Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,477 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court (32387 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks Buhari To Resign Over Insecurity / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. / Falana Sues Army, Asks Court To Stop Positive Identification Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by degamemaster(m): 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
Useless country called Nigeria, how can you invade his house, killed people and be asking abaribe to provide him? That's foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=Blooddiamond post=62594462][/quote] grin grin
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Referendum50(f): 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
BlowBack:
Only in Nigeria will the security forces brutalize innocent defenseless civilians then tag them as terrorist and then rush to court to compel the relatives of the dead to pay for the cost of the bullets used in killing their loved ones.

It is truly an owerllian world will live in under the Islam fascist APC
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by kitchen(m): 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
D point is simply dat, nnamdi kanu is hail n hearthy, bt he cant produce him because he s labelled a terrorist. in other words, if he declared nt a terrorist, he wil surely b produced.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by baysol: 12:08am On Nov 22, 2017
meethumb:
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe has told the Abuja federal high court that he can't produced someone tagged as a member of terrorist organisation, in the person of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Recall that Senator Abaribe was one of the three persons that stood surety for the ‘missing’ leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Kanu's whereabouts was still unknown since the men of the Nigerian army invaded his home in Umuahia, Abia State capital.

Following his disappearance, Kanu who was supposed to appear in court in the proceeding of his trial was absent, which led the trial judge, Justice Binta Nyako to order his sureties, Abaribe and two others to appear and explain the whereabouts of someone they signed surety for.

However, Abaribe had blamed the army for invading Kanu's home, thereby led to Kanu's disappearance.

Abaribe who appeared in court yesterday in the trial proceeding of Kanu, urged the trial Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja to compel the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai to pay N10million to him for the psychological trauma he has gone through following extra-judicial self-help actions of the Army he said led to Kanu’s disappearance.

This is as the lawmaker had on October 17 prayed the court to revoke the undertaking he took on behalf of Kanu and discharge him as a surety in the matter.

He told the court that the Nigerian Army had in the course of military operations in Abia State from September 11, visited Kanu’s residence, adding that it was reported in the media that there was shooting and fracas during the visit.

He said: ”Kanu has not been seen again nor reached on phone by the applicant, neither is he reported in any news media as seen by any person, nor made any statement on any issue.”

Abaribe told the court that he “lacks capacity to produce a person stated by the 1st Respondent to be a member of a terrorist organisation, or any person whom the 1st Respondent is reported to be interested in his whereabouts including the aftermath of the military operations in Abia state which commenced about 11th September, 2017.”

Specifically, Abaribe is praying the court for, “An order of this honourable court discharging the applicant as surety of the 1st/2nd respondent, and discharging the recognizance entered into by the applicant, and to discharge the applicant from the entire incidence of the bail of Nnamdi Kanu- the 1st defendant/2nd respondent in charge No. FHC/Abj/CR/383/2015: Federal Republic of Nigeria v Nnamdi Kanu, Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Benjamin Madubugwu, David Nwawisi.”

However, following a counter-affidavit that was filed by the federal government, Justice Nyako maintained that Abaribe must firstly produce Kanu before he could be allowed to withdraw as a surety in the case.

Meanwhile, the matter could not proceed as scheduled on Monday owing to absence of the trial Judge who however directed the court registrar to give the parties December 5 return date.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2017/11/can-produce-person-labeled-terrorist-abaribe-asks-court.html
He is terrified.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by MrRitchie: 12:08am On Nov 22, 2017
achi4u:
N10 million is even small self, let the army who tag Kanu a terrorist produce him with their gun.

Nonsense country.
nonsense comment from a nonentity with a diluted Brain, try get back to normal.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by ipobbigot7: 2:48am On Nov 22, 2017
This Abaribe ought to be in prison now.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by authenticman(m): 3:22am On Nov 22, 2017
magoo10:
The military surrounded kanus house for good four days which everyone confirmed that he was inside including his dad and mum, only for them to be telingl this rubbish tale.
The high court is always compromised I doubt if the Supreme Court can make this type of blunder, no wonder the confused aboki judge was absent.

Has anybody or group challenged the Army's action in court and the court denied them hearing ? No! And we are here wailing. Pls stop indulging the judiciary unnecessarily
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by authenticman(m): 3:23am On Nov 22, 2017
authenticman:

Has anybody or group challenged the Army's action in court and the court denied them hearing ? No! And we are here wailing. Pls stop indulging the judiciary unnecessarily

Sorry, *Insulting*

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by franudi: 3:55am On Nov 22, 2017
yarimo:
Senator ABARIBE I wish am close to you while making this useless statement on nigeria army, So ABARIBE when you went to bail NNAMDI KANU you don't know he is a terrorist abi? Justice BINTA NYAKO please ABARIBE must produce terrorist NNAMDI KANU before you he likes it or not.
Can you read that thing you post? Does it make sense?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by franudi: 3:58am On Nov 22, 2017
Nigerian army must produce Nnamdi Kanu and his parents. Binta if you are a true Moslem never pervert justice.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by uchwar1: 4:00am On Nov 22, 2017
yarimo:
Senator ABARIBE I wish am close to you while making this useless statement on nigeria army, So ABARIBE when you went to bail NNAMDI KANU you don't know he is a terrorist abi? Justice BINTA NYAKO please ABARIBE must produce terrorist NNAMDI KANU before you he likes it or not.
mad man! which court in Nigeria grants bail to terrorists?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by ofai: 6:33am On Nov 22, 2017
sokera:
you should have tried to stop the anambra election then you will know that aNigeria no be coward

