Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,697 members, 7,854,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 11:27 AM

I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris (47609 Views)

Retirement: Ibrahim Idris Kpotun And Buhari In Closed-Door Meeting / Ibrahim Idris Withdraws Policemen Attached To VIPs, Others / "I Never Said I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman" - IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Mbediogu(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
The Police again today! I said it the fish rots from the head. The honourable wayout would have been to get her retired and thereafter go all the way with her. The inherent dangers are many. She could get promoted beyond her level of competence. Being so near to the IG she could influence decisions she hardly understands. She will show lack of respect to very senior officers who will have to give her undue respect so as to get along. IN SHORT, POLICE WORK DON SPOIL KPATA KPATA.
But there is a way out for all who want police reformation. We must continue to shout and expose them until something gives in.
Check foreign TVs and journals and see how police deal with civilians with great respect. Water hose is used on stone throwing rioters, rubber bullets and tear gas are hardly used. Try it with NPF and see.

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Paulagada: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
Benita27:
Of course, there's no law that says you can't have a romantic affair with a junior female officer but don't use your position to sexually harass and intimidate your junior female officers into having a romantic affair with you. Try that, and see if there's no law against sexual harassment in this country.
Plus her promotion from corporal to ASP within a year instead of corporal - sergeant - inspector - ASP. Monkey hand don turn human being hand inside soup.

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by lereinter(m): 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
midolian:
what has this got to do with the government? Most of you are hypocrites. Prove to us having an affair with an unmarried female colleague at work is against the Nigerian constitution..I mean what exactly has the IG done wrong? He had an affair with a junior colleague that has attained the age of consent (18)...Even though it takes two to make it work, you guys are still calling for his head.. Did he rape the lady? The fact that she had an affair with the IG does not mean she can never meet requirement for promotion. The brain is there, you guys should let it perform its duties. Think before you type and not the other way round.

As the IG rightly said, this is highly laughable

oga with your analysis yu comparing a paramillitary organisation to entertainment industry

aybe u supporting office romance

how will that lady be assigned duty by other senior officers when the igp is in office or maybe she will receieve orders only from the igp

in a country like nig how will their relationship not cause insubordination.

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mccullum:

It seems you're jumping without sensible response to just criticize Buhari's govt, go and learn public worker's ethics before laughing like the way camel opening their teeth in desert.

He is going back to daura come 2019, if you like pack & follow am.

what do you want anyways, Mr smart ass undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by lereinter(m): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
buhari couldnt even appoint a credible person as igp

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by TheAdvocate(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
Where is morality?!
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by enemyofprogress: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
Useless old fool. Mixing work with pleasure

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by enemyofprogress: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
lereinter:

buhari couldnt even appoint a credible person as igp
the thing tire me

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by AreaFada2: 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Benita27:
Of course, there's no law that says you can't have a romantic affair with a junior female officer but don't use your position[b] to sexually harass and intimidate your junior female officers into having a romantic affair with you[/b]. Try that, and see if there's no law against sexual harassment in this country.

That is always difficult to rule in or out. How many junior female officers (married or single) can avoid such advances from the highest ranking officer in NPF? It is always hard to know how it began, harassment, compulsion, threat or mutual love.

It is just a matter of common decency to avoid such affairs in public office. Because it would be a bad example and conflict of interest is hard to avoid. Unless the IG was single.

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by CloudResident(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Now what do we call this? Innate stupidity or hereditary shamelessness?

Even if you are that dull, this is a new level sir!

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by oyindare(m): 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
FortifiedCity:
sad

Today, the 12th of November 2017 is my day just like every other day.
I rule the earth and all that live therein. All the forces of nature are at my beck and call and they do that which I instruct them. They have an unflinching duty to protect me.
Evil men and all enemies of nature are beneath my feet. And all I need to make any degree of positive change on the earth and universe is being provided. This is signed by me and approved by the creator....Amen!!
amen bigger steps in Jesus name.
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by MayorofLagos(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
UAE123:
There is really lack of trust among Nigerians towards their leaders dies not in anyway translate to taking everything said about them to be the whole truth. Senator Misau made an allegation about the police IG dating & promoting a junior rank officer to a senior officer without naming the said police woman? secondly, the police IG has a limit to the rank he can promote to, cus in the case of those from the ASP to higher officers, that is primary the duty of the police service commission. Senator Misau should produce his evidence of shut his mouth if he has non.

Those who cannot differentiate truth from falsehood or law from ethics are often at a loss to raise point of defense when their own dignity is attacked with falsehood or their rights assaulted unjustifiably.

Misau does not need to present evidence. He has nothing to loose.
IGP has a lot to loose. If he is dishonorably discharged for this misstep, which indeed could happen, he looses his lifetime pension and cannot enter into any business or contractual deal with police for rest of his life. Therefore it is to IGPs best discretion to hire a lawyer and a PR and dispatch both to start talking for him. The Senate could invite Esther as well if they want to...and women talk too much sometime, you can bet she will spill the bean.

When a charge of this magnitude is raised to the point of going in front of National Legislature it is no longer a matter of simply law...all the points and functions of office must be attended to, including codes of ethics....which by the way is also a legal instrument for managing behavior and relationships in a professional institution where trust and integrity is highly desired and of utmost importance.

