Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,719 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (69002 Views)

D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by InvertedHammer: 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
\
God will not forgive me if I neglect a neighbour or stranger in need and instead give the money to a smooth-talking, non-bible reading, jet-flying, snake oil saleman masquerading as a pastor.

In this era of videoconference, televangelism and teleconference, pastors do not need private jets to be anywhere. Private jets are more of a status symbol because a lot of times they sit at the hanger collecting dust and eating up parking fees contributed by the poor.

Credit goes to Freeze for creating the awareness and to Buhari for creating the enabling harsh economic environment that resets the brain of gullible Christians.
/

5 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Geesaintagape: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
This msg is meaningless n political.
The truth is tithing is not xtian doctorine.
Anything law ended when Christ died.
Even malachi was emphatically reminding d pple the law
If u receive or pay tithe u are operating under the law n not under grace.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by platinumphotos: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Timiblanko:
All i know is for devourer to be out of your life as the bible as said you must tithe. It is a MUST... God i pray for peaceful atmosphere i don't want to hear more of this issue. Thank you Lord amen.
So are u saying u have better understanding of the bible than Olukoya?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by thunderbabs: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
The only pastor so far to tell it in clear terms....so, u either go with Freeze or the practice wink
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Harrynight(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
Olukoya is speaking the truth but his fellow pastors wont like this truth, hence they will hate him for that....
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by thunderbabs: 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
Geesaintagape:
This msg is meaningless n political.
The truth is tithing is not xtian doctorine.
Anything law ended when Christ died.
Even malachi was emphatically reminding d pple the law
If u receive or pay tithe u are operating under the law n not under grace.

Buh itz nt compulsory na....u decide.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Timiblanko(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
platinumphotos:

So are u saying u have better understanding of the bible than Olukoya?
I see things the way am lead, you also can see it any way as Baba Olukoya have seen it
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by mildflame: 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
Timiblanko:
All i know is for devourer to be out of your life as the bible as said you must tithe. It is a MUST... God i pray for peaceful atmosphere i don't want to hear more of this issue. Thank you Lord amen.

KEEP QUIET! Seek ye first da Kingdom of GOD n ALL THINGS shall be added unto U, wetin be TITHE?

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by brightalo17: 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
An2elect2:
Hehehehe Christians shouldn't tithe at all.

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Then a man came to challenge them with the bible. He won a lot of people over

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

Christians shouldnt tithe we have been freed from the law.

Mr Man which law are you even talking about? in 10 commandments is there anywhere tithing came up which says We must pay tithe.

If tithing is a law what is the punishment of the offenders?

Is not the same God that said who I will bless I will bless ? Did God ever say he will bless us according to our tithes?

God also said seek ye first the kingdom of God and every other things will be added unto you.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by nicemuyoo: 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tithe is agricultural produce under the law . It has never been used for church buildings or buying anything at all for church use. It is for feeding levites widows, orphans etc. And that was under old covenant arrangement.
Money has been used for transactions before Abraham so no twisting of scriptures. The law was in effect while Jesus was alive that was why he commanded the healed leper to go and do rituals with two birds etc at temple. So tithing under law was in full effect write up to his death.
jaykaybaba:
I guess you get it wrong is better to get the complete information before getting broadcasting was the man of GOD did not say. I attended the program and what was said is Tithe is GOD command for prosperity and it you don't want God prosperity you can decide not to pay. Also mention that if you are saying some men of God usually spend your tithe or steal it, He said he is not disputing that but if you decide that you don't want to pay to the house of God then you go and pay your tithe to God himself now if you know his address....So since you don't know the address of God what you need to do is do your part to pay it the his church to command God blessing upon yourself.

Also said that some great men have even grown more than 10% to 25%,and even 90% and you will be wondering how this people are successful just because they know the secret of tithe and giving.......................TO BE CONTINUE

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Dannyko: 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
[/quote]9[quote author=Seun post=62941572]He needs the source. Did you attend the service?
I was in church too.Tithing is not compulsory but necessary only if you want God to open the windows of heaven and give you an outpour of blessings. Nobody forces anyone to pay tithe in MFM.I pay my tithes and I see the goodness of God all the time.I don't lack at all; and I appreciate God for that.Likewise in terms of offering;whether you pay it or not,you get the reward i.e. if you sow sparingly ,you reap sparingly and if you sow bountifully, you reap bountifully.

@felifeli, if you are a member of MFM,I don't expect you to post this on Nairaland ,you know what I mean.Most people will misconstrue what the man of God has said.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by platinumphotos: 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
Timiblanko:
I see things the way am lead, you also can see it any way as Baba Olukoya have seen it
Olukoya said it is not compulsory, now u are saying it is compulsory..
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by mickeymimi: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
Why not learn about the tithe directly from the words of Jesus?

Dear Christians, Doesn't Jesus have a say in our faith? Why not learn about the tithe directly from the words of Jesus? Why are we always quoting the Old Testament to learn about the tithe? Why don't we quote from the New Testament? If we are followers of Jesus, shouldn't we be following what Jesus said about the tithe? After all, He is the Author and Finisher of our Faith. This short study is all about Jesus' teachings on the Tithe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsYdZJi74zc

Dr Abel Damina- The Tithe and Tithing Demystified *YOu can give offering and not tithes*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxe-SM42mb8
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by kerry57: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
The greatest gift God gave to man is the gift of choice, choose Ye this day whom Ye shall serve. God is not even going to force you to serve him,its ur choice to make. The Same applies to giving in as much as God loves it when you give. It's still your choice to give. I believe so much that there are blessings attached to every giving, whether to God or to man. Giving is kool when u do without complaining or murmuring.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by omaojo1: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
goldbim:
Big lie! I was there and what he said was God won't force you to pay tithe but those that are doing it know why they pay it..even some pay 25/50/90 percent tithes!! Please, nobody should misinterprete Dr Olukoyas word!!!

