Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! (3809 Views)

MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition / Fayose's Romance With S/west APC Governors: Political Adultery Or Yoruba Unity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nebuzaradan: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2017
PointB:

@ Nebuzaradan,

One of them! grin grin
lol

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by honourhim: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2017
There is no way any two tribes will have a perfect relationship. There will always be some differencea here and there. Even people of the same family or community do quarel.
Yoruba have their negative sides just like the igbos but we all must try to manage our differences very well.

The one of Yoruba muslims is where i am not comfortable with. Why do they worship in different mosque from the Hausa muslim? It shows they are second class human /muslims to Hausa muslims and as such cannot have a voice of their own. Too bad.

In christianity we worship in any church of our choice, no discrimination. Yoruba churches are still progressing in Igboland despite the IPOB nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by horsepower101: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2017
honourhim:
There is no way any two tribes will have a perfect relationship. There will always be some differencea here and there. Even people of the same family or community do quarel.
Yoruba have their negative sides just like the igbos but we all must try to manage our differences very well.

The one of Yoruba muslims is where i am not comfortable with. Why do they worship in different mosque from the Hausa muslim? It shows they are second class human /muslims to Hausa muslims and as such cannot have a voice of their own. Too bad.

In christianity we worship in any church of our choice, no discrimination. Yoruba churches are still progressing in Igboland despite the IPOB nonsense.

Igbo and Yoruba Christians converted to Christianity by choice.

Yoruba Muslims converted to Islam by force.

Thats a major reason.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by FRESHG(m): 10:07am On Nov 13, 2017
PVision2020:

You're on a long thing, if you think you can separate us (Yoruba's) on the basis of religion.
Years of joint Harmony, tranquility, love, intermarriage and unity cannot be broken by your cheap propaganda.
We are first Yoruba before being Christian and Muslims
. You're judged and valued based on the content of your character and not on your religion affiliation.
That's why we bare our native names often and our religious names are silent.
I prefer being called Segun to peter.
we're religiously diplomatic.
ARENT YOU TIRED OF DECEIVING GULLIBLE YORUBA CHRISTIANS WITH THIS STALE POINT YOU JUST MADE

DO I NEED TO REMIND YOU THAT YOUR FELLOW SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS HERE ARE CLAIMING MAJORITY IN OYO OSUN LAGOS KWARA AND KOGI.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2017
FRESHG:
ARENT YOU TIRED OF DECEIVING GULLIBLE YORUBA CHRISTIANS WITH THIS STALE POINT YOU JUST MADE

DO I NEED TO REMIND YOU THAT YOUR FELLOW SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS HERE ARE CLAIMING MAJORITY IN OYO OSUN LAGOS KWARA AND KOGI.

Please disembark from the ignoble journey of trying to divide the Yoruba by abusing the Muslim population. The more you insult them, the more hardlined and resolute they become in their loyalty to the north. Why don't you try cajoling them through sound and logical arguments to make them see reason for a united south?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by horsepower101: 10:28am On Nov 13, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Please disembark from the ignoble journey of trying to divide the Yoruba by abusing the Muslim population. The more you insult them, the more hardlined and resolute they become in their loyalty to the north. Why don't you try cajoling them through sound and logical arguments to make them see reason for a united south?

Too late. They have already made their choice. We just have to deal with the consequences both intended and unintended.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PVision2020(m): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
FRESHG:

You can believe anything you want to believe, its your opinion. That wouldn't void the fact that I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour. My bible didn't teach me hate, I'm to love my neighbour as myself. So get behind me you children of hate.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by rosebowl01(m): 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
aribisala0:

That is 100 % True

1960 Prime Minister and commander in Chief Tafawa Balewa. Ceremonial President and Boyboy in Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe
Obafemi Awolowo-Leader of Opposition
1965 Prime Minister and commander in Chief Tafawa Balewa. Ceremonial President and Boyboy in Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe
1979 President and Commander in Chief Shehu Shagari Vice President Alex Ekwueme both of NPN. Formed alliance with Nnamdi Azikiwe to get majority in National Assembly. Azikiwe's party NPP compensated with Speaker House of Representatives. (Edwin Ume-Ezeoke)
1983 President and Commander in Chief Shehu Shagari Vice President Alex Ekwueme both of NPN. Formed alliance with Nnamdi Azikiwe to get majority in National Assembly. Azikiwe's party NPP compensated with Speaker House of Representatives. (Edwin Ume-Ezeoke)
Obafemi Awolowo-Leader of Opposition. ( OJUKWU RETURNS FROM EXILE AND JOINS NPN)

My people who are the Fulani's Houseboys in Nigeria and who are those that have perenially opposed them?

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

These same servants are now squealing like pigs because FOR THE FIRST TIME they find themselves in opposition and don't know what to do.

