Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State (27050 Views)

Election Results: APC Members Already Celebrating, Storm The Roads With Brooms / Zahra Buhari Complains About The Clinic In Aso Rock That Is In Bad State / Houses And Areas Close To Shoprite Asaba, Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Articul8(m): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
Shoprite shld fix it
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by ziggy1702(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
Go to your dictionary and look up the meaning of "worst" and am sure you'll see a big picture of Okowa staring at you. He's the worst governor in the whole of the country

2 Likes

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by obailala(m): 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
This flyover was just completed less than 2 years ago, yet see what the road already looks like.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by watchindelta(m): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
[/i][s][/s][s][i]DELTA CAN SUFFER FOR GOVERNS[/s]
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by watchindelta(m): 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
WORST GOVERN EVER. IF I NO ENTER I GO DIE tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by gretblue: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
Evestar200:
bad government everywhere ,a contract awarded since last year for expansion with no people on site since the day the contract was awarded.

deltans deserve anything they are getting now because they are too full of tribalism and disunited.

Why won't this happening when government just construct without proper survey and architect.

building a shoprite close to a flyover without space for road expansion.

I just wonder how they are going to construct that thier six lane that they are imaging.

if they are going to pull down the fly over or break the shopping mall because no space for vehicles to pass not to talk of expansion.

I am happy this is coming from an Indigene of Delta state. By now, Delta supposes to be competing with the like of Lagos state but since the Tompolos, Iboris are the chief makers . What do you expect? Devve is the order of the day. Though Lagos has similar roads but Delta is worse.

2 Likes

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Apina(m): 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
majekdom2:
Thats a recently completed road
Completed by who and who was the contractor? see, don't allow me slap u throw the Fone o, the only work they did there was gravel they poured on shoprite side of the overhead bridge and left it that way, which has been washed off by the rain as u can see., which was when they decided to construct that drain that's redundant close to the fence. I live close to that area, stop saying wat u don't know.

2 Likes

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
WotzupNG:
Below are pictures shared by a Facebook user named Chelsea West Hector. The pictures show the deplorable state of roads in the City of Warri, Delta State.

Also shared are pictures showing the road leading to the entrance of Shoprite in Warri.

He wrote:

http://www.purplefeel.com/2017/11/pictures-deplorable-state-roads-shoprite-warri.html

U wan make dey build am b4

I stayed there for over 7months

Warri even delta as a whole is a mess

Ekpan boys......

Infact all warri boys and girls are militant

2 Likes

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by tickertop(m): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
Warri especially,is a big mess. Roads that never got bad are very bad since okowa got in. Refinery road. Efurrun sapele road. Jakpa junction even the traffic light that was functioning before okowa ,its over a year now its been blinking.
They will still say Na buhari cause this one? The elections are coming. They will still vote them in again. Collect the little bribe and suffer for another 4 years. South south and south east sorry oooo. Una never still wan get sense

2 Likes

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by emalekuo(m): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:
Dem no get local government chairman for there ni? undecided

The Governor cannot be everywhere, so, somebody ask the Chairman of that Local Government why the road is like that

Funny enough the local government chairman's office is a stone throw from that roundabout, just disend from the overhead bridge and turn left u in his office.
It's safe to say Delta State is caused

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by 360command: 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nigeria is dirty shaaa! What amazes me is how people filled with pride, brag and shout "I b 9ja for life, we b d giant of Africa".. With our so much pride, there is nothing to show a good sense of decency..
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by 360command: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
emalekuo:

Funny enough the local government chairman's office is a stone throw from that roundabout, just disend from the overhead bridge and turn left u in his office.
It's safe to say Delta State is caused
not Delta alone.. Nigeria is caused.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by gretblue: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
tickertop:
Warri especially,is a big mess. Roads that never got bad are very bad since okowa got in. Refinery road. Efurrun sapele road. Jakpa junction even the traffic light that was functioning before okowa ,its over a year now its been blinking.
They will still say Na buhari cause this one? The elections are coming. They will still vote them in again. Collect the little bribe and suffer for another 4 years. South south and south east sorry oooo. Una never still wan get sense
Even if Okowa does not erect a transformer fence in Delta while in power for 4years, he will still get re -elected either by crook or by rigging. That has been the tradition in Delta State. The case of Delta politics is beyond my understanding.

