Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Fears Mount Over Aganga - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fears Mount Over Aganga (4811 Views)

GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts / Photos Of President Jonathan Praying At Mount Carmel on Sunday / Concerns Mount Over Unremitted $50bn, Crude Oil Swaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by nethacker(m): 1:40am On Mar 29, 2010
dayokanu:

So all your epistle is because you want Koro Obanikoro ko Mushin ni.

WHo wants that thug representing Lagos state?
Thank u jare dayokanu, Dat koro guy grin grin grin wetin consign agbero with overload? hw can u give the work of a structural engineer to a carpenter? angry angry Koro is in no way qualified to hold any ministerial position. Ambassador to ghana grin grin grin grin well to better his life sha.
I think its high time these foolish pdp politicians stopped being foolish.If we have some1 frm a different state dat can make things ryt,y cant we jst allow them? It doesnt matter if his forefathers aren't frm lag. I think if u r born in lag n resides in lag for 15yrs or more,that qualifies u to be a citizen of the state,
wats wrong with these money-thirsty hidiots angry they want fame without hardwork angry
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 1:54am On Mar 29, 2010
dayokanu:

So all your epistle is because you want Koro Obanikoro ko Mushin ni.

WHo wants that thug representing Lagos state?

Even people who have no real stake in the matter will come and blab. Mr. Kanu, or whatever your name is, concentrate on the affairs of your state, wherever that is. Only a non-Lagosian would refer to a Senator and Ambassador of Nigeria from Lagos State, a son of Lagos of whom we are quite proud, in such a derogatory manner. You are aware of course that your IP is logged, and you can be traced through it? You make libellous/slanderous statements like that in public at your legal peril.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by sjeezy8: 2:29am On Mar 29, 2010
this is probably a lie by pdp members cause another aganga-williams(pdp) ran for govenor of Lagos state in 2007 and I think they are of the same family.

It seems they are saying this now because this aganga isnt in PDP Lagos.

aganga is a name yorubas have so i doubt hes edo- though both are related

If they should question agangas origin they shoud have also questioned former minister PDP Demola Seriki because Serikis are actually from Kwara/Oyo. Though his mother is A Lagosian.

The same clown obanikoro is the guy who nominated Demola seriki in 2007 and we know that Demola seriki isnt a real lagosian by his father- he has never mentioned his father in any interview that i read and I think he didnt grow up with him.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by mbulela: 2:44am On Mar 29, 2010
felele:

Even people who have no real stake in the matter will come and blab. Mr. Kanu, or whatever your name is, concentrate on the affairs of your state, wherever that is. Only a non-Lagosian would refer to a Senator and Ambassador of Nigeria from Lagos State, a son of Lagos of whom we are quite proud, in such a derogatory manner. You are aware of course that your IP is logged, and you can be traced through it? You make libellous/slanderous statements like that in public at your legal peril.
Dude, take a chill pill and while at it, get a life.
You are threatening someone on a forum?Are you kidding me?
If you and Koro are interested and have so much free time on your hands,let me know and i will give you an address where to forward the court summons.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 2:51am On Mar 29, 2010
From the constitution, Part IV - Interpretation, Citation and commencement

318(1) "belong to" or its grammatical expression when used with reference to a person in a state refers to a person either or whose parents or any of whose grand parents was a member of a community indigenous to that state;
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by mbulela: 2:54am On Mar 29, 2010
felele:

Most REAL Lagosians like the idea of having someone of Aganga's impeccable stature ([size=16pt]one out of 1500 "Managing Directors" at Goldman Sachs[/b][/size]) on Jonathan's cabinet. However, we would be happier if he could go from his home state of Edo.

Why should Lagos have to suffer because Edo State wants to have more than the alloted number of ministerial appointees?

Would it be fair if a Lagosian who just happened to have been born and brought up in Benin by his Yoruba parents were appointed as an Edo state nominee, thereby making it impossible for at least one real indigene of Edo State to take up a space in the nations affairs commensurate with his skill and experience

At any rate, the Constitution, no less, stipulates that ministers must be indigenes of all states of the Federation. I don't really think I like the idea of having someone from Edo state representing my state, and by extension, my interests at the national level.

