Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? (22846 Views)

Buhari Refers To Ibrahim Usman Jibrin As ‘Your Highness’ At FEC / PDP Refers Adams Oshiomhole As Factional APC Chairman At Jonathan's Book Launch / EFCC Refers To ICPC As "Introvert" When It Comes To Fighting Corruption - Reacti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by vonxe: 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
reality1010:

Yorubas were used to be called pigs I wonder why others r called pigs whereas it s a birthright to yorubas. I remember d 80s in Lagos.we call them pigs because of their dirty nature.

Sir, tell me the area you are from and I will show you where pigs stay in the area

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by vonxe: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
I dont know what is wrong with nairalanders, we attach what is common to humans irrespective of race to a particular tribe while excluding your own. Crime, infidelity and bad behaviours should be devils work and not limited to a tribe. Have you seen some Europeans houses, you will vomit your intestines if you enter such-extremely dirty- yet we regard Europeans as civilised
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Konquest: 11:16am On Feb 08, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:

Please tell me what's Yoruba here.

The postal code of the area is 312. The towns include Atte, Igarra, Enwan, Aiyegunle, Ugboshi-Afe, Ugboshi-Ele, Ekpesa, Ibillo, Ikiran-Ile, Ikiran oke, Ekor, Somorika, Lampese, Imoga, Ojah, Uneme-Akiosu, Ososo, Akuku, Ojirami-Dam, Imoga, Eshawa, Ojirami-Peteshi, Ojirami-Afe, Dagbala, Makeke, Ekpe, Ekpedo, Bekuma, Okpe, Ogbe, Onumu, Akpama, Anyonron, Ogugu, Ikakumo, Ijaja, Oloma, Uneme-nekua, Ikpesh
^^^^
^^^^
Decades back in the University a friend of mine by
the name Femi Ajakaiye told me that he is from
Edo State and NOT Yoruba. I was a bit surprised
because he had a Yoruba name. This is not strange though
because along the Ondo/Edo border areas... intermariage
has taken place with Yoruba/Edo peoples. Akoko Edos
have their own dialect but speak Yoruba as well.

Onoshe Nwabuikwu who is married to a guy from Abia State
currently writes a column "AIRTIME PLUS" for Sunday Punch is
She's an indigene of Lampese in Akoko
Edo in Edo State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by UyiIredia(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2018
Our Makeke brodas we greet you. The truth is, Edos have a long history with Yorubas in Ondo state esp those in the Ilaje area.

So over time many Edos migrate d there in times of unrest in the kingdom. A memorable one was during the war between Prince Arhuanrhuan and Prince Osawe (who would become Oba Esigie) for the title of the Oba of Bini.

We never reason Ika matter sef o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by oodualover: 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
I have said it countless times that we don't share any similarity with Edo's. As far as I am concerned, they are not different from IBO's. I happen to have met some of them and I nitice that they wish us evil. This is why I hate when Yoruba try to associate with them. Who be Edo sef? His many dem be? Na this shithole cause this insult. We no suppose be under same roof if not because of the whites. Anyways, I am glad that awolowo granted them the freewill to leave the west 50 years ago.j
Anyhow anyhow, make every man go answer him papa Na. We no be the same

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Konquest: 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
vonxe:

scholes0 :

Are you saying you know the people of Ibillo, Ikpeshi, Isua, Ogori ,Imeri, Lamkpeshe, Ososo, Etc more than the people themselves?
If you have been through the area, you will know that these people of Northern Edo/North-East Ondo (AKOKO/AKOKO-EDO) are Yoruba,
with some Edo influences.

Each group in Akoko and surrounding areas have their own language, one town can have one language/local dialect, but the general language and predominant culture in the area is Yoruba.

ezanafe :

You are some how right that Aiyegunle which is part of Akoko Edo speaks Yoruba dialect. In other words they still have their own
self-developed and spoken dialect which is different from Yoruba.

Ibillo is part of the greater Akokoland, although politically they are Akoko-Edos. Yoruba culture is predominant in this area and a dialect of Yoruba language is officially spoken in this area. So, it is logical to categorise them as part of the Yoruba commonwealth.

