Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships (30421 Views)

How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally / Annoying Things Women Do / Cruel Things Women Do To Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by r231(m): 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

You need to be very careful when you get married to this guy because what you have just mentioned is an obsessive/compulsive condition (not good). some people who have this condition are normal in other areas of their lives but when it comes to symmetry and neatness they will absolutely freak-out if one tiny detail is out of place. you will never find an i without a dot or a t that is not crossed, all their buttons are perfect and their shirts ironed without one crease . I know you love him well enough to want to get married to him, just learn the nuances of obsessive/compulsive behavior so you are not blind-sided (with a slap) one day you decide you want to re-decorate the house.

you are right

foyeks2001:

me too

@poster
so wat do u think about calling a boyfy on a saturday(about 49missed calls because i called him though he we live far apart, at first i tot could it be sumtin had happened to him,(so i called him thruout that day) n he didnt pick, the next morning he called , asked y he didnt pick, he said i should forget about it
that day, i knew the relationship will not work because the trust vanished

hmmmmmm

49 missed calls

did you put the fone on autoredial or something grin
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by Damysa(f): 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2010
What I hate most in relationship are lies, infidelity and bragging, it kills a relationship fast
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by TeeJay6(m): 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2010
Damysa:

What I hate most in relationship are lies, infidelity and bragging, it kill a relationship fast
me 2 grin grin
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by newdeal(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
My take all these talks about what makes or unmakes relationships?

People in relationship should try and unlearn every bias and preconceptions they have acquired about successful relationships and work out whatever arrangement is convenient for the two, based on their purpose for embarking on the relationship in the first place.

I use to thinks it is childish to sign a prenuptial. I don't think so anymore.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by 2tait: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
Everything and anything can destroy a relationship (including good deeds and bad deeds)
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by gistar(m): 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2010
in my own view i think it is all a matter of trust btw the male and the female folks.the who are u talking to, where are u and all other questions will not arise if thre is trust btw both parties.

in my own words, TRUST IS THE WHEEL OF LOVE, IT KEEPS IT GOING.Any man or woman asked the question of where are u or who are u talking to on the phone will naturally feel not being trusted, even i will feel so.

like i earlier said trust is all we need, and love so that when asked any of those questions we ignore what might have prompted it and accept it in love. tongue
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by Damysa(f): 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2010
Everything and anything can destroy a relationship (including good deeds and bad deeds)

How do u mean, man
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by alveerah: 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ lagerwhenindoubt , you took the words right out of my mouth. This is definately a compulsive behaviour which love alone cannot conquer.She would definately need some wisdom on this behaviour upfront so that  she doesn't feel inadequate (in  anyway) and is well prepared for the challenges ahead.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by chika98: 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
Yeah right! A man will answer your calls and still run about. It doesn't really work nowadays.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by TeeJay6(m): 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
Damysa:

How do u mean, man
i guess the man means, spoiling ur babe can also wreck a relationship
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by princekevo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 26, 2010
Wow!! poster you got it right. Will give you 99.9% on your analysis.
I walk out of a relationship becoz  the some few things you mentioned above.
There is nothing that pisses me off like  those questions u mentioned above.
who was that on the phone?
where are you and what are u doing?
Who are you with.
My ex was used to these questions. Once i leave the house other than work, my phone rings after every 10mins until i could not bear it anymore. At the end i had to quit from such relationship. To some women they believe is a sign of love and caring, but is jst a way of making a man live someone else life and not his.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by lovemoi2(f): 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2010
blah blah blah undecided
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by TeeJay6(m): 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2010
yadah yadah yadah grin grin
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by upc: 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2010
ALL OF YOU HAVE WRITTEN WELL. "BUILTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER. WHAT COVERS ALL ARE: HAVING A GOOD COMMUNICATION, BEING HONEST AND UNDERSTANDING EACH OTHER AND FINALLY TAKING CORRECTION. WITH THESE I DONT THINK THERE WILL BE BREAKUP BECUASE NO ONE IS AN ANGEL. WE ALL ARE HUMAN BEING. WE HAVE OUR OWN CHARACTERS
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by NatGas(m): 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
For me its definitely "Nagging".cant stand a nagging woman.no way.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
Who says that men don't nag? Once had an ex who nagged the hell out of me, took to my heels in no time.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by GL(f): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2010
none of these issues apply to me. in fact, i'm concerned that my need for personal space and independence is excessive. one problem i have though is i over-analyze things to death and it's bad for relationships.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by Cyberfreak(f): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2010
Why is 'cheating' not on the list for the things men do?
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by deb(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2010
5. Allowing a Man Time to Breathe:

Men need time by themselves, to be with friends and family. Men need to feel independent. When a woman doesn’t give a man time to himself then he feels suffocated.

GBAM!

I broke a relationship because of that after several subtle and hard warning.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by makmabel: 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
ya, i agree wt u, but i think asking ur guy where he is means u cared so much about him or am i wroung because i did it so much
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by yemipretty(f): 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2010
It's not only guys that like space you know. I also like a bit of space in my relationships. Not space to cheat but space to be my person, do my thing. Don't have to watch football because he is. I'd rather use the time to read a novel or something. I like stage plays and love to hang out with my girlfriends so I don't feel the need to be around him always.
But most of the posters points were right on point. So people, take a hint.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by suchislife: 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ poster you have a great point.

BUT, the most important thing in a relationship is to "understand the difference" between you and your partner.
Everybody should know that God created us differently, you can never be me, and I can never be you.
If you know a person personality, you can predict his/her behavior.
Whatever your partner do for you, you should know that is how his/her understand relationship and life. If it is good thing appreciate it and if is bad thing talk to him/her politely for the correction.

To everybody in the house, how many time have you wake up in the middle night and pray for your partners either for his/her progress or for the changes in "attitude" you don't like?

Everybody has a problem in a relationship, it depend how you can handle/resolved it.

I wish you all peace and happy marriage life in your home.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by r231(m): 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
Cyberfreak:

Why is 'cheating' not on the list for the things men do?

other things apart from CHEATING
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by Diva20(f): 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2010
1. The “WHERE ARE YOU” question:

When a woman calls a man and the first thing she ask him is “WHERE ARE YOU” That is annoying. If the woman is asking for a specific reason then thats understandable but to ask a man who all the time shows that a woman doesn't trust her man when he’s not with her.

2. The “Who You Talking To” question:

When a man is on the phone and this question is asked, men find this to be very rude. Asking this question co-insides with the above question, it shows that a woman doesn't trust her man and makes a woman appear to be nosy.

I feel like both of them apply more to men. Women don't ask those questions directly, it's usually subliminal.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by eros(m): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ Poster

All correct and some other missing points though.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by chamotex(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
1. The “WHERE ARE YOU” question:

When a woman calls a man and the first thing she ask him is “WHERE ARE YOU” That is annoying. If the woman is asking for a specific reason then thats understandable but to ask a man who all the time shows that a woman doesn't trust her man when he’s not with her.

Saying its 'annoying' is an UNDERSTATEMENT angry angry
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by ibabalol: 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
what i hate about relationship is relationship itself
people should just get together Bleep, bang and go their seperate ways\
chikena, no strings attached.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by Cmiller(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
It's all jst TRUE,guess d background is Understanding.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by JoeGaruba: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2010
Me, I like a nagging woman o.  undecided

If your man/woman does not nag, E fit be say e don dey cut shows with smallie or aristo be that.
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by ibabalol: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2010
the only woman i will trust is virgin mary
no more, no less sad
Re: 10 Things Men And Women Do That Destroy Relationships by Cyberfreak(f): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2010
@r231, what other things apart from cheating. Please enlighten me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Steps To Deal With Guys Looking At Your Girlfriend / She's Pregnant For Me Even When I Told Her Am Not Ready / Thread For Beautiful Ladies With Pointed Nose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.