Only cowards face armless protesters with guns and armoured tanks while running away from boko haram. I heard boko bombed mubi the other day where over 40 died? Lol....."technically defeated" my foot.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by ofai: 6:39am On Nov 22, 2017
Organizer111222:
Is ABARIBE mad?.. he represents my constituency but honestly... he is very stupid...was he forced to surety a criminal... it is only a stupid and senseless person like him...a senator for that matter that will say he does not know what to consider before signing surety for anyone. If its an ordinary citizen now, those stupid law enforcement agencies and the judge would have remanded him in prison... instead he is sueing the Nigeria Army for making nnamdi kanu escape.. if i were the Nigeria army i will give him 1billion naira but in 24hrs kanu must be produced. I said on this plarform that kanu is a scam some stupid and illiterate beings who cant think with the brain but with their anus.. came here and started calling me names... did i not tell you people that kanu is a coward who was only looking for a means to survive. A cheap popularity..he saw what the likes of Asari Dokubo, tompolo, boyloaf to mention a few did in the niger delta area and the money they made... all he wanted to do was to use the same strategy to make money by brainwashing some fools... and at last he got what he wanted... fame and money....and he has bolted leaving fools like abaribe to pay for their stupidity and his own smartness

Sabo, I hope you have impressed your Fulani masters enough? Your tenth generation can't be as eminent as abaribe is, so stop forming Rambo here in nairaland.

KANU shook the corrupt political class with his agenda and I love it. He made them sleepless at least for a while. Cowards like you sit and type rubbish just to be applauded by your masters.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Yyeske(m): 6:39am On Nov 22, 2017
ofai:

Only cowards face armless protesters with guns and armoured tanks while running away from boko haram. I heard boko bombed mubi the other day where over 40 died? Lol....."technically defeated" my foot.
And only a cowardly freedom fighter and his brainwashed miscreants scamper for safety at the sound of Christmas fireworks........ freedom fighters my foot
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Youngzedd(m): 7:00am On Nov 22, 2017
Ugogbuzuo3272:

Listen to ur self.
Was Mazi Kanu charged for terrorism in the first place

You dey mind those hungry and good for nothing kids. Their job is to be running from one thread to the other commenting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Chydo63(m): 7:00am On Nov 22, 2017
yarimo:
surely if a little bit of this same frustration was expressed on fulani herdsmen, hundreds of innocent Nigerians would've still been alive today. Why spew these much venom on a man that never maimed or killed? If only there were less hypocrites like you, this country would have been better!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Sluvist(m): 7:06am On Nov 22, 2017
thy shalt produceth that terrorist or remains as terrorist group back bone, at least we all know that you are part of them right before now, CAPITAL MUGU.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by badcompany: 8:05am On Nov 22, 2017
yarimo:

you are not serious. it seems like you've not been following the NEWS. what law where the army working with when they invaded his hometown, where they suppose to dance the python dance to his door step? senator cannot produce someone who is either dead or alive after the army INVASION.

RECEIVE SOME SENSE!!!
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Mccullum: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2017
BlowBack:
Only in Nigeria will the security forces brutalize innocent defenseless civilians then tag them as terrorist and then rush to court to compel the relatives of the dead to pay for the cost of the bullets used in killing their loved ones.
-h
It is truly an owerllian world will live in under the Islam fascist APC

You must be a Christian fanatic by mentioning Islam on political issues... all citizens eligible to rule this country irrespective of its religion.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Pope22(m): 8:29am On Nov 22, 2017
Toeyoursea:
Senator ABARIBE, how can you stand as surety for a person labelled Terrorist by the court. Face your warrant oga. undecided
Its either you don't have brains or the ones you have don't retain anything...
Your government cowardly declared Kanu a terrorist even without a proof after the man has signed as a surety. Before your useless government decalared IPOB a terrorist group even without any proof, any reasonable igbo man who had what it takes to surety Kanu could do it then.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:33am On Nov 22, 2017
Toeyoursea:
Senator ABARIBE, how can you stand as surety for a person labelled Terrorist by the court. Face your warrant oga. undecided
He stood as surety before he was labeled a terrorist not after. What the Federal government did wasn't right and Abaribe shouldn't be called upon to produce Kanu. Whether APC lies it or not, we're all here when they invaded Abia state with their senseless excuse of python dance. The NA invaded kanu's house and shot many dead and since then Kanu's whereabouts hasn't been known. Abaribe never told Kanu to leave the country and neither did he tell the NA to invade and take kanu. All this while before the NA invaded, kanu was in town and could be produced by Abaribe until the NA made a mess of everything. I believe we're all sane here and not just some people trying to discredit another because of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Agentsmith002: 8:37am On Nov 22, 2017
Yyeske:
And only a cowardly freedom fighter and his brainwashed miscreants scamper for safety at the sound of Christmas fireworks........ freedom fighters my foot
. Yyeske the osun born anambra wanna be

