Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,673 members, 7,844,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant (6739 Views)

See 20 Countries Currently Agitating For Their Independence worldwide (pic) / Anybody Who Bombs Himself Thinking He Will Go To Heaven Is Delusional – Sultan / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by hatch: 11:19am On Mar 20, 2010
sleek_p:

I stopped seeing sense with these internet warriors long time ago. They stay very very far away and threaten fire and brimstone. As some here said, if you trully think a divide is the answer to all our problems then come home and lead the "Biafran" or "Oduduwa"army.

my brother leave these internet warriors to what they do best.  grin

They are usually the first to post bad news about this country on threads and will give anything to see mayhem happen here while they sit their behinds faraway .  grin
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by TippyTop(m): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2010
The logic you are employing is flawed. When war happens, the people who actually lead the nation to war are never at the forefront

True talk Elrazur, the people who lead are those in London behind a computer desk, ROFLMAO!!!
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 20, 2010
Tippy Top:

@frosbel & Elrazur
Your  just won't get it, if you want a break up come back home and lead the charge.

Do you hear voices in your head and which hospital did you say you were in London?

'

Is it Tippy or Silly Top, anyway whichever.

What do you smoke when making all these stupid statements like ' silly azzes ' and a legion of many more incomprehensible gibberish ?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2010
hatch#:

my brother leave these internet warriors to what they do best.  grin

They are usually the first to post bad news about this country on threads and will give anything to see mayhem happen here while they sit their behinds faraway .  grin

Okay let us assume that Nigeria should remain one , provide us with two solutions for the following issues :

1. Constant and non stop Slaughtering of Christians in the North for decades.
2. Invasion of other land owned by minority groups by the Fulani terrorists.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by TippyTop(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2010
frosbel:

Okay let us assume that Nigeria should remain one , provide us with two solutions for the following issues :

1. Constant and non stop Slaughtering of Christians in the North for decades.
2. Invasion of other land owned by minority groups by the Fulani terrorists.

You belong in the religion section else you woulda seen that in January we Christians attacked the Muslims. These constant t.i.t for tat is symbiotic of the people who live in that area mugu.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by sleekp1: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2010
@hatch

my brother leave these internet warriors to what they do best.  Grin

They are usually the first to post bad news about this country on threads and will give anything to see mayhem happen here while they sit their behinds faraway .

You would think people see the "paradise" that is Europe or America and want to come back and help develop the land of their forefathers, not stay thousands of miles and preach intolerance. These people may not be better than those they left behind. You can take a man away from the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto mentality out of some people here.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2010
ElRazur:

It sucks when people cannot see the bigger picture. Millions of people are suffering in a land of plenty and the general indication - NOT MINE - is that people have had enough and will try a different approach. How hard is it to understand this?

A poll is meaningless on Nairaland, haven't you heard?

When it comes to "breaking up" [gosh the dreaded word] there are various option. One could be having Autonomous region etc. While it is not the kind of breaking you seem to think, it is still a form of "breaking up" if you see what I mean.

While the Igbo may perhaps not want another war, they surely do want their own break away region or state of Biafra. smiley
It sucks that the log in your eye is preventing you from seeing the bigger picture, are people suffering because other tribes are lording on them I have been asking countless number of times, the Niger delta governors steal more than their counterparts, would breaking up the country solve this problem? no? heck no!
Simply say we should practice true federalism and even though I do not think it is the answer to our question it is a step in the right direction but not the holy grail nonetheless.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by lannre(m): 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2010
Shame ! thought we will get nearer, its all about insults on Nairaland . Why ? is there any reward for insults ?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by SapeleGuy: 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2010
Some people just like to cause confusion.  If you can not repair your street, tell me how you can repair your state or the whole country.

Nigeria is already broken up accept it. Bakassi was surrendered, we have 6 geo political zones, 36 states & 774 local government. We just need to make it work.

We all need to hold our leaders (from president right down to local government chairman and councillors) accountable.
Every year ask them what they have done and if they haven't achieved put them under tremendous pressure.

