Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment (66746 Views)

Protest At Nigerian Maritime University, Delta As Student Dies Due To Negligence / Beauty Of Nigeria Maritime University, Okorenkoko, Delta State (Photos) / Nigerian Maritime University: Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ocdeut(m): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
NMUniversity:

No
okey. thanks
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by writeprof(m): 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
NMUniversity:

No
Pls, have names been shortlisted for interviews yet?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2018
NMUniversity:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to inform all prospective students that JAMB is required for admission consideration into Nigerian Maritime University (NMU).

NMU has started its admission process for the 2017/2018 academic session and an official advert would be posted here very soon to that effect. While that is coming up, prospective students that have written JAMB earlier and were not offered admission into any University, can indicate interest in NMU using JAMB's MARKETPLACE provided he/she meets the subject combination and NMU's Jamb cut-off that would be made know shortly.

NMU is already in the MARKETPLACE. JAMB would be contacting unadmitted students that are available in the marketplace based on our requests soon. Only those who accept and meet our requirements would be considered for admission.

Candidates would be contacted whether they chose NMU or not as University choice( one of the many advantages of the market place).
Once you accept, you must do a University change.

Lastly, NMU would be taking off with 3 pioneer faculties.

Listed below are the faculties and their respective departments
1. FACULTY OF TRANSPORT
Departments:
a. Transport Logistics
b. Management
c. Marine Economics & Finance
d. Ports Management

2. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Departments
a. Marine Engineering
b. Civil
c. Electrical
d. Mechanical
e. Petroleum & Gas

3. FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
Departments
a. Environmental management & pollution control
b. Metrology & Climate Change
c. fisheries & aquaculture
d. Marine Geology

KINDLY NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT SELLING ADMISSION FORMS! BEWARE OF FRAUDSTARS.

Our Website/portal would come live soon! Spread the good news.

NMU... in Pursuit of Excellence
What about Dept of Navigation & Nautical Science?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2018
efeturi3:

Oops! And that too. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Gentilewildrose: 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2018
NMUniversity:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to inform all prospective students that JAMB is required for admission consideration into Nigerian Maritime University (NMU).

NMU has started its admission process for the 2017/2018 academic session and an official advert would be posted here very soon to that effect. While that is coming up, prospective students that have written JAMB earlier and were not offered admission into any University, can indicate interest in NMU using JAMB's MARKETPLACE provided he/she meets the subject combination and NMU's Jamb cut-off that would be made know shortly.

NMU is already in the MARKETPLACE. JAMB would be contacting unadmitted students that are available in the marketplace based on our requests soon. Only those who accept and meet our requirements would be considered for admission.

Candidates would be contacted whether they chose NMU or not as University choice( one of the many advantages of the market place).
Once you accept, you must do a University change.

Lastly, NMU would be taking off with 3 pioneer faculties.

Listed below are the faculties and their respective departments
1. FACULTY OF TRANSPORT
Departments:
a. Transport Logistics Management
b. Marine Economics & Finance
c. Ports Management
d. Nautical Science

2. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Departments
a. Marine Engineering
b. Civil
c. Electrical
d. Mechanical
e. Petroleum & Gas

3. FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
Departments
a. Environmental management & pollution control
b. Metrology & Climate Change
c. fisheries & aquaculture
d. Marine Geology

KINDLY NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT SELLING ADMISSION FORMS! BEWARE OF FRAUDSTARS.

Our Website/portal would come live soon! Spread the good news.

NMU... in Pursuit of Excellence
Wow no Nautical Science after waiting so long for the university to start up
and finally no nautical Science

this is so heartbreaking
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
Gentilewildrose:
Wow no Nautical Science after waiting so long for the university to start up
and finally no nautical Science

this is so heartbreaking

Check under faculty of Transport, can't see it?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by subcbouy: 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
I would advise that NM University add subsea and pipeline courses into their program/curriculum, probably, through Marine Engineering department / Mechanical Engineering such as thus: Dynamics of subsea system and control, marine pipeline and installation, offshore and floating structure design, flow assurance and multiphase flow in marine pipelines, corrosion of marine structures, marine survey and inspection, safety and risk analysis in marine environment, modelling in marine environment etc
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Gentilewildrose: 10:37am On Feb 17, 2018
NMUniversity:

Oops! And that too. Thanks.
Oh thank God
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Gentilewildrose: 10:40am On Feb 17, 2018
I participated in Jamb 2017 i scored 224 my subject combinations are Maths, English, Geography, Physics
those are the normal subject combinations for all schools offering Nautical Science

with that is there possibility Im gonna get picked by Jamb market place for NMU Nautical Science
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Gentilewildrose: 11:31am On Feb 17, 2018
efeturi3:

do you mean do change of institution?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ojotobor: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2018
from this website : https://nmu.edu.ng admission has started for Nmu..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Gentilewildrose: 10:52am On Feb 19, 2018
so sweet thank God im going straight down to school
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ojotobor: 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
NMUniversity:

So, I've been told some underground interviews would happen at NMU next week.

