwot From Death, Says Maryam Abacha / Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference / Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.