Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit (43740 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
AHCB:
Oh come off it men. Ease off a bit, will you. so, free from Esan and Bini are you from?
Oh so you're done throwing a tantrum over being unfollowed?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by AHCB: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
trustyshoess:

Oh so you're done throwing a tantrum over being unfollowed?
lmfao. Take a chill pill, girlie. If I threw a tantrum, believe me you'd know and you'd definitely feel it. grin

Anyway, it's nice knowing you. Cheerio. smiley
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
AHCB:
lmfao. Take a chill pill, girlie. If I threw a tantrum, believe me you'd know and you'd definitely feel it. grin

Anyway, it's nice knowing you. Cheerio. smiley
You're the one getting worked up over a simple question! cheesy
Cheerio
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by lalanice(f): 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
JuanDeDios:

I'm an Edo man, but I'm not a royalist. That's exactly how I would handle it if it happens to me. He won't get her and I will embarrass him. Everyone deserves to have their rights respected. To the oba, his rights; to my daughter, her rights.
issorite sire.

atleast I know some Nigerians who make mouth until shii actually goes down.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by AHCB: 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2017
trustyshoess:

You're the one getting worked up over a simple question! cheesy
Cheerio
Oh yeah. Tell me about it. Seems you want to get back at me for hitting you below the belt. grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by JuanDeDios: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
lalanice:
issorite sire.

atleast I know some Nigerians who make mouth until shii actually goes down.
You don't get it. You think that once someone perceived to be "powerful" encroaches on your right and decides to carry you away you should just fold your arms because this is Nigeria. Ok. Carry go.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
AHCB:
Oh yeah. Tell me about it. Seems you want to get back at me for hitting you below the belt. grin
Well I won't stoop down to your level. What i want is to get you off my back. What's the problem though I wonder. Can't you just leave me alone, ignore my "crappy" posts and bother some other unfortunate person huh?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by lalanice(f): 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
JuanDeDios:

You don't get it. You think that once someone perceived to be "powerful" encroaches on your right and decides to carry you away you should just fold your arms because this is Nigeria. Ok. Carry go.
no... I think you don't get it.

maybe u think they'd send ppl to come and drag the girl from your hand like old times.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by AHCB: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
trustyshoess:

Well I won't stoop down to your level. What i want is to get you off my back. What's the problem though I wonder. Can't you just leave me alone, ignore my "crappy" posts and bother some other unfortunate person huh?
Urg, WTF? Who's talking about level here? undecided

Sorry girlie, I don't do teen drama.

Cheerio.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
AHCB:
Urg, WTF? Who's talking about level here? undecided

Sorry girlie, I don't do teen drama.

Cheerio.
Ok cool smiley
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by JuanDeDios: 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
lalanice:
no... I think you don't get it.

maybe u think they'd send ppl to come and drag the girl from your hand like old times.
They might. What, you think they'd use juju to summon her from America or something?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by TheKingIsHere: 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
laudate:

The person who called you "daft" the other time, was so right!!

You just like to be noticed. Shior

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by laudate: 12:38am On Nov 24, 2017
JuanDeDios:
I'm an Edo man, but I'm not a royalist. That's exactly how I would handle it if it happens to me. He won't get her and I will embarrass him. Everyone deserves to have their rights respected. To the oba, his rights; to my daughter, her rights.
Spoken like a true Edo man...! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by laudate: 12:39am On Nov 24, 2017
meforyou1:
respect your big brothers. Binis own lagos. 1st oba of lagos was a bini man
bright007:
All these bloody afonja are here displaying their frustration .

Because they have no respect for constituted authority and elders, they are busy insulting a king higher in power and authority than their own.
meforyou1:
God bless you my sister. A prominent lagos indigene, Chief Layi Ajayi said it in clear unambiguous terms that lagos belongs to binis. He said it clearly that lagos is not yorubaland. And lagos is not part of south west
Since IPOB-Igbo rascals like you lot, have decided to start carrying Bini-Yoruba matters on your heads..... here take these tablets of panadol for your headaches. If symptoms persist after 3 days, consult a psychiatrist and not a doctor. sad

Alariiwo:
Binis can lay claim to Onitsha not Lagos.