When we remove federal character - believe in equality, introduce resource control and 50% derivation principle, start industrialisation in all zones and respect each other for what we can do, then we will begin to make progress.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by lannre(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Some people just like to cause confusion.  If you can not repair your street, tell me how you can repair your state or the whole country.

Nigeria is already broken up accept it. Bakassi was surrendered, we have 6 geo political zones, 36 states & 774 local government. We just need to make it work.

We all need to hold our leaders (from president right down to local government chairman and councillors) accountable.
Every year ask them what they have done and if they haven't achieved put them under tremendous pressure.

When we remove federal character - believe in equality, introduce resource control and 50% derivation principle, start industrialisation in all zones and respect each other for what we can do, then we will begin to make progress.

@ SapeleGuy

I cant but agree with you,but how do we start this I mean to hold the leaders accountable,I am of the Opinion that the EFCC should stop running after politician, they should start their investigation from the civil servant who have no immunity or whatever law that will stop any leader from been investigated. Its just a pity many rots are withing the EFCC ,they have failed woefully . Its just noise now no serious work . This Fraud is very alarming!
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by redsun(m): 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2010
Naturally nigeria can conviniently split into three countries but the fact remains that the general orientation of nigerians is the same,delusion,so spliting the country into millions won't make any difference because down even to family units people are still ready to cut their brothers or sisters throat as a result of greed,misconceptions,LAZINESS and instant gratifications.

The moment nigerians start seeing the need to build instead of derstroying,will be the moment of salvation.The good and THE competent should rule over the bad and the incompetent instead of the evil ones and the incompetent ruling over the former as it is today.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2010
redsun:

Naturally nigeria can conviniently split into three countries but the fact remains that the general orientation of nigerians is the same,delusion,so spliting the country into millions won't make any difference because down even to family units people are still ready to cut their brothers or sisters throat as a result of greed,misconceptions,LAZINESS and instant gratifications.

The moment nigerians start seeing the need to build instead of derstroying,will be the moment of salvation.The good and THE competent should rule over the bad and the incompetent instead of the evil ones and the incompetent ruling over the former as it is today.

Sorry but I do consider as brothers and sisters those that commit the crime of and support the actions to the slaughtering of Igbos just because of their religion.

Have you ever lived in the North, I guess not, Its like a totally different experience.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by monkeyleg: 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2010
why cant we face up to the truth in Nigeria? the truth is really hard to swallow. Can soemone please tell me how Nigeria is working as one entity?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

It sucks that the log in your eye is preventing you from seeing the bigger picture, are people suffering because other tribes are lording on them I have been asking countless number of times, the Niger delta governors steal more than their counterparts, would breaking up the country solve this problem? no? heck no!
Simply say we should practice true federalism and even though I do not think it is the answer to our question it is a step in the right direction but not the holy grail nonetheless.

Dude. Don't get mad at this. I have answered enough question and posted enough views on this particular issue you are saying. You may want to check the Original thread [the one with the poll asking if Nigeria should break up etc] It is about 29 pages or so long now and I contributed from page one to about 17 or so. Plenty post of mine in there for you to read.

It gets tiring going round and round in circles. Before you ask any question, pause and think it is higly likely that one person don ask am before and plenty answer don follow. smiley

Here is a simple answer. A break up will see a new dawn and give the people the feeling of hope. That in itself is very powerful. Now, depending on how the break up is - whether war is involved or not - It will bring home some truth to the people.

The resulting break away region will be much more manageable. The current system in which Nigeria operate is a fraud [Something already explained in the thread I am asking you to read. Look out for a post by "Beaf"]. Each region can decide how to manage effectively their own growth, development, etc. Less number in population will mean a more manageable one etc. For more answers, read the original thread. Thank you. smiley
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ziga: 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2010
monkeyleg:

why cant we face up to the truth in Nigeria? the truth is really hard to swallow. Can soemone please tell me how Nigeria is working as one entity?

Ok. Nigeria is not working as one entity.