All this balderash about Lagos State being a no man's land is just that, pure bunkum. I am an indigenous Lagosian and I DEEPLY resent settlers who try to claim my state as their own, and in so doing, deprive myself and my brethren of opportunities which rightly belong to us. We certainly cannot go to their states to claim the same. Why should we be the ones making the sacrifices?

We are quite well educated and high achievers in Lagos, and we really resent slightly less competent outsiders being brought in to take our birthright.

The powers that be should just move this guy to Edo State's slot, where he rightfully belongs, and appoint Musiliu Obanikoro, the current performing Nigerian High Commissioner in Ghana to the Lagos State slot. Nobody can argue that Koro has not given a splendid account of himself in that position.

Enough is Enough!!!

Enough is enough with this romance with mediocrity.
What do you mean by current performing High commissioner?
How did you measure his performance and come up with the bolded parts of your posts.
Guy enough is enough with all these backward tendencies of ours.

Instead of scrapping section 147(3) of the constitution, the hideous looters at the NASS are busy removing the limitation on convicted criminals contesting elections.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Alxmyr(m): 3:31am On Mar 29, 2010
Another constitutional crisis. Who is an indigene of a state?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by olaolabiy: 3:47am On Mar 29, 2010
felele,
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
o ga o.haba
an average nigerian is --------------
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 3:50am On Mar 29, 2010
So what is the story on Chris Ogwiewenyi that his the Edo state 'candidate'. Which portfolio is he billed for and what is profile like?
Anyone familiar with the guy?

I think another state like Ogun, Anambra, Sokoto or Katsina (all having two nominees), could drop one of theirs to provide an opening.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by connkg(m): 4:06am On Mar 29, 2010
If he will not be appointed Minister of Finance or something as relevant, should he be appointed at all?
Isn't that as important?
Legally, where is his father from? Ties to Edo State remain ancillary.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2010
mbulela:

Enough is enough with this romance with mediocrity.
What do you mean by current performing High commissioner?
How did you measure his performance and come up with the bolded parts of your posts.
Guy enough is enough with all these backward tendencies of ours.

Instead of scrapping section 147(3) of the constitution, the hideous looters at the NASS are busy removing the limitation on convicted criminals contesting elections.

Mbulela, I have time for guys like you, because you generally tend to reason out your arguments properly and tend not to fly in the face of facts, and here are some for you:

While it is true that we have had filial relations with Ghana over the last few decades, it is also true that it has usually being a relationship hinged on need. Natives of each country have migrated en-masse to the other looking for greener pastures, Nigerians to Ghana in the 60s and Ghanaians to Nigeria in the 80s. These migratory patterns have resulted in tit-for-tat expulsions, the most recent being the Shagari expulsions of the 80's, which produced the infamous moniker for a luggage item - "Ghana must go".

Today, in large part due to the positive, if unconventional engagement efforts of Musiliu Obanikoro, we now enjoy a symbiotic relationship, where Ghana plays host to thousand of Nigerian businesses and hundreds of thousands of Nigerian tourists. We are a grudgingly respected player in their economy, and our boys employ thousands of Ghanaians in their various businesses, the least of which are not Glomobile and GTB.

Whether Obanikoro fits our contemporary definition of a refined career ambassador or not, he has achieved results for us in a country where we were regarded with the kind of suspicion reserved for 419ers and ne'er do wells. The Ghanaian public perception of Nigerians has changed considerably, from a nation of fraudsters to a nation of investors. Koro engaged ACTIVELY with the Ghanaian government in a way no previous High Commissioner to Ghana has done, and it is to his credit that Nigerian/Ghanaian relations are at an all time high.

Musiliu Obanikoro deserves a shot at a ministerial position on the basis of his achievements in diplomacy, a field in which he was basically thrown in at the deep end, with no prior training or experience.

