Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,547 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! (3808 Views)

MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition / Fayose's Romance With S/west APC Governors: Political Adultery Or Yoruba Unity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Duru1:

You have confirmed that a fool at forty is a fool forever.
We confirmed that a long time ago, God that was many many years ago

.Have you lost your certificate

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
Duru1:

IGNORANCE IS MORE STUBBORN. Only a basement fool will claim that Prime Minister is a Commander in Chief. Nigeria is actually filled with ignoramuses.

Surely your dotage is not that bad??

Go and find out how Azikiwe was schooled and humiliated by Welby-Everard

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by shallysgirl: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
Yes, the sw headslammers are more vocal and visible.
Nebuzaradan:
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the yeroba people

Igbos don't have problem with an average yeroba Christians

unfortunately yeroba Muslims seems to be more popular than yeroba Christians and always marginalize them.

cc
sarrki
vedaxcool

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by onlyson16(m): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
Gotze1:
[s][/s]If you think the egg should be cracked the way you igbos want will make you our friend, then we will rather continue the fight. We will never in anyway allow you people. Get that, mind that.

I m sure u just spoke with ur anus now

We never needed woroba at all

Wedont have anything in come

Igboare the bigger boys we cant take shirts

We always. Dream big

Since u woroba cant dream big like us

Then clear the way

We cant let ourselves down for Afonjazz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by shallysgirl: 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Which facts? Keep deceiving yasef.
rosebowl01:

Facts don’t lie. Thank you my brother.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by meforyou1(m): 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
PVision2020:

You're on a long thing, if you think you can separate us (Yoruba's) on the basis of religion.
Years of joint Harmony, tranquility, love, intermarriage and unity cannot be broken by your cheap propaganda.
We are first Yoruba before being Christian and Muslims. You're judged and valued based on the content of your character and not on your religion affiliation.
That's why we bare our native names often and our religious names are silent.
I prefer being called Segun to peter.
we're religiously diplomatic.
implosion will consume u. U remember the osun state secondary shool incident between christains and muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Lot13(m): 12:09am On Nov 14, 2017
FRESHG:
I HAVE SAID TIMES WITHOUT NUMBER THAT THE PROBLEM WITH SOUTHERNERS IS DEEPLY ROOTED IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOUTHERN CHRISTIANS (YORUBA AND IGBO CHRISTIANS) AND YORUBA MUSLIMS.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS WOULD RATHER DINE WITH HAUSA FULANIS WHO THE BELIEVE ARE MORE SUPERIOR TO THEM WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS WOULD RATHER GIVE OUT THEIR DAUGHTERS HAND IN MARRIAGE TO HAUSA/FULANI MUSLIM.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS REGARDS BUHARI AS THE GREATEST AND HOLIEST MAN IN NIGERIA PRESENTLY.

SOUTH WEST MUSLIMS ANTICS ARE

(1) YORUBA IS YORUBA

(2) DONT DIVIDE US ALONG RELIGIOUS LINE

(3) THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION IN THE SOUTH WEST

(4) BOLA AHMED TINUBU, A MUSLIM MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

(5) FASHOLA A MUSLIM MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

(6) GOVERNOR AMBODE IS A CHRISTIAN

NOW MY QUESTION IS

IF THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION IN THE SOUTH WEST, WHY WOULD A SANE NAIRALAND MUSLIM FROM SOUTH WEST TELL US THAT THEY ARE THE MAJORITY. IS THAT NOT DISCRIMINATION

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS REMIND ME THAT TINUBU MARRIED A CHRISTIAN WOMAN

WHEN IS PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA AND HIS PARTNER IN CRIME, PROF ISHAQ OLOYEDE GOING TO MARRY OF THEIR DAUGHTERS TO A SOUTH WEST CHRISTIAN

WOULD AMBODE HAVE BECOME THE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE WITHOUT THE HELP OF BOLA AHMED TINUBU AND HIS BIGOTED MUSLIM BROTHERS

ONE ALCATRAZ005 AND COLONELDRAKE TRIED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE SOME MONTHS BACK BUT SOME MUSLIMS LIKE MICHAEL004, MARKFEMI AND JESUSLOVESYOU ACTIVATED THEIR CHRISTIAN MONIKERS IN OTHER TO DRAW SYMPATHY FROM GULLIBLE SOUTH WEST CHRISTIANS.