Sir, Ibillo's official spoken language is Ibillo. But truly Yoruba culture is predominant in the area. Thanks.

scholes0:
True, The local dialect spoken in Ibilo town is Ibilo (Okpameri) - but It is gradually fading away to Yoruba influences. Many of the Younger generation cant speak it anymore.
How can we preserve the local dialects of the area?

redoil:

One thing i am very sure of is that the people of akoko edo speaks more than 20 languages and which Yoruba is not part off. The fact that the people of akoko edo have decided to assimilate and associate with Yoruba people, culture, and language for easy access to trade with them does not make akoko edo people more or less originated from Yoruba land.

scholes0:

The people of Akoko Edo are very fragmented, just like the peoples of Akoko proper. Almost every town have different languages and dialects, but speak Yoruba as a general language. And it is not for trading with Yoruba people but rather, trading and relating with themselves..
Between Isua Akoko (Ondo state) and Ogori Magongo (Kogi state) for example, you might come across up to 20 languages and dialects, how else are they supposed to communicate with one another.

Culturallly speaking the area is at the boundary where Yoruba-Edo and Ebira meet, and the people themselves are a mixture of all three, with Yoruba ancestry being dominant.

I asked a friend (who always claim to be a yoruba) who asked his father, the response was:

[b]Akoko-Edo is a nodal area with different languages [/b]but edo culture (not language) is dominant. There is also the presence of some Ebiras. The presence of Yoruba language and culture is due to proximity to akokos and influx of Yoruba businessmen. Although some areas( which was not stated) claim to have their ancestral origin from Ife.

Thanks GuidoVanRossum
I have my own opinion of Akoko-Edos
Bye

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by GuidoVanRossum: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^
^^^^
Decades back in the University a friend of mine by
the name Femi Ajakaiye told me that he is from
Edo State and NOT Yoruba. I was a bit surprised
because he had a yoruba name. This is not strange
because along the Ondo/Edo border areas... intermariage
has taken place with Yoruba/Edo peoples. Akoko Edos
have their own dialect but speak Yoruba as well.

Onoshe Nwabuiku who is married to a guy from Abia State
currently writes a column "AIRTIME PLUS" for Sunday Punch is
She's an indigene of Lampese in Edo State.

You shouldn't be surprise next time you meet an akoko-edo person who have a Yoruba name. It's very common. I have a Yoruba name as well but I use my Jewish name more. For different reasons, people from my area have Yoruba names (some even have Yoruba surname). For me as an example, my dad stayed most of his life in Yoruba land and his first wife was even a Yoruba woman. Hence, all of us have Yoruba names.
But we are as not really Yorubas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by SicilianMafia: 12:17am On Feb 09, 2018
oodualover:
I have said it countless times that we don't share any similarity with Edo's. As far as I am concerned, they are not different from IBO's. I happen to have met some of them and I nitice that they wish us evil. This is why I hate when Yoruba try to associate with them. Who be Edo sef? His many dem be? Na this shithole cause this insult. We no suppose be under same roof if not because of the whites. Anyways, I am glad that awolowo granted them the freewill to leave the west 50 years ago.j

Keep telling your Yoruba ppl until they listen!!

EDO IS EDO!!
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 2:53am On Feb 09, 2018
Awolowo granted Edo nothing at all. Awolowo tried to sabotage the effort of the BenDel people to have their own region.
It was the North and the East who actually supported the BenDel people. Thanks to that a referendum was conducted.
oodualover:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Konquest: 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:

You shouldn't be surprise next time you meet an Akoko-
Edo person who have a Yoruba name. It's very common. I have a Yoruba name as well but I use my Jewish name more. For different reasons, people from my area have Yoruba names (some even have Yoruba surname).

For me as an example, my dad stayed most of his life in Yorubaland and his first wife was even a Yoruba woman. Hence, all of us have Yoruba names.
But we are not really Yorubas.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@GuidoVanRossum

Your response is brilliant!

There are Akoko-Edos that can literally blend
into the rest of Yorubaland and you will
NOT know they are Edoid unless they tell
you like my friend Femi Ajakaiye... grin

It was NOT until my 5th year in the university
that I got to know that my course mate
wasn't Yoruba but Edo. So Yoruba people...and
non-Yoruba
will have to GET used to that FACT and not
be surprised... Just embrace the situation
with love and understanding.

Even in Akure, the quarters of the AKURE Edos
still exists. Some of them that I've met in life
actually bear FULL Yoruba names. But the
family history indicates that they have some
Edo ancestry as well.

People have a right to choose any name
they want as long as those names have
meanings in their lives.