Mbulela, I need you to look at this matter dispassionately, and you'll see that the Musiliu Obanikoro that fought for the rights of Nigerian businessmen in Ghana will probably fight as passionately for the rights of his countrymen in their own country.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 9:13am On Mar 29, 2010
felele:

Mbulela, I have time for guys like you, because you generally tend to reason out your arguments properly and tend not to fly in the face of facts, and here are some for you:

While it is true that we have had filial relations with Ghana over the last few decades, it is also true that it has usually being a relationship hinged on need. Natives of each country have migrated en-masse to the other looking for greener pastures, Nigerians to Ghana in the 60s and Ghanaians to Nigeria in the 80s. These migratory patterns have resulted in bosom-for-tat expulsions, the most recent being the Shagari expulsions of the 80's, which produced the infamous moniker for a luggage item - "Ghana must go".

Today, in large part due to the positive, if unconventional engagement efforts of Musiliu Obanikoro, we now enjoy a symbiotic relationship, where Ghana plays host to thousand of Nigerian businesses and hundreds of thousands of Nigerian tourists. We are a grudgingly respected player in their economy, and our boys employ thousands of Ghanaians in their various businesses, the least of which are not Glomobile and GTB.

Whether Obanikoro fits our contemporary definition of a refined career ambassador or not, he has achieved results for us in a country where we were regarded with the kind of suspicion reserved for 419ers and ne'er do wells. The Ghanaian public perception of Nigerians has changed considerably, from a nation of fraudsters to a nation of investors. Koro engaged ACTIVELY with the Ghanaian government in a way no previous High Commissioner to Ghana has done, and it is to his credit that Nigerian/Ghanaian relations are at an all time high.

Musiliu Obanikoro deserves a shot at a ministerial position on the basis of his achievements in diplomacy, a field in which he was basically thrown in at the deep end, with no prior training or experience.

Mbulela, I need you to look at this matter dispassionately, and you'll see that the Musiliu Obanikoro that fought for the rights of Nigerian businessmen in Ghana will probably fight as passionately for the rights of his countrymen in their own country.
So being a good ambassador makes him a credible candidate for a ministerial job of which ministry? and to what end - diplomacy in the ministry? undecided
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2010
What qualified the last minister of Finance for his position in your opinion Is it better to have driven individuals in charge, than have "qualified" individuals with no drive of any sort

I think our experience with the likes of Kema Chikwe in the Ministry of Transport, El-Rufai at BPE, the late Mahmud Waziri at NIPOST and countless other "unqualified" individuals will let me fall on the side of driven and self-motivated individuals.

My own experience as an employer of Labour suggests to me that you need only a basic education, to degree level if possible, even a good O Level education, and BAGS of drive, ambition, honesty and self-motivation are all you need to succeed in most ministerial type positions.

After all, we had Aondoakaa, didn't we??
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 9:49am On Mar 29, 2010
felele:

What qualified the last minister of Finance for his position in your opinion Is it better to have driven individuals in charge, than have "qualified" individuals with no drive of any sort

I think our experience with the likes of Kema Chikwe in the Ministry of Transport, El-Rufai at BPE, the late Mahmud Waziri at NIPOST and countless other "unqualified" individuals will let me fall on the side of driven and self-motivated individuals.

My own experience as an employer of Labour suggests to me that you need only a basic education, to degree level if possible, even a good O Level education, and BAGS of drive, ambition, honesty and self-motivation are all you need to succeed in most ministerial type positions.