THESE ARE SOME FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS THAT NEEDS URGENT ANSWERS
Rubbish..
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by GoldenChiddy: 12:38am On Nov 14, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9&index=3
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by ImperialYoruba: 5:26am On Nov 14, 2017
Yorubas do not like this news because we are self sufficient and would rather have any other region than SE for partnership.

Ibos on the other hand are jubilating the news and popping champagne and giving each other Hi-Five that Yoruba finally recognize them .

The news na fake. Which Yoruba in Lagos or Ogun or Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara or Kogi, do you know that will endorse yanminri for brotherhood? NONE! Nnia Nwobodo dey waste time.

This is yanmiri right now...mighty glad at the fake news of being accepted to sit at the high table with Yoruba... grin

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Ogonimilitant(m): 5:39am On Nov 14, 2017
PVision2020:

You're on a long thing, if you think you can separate us (Yoruba's) on the basis of religion.
Years of joint Harmony, tranquility, love, intermarriage and unity cannot be broken by your cheap propaganda.
We are first Yoruba before being Christian and Muslims. You're judged and valued based on the content of your character and not on your religion affiliation.
That's why we bare our native names often and our religious names are silent.
I prefer being called Segun to peter.
we're religiously diplomatic.
The truth is that an average yourba muslim sees Hausa man and Fulan muslem as their brother brother more than Christians.

If you go to Lagos state civil service, you will pity yoruba christans. 80% of the civil servants are the muslims

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by ibedun: 5:52am On Nov 14, 2017
Ogonimilitant:
The truth is that an average yourba muslim sees Hausa man and Fulan muslem as their brother brother more than Christians.

If you go to Lagos state civil servce, you will pity yoruba christans. 80% of the civil servants are the muslims

Shut up and face your 1 plot Igboland

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by QueenSekxy(f): 5:53am On Nov 14, 2017
all this cane you people are wiring the afonja Muslims for this thread is not good oo embarassedcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Paretomaster(m): 6:27am On Nov 14, 2017
Another dumb thread.. ...like every other similar thread opened by Flattinoes to curry favour, and partner in crime all against the North, this one have also failed.

Unity beggar. .

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by DeadWrong: 7:03am On Nov 14, 2017
Akanbiedu:

https://www.nairaland.com/4167684/2019-election-igbos-give-buhari
This is the reason there is so much noise about slavery to Hausa-Fulani, the Igbo just want there slavery position back.

Yoruba christians should not get carried away by joining the accusation of Yoruba muslims. This is not to deny that some Yoruba muslims support Buhari based on sentiments - which is normal. i know a lot Yoruba christians who still support Buhari ardently too.

PMB has not lived up to expectations of many of us, but we must never join the Igbo in their agenda. There agenda has nothing to do with progress of everybody. They will support the devil so far it favours them.

You admit that the Yoruba Muslims support Buhari based on sentiment, yet still want us Yoruba Christians not to accuse Yoruba Muslims. You want us to call red blue, green white, for what purpose If I may ask? To deceive people out there that Yoruba is Yoruba even when you and I know that that's a deceit. That line is over used and we're not deceived again. Yoruba Moslems a clog in the wheel of progress of the Yoruba race. How daft can they be? I was a passionate supporter of Buhari, so make no mistake of tagging me a PDP apologist. Truth is you Yoruba Muslims are more aligned with the caliphate and this is dragging the Yoruba back and Nigeria in general. They consider you inferior Muslims heck.

Ibos are troublesome, no doubt. But they're lesser evil than the Hausa fulani. The problem you Yoruba Muslims have with the IBOs is because they speak up in the face of injustice which is unlikely of Yorubas (except few). Yorubas generally are laid back, docile and accept bullshits. Those are the typical core values of the average Yoruba which are exactly what the Hausa Fulani want. Ibos on the other hand represent the opposite . so who say we can't work together to achieve a goal? we don't have to be friends to achieve something we both want.

so get it, no matter your bootlicking, asslickimg and head slammimg to prove your loyalty to the caliphate, you'll never be able to sight the moon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by horsepower101: 7:15am On Nov 14, 2017
DeadWrong:

You admit that the Yoruba Muslims support Buhari based on sentiment, yet still want us Yoruba Christians not to accuse Yoruba Muslims. You want us to call red blue, green white, for what purpose If I may ask? To deceive people out there that Yoruba is Yoruba even when you and I know that that's a deceit. That line is over used and we're not deceived again. Yoruba Moslems a clog in the wheel of progress of the Yoruba race. How daft can they be? I was a passionate supporter of Buhari, so make no mistake of tagging me a PDP apologist. Truth is you Yoruba Muslims are more aligned with the caliphate and this is dragging the Yoruba back and Nigeria in general. They consider you inferior Muslims heck.