on that very election day,you were told to just snap ur username and post the picture here for a prove that you are really from anambra and that you truly voted in that election but you ran with both ur legs

such a shameless behavior. you should really prove to us where you hail from and shut up forever

anumanu

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by samsam2019: 8:54am On Nov 22, 2017
They should leave this man alone jare.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by jacyhelen(f): 9:08am On Nov 22, 2017
A zoo is bethan Nigeria cos in a zoo the animals are well behaved but in Nigeria the animals are useless.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by newslifeop: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2017
Oh
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by ihatesycophant(m): 10:21am On Nov 22, 2017
krendo:

Let the matter go Supreme. Court

I have faith in the ability of the Supreme Court to separate facts from farce

I have seen it time and time again and it will be no different this time. Justice will rain in Supreme Court

Remember the issue here is Abaribe. If the FG have arrested Kanu like you said for whatever reason then Abaribe can not be asked to produce a man in the custody of the FG.
I never said Nnamdi Kanu is in custody of Army as you referred but I only burst the illusion of Army or security agent not exercising their mandate on the premise that a culprit is under bail.
The Army has claimed Nnamdi Kanu is not with them, the onus now lies on Abaribe to prove beyond the surface that he Nnamdi is with them because the law is clear, whoever alleges most also asserts. The burden of proof lies with him. So, if the case gets to Supreme Court, he still need to prove his case and not rely on hearsay.
If I may advise him, he should just beg Nnamdi Kanu to come out of hiding to save him national embarrassment because this case is dicey for him.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by gidgiddy: 11:36am On Nov 22, 2017
Organizer111222:
Is ABARIBE mad?.. he represents my constituency but honestly... he is very stupid...was he forced to surety a criminal... it is only a stupid and senseless person like him...a senator for that matter that will say he does not know what to consider before signing surety for anyone. If its an ordinary citizen now, those stupid law enforcement agencies and the judge would have remanded him in prison... instead he is sueing the Nigeria Army for making nnamdi kanu escape.. if i were the Nigeria army i will give him 1billion naira but in 24hrs kanu must be produced. I said on this plarform that kanu is a scam some stupid and illiterate beings who cant think with the brain but with their anus.. came here and started calling me names... did i not tell you people that kanu is a coward who was only looking for a means to survive. A cheap popularity..he saw what the likes of Asari Dokubo, tompolo, boyloaf to mention a few did in the niger delta area and the money they made... all he wanted to do was to use the same strategy to make money by brainwashing some fools... and at last he got what he wanted... fame and money....and he has bolted leaving fools like abaribe to pay for their stupidity and his own smartness

Try to get some sense. Only the courts of the land have the right to determine who is a criminal and who is not. Abaribe did the right thing by standing surety for a man who is yet to be convicted of any crime. Abaribe's job was to produce Kanu in court and Kanu was very visible until the Army decided to take the law into its own hands and raid his home. Since then, Kanu has not been heard from. The onus is now with the Army to tell us what transpired in Kanu's home and they cant do that because they know that to do so would be to admit they broke the law.

Nobody would leave London, come down to Nigeria to spend almost 2 years in Kuje prison and face treason charges all in a bid to make money. Kanu was not starving in London nor was he from a poor family.

Kanu is simply a man who believes his people should be independent of Nigeris same way Zik once thought that Nigeria should be independent of Britain. Some people may not agree with his method but the objective of independence is honourable.

Only a fool would be calling people stupid and illiterate for believing in their right to self determination and independence
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was in public to be seen by all sundry that he is around to be attending to the cases, suddenly, Buhari led Nigeria government sent special military teams and on covert operations to assassinated and massacred unarmed IPOB agitators, palace workers, visitors, and Biafran/south east citizens.

All IPOB demanding is referendum for Biafra republic restoration.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
baysol:

He is terrified.
No he is not. It is Nigeria government that is terrified.
There was no warrant of maxi Nnamdi Kanu's arrest neither was he declared wanted by Buhari and his northern cabals conniving with corrupt south east politicians before invading and massacred innocent, unarmed protesters in Biafraland agitating for referendum.
Re: How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
ihatesycophant:

I never said Nnamdi Kanu is in custody of Army as you referred but I only burst the illusion of Army or security agent not exercising their mandate on the premise that a culprit is under bail.
The Army has claimed Nnamdi Kanu is not with them, the onus now lies on Abaribe to prove beyond the surface that he Nnamdi is with them because the law is clear, whoever alleges most also asserts. The burden of proof lies with him. So, if the case gets to Supreme Court, he still need to prove his case and not rely on hearsay.
If I may advise him, he should just beg Nnamdi Kanu to come out of hiding to save him national embarrassment because this case is dicey for him.
So Nigeria security agencies are now most truthful organisations

You know that you are sentimental with the truths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Speaks On 2019 Elections / David Lyon Declared Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election / Anambra Election: Top 3 Front Liners For APC Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.