I read a copy of The NEWS magazine in
1999, on the origin of the people of Akoko
area of Ondo State. They come from
multiple origins and speak different dialects
but the then LGA Chairman of Akoko said
they ALL speak the mainstream Yoruba
so that they can understand one another.

That magazine article also indicated that
even nearby villages speak different languages
/dialects because some came from Edo axis,
Kogi axis, and other parts of Yorubaland.

All the best!

PS. Are all Akoko-Edos all of Bini-Edo
origin or ... to put it differently are there
communities that have Igala, Yoruba migrant
indigenes in Akoko-Edo, like Lampese
or something?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by reuben79: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:
It amazes me that almost everyone on here refers to my people as being Yorubas. Is it because of the name "Akoko?".
Please, note that the major languages in Akoko Edo are:
Okpameri
Uneme
Etuno
Ososo
And a very very tiny % of Yorubas.
Akoko-Edo isn't a Yoruba land. Yes, we have Yoruba influence and it shows in our names and all that. But we very different both culturally and in terms of language.mr writer wat is d meaning of akoko in ur language?

I therefore implore you all to stop calling my people Yorubas.

PS: This does not mean we hate the Yoruba people as they are our brothers in the same geographical contraption called Nigeria.

Mind44, Lalasticlala, please help us educate others.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by GuidoVanRossum: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@GuidoVanRossum

Your response is brilliant!

There are Akoko-Edos that can literally blend
into the rest of Yorubaland and you will
NOT know they are Edoid unless they tell
you like my friend Femi Ajakaiye... grin

It was NOT until my 5th year in the university
that I got to know that my course mate
wasn't Yoruba but Edo. So Yoruba people...and
non-Yoruba
will have to GET used to that FACT and not
be surprised... Just embrace the situation
with love and understanding.

Even in Akure, the quarters of the AKURE Edos
still exists. Some of them that I've met in life
actually bear FULL Yoruba names. But the
family history indicates that they have some
Edo ancestry as well.

People have a right to choose any name
they want as long as those names have
meanings in their lives.

I read a copy of The NEWS magazine in
1999, on the origin of the people of Akoko
area of Ondo State. They come from
multiple origins and speak different dialects
but the then LGA Chairman of Akoko said
they ALL speak the mainstream Yoruba
so that they can understand one another.

That magazine article also indicated that
even nearby villages speak different languages
/dialects because some came from Edo axis,
Kogi axis, and other parts of Yorubaland.

All the best!

PS. Are all Akoko-Edos all of Bini-Edo
origin or ... to put it differently are there
communities that have Igala, Yoruba migrant
indigenes in Akoko-Edo, like Lampese
or something?

Thanks for understanding my point.

As for the bold, majority are of Benin origin. We have the ebira (etunos), yorubas (ayanra) and little mix of other ethnicities such as Igala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Konquest: 6:25am On Feb 11, 2018
lx3as:

You simply know nothing!
You binis are very funny and hard learners.

Oba is a Yoruba word which was adopted by Bini for Eweka since he was the son of Oba of Ife ( Omo Oba Oranmiyan), the Ooni. So Bini that used to have Ogisos now gave Obatala, Obalufon, Oba Eledumare - Oba to ba Lori oungbogbo to Yorubas?

You're just a revisionist like your fellow binis with little brain for research but insults and arriving at kangaroo submissions.

Safe yourself the stress and ask a Bini that understands Yoruba language the meaning of Oba in Yoruba. You don't simply deserve reply any more since you people believe 7 local government areas overshadow and wiser than over 177 local government areas. I only pity you when Nigeria will divide and Igbo and Ijaw will subjugate Bini once more; we can only guarantee save passage for Omo Oba ni Edo.

Continue!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by reality1010: 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2018
vonxe:

Sir, tell me the area you are from and I will show you where pigs stay in the area
What is sir for? Yorubas were called pigs in the past in Lagos.I dont know ur age now but the truth is that they were called pigs in the past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Olu317(m): 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:

Thanks for understanding my point.