In Lagos, we have Ikorodu, Lagos Island, Badagry, Surulere and more areas like Ikeja, Ayobo etc. added later.
Binis only held one part which was Lagos Island. Times have changed you hear?

Omo igbo go home and master your boundaries, stop acting like a monitoring spirit of Yorubas
I don talk say I no go laugh today, but..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by laudate: 12:51am On Nov 24, 2017
ruffDiamond:
I thought this delusion ended with the flatees...I ve not the faintest idea they ve got peeps who are more delusional than them...hahahaha guy wake up day don break na.
Don't be fooled. It is still the IPOB-Igbo youths that are making the provocative, demeaning comments on this thread, trying to knock the heads of two ethnic groups together....who else?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by meforyou1(m): 2:14am On Nov 24, 2017
laudate:

Since IPOB-Igbo rascals like you lot, have decided to start carrying Bini-Yoruba matters on your heads..... here take these tablets of panadol for your headaches. If symptoms persist after 3 days, consult a psychiatrist and not a doctor. sad

I don talk say I no go laugh today, but..... cheesy
afonja coward. After gani adams the carpentar, it is you the bricklayer that will become the next army commander of the ineffectual yoruba army. The next aare kakanfo of osogboland
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by meforyou1(m): 2:16am On Nov 24, 2017
laudate:

Don't be fooled. It is still the IPOB-Igbo youths that are making the provocative, demeaning comments on this thread, trying to knock the heads of two ethnic groups together....who else?
are igbos binis? Or is the prominent lagos indigine, chief layi that says that lagos belongs to binis, an igboman?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by laudate: 3:32am On Nov 24, 2017
meforyou1:
are igbos binis? Or is the prominent lagos indigine, chief layi that says that lagos belongs to binis, an igboman?
Are you Layi Ajayi-Bembe's megaphone? Did he employ you, to advertise his philosophy? Didn't Zik say that Onitsha was established by a Bini man? Why don't you announce that one loudly too? Let everyone know that Onitsha belongs to the Bini, while Asaba and parts of Nsukka belongs to the Igala!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by laudate: 3:34am On Nov 24, 2017
meforyou1:
meforyou1 is an afonja coward. After gani adams the carpentar, it is you meforyou1 the bricklayer that will become the next army commander of the ineffectual yoruba army. The next aare kakanfo of osogboland

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 24, 2017
meforyou1:
oba oranmiyan was buried in benin. U reversionist

Thanks. Nairaland historian. I believed you reviewed the book written by the late Oba of Benin in 2004.Funny people are on social media.
No serious person ever believed what has been recorded over 800 years ago with physical sites
& proofs to be changed by an history in 2004 without any detail research & proof but only recourse to ancestor for revelation. Oranmiyan staff at Ife would be transferred to Benin. Alaafin of Oyo & Osile of Oke-Ona Egba whose ancestor was Oranmiyan will come to nairaland to read 2017 history an update to the 2004 books written by late Oba of Benin. As for me & other royal blood in Yoruba land we believed in our centuries old history except Ife is no longer first home of IFA oracle in this world & Araba Agbaye (IFA chief priest world wide) will no longer be at Ife.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by akigbemaru: 10:12am On Nov 24, 2017
dukie25:
Seems present Oba is a member of APC, his father was apolitical.
The saying "Oba no dey go transfer" is now just a saying.
This Oba is denigrating and demystifying the revered stool.
Oba Akenzua would be turning in his grave.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
babaolofin:

Thanks. Nairaland historian. I believed you reviewed the book written by the late Oba of Benin in 2004.Funny people are on social media.
No serious person ever believed what has been recorded over 800 years ago with physical sites
& proofs to be changed by an history in 2004 without any detail research & proof but only recourse to ancestor for revelation. Oranmiyan staff at Ife would be transferred to Benin. Alaafin of Oyo & Osile of Oke-Ona Egba whose ancestor was Oranmiyan will come to nairaland to read 2017 history an update to the 2004 books written by late Oba of Benin. As for me & other royal blood in Yoruba land we believed in our centuries old history except Ife is no longer first home of IFA oracle in this world & Araba Agbaye (IFA chief priest world wide) will no longer be at Ife.
"Recorded 800 years ago" ? By whom ? There was no such thing as yoruba 200 years ago ! And your ancestors didn't have a written language !
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
Let us face it nigerians are very dumb. You guys confuse myth with history and like real animals, you lack the ability to distinguish the present from the past. You are also emotional and not logical at all.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
laudate:

Are you Layi Ajayi-Bembe's megaphone? Did he employ you, to advertise his philosophy? Didn't Zik say that Onitsha was established by a Bini man? Why don't you announce that one loudly too? Let everyone know that Onitsha belongs to the Bini, while Asaba and parts of Nsukka belongs to the Igala!
An other example of a citizen of a zoo. First of all, you seem to be unable to understand that Benin Kingdom and Benin city are two different things. Benin City was the capital of Benin Kingdom. The ruler of Benin Kingdom is the Omo n'Oba n'Edo. Lagos was part of Benin Kingdom and so was Onitcha. Claiming that Onitsha belongs to the "Binis" is like claiming that the south of france belongs to the inhabitants of paris.
Instead of understanding that it is the same people whom leave in Benin City, Onitcha and Lagos, you people have described the situation in the stupidest way possible.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
dictbennie:
I thought they said the Oba doesn't leave his palace?
And why exactly wouldn't he leave his palace if he wanted to ?
Also, you should know that the Oba whom "they" were talking about is the father or grand father to the current Oba.
Oba is a title, not a person. Different people have different habits.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
step1:
so oba can leave his palace shocked shocked shocked. too many lies with this edo history
I think you need to learn the meaning of the word "history" ! What exactly has the current Oba of Edo visiting abuja have to do with Edo history ?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Alariiwo:
Bini people and jealousy.

Their Oba don dey jealous Ooni that ascended the throne of his forefathers Oduduwa.

If not for civilization, Binis should be paying homage/tithes to Yorubas as per big brother wey we be to them.
Did your ooni of ife fight a war against the british ?
Oba Ovonramwen did !
Since when does the term "yoruba" exist ? Answer: the word is less than 200 years old.
When was the Benin Kingdom first recorded on a european-made map ? Answer: more than 700 years ago and much of what you now refer to as yorubaland was included in the Benin Kingdom.
Question: who should be paying tribute to whom ?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by laudate: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
historyworld030:
An other example of a citizen of a zoo. First of all, you seem to be unable to understand that Benin Kingdom and Benin city are two different things. Benin City was the capital of Benin Kingdom. The ruler of Benin Kingdom is the Omo n'Oba n'Edo. Lagos was part of Benin Kingdom and so was Onitcha. Claiming that Onitsha belongs to the "Binis" is like claiming that the south of france belongs to the inhabitants of paris.
Instead of understanding that it is the same people whom leave in Benin City, Onitcha and Lagos, you people have described the situation in the stupidest way possible.
If you can call your place of residence a zoo, it means you must be one of the animals living inside it. sad I understand perfectly well the difference between Benin city and the old Benin kingdom. My response was made to the slowpoke who kept singing that Lagos belongs to the Benin people. I merely drew his attention to the fact that the same could be said about Onitsha. sad Now, kindly get the fvck off my mentions, if you don't mind.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 25, 2017
historyworld030:

"Recorded 800 years ago" ? By whom ? There was no such thing as yoruba 200 years ago ! And your ancestors didn't have a written language !

Young boy, only yahoo boys don't bother to carry out deep thinking & intellectual analysis of serious issues. So all your Edo history of 1400 & 1500 are thrash? So your history professor did not teach you that Ife Head which was unearthed 1938 & taken to museum abroad when scrutinized at the museum laboratory was found to be between 1300 or 1400 century. Also Benin work of arts that were taken abroad were to be between 1440 & 1897 during the empire. This shows that there were intellectual properties made by highly intelligent people of those era. Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914 is more than 100yrs and whites have been to Africa decades before that. Where did you get your 200 yrs history of Yoruba non existence or history not recorded. We cannot leave social media for yahoo boys & noise makers alone. We know they bring traffic for blog owners but very few people want knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2017
First of all the amalgamation was in 1914 and not 1908.
You don't have any knowledge about history, you don't even know the meaning of the word.
I am not sure of the dating which you gave of the ife head and it is totally irrelevent.
Nobody knows the people who actually prodused the ife heads. My guess would be the Edos given that they were the only people whose palace was found decorated with advanced Bronz casting.
Also the finding of those heads doesn't imply the existance of the yoruba people in the period in which the heads were made.
After taking a look at precolonial maps, it is easy to notice that nobody was refered to as yoruba around 200 years ago.
You are the "yahoo historian". Besides don't be a fool, you do not know my age. I'm 30.

