Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (43703 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by meforyou1(m): 11:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
Onijagidijagan:

Oba of Bini burial grounds are in Ife up till now..d place is called in "The burial ground of Obas of Bini" more than half of your king including Oranmiyan was buried in Ife.

oba oranmiyan was buried in benin. U reversionist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Ubenedictus(m): 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
automatix:
it is not a lie...this is the first person to break that rule./
not really,his father went out of Bini from time to time, ancient obas went out for wars etc.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Donsammi(m): 12:10am On Nov 23, 2017
obailala:
For a country without a single sound public or private commercial airline, just imagine the number of private jets in the little background? Clear evidence that 99% of the nation's wealth rests in the hands of less than 1% of the population undecided

Broda.

you never strt bro.
Nigeria can never be good again bro.the elites keeps getting richer..

herr in national assembly.. I have seen all types of classic cars and rides of our leaders.. and kids.
bugatti ooh.. Benz etc.

bro. I give hope!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by lagdmark(m): 12:19am On Nov 23, 2017
dictbennie:
I thought they said the Oba doesn't leave his palace?
That was the time they had real Obas. Today all na guy man oba and royalty everywhere.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by lagdmark(m): 12:28am On Nov 23, 2017
MIPNIG:
May the Oba of Benin live long. Anywhere you sleep or step your foot on shall become part of your kingdom because the saying of our forefathers shall never be void, your palace is your chosen place of rest. Your kingdom is anywhere Edo Men and Women are found.
Anywhere,even in italy sef

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by UyiIredia(m): 12:29am On Nov 23, 2017
Well it's a chanji sometin! Fools dont know culture. The Oba of Benin is no prisoner in his palace he can travel but is no junkeeteer like some Oonis who can't keep a woman for a year. Haters can hate. Oba gha to kpere!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 23, 2017
meforyou1:
prove it
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 23, 2017
UyiIredia:
Well it's a chanji sometin! Fools dont know culture. The Oba of Benin is no prisoner in his palace he can travel but is no junkeeteer like some Oonis who can't keep a woman for a year. Haters can hate. Oba gha to kpere!
Edo women, to keep them nor b small whala
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 23, 2017
Alariiwo:

Binis can lay claim to Onitsha not Lagos.

In Lagos, we have Ikorodu, Lagos Island, Badagry, Surulere and more areas like Ikeja, Ayobo etc. added later.
Binis only held one part which was Lagos Island. Times have changed you hear?

Omo igbo go home and master your boundaries, stop acting like a monitoring spirit of Yorubas

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Elfather12: 5:33am On Nov 23, 2017
the present oba will be in England next year so stop criticism

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by IkpuMmadu: 5:41am On Nov 23, 2017
The man don't go Abuja to hutsle....hunger dey reset people brain even Kings
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by IkpuMmadu: 5:42am On Nov 23, 2017
lagdmark:

Anywhere,even in italy sef

Maybe those Italy prostitute of Edo origin are his kingdom
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by IkpuMmadu: 5:52am On Nov 23, 2017
osazsky:
its only done after the coronation of a new oba after then he can't be seen outside. I have forgotten wat dey call it in n binin language

Shut up...the guy go hutsle for Abuja just like the clownish ooni of Ife and the stupid ebonyi state Kings
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by odigbosky(m): 7:28am On Nov 23, 2017
Do the Edos here seem suprised that he is in abuja....No. Instead you are seeing praises and people happy. We Edos know our tradition and we like it or not we will always continue to uphold the crown.

Oba gha tokpere.....Ise!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by ElsonMorali: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2017
OwoLee:
who noticed those two beauty queens

Thought I was the only one who saw them.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by proudlyYoruba(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2017
meforyou1:
attachee by force. Your paternal ancestry is from osogbo. And your maternal ancestry is from ogun state. Learn geography, it will not hurt you
OK, I hear u o
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by proudlyYoruba(m): 7:53am On Nov 23, 2017
meforyou1:
The man who swore not to step ilè ìbínú again. BTW, y'all accepted Oranmiyan as OBA, the heir to the throne of Ife and the first Aláàfin. So why the argument?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Caseless: 8:16am On Nov 23, 2017
Blackfyre:
Omo N' Oba N' Edo Uku akpolokpolo Oba Ewuare II..Oba gha to kpere

Isee!

