Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment (66874 Views)

Protest At Nigerian Maritime University, Delta As Student Dies Due To Negligence / Beauty Of Nigeria Maritime University, Okorenkoko, Delta State (Photos) / Nigerian Maritime University: Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Ocheinstein(m): 5:31am On Dec 17, 2017
The truth is that you are no supposed to even see the letter talk more of carrying it to them. Well I wish you good luck
Eleba:

Na wa o.

I intend to. The referees are not too keen about any extra burden.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2017
Ocheinstein:
The truth is that you are no supposed to even see the letter talk more of carrying it to them. Well I wish you good luck

Oh well...Que Sera, Sera.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by writeprof(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2017
Eleba:

I haven't. I intend to on monday morning, by God's grace.
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
doxame:
Hello, will the nationwide strike of non academic staff affect the collection of application? Wouldn't want to waste time, money n energy going there this week please.

No.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Ocheinstein(m): 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
Don't believe in that though. We shape our own destiny. Cheers
Eleba:

Oh well...Que Sera, Sera.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hello,

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to inform you that the deadline for submission of application has been extended to 12th Jan 2018. This is to allow for all inclusiveness because Leadership Newspaper that is very popular up north, carried the advert 2weeks after.

More so, we have received a lot of applications(in their thousands). Don't listen to lies. don't go paying money to boat agents(you cannot trust) so they can help you deliver such important documents. A serious Bird guides its eggs jealously.

NOTE: WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS REGARDLESS OF THE STRIKE BY non Academic Staff Union of Universities

Once this is sorted out and Academic staff are on ground, Non Academic staff recruitment and Admission Processes will start.

Lastly, We also seek the services of Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I & II and Graduate assistants for the Department of Petroleum and Gas.
Same requirements as contained in the first advert.

Kindly Spread the News!

NMU... In Pursuit of Excellence

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Ocheinstein(m): 6:13am On Dec 18, 2017
This doesn't seem official.
NMUniversity:
Hello,

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to inform you that the deadline for submission of application has been extended to 12th Jan 2018. This is to allow for all inclusiveness because Leadership Newspaper that is very popular up north, carried the advert 2weeks after.

More so, we have received a lot of applications(in their thousands). Don't listen to lies. don't go paying money to boat agents(you cannot trust) so they can help you deliver such important documents. A serious Bird guides its eggs jealously.

NOTE: The venom of the viper does nothing to the back of the tortoise so WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS REGARDLESS OF THE STRIKE BY non Academic Staff Union of Universities

Once this is sorted out and Academic staff are on ground, Non Academic staff recruitment and Admission Processes will start.

Lastly, We also seek the services of Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I & II and Graduate assistants for the Department of Petroleum and Gas.

Kindly Spread the News!

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by writeprof(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2017
NMUniversity:
Hello,

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

NOTE: The venom of the viper does nothing to the back of the tortoise so WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS REGARDLESS OF THE STRIKE BY non Academic Staff Union of Universities

Kindly Spread the News!

Thanks for the update. This is an opportunity for those who sent their application through NIPOST to confirm if their aplications have been delivered.
I was informed at Post Office in Okere road, Warri that they have letters returned to them as agents at the agents at the riverside told them the letters are not being collected from them. I was categorically to go and drop it myself as they cannot collect from me.
NMUniversity may need to pass this extension information to NIPOST.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
writeprof:

Thanks for the update. This is an opportunity for those who sent their application through NIPOST to confirm if their aplications have been delivered.
I was informed at Post Office in Okere road, Warri that they have letters returned to them as agents at the agents at the riverside told them the letters are not being collected from them. I was categorically to go and drop it myself as they cannot collect from me.
NMUniversity may need to pass this extension information to NIPOST.

You comfortably went to that Museum to drop off your application? I didn't even know there where people in there. Lol.

You're in warri, man. Go to the waterside at main market and make the bloody trip or use a better courier service.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by writeprof(m): 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2017
UBGG:

You comfortably went to that Museum to drop off your application? I didn't even know there where people in there. Lol.

You're in warri, man. Go to the waterside at main market and make the bloody trip or use a better courier service.

Museum indeed! No, I did not go there to drop my application, I went to get more info on the movement.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by writeprof(m): 10:27am On Dec 19, 2017
Presently at the NMU after 55minutes on the sea in a speedboat. The experience is cool. Submission is going on smoothly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
writeprof:
Presently at the NMU after 55minutes on the sea in a speedboat. The experience is cool. Submission is going on smoothly.