You are the liar here.

He said paying tithe and first fruit offering are not compulsory. He however proceeded to say that if you have faith in God, your faith would naturally hold you to a higher standard in your walk with God that paying tithe would not be your problem.

Please get today's message if you're in doubt.

What do you believe as a Christian? Pay or not pay? Your GO should not determine your stand but the Bible.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by timota(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=Joythah post=62943027][/quote]The early church did practice the giving of 10% but they gave 100%.But as for me i know that the scipturw was given for instruction,for reprove,for profitability and as long as tithing profits me i will continue to pay my tithe
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Realestatepro(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
it's an optional thing.
Nobody can force you against your will
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by BabaAduras: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
Giving and tithing has never been compulsory in Christianity.

But what people are giving should never be debated by people who don't give.

Churches don't live on Tithes alone, infact Tithers are always fewer in numbers compared to other offerings.
Church can survive without Tithes.

You totally missed the point. The point is Churches should not live tithes at all nor do churches make it compulsory for anybody to tithe.

Churches have gone so bad on tithes that they are cursing those that do not bring their tithes to the church. That is purely not biblical.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Rozaytee: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
colossus91:
and I still wonder why thanksgiving is fixed for a first or last Sunday of a month..?.oh maybe salary would have entered..my thought tho grin
boo boo
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by femi4: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Point of correction D.K Olukoya,

It is not tithing is not compulsory but tithing is no more applicable in Christianity.

Its applicable, Jesus didn't frown at it
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Dannyko: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is not tithing is not compulsory but tithing is no more applicable in Christianity.

Who are you to correct Dr. Olukoya? Can you even measure up to his wisdom?Most of your comments on Nairaland makes me laugh...like do people like this still exist?

Honestly, my 4 and half years old girl is more rational than you. You really need to get busy sir!
And let me inform you if you don't know, God cannot be modernised,He is the Ancient of Days.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Talkwell: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
BruncleZuma:
Can we rest already?
Till they return their 10% and seeds they were tricked to sow grin
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by brightalo17: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Nothing is compulsory in this life.

Even impregnating one's wife is not compulsory.

God has given us a free will or the power of choice. Yet, he admonishes us to choose rightly.

Deuteronomy 30:19 says; "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live".

Tithing is not compulsory but it works wonders for everyone who genuinely and faithfully engages in it.

The irony of this tithing drama is that, those who are paying tithes from millions and in millions will continue to give to God heartily and Joyfully, but the ones paying tithes of 10naira, 100naira and 1000 naira are the ones screaming tithing is a scam.

No pastor has ever placed a gun on anybody's head to demand tithe.

Happy Sunday folks!

So you're challenging God who said that he watches the heart of the person giving not the amount right?

Most of you will be disrespecting God's words in other to justify and please your Pastors .

Today you're so blind to What God said but very wise to what your pastors says. Hope on the judgment day tithe will still count? if not then shut up because as Christians What matters most to God is our soul not wealth and amount of tithe we give.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by mcqwerty(m): 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Meanwhile this is a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Do you need SEO for your site or blog?
Do you wish to start ranking on search results?
Do you wish to get search traffic to your website?
Do you need to know how to improve Adsense revenue on your blog?
Then email me asap for more information.
AdsStudios5@gmail.com
Cheers.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by LuvU2: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
tivta:
Adeboye is a...
Thief grin

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Talkwell: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
plessis:
Why is nobody talking about salvation again?....

Exactly, instead of the useless pastors to talk about salvation they're busy preaching sowing of seeds and tithes
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Harrynight(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

At last ur not only making sense but speaks the truth exactly, yes, 100% as it is in the Bible! grin
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Tecno66: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
I watched the telecast live. You didnt complete what he said. He actually went on to say if you choose to pay then the windows of heaven will be open to bless you as God promised and that there are people who have gone beyond paying 10% as tithe. He said some pay 30%, 50% and even 90% of their income. The choice is yours. He subsequently called for the tithe of the day. His message is just the way things are and it is that nobody will bring police to arrest you for not paying your tithe and offering. It is freewill, Or you don see where them arrest members for not paying tithe?
felifeli:
" There is nowhere in the Bible where it is written that tithing and giving offering is compulsory .But if you want to trust God with your finances you should even strive to do more than the tithe "

This was a part of the message of the G.O of MFM Ministries this morning at the international headquarters .

My own words:
So, what do you say scoffers? If you like chop nkwobi and Isi ewu and gulder with your money, if you like give it to your church . The choice is your. God no get address and no bank account.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Harrynight(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
LuvU2:
Thief grin

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

you know this much ,,God no call you !!
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

The moderator or whoever pushed this to front page
should have known that people are just as bad, as those fake news bloggers, and so will post anything to make front page

Should have waited for the source to see the transcript or confirm via link to watch the video of him and the exact words used
Not all these hearsay, made-up story or twisting what the man actually said just to give it undue interest
I was there, too. It wasn't the way he stated it.
When one wants to hid from God's obligations, he will find loop holes where he can say Mr A said so. That's just the case with him.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by hayotundeh: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
Dannyko:
Who are you to correct Dr. Olukoya? Can you even measure up to his wisdom?Most of your comments on Nairaland makes me laugh...like do people like this still exist?

Honestly, my 4 and half years old girl is more rational than you. You really need to get busy sir!
And let me inform you if you don't know, God cannot be modernised,He is the Ancient of Days.
The power of primitive faith....I see you sir

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles / Remember "Shade" From The Mount Zion Film Just A Little Sin? Then And Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.