Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State (27053 Views)

Election Results: APC Members Already Celebrating, Storm The Roads With Brooms / Zahra Buhari Complains About The Clinic In Aso Rock That Is In Bad State / Houses And Areas Close To Shoprite Asaba, Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Apina(m): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
Efewestern:

what's uvwie local government chairman doing about this, this place is close to the Secretariat, I just passed there this evening and the road was dam bad, had to pass through bigger cat link road.
The only concern they have is on how to share money, nothing more nothing less. A good number of The youths in the state have readily made themselves political thugs who's concern is to eat the crumbs from the table of the politicians.

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Chukazu: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
and I can see bill boards lettered everywhere, both religious, commercial and political ones.

we prefer to spend money on image laundry , while wallowing in misery; the amount spended on those bill should be enough to tarre that road.

and am sure the state and local government tax authorities will drive through those pot holes to go and collect tax from SHOPRITE?
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by sustained: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
Prosperity for all deltans
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Gloria3389(f): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
abeg no be only that place for warri o... na almost everywhere for warri... after small rain like this, water go don full everywhere.. to commot ur house self na serious wahala.. na so their life be for here.. poor drainage even with good roads at times
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by valinno(m): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hmmm
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
PDP has held delta 16 years bondage
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Warripikin08(m): 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
hisgrace090:
Delta state is in big mess.

The people are not even helping matters, the way the celebrated ibori return is disheartening.
My brother na God go bless you for this truth wen you talk so.The people of delta get reasoning problem

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by elijah24(m): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
my bro that posted this topic God richly bless u , i was around that location on tuesday and u need to see d corruption and bribing taking place under that flyover by men of the NPF and Agberos, as for me ,Delta state does not have a governor so i dont know who is okowa, cos if we do , that place wont be like dat, uduaghan bad, but dis wont happen during his reign,truth is Okowa does not go round to see for himself he is afraid of coming to warri and the greedy PDP members in delta central will not tell him facts on ground, rather oga the state is progressing na dem de tell d mugu all d time cos of peanuts,abeg tell me how to post topics cos what i saw in warri on tuesday was so shocking, is SARS now to run after any car being driven by a young boy cos warri police wan finish person with stop and search oooooooooo, Wetin de happen,if u de delta and u never hear listen now ooo warri don cast via police ooo dem de harrass people base on phones and cars now ooo ,SARS shud be disbanded immediately, they are causing problems everywhere even in rivers state

2 Likes

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Warripikin08(m): 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
Evestar200:
yes Ibori did alot of work during his tenure but the same Ibori is the Problem of Delta State.

he lay a foundation of Delta State that can only suit him. he Has been ruling this the Same Delta State indirectly by imposing leaders on us to cover his track. that's why you see the Governors underperforming because they will have to settle thier godfather ( Ibori).

I remember when Okowa said the IPP power project in Oghara cannot be completed during his tenure because no money and the project needs serious private partnership, only for the Same Okowa to allocate money for that same project few days after saying that because Ibori told him to do so.

just watch and see the handing over of Western Delta university Oghara to State government when the Delsu and the 3 polytechnic and college of education still look like primary school.

Delta will never be great until we lose ourselves from Ibori Family and friends committee.
Delta state people too like e nor concern me,nor b my Business attitude Delta state suppose fine like Dubai if nor be our stupid attitude
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Paulono: 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
WotzupNG:
More

Its unfortunate that Delta State mortgage the future of their children by voting someone without iota of what it takes to govern a state. He is a big failure and a disgrace to call him governor. Nothing works in Delta. As far as I'm concern there is no governor in Delta

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Odioko1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
Please this is UVWIE not WARRI

Shoprite is in uvwie not warri

Abeg owna
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Warripikin08(m): 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Good people of Delta state election is at the corner. Dem go bring bag of rice come your community, bag of salt,kegs of groundnut oil,cassava stem 2 cow,wrapper for old women jus to claim vote this Tim around we should be wise to question them.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by inisleek: 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
Effurun roundabout is in a deep mess infact d whole of warri,what's gov okowa doing,if delta government can't do any better tin they should @least repair roads...
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by ehikwe22: 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
soliddust2020:

I live in asaba. Can you tell me which roads in asaba you talking about? probably the roads constructed by ibori or uduaghan. Major roads like okpanam is in a mess, how about marian babaginda way and dla roads, so many to mention. Okowa is a big disgrace, a fool and worst thing to ever happen to delta state
many roads have been tarred in Asaba and Asaba is not the only city in the State. I've traveled within the state and I observe lots of roads under construction. That people here are saying Uduaghan did things is strange. Money was flowing during the tenure of Uduaghan but Okowa has constructed more roads within two years than Uduaghan did in 8 years. Uduaghan only built schools that cost average of 10 - 20 millions and that's within the last year of his tenure. Okowa has built such calibers of school as well. I can post list of up to 200 roads constructed by Okowa within the last two years and up to 50 of them are major roads and the rest inner roads. Okpanam road and those other roads you listed are a very big shame but why was the previous government not able to do that road? I think the problem with that road is flooding and erosion and renovating that road is going to be a lot of work because it will require drainage and underground drainage. Poor city planning.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Tompee2: 11:22pm On Nov 23, 2017
Please ehen, just imagine if the entrance of Warri as a village is like this, then make we nor try to talk about how inside warri look like.
No ROADS AT ALL.

them need to sell Delta State to take buy sand fill the whole city road.

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Evestar200(f): 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
ehikwe22:
many roads have been tarred in Asaba and Asaba is not the only city in the State. I've traveled within the state and I observe lots of roads under construction. That people here are saying Uduaghan did things is strange. Money was flowing during the tenure of Uduaghan but Okowa has constructed more roads within two years than Uduaghan did in 8 years. Uduaghan only built schools that cost average of 10 - 20 millions and that's within the last year of his tenure. Okowa has built such calibers of school as well. I can post list of up to 200 roads constructed by Okowa within the last two years and up to 50 of them are major roads and the rest inner roads. Okpanam road and those other roads you listed are a very big shame but why was the previous government not able to do that road? I think the problem with that road is flooding and erosion and renovating that road is going to be a lot of work because it will require drainage and underground drainage. Poor city planning.
200 Roads? in which State?

abeg create thread and post them we want to see them.

200 roads in Delta State and still state doesn't have any good road.

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by omohayek: 11:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
Abagworo:
Shoprite should simply repair the road as corporate social responsibility.
I can't believe 13 people actually liked this comment! It only goes to show how strong the entitlement mentality is among Nigerians.

FYI, Shoprite's primary responsibility is to its shareholders and employees, not to the general citizenry of any given city or state, and to the extent it has any "social responsibility" at all, it is to abide by all local laws, deal honestly with its customers and workers, and to pay its taxes in full - finish.

Private corporations shouldn't be expected to step in to shoulder the burden of failing governments, as their need to remain profitable in a competitive environment is already more than enough of a challenge. Lumping businesses with "corporate social responsibility" because Delta voters don't want to hold their elected leaders to account is how you end up with a situation in which the same Delta people complain bitterly about companies all decamping to more reasonably run places like Lagos, where they won't have to deal with such nonsense.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Cletus77(m): 11:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
abiolaokenke30:
Damn Nigeria is still backwards....Kenya is much much better. I been to Nairobi in Kenya and u can't find such dirty roads and environment. with all the oil in the country i can't believe this!
Make I hear word
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by soliddust2020: 1:48am On Nov 24, 2017
ehikwe22:
bro i disagree. He tarred a few roads less than 1km or so, then he patched or poured alsphat on already tarred road by previous administration, don't be fooled by those so called smart agenda sign board you see. In ughellli and environs he didn't do any road, obviously warri guys are complaining. Okowa is making uduaghan look like a saint.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Yyeske(m): 5:41am On Nov 24, 2017
hisgrace090:
Delta state is in big mess.

The people are not even helping matters, the way the celebrated ibori return is disheartening.
Don't blame Delta people for hailing Ibori, he stole but worked unlike Uduagha and silly Okowa who don't even know what governance is all about.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Osquarefryo(m): 7:37am On Nov 24, 2017
buskie13:
ibori was the only Governor Delta state had,no one comes close in terms of achievement, Ibori's legacy is what is still sustaining the little we have left, the Direct Labour Agency of Delta state was Ibori's handwork, Uduaghan managed that company a bit till Okowa came to destroy it,salaries has not been paid for 14 months now,under Ibori ,there was massive development
You guys should stop all these rubbish,celebrating ibori is like celebrating mediocrity, thuggery and perpetual. Deltans should wake up to the reality that Ibori is a criminal and remains one for life.....