I like the purple regalia....
I hate the red. But I like this purple.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Caseless: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2017
Oba, please, I need one these girls.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 23, 2017
Caseless:
I hate the red. But I like this purple.

I hate red too...anything red...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Caseless: 9:13am On Nov 23, 2017
Blackfyre:

I hate red too...anything red...
you're just like me.

I think of menstruation, I go down.

I see red paint on ladies' fingers, I get turned off.

I see this one Muslim women wear on their legs and hands, I get really turned off.

I can't eat from any hand with anything red on the nails.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2017
historic visit or what...but I thought culture forbids the Oba of Benin to leave his palace for any reason....hmmm..or I read the wrong historic book.....Joe crack take note....you even follow tell me self...
VAL202
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Danladi7: 9:24am On Nov 23, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Oba Ewarue II is a disgrace!

The binis have just lost what they used to pride in. He is the Rehoboam of Bini Kingdom.

This is what you get when the wrong heir is on the throne!

Sacrilege!

Mumu Oba!

what is the extent of that kingdom self?...how big is it,presently?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Danladi7: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2017
meforyou1:
respect your big brothers. Binis own lagos. 1st oba of lagos was a bini man

just like britain owns Nigeria because the first Governor General was a britain grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by AMOSBID(m): 9:32am On Nov 23, 2017
Only in Nigeria a single person will have 4 private jet. Nigerian buy private jet like they are cars.
obailala:
For a country without a single sound public or private commercial airline, just imagine the number of private jets in the little background? Clear evidence that 99% of the nation's wealth rests in the hands of less than 1% of the population undecided
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Danladi7: 9:37am On Nov 23, 2017
Onijagidijagan:

Oba of Bini burial grounds are in Ife up till now..d place is called in "The burial ground of Obas of Bini" more than half of your king including Oranmiyan was buried in Ife.

The title Oba even came from the yorubas not binis.Bini actually called their Oba own Ogiso

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Ishilove: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2017
Caseless:
you're just like me.

I think of menstruation, I go down.

I see red paint on ladies' fingers, I get turned off.

I see this one Muslim women wear on their legs and hands, I get really turned off.

I can't eat from any hand with anything red on the nails.
You're are very wimpy grin tongue
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Ishilove: 9:54am On Nov 23, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

The binis have just lost what they used to pride in. He is the Rehoboam of Bini Kingdom.

Sacrilege!

Mumu Oba!
You do know that culture evolves, don't you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by JuanDeDios: 10:04am On Nov 23, 2017
Ishilove:

Name 'em
For one thing, there's a huge percentage of Nigerians in poverty. Most Nigerian women are poor. This takes you right out of that and that's huge. So you don't have to work hard to have domestic staff at your beck and call. They lack fredom to go where they like, but there are people who have the freedom to go where they like who don't.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by JuanDeDios: 10:05am On Nov 23, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Sacrilege!

Mumu Oba!
Wrong heir?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 23, 2017
Danladi7:

The title Oba even came from the yorubas not binis.Bini actually called their Oba own Ogiso
Don't mind them jawe, at that time d Ogisos wasn't having equal status with an Oba king...Oranmiyan came and gave them d same Oba settings, rules and coronation with d Yoruba obas.

Other Yoruba words you hear there are:

Omo children
iye. Mother
Ogede banana
Aga chair
Ologbo cat
Oba king
Ororo oil
Agbegi
Agbero
Pele
ni?
sha
jare
Elede pig
Pepeye duck
Amongst other

Don't even ask them to break the words down for you in Yoruba..they won't know it.

when I was there, I saw Bini children singing "Boju Boju eeh, oloro mbo o, E para mo o eeh, se kin shi " a very old Yoruba folklore songs I ask them to translate it to English but they couldn't.
They didn't even know what they were saying are all Yoruba words.

Now, after the Igbo's, is Edo people that hated the Yoruba's d most
i swear. go there you will feel d hate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by meforyou1(m): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2017
Danladi7:

just like britain owns Nigeria because the first Governor General was a britain grin
this terrorist, dont be quotinng me again. Go school u no gree go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) / Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.