Ibos are troublesome, no doubt. But they're lesser evil than the Hausa fulani. The problem you Yoruba Muslims have with the IBOs is because they speak up in the face of injustice which is unlikely of Yorubas (except few). Yorubas generally are laid back, docile and accept bullshits. Those are the typical core values of the average Yoruba which are exactly what the Hausa Fulani want. Ibos on the other hand represent the opposite . so who say we can't work together to achieve a goal? we don't have to be friends to achieve something we both want.

so get it, no matter your bootlicking, asslickimg and head slammimg to prove your loyalty to the caliphate, you'll never be able to sight the moon.

Gbam !!!!

People need to understand that If Yoruba Muslims true allegiance was with Yoruba nation first and not with the caliphate, igbos would have teamed up with Yorubas and rule Nigeria together into a progressive country because there will be trust in the agreement. Nobody will be scared or worried about betrayals.

The problem is that yoruba Muslims are two faced. It has nothing with them being Muslims. It more about where their true loyalty lies which is with the Hausa Fulani caliphate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by GoldNiagara(m): 7:28am On Nov 14, 2017
Igbo mtchew! We can see you guys a thousand miles away, after ipob's failure, you now realize the Yoruba remains the only option to take you to your Biafra Eldorado. Ndi ofe akuko nmba we will pass, try the Hausa Fulani. Ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PVision2020(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2017
Ogonimilitant:

If you go to Lagos state civil service, you will pity yoruba christans. 80% of the civil servants are the Muslims
Majority of the civil (not up to 80% tho) servant being muslim. Yes you're correct. And this is why;
The founding fathers of Yoruba politics were majorly Christians (Jeremiah Awolowo, Samuel Akintola, Abraham Adesanya, Herbert Macaulay etc) but then came the waves of Christian pentecostalism demonizing politics and traditions, hence yoruba Christians became passive towards politics leaving the political structure in the hands of the Muslims (tinubu, Akande and co who were disciples of Awo took over). They (the xtians) will rather choose to dominate the Academic and Corporate space.
Go to any political gathering/meeting in the SW and I can assure you, you'll find close to 80% of them to be Muslims. (except Ekiti and Ondo who are predominantly xtians).
And so far civil service jobs are often politically influenced, its normal/logical to have more Muslims.
That's gradually changing, as Christian youths are now joining different political parties of their choice.

When issues like this arise, ranting and playing the victim won't help but a conscious/ concerted and logical effort to correcting the wrongs.

#YorubaFirst

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PVision2020(m): 7:56am On Nov 14, 2017
meforyou1:
implosion will consume u. U remember the osun state secondary shool incident between christains and muslims.
Lol, why the curse?
The Osun incident has long been resolved and we've moved on. We don't dwell in the past. Friction is inevitable, but the ability to resolve our differences is what makes us Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by PointB: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2017
Gotze1:
So, let the fight continue. No more comments

"Warsaw did not see war until war saw Warsaw!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by cozyfbaby: 8:08am On Nov 14, 2017
Just In: Army general who threaten to kill buhari is finally in his doom

Report from Naijatrending: An army General, who coordinates the peace keeping in the Ministry of Defense, Lym Hassan, has been secretly recorded allegedly threatening to eliminate President. Buhari over a defense contract.
Read more here http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/breaking-news/breaking-news-army-general-lands-court-threatening-kill-buhari/

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Gotze1: 8:51am On Nov 14, 2017
onlyson16:

I m sure u just spoke with ur anus now

We never needed woroba at all

Wedont have anything in come

Igboare the bigger boys we cant take shirts

We always. Dream big

Since u woroba cant dream big like us

Then clear the way

We cant let ourselves down for Afonjazz

Ok, dream big in your domain We will never allow your words to stand. We are Yorubas, we are superior. Mind that. Igbos are forever..... Ipob.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Akanbiedu(m): 10:01am On Nov 14, 2017
DeadWrong:

You only see what you wanted to see---Idiotaaaaa

So you carefully ignored that many Yoruba christians ardently support Buhari too, what do you have to say about that? Abi you want all Yoruba christians to stop supporting PMB?

For avoidance of doubt, every Yoruba muslim has a sentimental right to support PMB, if you don't like it, you can go and die. Just the same way christian fanatics like you supported GEJ even when he clearly showed so much disdain for the Yoruba group during his loot-o-cratic rule.