Shamelessly Orji Kalu,Andy Uba and many others joined APC

why not learn from Awo and Tinubu? Men with pride and principle

Keep shouting Fulani master every where.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR if you are looking for slaves

Facts don’t lie. Thank you my brother.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by FRESHG(m): 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
PVision2020:

You can believe anything you want to believe, its your opinion. That wouldn't void the fact that I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour. My bible didn't teach me hate, I'm to love my neighbour as myself. So get behind me you children of hate.
OLADEEBO MARKFEMI JEUSULOVESYOU MODELMIKE7 AKA MICHAEL004 GOKE7 ONCE TOLD ME THATgrin LOOK FOR ANOTHER LIE

7 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
FRESHG:
OLADEEBO MARKFEMI JEUSULOVESYOU MODELMIKE7 AKA MICHAEL004 GOKE7 ONCE TOLD ME THATgrin LOOK FOR ANOTHER LIE

SMH!!!

PROVERB 26: 4-5..... IS your response.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2017
horsepower101:

Igbo and Yoruba Christians converted to Christianity by choice.

Yoruba Muslims converted to Islam by force.

Thats a major reason.
People just open their mouths to vomit nonsense.
Have you got any evidence of violent conversion to Islam in Yoruba land

JUST ONE?
FYI the greatest proportion of Muslims in the SW is in Lagos state. Educate yourself.
Islam has been in Yorubaland for centuries before Christianity.
The fact is there is no recorded history of violent conversion to Islam in Yorubaland.NONE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Cyynthia(f): 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
FRESHG:
I HAVE SAID TIMES WITHOUT NUMBER THAT THE PROBLEM WITH SOUTHERNERS IS DEEPLY ROOTED IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOUTHERN CHRISTIANS (YORUBA AND IGBO CHRISTIANS) AND YORUBA MUSLIMS.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS WOULD RATHER DINE WITH HAUSA FULANIS WHO THE BELIEVE ARE MORE SUPERIOR TO THEM WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS WOULD RATHER GIVE OUT THEIR DAUGHTERS HAND IN MARRIAGE TO HAUSA/FULANI MUSLIM.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS REGARDS BUHARI AS THE GREATEST AND HOLIEST MAN IN NIGERIA PRESENTLY.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS ANTICS ARE

(1) YORUBA IS YORUBA

(2) DONT DIVIDE US ALONG RELIGIOUS LINE

(3) THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION IN THE SOUTH WEST

(4) BOLA AHMED TINUBU, A MUSLIM MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

(5) FASHOLA A MUSLIM MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

(6) GOVERNOR AMBODE IS A CHRISTIAN

NOW MY QUESTION IS

IF THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION IN THE SOUTH WEST, WHY WOULD A SANE NAIRALAND MUSLIM FROM SOUTH WEST TELL US THAT THEY ARE THE MAJORITY. IS THAT NOT DISCRIMINATION

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS REMIND ME THAT TINUBU MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

WHEN IS PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA AND HIS PARTNER IN CRIME, PROF ISHAQ OLOYEDE GOING TO MARRY OF THEIR DAUGHTERS TO A SOUTH WEST CHRISTIAN

WOULD AMBODE HAVE BECOME THE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE WITHOUT THE HELP OF BOLA AHMED TINUBU AND HIS BIGOTED MUSLIM BROTHERS

ONE ALCATRAZ005 AND COLONELDRAKE TRIED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE SOME MONTHS BACK BUT SOME MUSLIMS LIKE MICHAEL004, MARKFEMI AND JESUSLOVESYOU ACTIVATED THEIR CHRISTIAN MONIKERS IN OTHER TO DRAW SYMPATHY FROM GULLIBLE SOUTH WEST CHRISTIANS.

THESE ARE SOME FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS THAT NEEDS URGENT ANSWERS
Nice one

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Cyynthia(f): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
FRESHG:
He said that his Bible didn't teach him to hate, that he loves his neighbour like he loves himself.Best thing you should have done is to dig out some of his past derogatory posts against other tribes and shame him. Someone that claims to be Christ alike.

Inasmuch as I appreciate the fact that you understand their antics very well, yuo also need to start embarrassing them with their previous posts if they start lying to be Christ alike like the person you quoted.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by BudeYahooCom: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
horsepower101:
Just a general question; Will Yoruba Muslims be part of the alliance?

You mean the shubududeens of amalaland? grin

Their brains belongs to the fula gambaris my dear brother. grin

7 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
aribisala0:

That is 100 % True

1960 Prime Minister and commander in Chief Tafawa Balewa. Ceremonial President and Boyboy in Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe
1965 Prime Minister and commander in Chief Tafawa Balewa. Ceremonial President and Boyboy in Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe
1979 President and Commander in Chief Shehu Shagari Vice President Alex Ekwueme both of NPN. Formed alliance with Nnamdi Azikiwe to get majority in National Assembly. Azikiwe's party NPP compensated with Speaker House of Representatives. (Edwin Ume-Ezeoke)
1983 President and Commander in Chief Shehu Shagari Vice President Alex Ekwueme both of NPN. Formed alliance with Nnamdi Azikiwe to get majority in National Assembly. Azikiwe's party NPP compensated with Speaker House of Representatives. (Edwin Ume-Ezeoke)
Obafemi Awolowo-Leader of Opposition. ( OJUKWU RETURNS FROM EXILE AND JOINS NPN)

My people who are the Fulani's Houseboys in Nigeria and who are those that have perenially opposed them?