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Yyeske(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2017
Osquarefryo:
You guys should stop all these rubbish,celebrating ibori is like celebrating mediocrity, thuggery and perpetual. Deltans should wake up to the reality that Ibori is a criminal and remains one for life.....
If you know Delta state during Ibori's time and Delta state of Uduaghan and Okowa, you won't blame Deltans for celebrating that thief.
Do you know how residents of Onitsha flood Asaba every weekend those days, how we go to Asaba and marvel about the streetlights, good roads, security etc?
Not now any longer, it is the reverse now, Deltans need to push out that olodo Okowa out of the government house for real development to start.
They can even elect Ibori again, he will steal but he still works.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by ehikwe22: 9:08am On Nov 24, 2017
soliddust2020:

bro i disagree. He tarred a few roads less than 1km or so, then he patched or poured alsphat on already tarred road by previous administration, don't be fooled by those so called smart agenda sign board you see. In ughellli and environs he didn't do any road, obviously warri guys are complaining. Okowa is making uduaghan look like a saint.
Bro, let's learn to criticize with conscience. Okowa and Uduaghan are not in the same league. Even Ibori owed workers and people complained of lack of infrastructure but you can't compare delta state earnings during Ibori and Uduaghan to what we have now. And Ibori has a hand in the non performance of Okowa and Uduaghan.

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by wink2015(m): 9:56am On Nov 24, 2017
Warri and its environ and all the various towns in Delta state became a dead zone as soon as Ex-governor James Onanefe Ibori left public Office.

His biggest mistakes and undoing is to hand over the governorship position to his brother Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, a corrupt and less experienced person.

Governor James Ibori ignored warning from elder statesman and Ijaw leader, Dr. Edwin Clarke not to hand over power to his brother.

At the end of the day, Delta state is now being controlled by a cabals who have not taken the state forward despite the huge allocation, Delta state is receiving from the federal government.

Governor Uduaghan help to drag down the little progress that was achieved by his brother, James Ibori. The current incumbent governor. Dr Okowa is still following the same bad footstep of Dr Uduaghan.

Governor Okowa talks a lot of theory without any concrete achievement on the ground for the good people of Delta state to see.

Ex-governor James Ibori should take responsibility for the cabals that he imposed to rule the state as soon as he left public office as governor.

Is it not a shame that Delta state is owing workers their monthly salaries, despite being an oil producing states in Nigeria.

The Songhai farm that was set up by Ibori was destroyed during the time of Uduaghan.

Warri, Ughelli, Agharho, Sapele, Abraka, Ogwashuku, Agbor, Kwale, Patani, Burutu, Bomadi, Eku etc can not boost of any meaningful industries to engage the graduate or school leavers.

Because of the Ibori cabals and their corrupt tendencies, gainful employment is difficult to get in Delta state. Graduate and School leavers are seen riding trycycles ( Keke )

James Ibori and Uduaghan created the unfortunate atmosphere of youth restiveness that made Shell and other oil companies to leave Delta state for other state.

The Ibori boys turn Delta state fortune to misfortune. The Ibori cabals are smiling with stolen dollars, and euros hidden in their local and international bank account.

In conclusion, Ex-governor Ibori imposed great set back to Delta state despite the wealth of the states.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/still-south-south-leadership/

1 Like

Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by Kingspin(m): 10:26am On Nov 24, 2017
Nigerians are use to bad situation.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by alaskido(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2017
The only governor who made an impact on Delta State was IBORI. The rest are like dead and fallen dicks. Still they accused IBORI of stealing. Yes he stole but still worked. What about Uduagan and Okowa who stole and did not do any work just like Peter Odili of Rivers State who stole and did no work. God will judge all of them on the D day.
Re: The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State by soliddust2020: 10:51am On Nov 24, 2017
ehikwe22:
Bro, let's learn to criticize with conscience. Okowa and Uduaghan are not in the same league. Even Ibori owed workers and people complained of lack of infrastructure but you can't compare delta state earnings during Ibori and Uduaghan to what we have now. And Ibori has a hand in the non performance of Okowa and Uduaghan.

Bro do you even leave in delta state to begin, can you tell me any major road that okowa has done or any white project. Okowa is playing a very old political game. Make the system difficult, when the pple see little money they all become loyal. we all see the allocation of delta state, its way more than the civil service wage in the state. he has failed to declare internal revenue of the state, he pays a lot of thugs empowered by him from internal revenue of which i know a lot of beneficiaries. What of his numerous SA on youths all. The money used in paying these thugs and Numerous SA will solve a lot of problems like paying local govt workers salaries. By the way hope you not one of those recently recruited to run propaganda for him, because any propaganda from him is dead on arrival.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada / Nigeria Brings Major Dangote Refinery To Life With Own Oil Supply / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.