Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court (32621 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks Buhari To Resign Over Insecurity / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. / Falana Sues Army, Asks Court To Stop Positive Identification Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by BafanaBafana: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
greggng:
I am not a support of biafra but I believe in justice. Having said this, I don't know the rational behind the invasion of kanus house since he is due to appear in court. Why in a hurry to invade him. the Nigerian army are as guilty as kanu
The fact that he is on bail doesn't give him immunity. If the army actually invaded his house, they did so because they had reason to. It does not in anyway change the course of the case.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by almarthins(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
ofai:

I don't blame you because your brain capacity is lower than my phone memory card.

Only in Nigeria that KANU is tagged a terrorist.

And urs is lower than the ram of Nokia 3310. What was abaribe thinking wen he took the risk of aiding KANU release. Was he his brain formatted?
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by obaival(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
Toeyoursea:
Senator ABARIBE, how can you stand as surety for a person labelled Terrorist by the court. Face your warrant oga. undecided
Was he tagged a terrorist b4 or after the surety?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by dokiOloye(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
Agentsmith002:
. whisker face yorugba demon talking

anumanu
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Bros,why are u wicked like this grin grin grin grin grin
Whisker gini?
If u are a catholic,U should go for confessions for this,to a priest of monsignor level and above.
Ordinary fada enwero power to forgive this one grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by bencynthgreat: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
ofai:

I don't blame you because your brain capacity is lower than my phone memory card.

Only in Nigeria that KANU is tagged a terrorist.
Wow this got me laughing.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by ofai: 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Yusuf54:
Let Me educate U,There is nothing like Nigeria Terrorist or World Terrorist,A Terrorist will always be a terrorist

Please go back to school.....

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by ihatesycophant(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
krendo:
Abaribe should pursue this matter all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary

The Nigerian Army by invading Kanu’s residence showed contempt of court process

Abaribe can not at this stage be responsible for Kanu whereabouts. High court judges tend to rule according to the highest bidder in some cases but I have faith in the Supreme Court
You guys will not stop amusing intelligent minds like us. Pls which court rule against Kanu that constituted contempt of the court? Where is it written in the law that if an accused is given a bail condition and he need to be rearrested, it constitute contempt of court? Pls, you guys need to be reasonable for once.
If a thief burgled your house and he's arrested and taken to court and court grant him bail and before his next appearance in court he went to your neighbour's house and vandalised it, do you mean the law should not be visited on him because he's on bail condition?
Why not just take some minutes and apply commonsense than wallowing in ignorance. No law forbid a culprit on a bail condition not to be rearrested/checked if he/she commits any infringement. Come to think of it, he was taken to court because of treason and was given bail to go and take care of his acclaimed ill health but instead forming James Bond against the govt.
He was ill advised to have done what he did. He out-stretched his boundaries. No reasonable govt will tolerate what he did, trying to create govt in govt.
It's his fundamental right to seek for self-determination but not within his right to form security guard and outfit and even went as far as having National Guard, equivalent to the president Guard of Honour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
meethumb:
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe has told the Abuja federal high court that he can't produced someone tagged as a member of terrorist organisation, in the person of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Recall that Senator Abaribe was one of the three persons that stood surety for the ‘missing’ leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Kanu's whereabouts was still unknown since the men of the Nigerian army invaded his home in Umuahia, Abia State capital.

Following his disappearance, Kanu who was supposed to appear in court in the proceeding of his trial was absent, which led the trial judge, Justice Binta Nyako to order his sureties, Abaribe and two others to appear and explain the whereabouts of someone they signed surety for.

However, Abaribe had blamed the army for invading Kanu's home, thereby led to Kanu's disappearance.

Abaribe who appeared in court yesterday in the trial proceeding of Kanu, urged the trial Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja to compel the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai to pay N10million to him for the psychological trauma he has gone through following extra-judicial self-help actions of the Army he said led to Kanu’s disappearance.

This is as the lawmaker had on October 17 prayed the court to revoke the undertaking he took on behalf of Kanu and discharge him as a surety in the matter.

He told the court that the Nigerian Army had in the course of military operations in Abia State from September 11, visited Kanu’s residence, adding that it was reported in the media that there was shooting and fracas during the visit.

He said: ”Kanu has not been seen again nor reached on phone by the applicant, neither is he reported in any news media as seen by any person, nor made any statement on any issue.”

Abaribe told the court that he “lacks capacity to produce a person stated by the 1st Respondent to be a member of a terrorist organisation, or any person whom the 1st Respondent is reported to be interested in his whereabouts including the aftermath of the military operations in Abia state which commenced about 11th September, 2017.”

Specifically, Abaribe is praying the court for, “An order of this honourable court discharging the applicant as surety of the 1st/2nd respondent, and discharging the recognizance entered into by the applicant, and to discharge the applicant from the entire incidence of the bail of Nnamdi Kanu- the 1st defendant/2nd respondent in charge No. FHC/Abj/CR/383/2015: Federal Republic of Nigeria v Nnamdi Kanu, Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Benjamin Madubugwu, David Nwawisi.”