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

These same servants are now squealing like pigs because FOR THE FIRST TIME they find themselves in opposition and don't know what to do.

FACTS FACTS FACTS

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Gotze1: 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
PointB:

A thousand years of strive then?
Yeah, until you people do it the way we want.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nowenuse: 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nigeria is just so unique and complicated.

The same way Southerners think Yoruba Muslims are the betrayals in the Southern alliance, that is the same way Northerners feel middlebelt Christians are betrayals to Arewa unity. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by nisai: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nowenuse:

The same way Southerners think Yoruba Muslims are the betrayals in the Southern alliance, that is the same way Northerners feel middlebelt Christians are betrayals to Arewa unity. grin
grin grin grin You got it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PointB: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Gotze1:
Yeah, until you people do it the way we want.

That is not gonna happen. For peace to reign, you have to learn and accept to crack the egg the way we (Igbos) crack it - at the Big End. This Small End cracking of eggs you lots engage in will not cut it. You need to go Big, bro Big, and only then will there be peace.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Gotze1: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
PointB:

That is not gonna happen
. For peace to reign, you have to learn and accept to crack the egg the way we (Igbos) crack it - at the Big End. This Small End cracking of eggs you lots engage in will not cut it. You need to go Big, bro Big, and only then will there be peace.
So, let the fight continue. No more comments
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PVision2020(m): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
FRESHG:
Guy I don't need to convince you about nothing. Whether you believe or not, its your cup of tea. "If you shall confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord"; that's the only criteria that qualifies me as a Christian and not your conviction.

The earlier you realise that your cheap divisive propaganda won't fly the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PVision2020(m): 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
aribisala0:

JUST ONE?
FYI the greatest proportion of Muslims in the SW is in Lagos state. Educate yourself.
The fact is there is no recorded history of violent conversion to Islam in Yorubaland.NONE
I beg free all this kids. The Yoruba dynamics and religion diplomacy is a mystery to them. They will wait for a thousand century for their seed of discord to germinate.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Akanbiedu(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
aribisala0:

That is 100 % True

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

https://www.nairaland.com/4167684/2019-election-igbos-give-buhari
This is the reason there is so much noise about slavery to Hausa-Fulani, the Igbo just want there slavery position back.

Yoruba christians should not get carried away by joining the accusation of Yoruba muslims. This is not to deny that some Yoruba muslims support Buhari based on sentiments - which is normal. i know a lot Yoruba christians who still support Buhari ardently too.

PMB has not lived up to expectations of many of us, but we must never join the Igbo in their agenda. There agenda has nothing to do with progress of everybody. They will support the devil so far it favours them.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
PVision2020:

Guy I don't need to convince you about nothing. Whether you believe or not, its your cup of tea. "If you shall confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord"; that's the only criteria that qualifies me as a Christian and not your conviction.

The earlier you realise that your cheap divisive propaganda won't fly the better for you.

Thank you and God bless you for this my brother.
Proverb 26 : 4 -5 is the best response to them!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
aribisala0:

JUST ONE?

Please my brother, stop making him whine you to create rancor between Yoruba Christians and muslims. He's laughing righr now. just ignore him.
They dnt believe in Jesus or Mohammed, they don't believe in God at all.
So no point arguing with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nowenuse:

at the end of the day, Arewa is an artificial construct

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
modelmike7:

Please my brother, stop making him whine you to create rancor between Yoruba Christians and muslims. He's laughing righr now. just ignore him.
They dnt believe in Jesus or Mohammed, they don't believe in God at all.
So no point arguing with them.
Some comments deserve no response but sometimes you need to put one out for the record ánd not necessarily for the idiot typing the rubbish but for the honestly ignorant. There are still many Yoruba who believe Islam came to Yorubaland via jihad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Duru1(m): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
Idiotic conjecture. Ndigbo will never join in any form of unity with the Yari.ba con artist.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
Duru1:
Idiotic conjecture. Ndigbo will never join in any form of unity with the Yari.ba con artist.
Dende Iku!!!

How was yer nite?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Duru1(m): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
aribisala0:

That is 100 % True

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

IGNORANCE IS MORE STUBBORN. Only a basement fool will claim that Prime Minister is a Commander in Chief. Nigeria is actually filled with ignoramuses.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
Duru1:

IGNORANCE IS MORE STUBBORN
How is the new sanatorium

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Duru1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
aribisala0:
How is the new sanatorium

You have confirmed that a fool at forty is a fool forever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rec. Of Inec In Osun State, Segun Agbaje Was Beaten To Coma By Angry Youths. / Presidential Elections : See How Igbos Voted In 2003 With Ojukwu On The Ballot / PDP Commends Nigerians For Their Resilience Despite Challenges of 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.