3 Likes

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by ehikwe22: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
Okowa is trying in terms of roads. I'm in the state now and I'm impressed in what I'm seeing. So many roads are being constructed and rehabilitated and most of these roads have good drainage as well. I observed most of the roads in Asaba don't have drainage and discovered it's from the planning of the city. Same as warri. These cities were not properly planned. And erosion is a big issue in Delta State. There's little money in the state compared to Ibori and Uduaghan tenure. But that's not why he should be owing workers. This is my only problem with Okowa. It's heartless and callous to owe workers no matter the situation. He's just another heartless politician without feelings. Too bad the type of leaders we have in Nigeria. Nb: even Ibori and Uduaghan owed workers despite the huge income flowing into the state during their tenure. Delta was getting highest allocation during their tenure and the Naira had more value as well
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by jen2praise(f): 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
I have asked this same question, if there is a Governor in Delta State? Most of the major roads in warri are death traps. For example, Effurun roundabout, Osubi road, Refinery road, jakpa junction, Ehneren junction. These places are a no go area. Once an oil city, now a shadow of itself. Lord help Deltans and wafarians.

2 Likes

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by cmecproblem(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
"PDP or nothing" that has caused this rubbish, when deltans should have allowed another leader even from a different party to be governor we support PDP or nothing. Lets stop looking at the party but rather the candidate.

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Gkay1(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
that's just the truth. he own community health workers up to 18months.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Bamz(m): 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
Evestar200:
yes Ibori did alot of work during his tenure but the same Ibori is the Problem of Delta State.

he lay a foundation of Delta State that can only suit him. he Has been ruling this the Same Delta State indirectly by imposing leaders on us to cover his track. that's why you see the Governors underperforming because they will have to settle thier godfather ( Ibori).

I remember when Okowa said the IPP power project in Oghara cannot be completed during his tenure because no money and the project needs serious private partnership, only for the Same Okowa to allocate money for that same project few days after saying that because Ibori told him to do so.

just watch and see the handing over of Western Delta university Oghara to State government when the Delsu and the 3 polytechnic and college of education still look like primary school.

Delta will never be great until we lose ourselves from Ibori Family and friends committee.

This may not be far-fetched. Based on money allocated from the center, Delta should be better than Lagos in terms of infrastructure, commerce et al. Being an oil producing state should even turn it into posh state given its size.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by aspirebig: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
The same shoprite that delayed the building and opening of Asaba shoprite.....even the one in Asaba, the flyover there is very weak that only small cars can drive pass.

Go to Abule Egba and see the solid flyover Ambrose arranged... even building another in Agege now.

I was driving past Abule Egba ....I was almost confused. .see roads...

Then come to Delta state ....you will see weak road ....Weak bridge... building of shoprite and these bridges and renovation of some schools mostly taken oven by weeds now as Oga Ifeanyi no send them ...are the achievements of Dr Emmanuel.

Please it is time to send some governors on boarding oooo. ..and learning the act of proper governance. .

See how Peter transformed Anambra before Obiano came...all the roads inisde..Peter tarred them...see the old road from Nkpor going to Awka through Abagana...Nnofia...Amwabia ....even Obiano came and build those solid bridges there in Awka.... Ndi Anambra now have good road network and better security in different parts of the state. See Onitsha is now peaceful. ..

Go to Ogun state and see what Amosi has done...especially in those Abeokuta area....though he abandoned the bridge at Agbado leading to Oke aro to Lambee. ..Ojodu Abiodun...to Berger. ...