Dont argue blindly, this is not soccer duel between manchester and liverpool and you are not in a sports arena, you are in the political section of nairaland.

Enjoy the evidence....

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by ekhai(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
sarrki:
Misau allegations lacks evidence
His father married his Mom both as serving police personnel. This made my day. Sen.Misau over to you. ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by aku626(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
FarahAideed:

She was a corporal and he is an Inspector General of police , the worst part is that he promoted her from Corporal to ASP without recourse to equity and fairness ..Abeg under saner leadership he would have lost his job
He would should lose his job.

From his action a man of law who fights for fairness, unity, peace, equality and justice he has failed his family and his post and he should honorably step down. It's high time most of them are accountable for their actions and words.

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Mightyodi: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
slurity1:
Shallow thinking conclusion and a clear hatred of buhari. Because buhari is President any govt officers Bleep up is because of buhari abi? . You are entitle to your own opinion but it is a shallow conclusion to say in this present govt anything goes. every same and educated person in Nigeria knows that this present govt may not be an Angel but FAR better that the rubbish we have in the past.

ohooo, your boss have to take responsibility, most people were alleged by this EFCC that people stolen monies in the past administration intead of them mentioning them names of the people' all what we see from print and online media is Jonathan's minister,Jonathan's cousin wife,Jonathan's media aid,Jonathan's blablaaaaaaa as if the people don't have names,they must quote Jonathan's in order to maybe drag his name to the mud while the culprits names are hidden.so don't be pained, the people and media are doing their jobs
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Abagworo(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
He's absolutely right.
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Toks2008(m): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
ExAngel007:
shame

I believe if not all, some establishment/ organizations are not in support of this.

Most women fall for their superior because they had been compelled to do so

Compelled ke!

The IG is 1000% right..as long as the lady wants it. .no p.
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by princejenks(m): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
All of you saying the IG did nothing wrong dating a subordinate or should I say having affairs with a lower ranked officer than him may be right legally but wrong morally. While am aware many private organizations have express laws forbidding such but same can't be said of the public sector,the reason that sector has remained largely unproductive cos anything goes. In saner climes,the act of the IG could have cost him his job because it could be likened to using his position to get her to do his bidding cos not agreeing could have consequences,remember how demanding for bj by charming ex president of US,Bill Clinton,from Lewinsky almost got him impeached until he publicly apologized for his actions. In that society,what you do in private could have great consequences for a public office holder,we need to acquire this kind of thinking in the way we run our public affairs if we are to get the right kind of people in public positions

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by BakireBulmaker: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
lereinter:

oga with your analysis yu comparing a paramillitary organisation to entertainment industry

aybe u supporting office romance

how will that lady be assigned duty by other senior officers when the igp is in office or maybe she will receieve orders only from the igp

in a country like nig how will their relationship not cause insubordination.

Honestly, the looonatic you quoted is zombie personified.

Can you imagine
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by BakireBulmaker: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
felixomor:

The problem is that the romantic affair will come with favouritism which will be unfair to the other colleagues and that will weaken the force. Especially since he is the boss

Just use google,
Many people who do this in sane countries are sacked
Some are even jailed

I feels like whipping some people with koboko.

Can you imagine the stupid defence the person you quoted is trying to put up

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by goodnews777: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
When Buhari rules, sexual sin is the order of the day. Don't forget what his religion says in that area. Pathetic .
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by brojoshua: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Give his office to another person
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by BudeYahooCom: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
When abookis are in power the world laughs at zoo.
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
ExAngel007:
shame

I believe if not all, some establishment/ organizations are not in support of this.

Most women fall for their superior because they had been compelled to do so
U are beauty with brains
Haba!
Am slumping into another wise comment of urs today
I don't know what ur display text means but I pray that you will get there in Jesus name Amen. Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Mccullum: 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jiang:

He is going back to daura come 2019, if you like pack & follow am.

what do you want anyways, Mr smart ass undecided

You don't need to wait till 2019 why don't you enthrone your own choice of politician now.... empty bragging on internet... yeye!
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by rejoice4eva(m): 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
Where is the body language or body odour? Abi d thing no dey smell again ni? it is still business as usual even at check points. corruption has even gone worse.
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mccullum:

You don't need to wait till 2019 why don't you enthrone your own choice of politician now.... empty bragging on internet... yeye!

why can't you people come out & say the truth, PMB government is a monumental failure just like GEJ but you guys keep hoping for d impossible, well whatever, you can make him d king of daura & stay their with hin
Re: I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris by Mccullum: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2017
Jiang:

why can't you people come out & say the truth, PMB government is a monumental failure just like GEJ but you guys keep hoping for d impossible, well whatever, you can make him d king of daura & stay their with hin

So you know GEJ regime was a failure, no wonder you want PMB to fail by all means... OK I can understand you better now, for now PMB is not a failure because he's repairing rusted Nigeria system and gradually things are changing positively.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: Lawyers Caught Sleeping During Court Session (Photo) / Senator, Mahmud Kanti Bello Is Dead / Fayose Wears White Shorts To Receive Leaders Of Traders At Fayose Market (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.