I went there, submitted today and finally understood why that guy kept insisting it's better to go there yourself. Thank God I didn't use delivery services.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
What did u observe if I may ask

Eleba:

I went there, submitted today and finally understood why that guy kept insisting it's better to go there yourself. Thank God I didn't use delivery services.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Nnanwaka: 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
Please when is the closing date for the application to the Maritime University?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by seyialabi: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
Eleba:

What explanation can you give sir? Let's know our fate, those of us that used courier services already. If we might need to resend
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by EngrVin: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
Don't worry urself on whatever they say here. If u sent urs tru courier service, and tracked it till it was received by the receiver, then u are safe. Going there urself doesn't guarantee u the job. If its urs, means of submission won't matter.
Cheers

seyialabi:

What explanation can you give sir? Let's know our fate, those of us that used courier services already. If we might need to resend
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
seyialabi:

It's probably nothing to you...The staff there are extremely kind and patient. They take their time to open up and go through your documents, let you know if there are certain corrections to be made and help rearrange if the need be.
For instance, I applied for lecturer 2 but going through my documents, the guy made me understand I am more suited for lecturer 1. I had to retype the whole thing. Same with most people there. I mean, a guy came in from kaduna to submit his application...kaduna to warri is far enough and we spent at least 1hr on water. Some people just know what they want. I too once travelled from the south South to A.B.U zaria to submit an application. While it's no job guarantee, I felt at peace knowing where my documents went and enjoyed the experience.

There are things I'd rather not talk about but if you are close enough...go there, pick out your document from the parcel section(yes, it got delivered)and submit it YOURSELF. You'll understand better then.

Again, it's probably nothing.

Overall, I think the recruitment process will be very fair. The community is a beautiful one too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by seyialabi: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
EngrVin:
Don't worry urself on whatever they say here. If u sent urs tru courier service, and tracked it till it was received by the receiver, then u are safe. Going there urself doesn't guarantee u the job. If its urs, means of submission won't matter.
Cheers

Normally, there isn't supposed to exist a reason for worry but you know how we do things in this part of the world. The DHL guy that delivered it even gave the name of the person that received it.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by seyialabi: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
Eleba:

It's probably nothing to you...The staff there are extremely kind and patient. They take their time to open up and go through your documents, let you know if there are certain corrections to be made and help rearrange if the need be.
For instance, I applied for lecturer 2 but going through my documents, the guy made me understand I am more suited for lecturer 1. I had to retype the whole thing. Same with most people there. I mean, a guy came in from kaduna to submit his application...kaduna to warri is far enough and we spent at least 1hr on water. Some people just know what they want. I too once travelled from the south South to A.B.U zaria to submit an application. While it's no job guarantee, I felt at peace knowing where my documents went and enjoyed the experience.

There are things I'd rather not talk about but if you are close enough...go there, pick out your document from the parcel section(yes, it got delivered)and submit it YOURSELF. You'll understand better then.

Again, it's probably nothing.

Overall, I think the recruitment process will be very fair. The community is a beautiful one too.

Ok thanks. You made it look something before. All the best.
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Eleba: 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
seyialabi:

Ok thanks. You made it look something before. All the best.

Like I said, There are other things I'd rather not type here and I also mentioned it might be nothing to you.
But you're right...we should all hope for the best irrespective of means of submission.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Gentilewildrose: 2:23am On Dec 22, 2017
I can't just wait for admission process to begin mhen been waiting 2years now for the University to start up since I can't afford going Overseas
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nnanwaka:
Please when is the closing date for the application to the Maritime University?

Extended to 12th Jan 2018
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2017
Gentilewildrose:
I can't just wait for admission process to begin mhen been waiting 2years now for the University to start up since I can't afford going Overseas

Soon, Gentle, soon
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
We seek the services of Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I & II and Graduate assistants for the Department of Petroleum and Gas.
Same requirements as contained in the first advert

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by kuchikau1: 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
Here to read comment. *spreadmat*
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
NMUniversity:
We seek the services of Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I & II and Graduate assistants for the Department of Petroleum and Gas.
Same requirements as contained in the first advert

Application Deadline 12th Jan 2018
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ojotobor: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
I am currently in the school to submit ...but I was told that there is no petroleum and gas engineering
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by FixNaija(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
ojotobor:
I am currently in the school to submit ...but I was told that there is no petroleum and gas engineering

Bro can I email you my documents and pay for the expenses so u can submit it for me?
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by FixNaija(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
FixNaija:

Bro can I email you my documents and pay for the expenses so u can submit it for me?

I just sent you PM, please reply
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by ZandaBright: 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
Can someone who studied Management...That is Business Administration also apply for a lecturing job in the Maritime University?...
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by Chibexe: 7:35am On Jan 11, 2018
FixNaija:

I just sent you PM, please reply
Call me 07030616510. I'm also in the school
Re: Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment by NMUniversity: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
ojotobor:

Who told you that? Kindly tell me the name of the person.

We've been accepting applications for Pet & Gas. Even though it wasn't on the original advert due to some technical issues, it was later approved and I did drop a note to that effect on platforms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Busayo And Lecturer Abdul Whatsapp Conversation Leaked By @Iambusayotemit2 / Chochmah International School's Teachers' Quaters, Owned By Salvation Ministry / We Were Abandoned In Cyprus & Dropped Out Of School - Dancing Security Guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.