The solution to the problem is in finding out why Nigeria is not working as one entity.

So, i want to ask, why is Nigeria not working as one entity?
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by SapeleGuy: 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2010
lannre:

@ SapeleGuy

I cant but agree with you,but how do we start this I mean to hold the leaders accountable,I am of the Opinion that the EFCC should stop running after politician, they should start their investigation from the civil servant who have no immunity or whatever law that will stop any leader from been investigated. Its just a pity many rots are withing the EFCC ,they have failed woefully . Its just noise now no serious work . This Fraud is very alarming!

I agree with you EFCC need to turn their attention to the Civil Servant because nah dem dey spoil the country.
From the admin officer who can make lost files magically appear after a dose of Roger to The civil servant who only goes to work 2 out of 5 days.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by SapeleGuy: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
ziga:

So, i want to ask, why is Nigeria not working as one entity?

Because it isn't one and never has been. They say a fool at 40 is a fool for life, we will be 50 this year. It is time for a change.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Sunofgod(m): 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2010
The North (parasites) know they bring nothing of value to this entity called Nigeria.

The rest of the country (hosts) know this and want to break away and create a ideological distance from their ways and views.

This is a typical parasite/host relationship - where the parasite has no problem with killing the host and the host knowing it must rid itself of the parasite.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by monkeyleg: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2010
We need to sit down as a country and either decide to live together in mutual respect of one another, if that cannot happen we need to go our separat.e ways. Whats is happening in Nigeria is not new, we are just not grown up about the whole issue
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2010
OgidiBoy:

@ EzeUche,

I'm also for the breaking up of Nigeria, but what is going to happen to all the Igbos from the North. I'm sure the Northerners would kick them all out

the North. What will happen to all these ppl when they come home. There won't be enough Jobs for all these ppl, what else will they do farm ?

Where is the land they will farm on. These are the few things my brother we have to consider before talking of Braking away.

What kind of question is that in the bolded? What will happen to all Igbos in the north is the same thing that is currently happening to Igbos in Cameroon, Togo, Ghana, United State, Germany etc. They will be migrants who chose the live where they are by choice according to the law of their host. If they kick them out, it is called deportation, just like Nigeria deported millions of Ghananian in Nigeria and who is better off today?

You people should stop making up excuses as you are already running out of one. Necesity is the mother of invention. A man and his wife do not have children because they have already have all the answers or money they needed to raise their children. If life is based in knowing every detail of what tomorrow will be, we will never do anything.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2010
Tippy Top:

Elrazur who claims to lead this Nigeria must divide said sometime ago that he cannot return to Nigeria because Nigeria is not advanced enough for his profession. For someone who does not plan on returning to "war torn Nigeria" why is he the  chief proponent of this madness?

Ezeachi,  another slowpoke residing over 10000 miles away who refuse to lead Biafra to the promised land, yet forever harps about the wisdom of breaking up.

frosbel, a worthless collection of bones who lives in a one room dungeon in London pops here now and again to vent anger and blame his misfortune on the Nigerian people. Do the math

I will not reduce myself to your level of low life. This is a forum for people to air their view irrespective of varied opinions, but your opinion chose to be the one from the gutters of life and you are entitled to it. Calling me or anyone else you don’t know a LOW LIFE for no justified reason tells everything about yourself and your upbringing. It must take a low life to know another low life. I don’t think my grand children can even descend to your level. Good luck to you!
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

And how will a break up solve that?

Reverse the question, how will a breakup not to solve the problem?
We have been together for fifty years and its not working and we want to try another way with break up and if it doesn't work too, why not let us all rush to come back together again? Is it better than sitting and doing nothing, hoping only on chance.

We have seen how those that broke up has done. India has become very successful, how they would have been shackled down with Pakistan?
15 emerging former Soviet Republic are not complaining either, even little unknown Luthuania has worked hard enough to build an economy that earn them membership of European Union but within the Soviet arrangement, just like Nigeria, Luthuania is not relevant in the scheme of things.

Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, even Kosovo has done very well since they left Yugoslavia and Montenegro that stayed with Serbia after Yugoslavia collapsed, has since three years ago, also called it a day with Serbia to be their own nation and Montenegro is only 600,000 people.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by SapeleGuy: 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2010
Tippy top - rather than all these insults, show how the problems can be solved. Patriotism for our country is not location dependent.
After all, the leeches spoiling the country are not overseas. Battle on the strength of your ideas and intellect. We await your response.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by ElRazur: 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Tippy top - rather than all these insults, show how the problems can be solved. Patriotism for our country is not location dependent.
After all, the leeches spoiling the country are not overseas. Battle on the strength of your ideas and intellect. We await your response.

It is like asking a man blind from birth to describe the colours of the rainbow. Or the aesthetics of a Ferrari. Good luck.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

The local government chairmen squander it, if you are not happy about the situation come back home come 2011 and make sure a credible accountable person is there. You want the whole nation to plunge into war because you paved roads in your village?[b]The east have their grievances against Nigeria and rightly so, but let us be fair here, all the states in the east have got a fair share of allocation from the fg monthly, how much have these governors done on their own? It is only a skewed mind that will think that the solution to our problems is breaking up![/b]On my way to the UK a few days back I had a chat with a woman who had not been to Nigeria in about 20 years and she was so impressed about how far lagos has come, she went to ogun state too and was appalled at how backwards they still are. If 20 out of the 36 state Governors had vision like fashola its a different Nigeria we would be talking about.

You guys should pause and take a look at this country, the first problem is not religion or tribe. . . it is GREED and when systems like those in lagos are set up to checkmate people we can see development and growth. When the east breaks from Nigeria is it not the same rouges who are in power that will still be there eh? Delta state has been ruled by the same extended family since the beginning of democracy how much of the hausa man's fault is that?
This is a sordid argument we have heard for ages but it doesn’t hold any water. The reason those governors don’t do much is because their ruler ship are based on the rules of those that gives them the monthly allocation. They are governed and guided by the culture of Nigeria and not the culture of the East instilled in us through our inherited cultures and traditions. (Omenani/Nso Ani)
What is the culture of Nigeria? Nigeria don’t have a culture, let alone the one that can guide a leader, hence they made up their own as they go along and sometimes influence by other external factors, like in the north where religion is their guiding principle, hence their clamour for Sharia law.  How many Western states were clamouring for Sharia irrespective of high rate of Moslems among them?
 The last time we had governments in the West/East under Chief Awo and Michael Okpara guided by our culture and tradition, the result was wonderful performances in term of achievements, as their governments based in Ibadan and Enugu is made at home and nearer to the people and not answerable to external forces as found with those of today, that only answers to their Abuja lords that manufactured them and imposed them on the people.
As I kept asking people like you, would OBJ have ever made it as a head of state of an Odua nation?  But it was Nigeria that made it possible for him to rule even twice, what does that tell you, when you start using present governor created by Nigeria as a measure of what the leadership of the merging nations will be?
Can you imagine SOMEONE like Ohakim of Imo state anywhere nears the leadership of a possible Biafra state or Yar Adua ahead of Buhari if isolated in an Arewa nation? Never!
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Sunofgod(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2010
Eziachi,

Wise words,
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Sunofgod(m): 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2010
Patriotism entails an element of sacrifice, the willingness to sacrifice your life for your country.

Muslims sacrifice their lives for their religion everyday - but rarely for their countries.

Americans sacrifice theirselves for their country everyday - but rarely for their religions.

Nigerians cannot in our current state be patriotic - UNLESS WE SPLIT!

Thats the only way we can ever hope to patriotic to our nation.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2010
Nigeria cannot and would not break up in our time. We re just too cowardly. The best we can do is to prepare d coming generation, by letting dm know that corruption is an anomaly and that incessant power failure and violent clashes re outdated and there is a need for the reconstitution of the current structure called Nigeria
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Sunofgod(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2010
Thats what the previous generation said, and now we are saying it?