After all, we had Aondoakaa, didn't we??
When someone is unqualified, the question of incompetence becomes rhetoric and moot. Your drive is only for hiding the shortcomings from putting a square peg in a round hole, and why some sectors like power are moribund. What next? that we employ a medical doctor as the minister of finance because he has drive? undecided
Also, you cannot use the mistakes of the past to justify repeating same. Someone has to be adequately qualified for his job for him to deliver the goods.
You cannot make a case that someone deserves to be a minister without any reference to a specific portfolio, (unless you are claiming the guy is capable of doing everything  undecided)
Pick a ministry that you think koro is one of the best candidates for, and then make your case, and not some nonsense that he deserves to be a minister because he has drive . Abi na danfo driver we dey find? undecided
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by afemai: 11:59am On Mar 29, 2010
I dont care where he comes from, we need not hassle ourselves
over such petty issues; all I know is that most of the nominees,
the nominator and screening assembly members are no solutions
to our survival as a nation.We need to have a proper and genuine
electoral reforms to have the deserved change where peoples vote
will count not the concotion emanating from the national assembly.
We need to work towards having a less attractive political system
hence the craze to recoup and over recoup while in office will be a
thing of the past.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by sjeezy8: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2010
ogun state has two

and they should drop one.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by kuramo: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2010
For anyone to attempt disparaging the success of Mr Segun Aganga by describing him as ''ONLY ONE OF 1500 MANAGING DIRECTORS AT GOLDMINE SACHS'' shows the lack of exposure of that individual.

Only a narrow minded and ill educated bigot would even suggest that a well qualified technocrat like Mr Aganga who was born and bred in Lagos should represent the birthplace of his parents instead of Lagos.

I am getting fed up with these so called Lagos indigenes who scrounge off the hard work of all Lagos citizens and residents whose ethnic origin may be Yoruba, Igbo , Bini or even Hausa.

The time has come to stop this nonsense.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2010
kuramo:

For anyone to attempt disparaging the success of Mr Segun Aganga by describing him as ''ONLY ONE OF 1500 MANAGING DIRECTORS AT GOLDMINE SACHS'' shows the lack of exposure of that individual.
Is he not one of several hundreds of MDs at GS? undecided
can you not also be accused of trying to exaggerate Aganga's success? undecided

Only a narrow minded and ill educated bigot would even suggest that a well qualified technocrat like Mr Aganga who was born and bred in Lagos should represent the birthplace of his parents instead of Lagos.
so people are indigenes of states where they are born?  e.g. an Hausa man should represent abia simply because he was born in the state?

I am getting fed up with these so called Lagos indegenes who scrounge off the hard work of all Lagos citizens and residents whose ethnic origin may be Yoruba, Igbo , Bini or even Hausa.

If it is not applicable to other states, then why try to impose it on Lagos?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by kuramo: 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2010
You obviously don't understand the world of International finance if you have to question the success of a Goldman Sachs Managing Director.

For your information the position is not doled out based on ethnicity, religion , skin colour or state of origin for that matter.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2010
kuramo:

I am getting fed up with these so called Lagos indegenes who scrounge off the hard work of all Lagos citizens and residents whose ethnic origin may be Yoruba, Igbo , Bini or even Hausa.

HOW DARE YOU??!!!!

How dare you presume to refer to me as a bigot How dare you even infer that I tried to in any way disparage the success of Mr. Aganga

Are you really that daft?? My friend, GOOGLE is your friend. Just google Aganga, and the GLARING FACT that I so helpfully provided to your ignorant likes will spring out of your screen and slap your stupidity out of you.

HE IS JUST ONE OUT OF 15OO GOLDMAN SACHS MANAGING DIRECTORS WORLDWIDE. CONTRADICT THAT FACT IF YOU CAN, YOU NUMPTY!!!

Now, as to the issue of indigenes of Lagos who "scrounge off" the hard work of who? Are you really this retarded, or you can't read the bloody constitution, which most of the public officers who are in power now swore to uphold Were they blind and as stupid and retarded as you when they were making that oath

My friend, Eko o ni gba igba ku'gba mo!!!!

Lagosians are the most hardworking people in the country. If they were not, the Portuguese, and the British after them, and the rest of the Nigeria after them would not come here to initially trade, then live and work here, with the hope of someday (this applies to fellow Nigerians) achieving their lives' dreams. Why did the British not keep their capital in Port Harcourt, another city with the same natural endowments as Lagos?? Or Calabar for that matter Why Lagos??