However, following a counter-affidavit that was filed by the federal government, Justice Nyako maintained that Abaribe must firstly produce Kanu before he could be allowed to withdraw as a surety in the case.

Meanwhile, the matter could not proceed as scheduled on Monday owing to absence of the trial Judge who however directed the court registrar to give the parties December 5 return date.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2017/11/can-produce-person-labeled-terrorist-abaribe-asks-court.html
pls has d definition of terrorist changed?bcuz if it has den catalans are terrorists as well

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by engrchykae(m): 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
magoo10:
The military surrounded kanus house for good four days which everyone confirmed that he was inside including his dad and mum, only for them to be telingl this rubbish tale.
The high court is always compromised I doubt if the Supreme Court can make this type of blunder, no wonder the confused aboki judge was absent.
that means the army have kanu maybe dead or alive.they are so dumb that they can't conjure up an intelligent lie.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by bencynthgreat: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
Toeyoursea:
Senator ABARIBE, how can you stand as surety for a person labelled Terrorist by the court. Face your warrant oga. undecided
Read you won't read. was he labelled a terrorist before he stood for him?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Alariiwo: 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2017
Abaribe or what is he called hasn't seen anything yet..

By the time FG will finish with you, you'll know Nigeria is bigger than that tiny Abia you came from.

Foolish Ipob sponsor who can't even hide his foolishness
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by JuicyStar: 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
Pls people should not get too sentimental about the issue at hand. The matter before this Court has nothing for to do with Ipob being a terrorist group. This Court is blind to that declaration. What's before this Court is Kanu & others being charged with treason and not Kanu the leader of a "proscribed terrorist group". So Abaribe is asked to produce the Kanu sending trial for treason.

Secondly, the judge is to stand as an unbiased umpire meaning that it's left for the more convincing party to direct the Judge's decision to his side. Now the Army says Kanu isn't with them, and on the other hand, the counsel to Kanu says that the army took Kanu away after the invasion. He who alleges must prove. So the onus is on Kanu's counsel to prove with concrete evidence that he was actually taken away by the Army. And this wouldn't be achieved by just showing pics of bullet holes and destroyed houses. At least there should be one or two people that would have seen him been taken away. (At least the shittes saw their leader been taken away and the army where put in a position where they couldn't denial).

Sen. Abaribe your application for withdrawal can't scale through unless and until Kanu comes to court in person. And ur reason for doing so would be purely based on the fact that the accused breached all the bail conditions given to him. Remember what u signed up for was that u would produce the accused any day and anywhere. If the army invasion makes it impossible for u to produce him then u need to come with more facts than just making an application for withdrawal. It's a complex issue and I really wish u can see this through.

And to the Nigerian Army, it's pathetic that the use of force is encouraged in a democratic dispensation. This act only project the institution in a bad light to the international communities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Blooddiamond: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
vedaxcool:
grin grin Am a classic example why being too foolish is not good. All I do all day is to spill trash online. Am a demented bastard

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by sokera: 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
ofai:
Abaribe sir, don't mind the cowardly army. They are zombies. They won't understand.
you should have tried to stop the anambra election then you will know that aNigeria no be coward
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by bencynthgreat: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Yusuf54:
Let Me educate U,There is nothing like Nigeria Terrorist or World Terrorist,A Terrorist will always be a terrorist
See teacher ooo. Who declared Book haram a terrorist group. who declared Herdsmen deadly group? Why is Nigeria begging US, EU, UN and France to help them declear ipob a terrorist group. indeed teacher u dey teach nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Agentsmith002: 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
funlord:
[s][/s]

Pained Idiotic piglet of biafra spotted!
grin grin grin
. nonsense

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Les: 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
achi4u:
N10 million is even small self, let the army who tag Kanu a terrorist produce him with their gun.

Nonsense country.
very useless country, I'm ashamed to be a Nigerian �

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Charly68: 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
Nobody knows where American soldiers kept the remains of Osama Bin Laden...I hope KANU will still be found
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Yusuf54: 9:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
bencynthgreat:

See teacher ooo. Who declared Book haram a terrorist group. who declared Herdsmen deadly group? Why is Nigeria begging US, EU, UN and France to help them declear ipob a terrorist group. indeed teacher u dey teach nonsense.
..Ipob was declared as a Terrorist group by Federal Govt and not France or US,By the way who r the US n France to declare a Group in another country a Terrorist?
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by yarimo(m): 9:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ugogbuzuo3272:

Listen to ur self.
Was Mazi Kanu charged for terrorism in the first place
question for senator ABARIBE
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Yusuf54: 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
ofai:

Please go back to school.....
Can U enunciate Ur point on aw a terrorist in a Country is diff from a terrorist in another Nation? Olodo buruku...
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
ihatesycophant:

You guys will not stop amusing intelligent minds like us. Pls which court rule against Kanu that constituted contempt of the court? Where is it written in the law that if an accused is given a bail condition and he need to be rearrested, it constitute contempt of court? Pls, you guys need to be reasonable for once.
If a thief burgled your house and he's arrested and taken to court and court grant him bail and before his next appearance in court he went to your neighbour's house and vandalised it, do you mean the law should not be visited on him because he's on bail condition?
Why not just take some minutes and apply commonsense than wallowing in ignorance. No law forbid a culprit on a bail condition not to be rearrested/checked if he/she commits any infringement. Come to think of it, he was taken to court because of treason and was given bail to go and take care of his acclaimed ill health but instead forming James Bond against the govt.
He was ill advised to have done what he did. He out-stretched his boundaries. No reasonable govt will tolerate what he did, trying to create govt in govt.
It's his fundamental right to seek for self-determination not within his right to form security guard and outfit and even went as far as having National Guard, equivalent to the president Guard of Honour.

Let the matter go Supreme. Court

I have faith in the ability of the Supreme Court to separate facts from farce

I have seen it time and time again and it will be no different this time. Justice will rain in Supreme Court

Remember the issue here is Abaribe. If the FG have arrested Kanu like you said for whatever reason then Abaribe can not be asked to produce a man in the custody of the FG.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Amarabae(f): 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good one Abaribe.
The army should provide kanu.
You can't kill an ideology.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by classicalbenson(m): 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
yarimo:
Senator ABARIBE I wish am close to you while making this useless statement on nigeria army, So ABARIBE when you went to bail NNAMDI KANU you don't know he is a terrorist abi? Justice BINTA NYAKO please ABARIBE must produce terrorist NNAMDI KANU before you he likes it or not.
when I look into your eyes,I see the back of ur head.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Amarabae:
Good one Abaribe.
The army should provide kanu.
You can't kill an ideology.

Nwayioma

grin smiley kiss

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Organizer111222(m): 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
Is ABARIBE mad?.. he represents my constituency but honestly... he is very stupid...was he forced to surety a criminal... it is only a stupid and senseless person like him...a senator for that matter that will say he does not know what to consider before signing surety for anyone. If its an ordinary citizen now, those stupid law enforcement agencies and the judge would have remanded him in prison... instead he is sueing the Nigeria Army for making nnamdi kanu escape.. if i were the Nigeria army i will give him 1billion naira but in 24hrs kanu must be produced. I said on this plarform that kanu is a scam some stupid and illiterate beings who cant think with the brain but with their anus.. came here and started calling me names... did i not tell you people that kanu is a coward who was only looking for a means to survive. A cheap popularity..he saw what the likes of Asari Dokubo, tompolo, boyloaf to mention a few did in the niger delta area and the money they made... all he wanted to do was to use the same strategy to make money by brainwashing some fools... and at last he got what he wanted... fame and money....and he has bolted leaving fools like abaribe to pay for their stupidity and his own smartness

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Amarabae(f): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
krendo:

Nwayioma

grin smiley kiss
nwoke Oma.
Tell them to provide kanu.
I am still recovering from the shock some Igbo leaders gave me in ebonyi by giving buhari chieftaincy title.
If not anything, kanu can't betray Igbos like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Amarabae(f): 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
Organizer111222:
Is ABARIBE mad?.. he represents my constituency but honestly... he is very stupid...was he forced to surety a criminal... it is only a stupid and senseless person like him...a senator for that matter that will say he does not know what to consider before signing surety for anyone. If its an ordinary citizen now, those stupid law enforcement agencies and the judge would have remanded him in prison... instead he is sueing the Nigeria Army for making nnamdi kanu escape.. if i were the Nigeria army i will give him 1billion naira but in 24hrs kanu must be produced. I said on this plarform that kanu is a scam some stupid and illiterate beings who cant think with the brain but with their anus.. came here and started calling me names... did i not tell you people that kanu is a coward who was only looking for a means to survive. A cheap popularity..he saw what the likes of Asari Dokubo, tompolo, boyloaf to mention a few did in the niger delta area and the money they made... all he wanted to do was to use the same strategy to make money by brainwashing some fools... and at last he got what he wanted... fame and money....and he has bolted leaving fools like abaribe to pay for their stupidity and his own smartness
How is kanu a criminal?
Did he kill anyone? Did he declare war on anyone?
Why will the useless army go to his house?
Was there a court arrest order on him?
Leave kanu alone.
Igbo leaders are our big problem now

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by msylva2147(m): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
ihatesycophant:

It's his fundamental right to seek for self-determination not within his right to form security guard and outfit and even went as far as having National Guard, equivalent to the president Guard of Honour.
you don't need to educate this chest beaters because their brain is already upside down so no matter how hard you try to educate them they will be busy forming Rambo on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Respect Hausa People But Not Fulani - Nnamdi Kanu / INEC Insists Gov Ahmed Remains PDP Candidate For Kwara South But The Gov Says No / Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.