Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala (26535 Views)

Femi Aribisala: How I Stopped The Rain At My Niece's Wedding / Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by OkaiCorne(m): 8:47am On Dec 13, 2017
ime2010:
I strongly disagree with you on this tithe movement. I have carefully review the videos and interview and I think you are misleading people. Firstly, there were 2 Order of Priesthood - Aaronic Priesthood and Melchisedec Priesthood [Heb 7: 1-28]. The present church is NOT following Aaronic, but Melchisedec Priesthood. For tithing, there MUST be a Priest to receive the tithe. For the present day church, the biblical tribe does NOT count... whether Levite (Aaron) or Juda (Jesus), because there is NO record of Melchisedec tribe, but he received tithe as a Priest. If Abraham paid tithe to Melchisedec, his natural and spiritual seed should continue to pay tithe to this priesthood since it now replace the Aaronic priesthood (v 9-21). Is the first priest of the Melchisedec order the only on to receive tithe? Should God require tithing under this priesthood at the first and then discontinue it when Christ became a priest under this order? Does grace lessen the obligation of man OR increases it? Has this priesthood come to a self-supporting place, where it needs nothing from those under it benefits? Was it right that Abraham paid tithe to this priesthood and for melchisedec to receive them for his support? If it was right then, could it be wrong now to continue this same programe? Should a mere typical priesthood be supported and not the eternal priesthood itself? Awaiting you kind response

First question, what is the scriptural definition of tithe? 10% of crop and livestock or 10% of gold and silver?

Awaiting your kind response sir...

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Kobicove(m): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2017
We all know it's a scam but most people do not want to admit it

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Sheddywiz(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2017
Don't be deceived about tithe. Click on the link below to get a detailed explanation of the whole truth about tithe

https://www.nairaland.com/4226027/truth-tithing-pastor-murphy-akpovi
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by RoyalUc(m): 9:39am On Dec 13, 2017
Lumig:
In fact I feel like clapping for this man - this is eye opening and backed up with the scriptures. I wish one of our G.Os can shame the devil by always saying the truth no matter what they will lose materially or financially

You can't possibly understand how I feel with this your comment. Thank you!

This would not have been a big issue had our leaders come up with the truth, but now, whether we like it or not, an effect had be created. But I'm happy about all this and I also believe God has a hand in this.

The church of God/Christ in Nigeria is about to expirience a season of revival that will usher in the era of returning to the True Gosple.

I join you to say; "I wish...our G.Os can shame the devil by always saying the truth no matter what they will lose materially or financially."

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by RoyalUc(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2017
okestev:

Another Long Epistle From The Kingdom of Satan to discourage and bring down the faith of many young believers... Christain beware!!!

I rather think this might be "another Long Epistle From The Kingdom of Satan to" stir believers up to return to the True Gosple.

I also think God has a hand in this. The church of God/Christ is matching on!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Sheddywiz(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2017
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE

In view of the recent confusion about the Christian tradition of tithing and the seemingly inability of leaders of the of church to address the church properly, there has been a drastic reduction in the amount of active tithe believers in Nigeria Christendom today. I find it necessary therefore for this enlightenment not just for Christian brothers alone, but for critics like daddy freeze and all those who have little understanding of this subject matter.

WHAT IS TITHE?
it is necessary to understand that tithing as a word has no spiritual history. In fact it is the same word as the English word TEN and the Greek word DÉKA. In Hebraic terms tithe simply means One tenth of a whole.
In tracing the history of tithing as a tradition we have to classify it into three eras to get a clearer picture.

• The Blessing And The Designated Portion
• The Law And Tithing
• Modern Christianity And Tithing

THE BLESSING AND THE DESIGNATED PORTION.
When God created man (Adam) he blessed him and gave him absolute dominion over every other thing created by HIM.
GEN 1: 27 - 30 (KJV) "...And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth..."
When God gives a man blessings he requires that the man show him reverence by keeping for HIM his designated portion. See GEN 2:16&17
Adam through the urging of his wife Eve, ate from God's designated portion and the after effect was his eviction from the garden of Eden. Simply put he lost a forest of trees because he failed to give God back a tree.
In Cain and Abel, the trend of a designated portion continues howbeit this time what was required of them Was The firstlings of all their produce. (Gen 4:3-5) and we see that because Cain disrespected God by not offering his firstlings, God acknowledged not his sacrifice.
Noah Was The third occasion God instructed that a designated portion be kept for him. Gen 7:2 ; 8:20.
God asked Noah to keep nine each of every creature, seven clean and two unclean. The latter seven he sacrificed to God after the flood. And from the other two began a new race.
It must be understood that when God gave man THE BLESSING, it was infinite. But there was a clause. You MUST set aside his portion and when you fail to do so you lose your portion of that infinite blessing - your birthright.
Going further we find Abraham and the first mention of a one tenth (tithe). Gen 14 : 17 - 20. Melchizedek here became the first high priest to receive tithe.
When you receive wealth, two kings would come to you just like the two Abraham met. The king of Sodom which represents flesh and earthly cravings and the king of Salem the high priest of God.
In paying your tithe not necessarily do you get wealth but rather you get wisdom to control finances. You get idea to achieve great things. You activate your natural birthright and inheritance which is THE BLESSING.