I'll tell you why, you sorry excuse for a Lagosian, its enterprise, stupid. Enterprise. The first indigenous industrialist in Nigeria was an indigene of Lagos. The first Nigerian lawyer was a Lagosian. The first Architect in Nigeria is an indigene of Lagos State, the first female to bag a master's degree in Law is an indigene of Lagos State, the first indigenously owned INDUSTRY in Nigeria was sited in LAGOS STATE AND OWNED BY A LAGOSIAN. The first trunk A road in Nigeria was built in Lagos by Lagosians and their Ijebu cousins. Should I stop, or carry on And if you can, do try to contradict these facts and try not to lose your last few brain cells while you're attempting it.

My friend, whether you like it or not, Lagos State has indigenes, and your likes will be rooted out by affirmative actions we're going to begin taking very shortly. Some of y'all have actually overstayed your welcome. We allowed you lot to join us, now you're telling us to leave our own town for you? Forget it mate. It's all come to a grinding halt. No non-Lagosian will be allowed to hold political office in Lagos from now on, because none of you will allow us that priviledge in your states. Just BE F.UC.KIN.G HONEST FOR ONCE IN YOUR MISERABLE LIFE ABOUT THAT, YOU INGRATE!!!
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
kuramo:

You obviously don't understand the world of International finance if you have to question the success of a Goldman Sachs Managing Director.

For your information the position is not doled out based on ethnicity, religion , skin colour or state of origin for that matter.
To the ant on a table, the world is flat.
Your opinion of the level of success/achievement that should be associated with being an MD at GS (or any other 'accomplishments)' depends on your perspective and/or standards.
You can not dispute the fact that Aganga is just one of several hundreds MDs at GS. How much of an accomplishment that is, is a subjective issue.
So while you feel someone is trying to belittle Aganga, one can also argue that you are trying to exaggerate his accomplishments. It is nether here nor there.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by SEFAGO(m): 6:38pm On Mar 29, 2010
HE IS JUST ONE OUT OF 15OO GOLDMAN SACHS MANAGING DIRECTORS WORLDWIDE. CONTRADICT THAT FACT IF YOU CAN, YOU NUMPTY!!!

LOL, you should try and get a job at Goldman Sachs lets see if they would offer you an entry level position. Being a managing director is really hard.

However, its also not a superworthy achievement maybe except for someone who is black- its probably rare to find an minority in the top echelons of GS and most of them have phenomenal records.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by llcoolg05: 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
I am proud to see our people are taking this issue pretty seriously because it does have serious implications. ONE thing stands out in this discussion so far., and that is the fact that Mr. AGANGA has good credentials and has also achieved renowned success at Goldman Sachs. This is a fact, and no one can question that.

NOW another fact is that he is NOT Lagosian

SO, my question is. Why are we trying to make excuses for his appointment? It is a very simple matter to me, if Aganga if Lagosian, then by all means let him take a bow and go. but if he is not lagosian, AM SORRY, then HE JUST AINT QUALIFIED!

Point blank!
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, you should try and get a job at Goldman Sachs lets see if they would offer you an entry level position. Being a managing director is really hard.

However, its also not a superworthy achievement maybe except for someone who is black- its probably rare to find an minority in the top echelons of GS and most of them have phenomenal records.

Actually, some of us do not NEED the approval of massa at Goldman Sachs or wherever else to validate our existence or our success, financial and otherwise for that matter. For your information, the likes of Aganga and his 1499 co-Managing Directors will be privileged to achieve what some of us have achieved in life with probably half the education and opportunities they have had in life.

If you need a job at Goldman Sachs to validate your excellence, please, feel free to apply for a job there.

Thank God for free enterprise. Some people just have to suck up, don't they
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by adicel: 7:35pm On Mar 29, 2010
Hi. Please visit : http://www.crestinabsolut.webs.com

thank you wink
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by SEFAGO(m): 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2010
felele:

Actually, some of us do not NEED the approval of massa at Goldman Sachs or wherever else to validate our existence or our success, financial and otherwise for that matter. For your information, the likes of Aganga and his 1499 co-Managing Directors will be privileged to achieve what some of us have achieved in life with probably half the education and opportunities they have had in life.