This cannot be prolonged - the time is now.

Cowardise is a terrible thing.
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by Eziachi: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2010
hatch#:

@ ElRazur
Another disturbing FACT is that people like you will sit your behind far away in the UK, having fun making beats and advocating a Nigeria Break Up via your internet forums when you have the slightest idea of what is going on here in Nigeria.

your claim that a majority what a break up only show how deluded and confused you are. Ask the average Alaba trader or roadside roasted plantain seller about this your proposed "break up" gospel and you will be stunned with there responses.

Boy here is an advice for you, stick to your beat making and stop all this noise ranting about a majority wanting a break up.  undecided
A person place of residency doesn’t diminish their knowledge of Nigeria and then ask yourself, why those abroad left in the first place if not the overwhelming impact of Nigeria you are claiming to know better than they do? It is a shallow reasoning and insulting for people like you to keep up with this argument about one’s residency.  Maybe because diasporas have lived abroad they have seen how a country is meant to be run and cannot be deceived again by the talk of tomorrow will be great based only on faith without work.
They have seen a nation like United Kingdom with almost 1000 years of history, but deemed it fit to devolved powers to their regions to stop the tide of quest for independent by the home nations of Scotland or Wales. So don’t pretend to know the mind of Alaba plantain sellers more than those abroad, because if not for those abroad, some at home can’t go to school or even eat once a day. One Nigeria crusaders like you, I have dared many times to put the one Nigeria question in a ballot box and let us see what the response will be, if not stop pontificating to know more than anyone else whether home or abroad.
During the dark days of Abacha, it was NADECO and others that fought for whatever semblance of demo crazy you are enjoying today, where was majority of NADECO member based or ran to during the struggle? Abroad! Where was the fund that supported the course comes from? Abroad!
If internet is not effective as you tend to belittling it, what are you doing on this forum? Mandela must be stupid when he said that “Had there been internet during the apartheid era, the evil of apartheid would have been cut shot earlier.-unquote
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by SapeleGuy: 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2010
How dare you people call any one cowards?

It is not about cowardice. We have to be honest. We need to decentralise and empower the geopolitical zones. Make Abuja weak and unattractive for the looters.

Like Eziachi has alluded to what does it mean to be Nigerian? What values do we have? Which comes first your ethnicity or being a Nigerian?

I can only answer the last question, my ethnicity comes first
Re: People Agitating For Nigeria's Break Up Are Simply Delusional & Ignorant by redsun(m): 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2010
frosbel:

Sorry but I do consider as brothers and sisters those that commit the crime of and support the actions to the slaughtering of Igbos just because of their religion.

Have you ever lived in the North, I guess not, Its like a totally different experience.

It is the blind leadership made up of notherners.southerners,easterners and westerners that is breeding zombie like destitutes that can kill their poor miserable fellow sufferers without raising an eye lid due to frustration and hopelessness brought about by the vicious circle of retarded leaders we have always had ever since the independent.

Give me any tribeman or woman to pair up as business partner in nigeria anyday,i will choose a notherner,on average notherners are more honest in nigeria but the people representing them,just like the southern, eastern and western representatives are the monsters,they don't care about the commoners region and tribe not withstanding.

The leaders use the fundamental islamism to subdue the commoners mental faculties because they know that if the people are free from the spells of man made religion,the shackles will be broken,they will see the light and agitate for their fundamental human rights.

Show me any islamic or religious fundamentalist state,i will show you a backward state.Forget about the facades of middle east,they are all photo tricks,deep down people are still living in bondage apart from the leaders that are fooling them.

Organize religion apart from things like global warming is one the greatest threat to human civilization,it divisively subdue human reasoning.Islam is the follow up of christianity,though christianity is letting off its very barbaric and brutal side but they are both the same,islam copied christianity with some modification but based on the same principles of conquering minds and bodies of the lost by all means possible,imperialism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apc’s Roadmap For Job Creation. Action And Words / China Takes Major Step To Ban Islam / Why Biafrans 'support Donald Trump: BBC Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.