babaolofin:

Young boy, only yahoo boys don't bother to carry out deep thinking & intellectual analysis of serious issues. So all your Edo history of 1400 & 1500 are thrash? So your history professor did not teach you that Ife Head which was unearthed 1938 & taken to museum abroad when scrutinized at the museum laboratory was found to be between 1300 or 1400 century. Also Benin work of arts that were taken abroad were to be between 1440 & 1897 during the empire. This shows that there were intellectual properties made by highly intelligent people of those era. Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1908 is more than 100yrs and whites have been to Africa decades before that. Where did you get your 200 yrs history of Yoruba non existence or history not recorded. We cannot leave social media for yahoo boys & noise makers alone. We know they bring traffic for blog owners but very few people want knowledge.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2017
historyworld030:
First of all the amalgamation was in 1914 and not 1908.
You don't have any knowledge about history, you don't even know the meaning of the word.
I am not sure of the dating which you gave of the ife head and it is totally irrelevent.
Nobody knows the people which actually prodused the ife heads. My guess would be the Edos given that they were the only people whose palace was found decorated with advanced Bronz casting.
Also the finding of those heads doesn't imply the existance of the yoruba people in the period in which the heads were made.
After taking a look at precolonial maps, it is easy to notice that nobody was refered to as yoruba around 200 years ago.
You are the "yahoo historian". Besides don't be a fool, you do not know my age. I'm 30.

Thanks for noticing the amalgamation date which Jonathan celebrated his centenary anniversary in 2014 it was not intentional, 1908 has a colonial history as well.The message is still constant.1914 is already more than 100 years & whites have been in Africa decades before this. All Africa history points to the fact that Africa has been in existence for centuries before the arrival of colonial masters, so, an elementary school history student knows that Yoruba people or history has been in existence for centuries before the arrival of colonial masters. Your age reveals you. According to you, Ife head was produced and buried in Ife by Benin and the date irrelevent. I don't know the meaning of irrelevent, but I know in history, date is very relevant. Ife head history is in the museum where the original head is kept and at the other museum worldwide where the replica is kept, the estimated date of production is there. You have no problem with the date I gave for Benin work of arts. . Map has no business grouping people according to language or ethnicity except is a national map produced purposely for such identification. We are talking of Ife here, which represents Yoruba people except Ife is not in your Map.

In the nearest future, your rulers or historian will claim IFA migrated to Ife from Benin. IFA feast (Odun'fa) is celebrated wold-wide, with devotee spanning many countries across continents has its root in Ife the ancestral home of IFA.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
That is the problem with you, you are talking about things of which you know nothing.
First of all what is Benin ?
Answer that question before using the word.
It seems to me that you people tend to confuse everything.
You confuse Benin republic with Benin city and also with Benin Kingdom.
You see the Benin kingdom (of which Benin city is the capital) was a vast kingdom.
What tells you that ife wasn't part of it at some point in time ?
You people's fixation on words and total confusion (which is due to your lack of intelligence) is what makes it necessary to speak to you as if you were children. By the way Benin republic, is the former dahomey which renamed itself after the Benin Kingdom (in the 1970s).
Now when saying "Benin" be more specific: Benin City or Benin Kingdom or Benin Republic ?

babaolofin:

Thanks for noticing the amalgamation date which Jonathan celebrated his centenary anniversary in 2014 it was not intentional, 1908 has a colonial history as well. Your age reveals you. Ife head was buried in Ife by Benin. In the nearest future, your ancestor or rulers or historian will claim Ifa migrated to Ife from Benin. I know have learnt something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.