In order not to miss my point as far as Igbo is concerned, all they want is Oshibajo's position. As soon as they get that, all there noise will die a natural death. I hope some of you are not as stupid as the Igbo thinks. Which North are you joining the Igbo to fight, is it the one they have been joining since independence to rule Nigeria together?

MUMU

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by aribisala0(m): 10:27am On Nov 14, 2017
The Yoruba have examined both religions and taken what is useful from them or added to them as the case may be. The Core Yoruba worldview has not changed
The concept of Ori is as strong as ever. The reverence on ancestors has not ceased. The worship of Ogun will never stop.
The worship of Osun will continue for ever. We shall make sacrifices at the junctions to Eshu for eternity Yoruba are not all Muslim or Christian .That is a fallacy. The vast majority of Yoruba are traditional one way or another. I certainly am neither Christian nor Muslim and like many others have them both in equal measure in my family.
It is not a serious consideration as far as political choices are concerned.
The other thing is Islam did not come to Yorubaland through Fulanis.
Islam was not brought to Nigeria by Fulanis.That is total fiction
The Fulanis used "Islamic Jihad" as a guise to take over political power in Hausaland and even attacked Borno which was already Islamic for over a thousand years.
That is another ignorant fallacy . The Oyo empire extended to Ghana even before the Fulanis came to Nigeria and Islam had been in the north especially the North East for hundreds of years before the Fulani arrived.
In the SW Islam arrived through contact with the Mandinka people of the Mali Empire which is not geographically the same as Mali today. Islam has been in the SW since the 15th century. Travellers from Senegal and similar places have lived in the SW for ever

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Danladi7: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2017
Akanbiedu:

You only see what you wanted to see---Idiotaaaaa

So you carefully ignored that many Yoruba christians ardently support Buhari too, what do you have to say about that? Abi you want all Yoruba christians to stop supporting PMB?

For avoidance of doubt, every Yoruba muslim has a sentimental right to support PMB, if you don't like it, you can go and die. Just the same way christian fanatics like you supported GEJ even when he clearly showed so much disdain for the Yoruba group during his loot-o-cratic rule.

In order not to miss my point as far as Igbo is concerned, all they want is Oshibajo's position. As soon as they get that, all there noise will die a natural death. I hope some of you are not as stupid as the Igbo thinks. Which North are you joining the Igbo to fight, is it the one they have been joining since independence to rule Nigeria together?

MUMU

I LIKE you.

My fear is that this Igbo people will play into the fanatic yoruba Christians on nairaland hand.Their aim is:Devide the yorubas and align with southsouth to fight the yorubas.

-When Igbo start attacking Awolowo they forget he is a yoruba Christian then.

-When they attack Osibanjo and pastor Adeboye the forget they are Yoruba Christians

-when they mock Ibadan and declare lagos no mans land they've forgotten Yoruba Christians also owned the cities

-yoruba muslims always liased with the north yet the only government ran together in history by fulani/yoruba is just one out of 1(buahri/osinbajo,a Christian) out of 3 ran by fulani/Igbo (balewa/zik,shagari/ekwueme,sagari/ewkwueme second term,GEJ/sambo).

-Obasanjo,Awolowo,Gowon,jeremiah usein and thyophilus danjuma are all northern/western Christians and fought ojukwu and his people who are all Christians!

I think Igbo people should fight A jew urine(nnamdi kanu urine) replacing blood of Jesus in Igboland first!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
Danladi7:

I LIKE you.

My fear is that this Igbo people will play into the fanatic yoruba Christians on nairaland hand.Their aim is:Devide the yorubas and align with southsouth to fight the yorubas.

-When Igbo start attacking Awolowo they forget he is a yoruba Christian then.

-When they attack Osibanjo and pastor Adeboye the forget they are Yoruba Christians

-when they mock Ibadan and declare lagos no mans land they've forgotten Yoruba Christians also owned the cities

-yoruba muslims always liased with the north yet the only government ran together in history by fulani/yoruba is just one out of 1(buahri/osinbajo,a Christian) out of 3 ran by fulani/Igbo (balewa/zik,shagari/ekwueme,sagari/ewkwueme second term,GEJ/sambo).

-Obasanjo,Awolowo,Gowon,jeremiah usein and thyophilus danjuma are all northern/western Christians and fought ojukwu and his people who are all Christians!

I think Igbo people should fight A jew urine(nnamdi kanu urine) replacing blood of Jesus in Igboland first!

Igbo amaka cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanusi Spent N37 Million On Phone Calls – Omokri / PO Got Served On Twitter / Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.