As for the bold, majority are of Benin origin. We have the ebira (etunos), yorubas (ayanra) and little mix of other ethnicities such as Igala.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by olawalepopoola: 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
Why use Yoruba names when you are not. If you not Yorubas then don't attach yourself to a Yoruba nomenclature.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Obalufon: 2:18pm On May 06, 2018
reality1010:

Yorubas were used to be called pigs I wonder why others r called pigs whereas it s a birthright to yoruba. I remember d 80s in Lagos.we call them pigs because of their dirty nature.

i know you are not edo but nasty retarded ibo boy .. research your history and know your forefathers were roaming around naked in the 50s before awo cloth ed your fathers Akoko ado are from ile-ife so as all edo peoples ....Akoko edo are from ile-ife they are not Yoruba but omo odua that is why they keep their Yoruba names purposely to keep their heritage and culture ..Akoko edo PEOPLE that kept their last names for more than 500yrs of conquest and rule by neighboring tribes and and languages influences and forcefully assimilation despite it all still held to their root and their last name still sound Yoruba ...And you still think they are not from ile-ife or path of Yoruba race .. someone must be sick in the head

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Obalufon: 12:11am On May 07, 2018
[quote author=reuben79 post=64929972][/quote]
i pity you ...
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Obalufon: 12:16am On May 07, 2018
[quote author=reuben79 post=64929972][/quote]

AKOKO IS A BIRD IS NAMED AFTER A WOOD PECKER BIRD ... AKOKO NI WAN TI GBE 'ODO...
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Obalufon: 2:07pm On May 09, 2018
vonxe:
I dont know what is wrong with nairalanders, we attach what is common to humans irrespective of race to a particular tribe while excluding your own. Crime, infidelity and bad behaviours should be devils work and not limited to a tribe. Have you seen some Europeans houses, you will vomit your intestines if you enter such-extremely dirty- yet we regard Europeans as civilised

Don't mind reality1010: jealousy go kill his generation..still yet you no leave southwest

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Obalufon: 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
[quote auth
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by isaacsegun(m): 12:18am On Mar 07, 2019
GuidoVanRossum:

The time the word was coined doesn't matter. A lot of other tribes coined the name that represent their identities one day. Example: at a certain time in the world, there were no entity named English, Isrealis, Asante, etc.
The fact is that, for a man from ekiti, Ijebu, Egun, ondo, oyo, Ijesha and host of others. There is one determinant despite the very strong language disparity known as "Yoruba" and it remain valid in as much as they agree to be under that umbrella.

They are edos because more than 80% of the villages there traced their history to the great Benin empire where Edo has it's origin from.
They are culturally similar to the rest of the Edo nation. They have unification of language and name. (Example is, anywhere you get to in Edo state, the word Ame=water is the same for all irrespective of the language. And there are lots of these kinds of words that I won't mention now.

Now you know. It's certain that the word Edo represent all of us as the Yoruba represent everyone in Yoruba land. And even if it's created yesterday, it still doesn't nullify it's importance and existence.

Good with this.

I'm sorry, I will use Yoruba to elucidate a bit here.
Yoruba is a language
Ekiti has a distinct dialect
Ijebu has a distinct dialect
When an Ijebu man speaks his language in Ilesha, he sure will be totally unintelligible to his host. When an Egun speaks his dialect, an oyo man won't understand come. Despite this, they are under one tribe, Yoruba. So the fact that the person from Ibillo does not understand Ososo doesn't mean they can no longer be regarded as Edos.

Akoko Edos understands one another. There is a defining dialect known as the Okpameri, more than 60% of people from Akoko edo can speak and understand this. Maybe slight differences in the way they pronounce certain words.

To answer this. If you believe okuns from kogi are Yorubas even with a perfectly different language and culture, then, you should know that for this same reason, Akoko-edo are purely Edos.

What are your questions?

you are getting it wrong bro. okun people are yorubas is only their dialect that is slightly differentiating them. concerning the culture, we shared thesame culture with Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by isaacsegun(m): 12:56am On Mar 07, 2019
SicilianMafia:
[s][/s]

Oba Ewaures Coronation Speech

All this The great oba of Benin said in front of your useless ooni of Ife

Inferiority complex is strong in you that you had to result to cheap lies

Hahaha come on get out , you have been disgraced again
for calling ooni of Ife useless, I'm sure you call your father a name worst than that.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Biodun556(m): 1:31am On Mar 07, 2019
willibounce1:
lol...some people are scared of going into extinction? like every human would not go into extinction at the end of the day. See the way he is crying like a baby. if not for low self esteem, some body calls you yoruba and you know you are not, why the crying?
they say you are yoruba, you reply i am not. simple as ABC. which one is crying all over the internet.