THE LAW AND TITHING
After the journey of the Israelites from Egypt, God through Moses made a covenant with the people of Israel after blessing them with Canaan Land. Part of that covenant was a duty to give God his due and designated portion. (Deut. 12 : 6; 14 : 22)
Because he was the king and author of holiness, Just as he instructed Noah to set aside seven clean creatures for himself, he required the Israelites gave him in tithing only the things that were holy. (Deut 12 : 26)
As you well know, Aaron was appointed by Moses as the high priest and the children of Levi as priests over Israel. So it became a tradition that tithe was given to God through the levites.

MODERN CHRISTIANITY AND TITHING
By the advent of Christ, after the long sojourn of the Israelites in foreign lands and their mix up with other races for a long time, the Jewish religion lost it's purity and what remained Was the people worshiping nonchalantly in the hope of a better future in that they anticipated the coming of a saviour.
It was at this juncture Christ cautioned the Pharisees and the scribes that despite the fact that they do pay tithes yet they ignored other aspects of the law. Read Matt 23 : 23.
Now critics argue that the law has been abolished hence, tithing no longer holds sway in our religion today. Hebrew 8:13 ; 10: 9.
What many fail to understand today including those that have taken it upon themselves to lead the church astray is that despite the priesthood order of Aaron being changed, tithing stood. As you would have understood by now, the designated portion started long before the priesthood of Aaron and the children of Levi. (Heb 7: 9 - 10)
Christ coming as a new breed of man not after the race of Adam but as a new Adam (a perfect man) was made high priest not according to the order of Aaron but the order of Melchizedek. (Heb 6:20 ; 7:17)
Melchizedek had no beginning neither an end for he was only recorded once in the Bible ( Heb 7:1-3) and the only thing mentioned about him in the Bible was of him receiving TITHE from Abraham.
If Christ was made then a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek what would he be doing for eternity than performing the same duty Melchizedek performed and was known for? See Heb 7 : 8
For a better understanding of the change of priesthood and the law, Christ's ordination as high priest, read the whole of Hebrews chapter 7&8 meticulously. Also read psalms 110:4, Heb 5:9-10, Heb 6: 20, Heb, 9: 11. All these scriptures above clearly defined Christ's stand as a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

WHY IS IT WRONG TO GIVE YOUR TITHES TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED? Hebrews 7:6 "But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better."
Clearly the scripture above states that the receiver is of a higher standing than the giver of tithe. Hence it is only a man spiritually higher than you that is in a position to receive your tithes.

TO WHOM SHOULD TITHE BE PAID NOW?
Hebrews 7:8 "And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth."
When you bring your tithe to the man of God, he stands to receive it on behalf of the high priest Christ. He releases and activates your natural inheritance which is THE BLESSING by the virtue of his spiritual standing.

WHY DID JESUS HIS APOSTLES NOT PAY TITHE
Christ being the high priest forever, could not pay tithe to another priest after the priesthood order had been changed. Being with the high priest himself they had all ready given all that they had leaving their profession and worldly possessions for the advancement of the gospel. As recorded in the Bible, tithes are only paid from finances earned. Since the apostles were not earners they relied on the populace for upkeep.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by DeRay98(m): 10:35am On Dec 13, 2017
desreek9:

Really, so he's a muslim, shameless
man
He's a Christian-hating columnist in a major newspaper probably Vanguard, always attacking Christianity in his articles.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by aboladejohnny(m): 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
michaelmo11:

If tithe paying is biblical as you say, prove it to the house from the same Bible.

lmao... u sef no bliv tithing.... #FreeTheSheeple gang
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by michaelmo11(m): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
aboladejohnny:

lmao... u sef no bliv tithing.... #FreeTheSheeple gang
My guy, I have had to reconsider my stance on it, with the bible passages been quoted.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by porka: 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2017
bettercreature:
Who assembled all these verses,they are so accurate and prescise
It can’t be Aribisala he probably copied it from somewhere or he has been doing the research for months

This is an extreme insult.

You really need to open your eyes before making comments.

Femi Aribisala, a pastor for over 20 years, earned his Ph.D from Oxford University more than 30 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
Throwback:

You are happy to believe that a Christian theologian and a pastor in his own right is a Muslim because someone said so, and it help to ease your distress at not being able to refute his arguments backed by history, scripture and current realities that exist even in Israel.

Just spending 2mins to look up who Femi Aribisala is on the internet would have saved you your folly.

Now imagine spending a week to read the old testament books where the law and rules on Tithes were given in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, as opposed to the charlatans' usual defence in Malachi, which itself is misquoted as it was addressed to the priesthood and not the congregation in a time before Christ's sacrifice when the law was still valid.

Imagine spending another week to read the 4 books of the gospel, the letters of Paul and "authorless" Hebrews?

Imagine the truth you would have discovered if only you seized the initiative to learn what is right before you and not what you are told or instructed by charlatans to read?
Hahaha!

This sounded like Morpheus (from the Matrix) to me when he was trying to free Neo's mind...

"What if I told you..."

Great points sir wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Witches And Wizards Let's Meet Here / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. / If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.