Is that true?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
Eleba:

So, I've been told some underground interviews would happen at NMU next week.

Is that true?

With NMU, there is NO underground dealings!

Shortlisting just got concluded. We would have sent out interview invitations by now but for jamb that wants everything about admission concluded swiftly because they are prepping for 2018/2019 examination soon.

By Saturday we would have rounded off the admission process and focus on the interview.

This is a pressured multi tasking situation for us over here and for anyone to wake up from his slippery slumber, without the full picture of what is really going on, and concoct this kind of blatant crude brew, is the height of mischief in a calculated myopic lenses.

Don't listen to lies nor waste your time with such people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ojotobor: 9:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
NMUniversity:

Shortlisting just got concluded. We would have sent out interview invitations by now but for jamb that wants everything about admission concluded swiftly because they are prepping for 2018/2019 examination soon.

By Saturday we would have rounded off the admission process and focus on the interview.

This is a pressured multi tasking situation for us over here and for anyone to wake up from his slippery slumber, without the full picture of what is really going on, and concoct this kind of blatant crude brew, is the height of mischief in a calculated myopic lenses.

God bless you.. I agree with you...jamb just " respected" Nmu ...to have allowed admission to stay on to now....Thanks for the convincing explanation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 12:18am On Feb 23, 2018
NMUniversity:

Perfect. I didn't think so too. I had to bring it here so I could forward the response to him.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by LordBarbosa: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
please sir! We that submitted through NIPOST, do we still have hope? I read the post office in okerenkoko failed to submit our applications, or do they eventually submitted it?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by LordBarbosa: 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
NMUniversity:

NATH-ESE L. ANHO
Registrar
please sir! We that submitted through NIPOST, do we still have hope? I read the post office in okerenkoko failed to submit our applications, or do they eventually submitted it?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Juenwume: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
NMUniversity:

Please sir, i sent my application through courier and then my referees via NIPOST. With what i've heard about NIPOST sending the letters back, i hope I'm on the safe side?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
LordBarbosa:

Learn to get the right information from the right sources.

I guess I don't need to answer you since you READ SOMEWHERE that nipost failed to deliver your letters

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Juenwume: 7:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
NMUniversity:

Learn to get the right information from the right sources.

I guess I don't need to answer you since you READ SOMEWHERE that nipost failed to deliver your letters
Thank you sir.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 8:38am On Feb 26, 2018
This is to inform all those who applied to us for academic staff positions that the interview is slated for:

DATE: Thursday, 1St of March 2018

VENUE: Nigerian Maritime University take-off campus,
Kurutie , Warri South-West LGA, Delta State.

TIME: 10AM

Shortlisted candidates would get Text Messages starting from Today!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by dodobytes: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2018
NMUniversity:
This is to inform all those who applied to us for academic staff positions that the interview is slated for:

Should we all report there?

No email to that effect?

Are you equipped to deal with the crowd?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 9:20am On Feb 26, 2018
NMUniversity:

I really don't understand this. EVERY APPLICANT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Ocheinstein(m): 9:59am On Feb 26, 2018
I think what he meant was that we should start expecting messages to that effect soon. God help us all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 11:48am On Feb 26, 2018
DrMeroThaEmperor:

I really don't understand this. EVERY APPLICANT

Last week, I was told by a Friend the interview would happen on the Ist of March, clandestinely. I didn't believe it and the NMU representative countered it.

Well, it's happening on the first alright and EVERYONE is invited, all 30,000 or more. I am now somewhat inclined to give ear to my source.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
NMUniversity:

Shortlisted candidates would get Text Messages starting from Today!
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
Eleba:

Last week, I was told by a Friend the interview would happen on the Ist of March, clandestinely. I didn't believe it and the NMU representative countered it.

Well, it's happening on the first alright and EVERYONE is invited, all 30,000 or more. I am now somewhat inclined to give ear to my source.

What was countered was the fact that YOU SAID INTERVIEW WERE GOING TO HOLD UNDERGROUND.

Making the whole process worthless and corrupt. That is a slap on the faces of all those that have been paying a lot of sacrifices to make sure everything goes smoothly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
NMUniversity:

What was countered was the fact that YOU SAID INTERVIEW WERE GOING TO HOLD UNDERGROUND.

Making the whole process worthless and corrupt.

The modified bit of your text changes everything. Even you got to admit without it, it made the whole process appeared.....

I hopefully await.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by kuchikau1: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
NMUniversity:

Making the whole process worthless and corrupt.

do u mean all applicant for academic position or the shortlisted ones.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by kuchikau1: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
Eleba:

is it for all applicant or just the shortlisted ones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

A Trillion-tons Iceberg, 4 Times The Size Of London Broke-off Antarctica(photos) / The Library Emeka Offor Is Building In Daura Is 98% Completed (Photos) / Chochmah International School's Teachers' Quaters, Owned By Salvation Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.