There are many places in Yoruba land bearing Akoko so people can easily assumed that they are Yorubas. It is not a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Biodun556(m): 1:53am On Mar 07, 2019
Ihatepork:

Well. And I have told you why some people refer to your people as Yorubas. It won't stop anytime soon unfortunately. And I've told you what you need to do for that to stop. Pass my message to your traditional rulers back home grin cheesy.

People will not stop categorising them as Yorubas as long as they continue to adopt Yoruba names.

Many Ogun people in Badagry do this a lot. Another example is Rotimi Amaechi whose father gave him the name because of the love he had for late Rotimi Williams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Biodun556(m): 2:04am On Mar 07, 2019
It seems I need to repete once again: We Edo do not bear yoruba names.
There are yoruba who bear hausa names.
There are yoruba who bear igbo names.
There are yoruba who bear chinese names.
There are all sorts of people in this world who bear funny names.
It is not a policy of the Edo to bear yoruba names.
I know no Edo who bears yoruba names, eventhough I know some Edo who bear arab names.
The habbit of muslim Edos from Auchi is to bear islamic arabic names, the habbit of christian or non muslim Edo is to bear Edo names and an
Anglicized (often biblical) name.
It is kind of annoying that this single point can't get into you people's heads.
Akoko-Edo are Edo not yoruba, so stop making all your stories up !
I have said it before, instead of trying to tell us Edo what our culture is, ask us about it! for God's sake you can't possibly know us better than we know ourselves, stop thinking upside down !
An other thing which I find annoying with you guys is that any name which is shared by yoruba and Edo is assumed to belong to yoruba.
The word Oba belongs to Edo, it is the title of the Edo king. And that was copied by others (yoruba). The word Benin belongs to the Edo and that was copied by "Benin republic". Edo are not known for copying others, it is the other way around.
Even the bids which the yoruba chiefs are now wearing: that is also Edo culture. It is those same bids you see in every nigerian native marriage nowadays. Edos don't copy, we have a rich culture which others copy.

This guy is funny.

Edo do not bear Yoruba names.
You know some Edo who bear Yoruba names.
Benin Republic copy your name.
Yoruba people copy your bead

Na wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by orisa37: 7:40am On Mar 07, 2019
989900:
And the 'Akoko Ondos', what are they? undecided

Akondos. Or Okondos.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by orisa37: 8:04am On Mar 07, 2019
jetbomber17:
Akoko Edo Akoko Ikare Akoko Akungba

Akedo Akare Akungba
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by orisa37: 8:09am On Mar 07, 2019
ModsWillKillNL:

Aiyegunle is Yoruba
Ile is Yoruba
Oke is Yoruba
Ikakumo (some parts are in Ondo) is Yoruba
Anyonron is Yoruba
A number of the towns you posted used to be in Ondo state.

Ibilo is Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by PFRB: 8:56am On Mar 07, 2019
SpComedy:
What concerns yoruba with the Edo (which is Niger Delta) yoruba are land grabbers

Edo is not Niger delta
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by OgboAto: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2019
DarkLover:
I have lot to contribute here but my laptop is bad. Too lazy to type for long on phone.

Many misrepresentations, tweaked facts and few truth here.

like someone had rightly pointed, cultural names play a lot in identification, with my Yoruba name I could obtain indigeneship from Lagos or any southwestern states, during my stay in ondo state I met few people from akoko edo who speak Yoruba and bear the name, that's why many people refers to them as Yoruba without them refuting it.

Do not deceive yourself sir, every LG in S/W has a log of family compounds [Agbo Ile] of early settlers of every hamlet under it [LG] as well as a list of the lineages under each family compound [Agbo Ile].

This is among every other layers of insulation to LG declaration acquisition - the last of which is to collect a letter from your Baale.

Even Yoruba people can not claim citizenship of towns that are not theirs maternally or paternally. And in fact, the ancestry of one's father or mother are often considered by family compouds along the lines of the history of the father or mother's town; the inter-group relations between the parents' towns [for instance towns that have been at each others' necks fighting wars]; and if any of the parents are non-Yoruba see Akeredolu for instance & people that married outside Yorubaland]

This is not to say LG officials won't grant you indigeneship if you can part with good money but then, all of these factors & more play solid roles in indigeneship acquisition from LG & legitimacy from the family compound.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed Abubakar Congratulates Bala Mohammed, Governor-Elect Of Bauchi / Suspected Fulani Herdsman Kills 26-year-old Man In Rivers State / Akwa Ibom To Import 2000 Cows From Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.