If you need a job at Goldman Sachs to validate your excellence, please, feel free to apply for a job there.

Thank God for free enterprise. Some people just have to suck up, don't they

If Massa is paying you $300,000+ per annum before bonuses then who cares grin? Be misyarning there, you earn that type of salaray? And you are spending time on NL- thank God for anonymity. He has over 15 year of experience as an acoountant in Ernst & Young which is also noteworthy. There is nothing wrong with working for people- I hear this a lot on NL people claiming they are going to start a business/started a business and disparaging those who work for companies.

mind you, it is likely that Aganga sits/ or in the future would sit on top of the board of directors of several major companies. Be enterprising with garri there, instead of thinking how your salary would clock close to 500,000 dollars like Aganga
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by TewMuch: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
I am sorry, but if he is not an indigene then he should not hold the position. He can be appointed some where else, but he should not represent Lagos . The real Lagosians know the original families, and can trace their roots back to a family name and compound. As other states do the same and expect the same, why should Lagos be different? He can be a good fit for another position, as i like his credentials. I support a Lagosian representing Lagos state. They cant let other indigenes be hijacking what is theirs. They already cope with them in their state competing for everything, so its only fair. If they dont like it, they can go to their states and contest.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Arysexy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2010
Enof Noise making!
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 11:16pm On Mar 29, 2010
SEFAGO:

If Massa is paying you $300,000+ per annum before bonuses then who cares grin? Be misyarning there, you earn that type of salaray? And you are spending time on NL- thank God for anonymity. He has over 15 year of experience as an acoountant in Ernst & Young which is also noteworthy. There is nothing wrong with working for people- I hear this a lot on NL people claiming they are going to start a business/started a business and disparaging those who work for companies.

mind you, it is likely that Aganga sits/ or in the future would sit on top of the board of directors of several major companies. Be enterprising with garri there, instead of thinking how your salary would clock close to 500,000 dollars like Aganga

Salary Moi? You're way out of your league, boy, I pay my staff more than that, and that's the ones here in Lagos.

No wonder!!! I've been discussing with an employee. A non-indigene of Lagos,

Is that all Aganga earns at Goldman Sachs?? Just $0.5 million? Chai!! We don suffer for Lagos!!!

My friend, go and sit in that corner over there. Bigger boys are talking here. Lagosians are talking. Yeye dey smell.

In fact, you have just messed my day up, by revealing to me that I've been wasting my time yarning with someone who is still an EMPLOYEE, whose wildest dreams consist of earning a $500,000 salary. Na wa o!

Aganga is most definitely not a Lagosian and should not take our slot. Let them appoint him from your state, if you're so enamoured of his measly $500,000 salary. Nonsense!!!

L
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Omolulu(m): 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2010
If he's good enough he will be appointed, most people are just burning energy on their PC, besides where are all the other sons of lagos? why dem no call them come do minister? abi dem no dey?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by mekusxxx: 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
There are tons of indigenous Edos with Yoruba names. This Aganga is definitely an Edo. Those ngbatis here claiming him by all means are doing so because he seems to be super-qualified and Yoruba people like to claim everything good. The man should be made a minister with no state attached, if they really want him. Period.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 12:19am On Mar 30, 2010
mekusxxx:

There are tons of indigenous Edos with Yoruba names. This Aganga is definitely an Edo. Those ngbatis here claiming him by all means are doing so because he seems to be super-qualified and Yoruba people like to claim everything good. The man should be made a minister with no state attached, if they really want him. Period.
and who are the ngbatis 'claiming him'? undecided
Wasnt the core issue raised was that he is from Edo?

BTW there is nothing 'super-qualified' about Aganga. He is not even an economist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should State Of Residence Replace State Of Origin In The Constitution / FG Will Take Boko-haram Cease-fire Seriously After 30 Days / Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.