I can go on and on
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by soliddust2020: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
ehikwe22:
Okowa is trying in terms of roads. I'm in the state now and I'm impressed in what I'm seeing. So many roads are being constructed and rehabilitated and most of these roads have good drainage as well. I observed most of the roads in Asaba don't have drainage and discovered it's from the planning of the city. Same as warri. These cities were not properly planned. And erosion is a big issue in Delta State. There's little money in the state compared to Ibori and Uduaghan tenure. But that's not why he should be owing workers. This is my only problem with Okowa. It's heartless and callous to owe workers no matter the situation. He's just another heartless politician without feelings. Too bad the type of leaders we have in Nigeria. Nb: even Ibori and Uduaghan owed workers despite the huge income flowing into the state during their tenure. Delta was getting highest allocation during their tenure and the Naira had more value as well

I live in asaba. Can you tell me which roads in asaba you talking about? probably the roads constructed by ibori or uduaghan. Major roads like okpanam is in a mess, how about marian babaginda way and dla roads, so many to mention. Okowa is a big disgrace, a fool and worst thing to ever happen to delta state

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by April4th(m): 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
Okowa is a goat. He keeps taking all the major projects to Anioma, neglecting other regions in the state. After his tenure, if EFCC doesn't arrest him they should go and apologize to Late DSP Alams cos this Okowa is a greater thief compared to the latter.

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Richy4(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
Abagworo:
Shoprite should simply repair the road as corporate social responsibility.

No man that's not their responsibility... They can't be paying tax at the same time repairing roads... The tax the people and organisation were paying, what is it used for?
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Richy4(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
Abagworo:
Shoprite should simply repair the road as corporate social responsibility.

No man... that's not their responsibility... They can't be paying tax at the same time repairing roads... The tax the people and organisation were paying, what is it used for?
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by April4th(m): 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2017
ehikwe22:

Which part of delta state are you from?
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by emsheddy(m): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Apina:
I was about creating a thread on this same issue but seems I have been beaten to it. Those moving from the west to the south south,East and north, go through this same roundabout and vice versa. That overhead bridge is a disaster waiting to happen cos its already beginning to crack, in fact. Warri and its neighbouring towns have some of the dirtiest roads u can ever imagine, no proper drainage or waste disposal. Edwin Clark and his fellow thieves would tomorrow move to Abuja to go and represent their old stupid selves claiming to speak for Deltans because majority of the youths of the state are no different. Delta state is nothing short of a public disgrace putting into consideration how Akwa Ibom which I don't believe generates as much as it does has been developed. I'm a Deltan and I am ashamed of the state of affairs of my state.
Bros I you deserve drink! I visited Akwa Ibom state early this month and came back bewildered with what I saw there. We dey play for this state honestly! Thunder fire Okowa and Uduaghan. Even Ibori, make the thunder totori am because him try small. If we dont break away from this circle of passing the governorship among themselves we won't grow ever! Useless disgraceful state! Okowa was a huge mistake. Unfortunately we will still return the idiot to seat because our mumu never do!
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by ebner70(m): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
I didn't see road, just a river, whr d canoe operators
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by oweniwe(m): 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:

The Governor cannot be everywhere, so, somebody ask the Chairman of that Local Government why the road is like that

Your head is correct... Everybody blame the governor... What is the LG chairman doing?
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Efewestern: 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
Apina:

Completed by who and who was the contractor? see, don't allow me slap u throw the Fone o, the only work they did there was gravel they poured on shoprite side of the overhead bridge and left it that way, which has been washed off by the rain as u can see., which was when they decided to construct that drain that's redundant close to the fence. I live close to that area, stop saying wat u don't know.

what's uvwie local government chairman doing about this, this place is close to the Secretariat, I just passed there this evening and the road was dam bad, had to pass through nigger cat link road.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by buskie13(m): 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:

have you been to warri?

that's warri sapele road right there,wetin local govt chairman go do for there
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Josh44s(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
hisgrace090:
Delta state is in big mess.

The people are not even helping matters, the way the celebrated ibori return is disheartening.

Why does Ibori pained you this much? Is Ibori the one on power? Only Deltans knows what Ibori did for them. Name of governor since 1999 who hasn’t stolen? Ibori’s arrest was political Incase you don’t know. As for We Deltans, we will continue to celebrate him because the demon you know is better than an Angel you don’t know. Even ur self righteous VP right now is quietly looting and your walking corpse of a President is not left out.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by 4toMaStEr(m): 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
Infact ehhhh Okowa na Bad luck to All Deltans

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Grants Emefiele N20m Bail, orders transfer to Ikoyi correctional center / FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada / Osinbajo Attends Lords Chosen Church Crusade (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.