Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

"Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men (21800 Views)

Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video) / "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Sikay19(m): 6:16am On Dec 04, 2017
This is nothing but bitter truth that some lazy guys would try to run away from.. You can't eat your cake and still have it. you can't be sharing bills with your wife and still claim head of a family. The African system is very patriarchal that subjects men as givers while women as the recipients.

1 Like

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by babslepe: 6:18am On Dec 04, 2017
Leave this one maybe he just made some free bucks, body dey catch am he his joking with poverty. What is so bad in sharing the bills with your woman the last I checked husband is not the same thing has DONKEY. As long as she is making some income then she has to take some bills up even if not towards the husband but the kids. My advice to any man out there that loves his family and kids especially make sure your wife is not idle no matter how rich you are.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by queenfav(f): 6:39am On Dec 04, 2017
Oga tell them!!! Some men don't rest when they know their wife is rich! That's where they share some children's school fees for her to be paying or ask her to contribute half of the rent. Number one reminds me of what my former boss once said "God forbid that I will be calculating my wife's money. That money is for her to buy stuff she wants, without asking me always for everything."
A woman can assist her man when the need arises, but it's a man's duty to feed his wife and care for their kids!That's why i love most Igbo men(yea, bae is one). They have pride and they work hard to care for their family . A man is supposed to be the provider!That's the essence of a man!

3 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Maser: 6:41am On Dec 04, 2017
Someone should remind us again about the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31:10-31. Wasn't she the one financing the home and doing all the chores?

Women these days want to be branded "virtuous" but shy away from inherent responsibilities.

This is a generation where social media is teaching people how to run marriages and every idiot becomes a marriage counsellor. Whoever, between the man and the woman that God has blessed with finances should bring the money to run the home without complaints.

Don't know how long that nigga has been in the business to be talking trash.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Wallade(m): 6:43am On Dec 04, 2017
amiibaby:
Very very on point

Honestly, I agree with item 2 & 3 but not item 1. Even when you have all the money in the world, involve your wife in sharing and contributing her resources to the development of the family and home. That is part of building a team and creating concrete sense of ownership. The marriage requires "our" collective responsibilities.

Marriage requires conscious effort of both parties to survive. Any lady that insists on his item 1 position is not ready for marriage or needs more understanding of marriage.

6 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by streamsofjoy(f): 6:45am On Dec 04, 2017
Pesuzok:
Why do people think that there is a recipe to a good marriage

There isn't. But there are principles that apply to all Becos we have the same thing in common- we' human.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by odehaj: 6:48am On Dec 04, 2017
Crap, crappy! A submissive & respective wife will still be even if you split bills,while a disrespectful & an arrogant will still be one even if you pay all bills. Why do Billionaires & Millionaires separate&divorce?

6 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Daddybright1986(m): 6:49am On Dec 04, 2017
That's not my problem...Pls any body that know where they're are registering for Libya returnee form should tell me.. Cos I heard Buhari want to give Libya returnees money.. I'm also a returnee.. Don't ask me where I returned from.. Cos returnee na returnee.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 04, 2017
amiibaby:
Very very on point
when ur husband is broke at the moment, u will allow him to die abi just because at the moment he is broke, women world wide are known to be stingy

3 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Wallade(m): 6:50am On Dec 04, 2017
queenfav:
Oga tell them!!! Some men don't rest when they know their wife is rich! That's where they share sone children's school fees for her to be paying or ask her to contribute half of the rent. My former boss once said "God forbid that I will be calculating my wife's money that's for her to buy stuff she wants, without asking me always for everything. A woman should assist her man, but it's a man's duty to feed his wife and care for their kids!That's why i love most Igbo men(yea, bae is one). They have pride and they work hard to care for their wives and children. God forbid that a real igbo man will stay at home relying on his wife's money! That's how it should be.

Your man is indulging you, this will keep you misguided so it will be difficult for you to understand him when he eventually needs your resources. You will see, those days that he will need your money will come.

However, no one is advocating that the husband should sit at home and have his wife work for money or generate money to sustain the home. The both of them have collective responsibilities to generate the resources, including money, to sustain and improve the home or marriage.

4 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Donjazzy12(m): 6:54am On Dec 04, 2017
NewsWorthy247:
Sharing his thought on Instagram, Nigerian man Wale Jana, told fellow men to leave their wives’ money because no woman prayed for a man she will be splitting bills with.

He further disclosed that when a man leaves such, he will further earn his respect in the home.

Here’s what he wrote;
"What Every Man Should Know:
1. Leave your wife’s money alone: No woman prayed for a husband she will be sharing bills with, every woman prays for a rich husband. If you truly want to enjoy your marriage and earn the respect of your wife, leave her money alone. I understand that if both of you are working you can put money together for rent, school fees and all but you must never make it a lifestyle. If you take money from her make sure you give back more than you collected.

Try this: whenever you need money, sow money to your wife and watch what God will do.

2. Practice what you preach: You cannot have a pot belly and tell your wife to be a size 8, you cannot stay at home on sundays and ask her to be a prayer warrior. You cannot expect her to submit and respect you when you are not a provider and working hard to give her the best.

3. Never stop dating your wife: you have to stay hot for your wife, let her be proud to say “that’s my man” one deadly mistake you can make is to think that nobody is trying to seduce your wife because you are married to her. You must give her attention, take her out, spoil her, don’t stop doing the little things that brought you together in the first place. If you treat her bad or make her feel like she’s nothing, she will find attention elsewhere, you must safeguard your wife against yoruba demons, hausa demons and all sorts of demons.

May you receive common sense in Jesus name.

You too can be a social media evangelist kindly share so that others can be blessed as you have been blessed. Thank you for reading.

#JesusDidIt #ThankYouJesus"

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/your-wifes-money-alone-nigerian-man.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

He made some money. That is how foolish some men are. See the idiots face. He is now an advocate for women's rights. We should sow into our wives life? Kai a lot of men of nowadays are just pure fools.

Wait, very soon that marriage will come crashing down.

Women should use their money for themselves ba? Good . Why are they working at all, If the man should provide all the money? They should stay at home as full house wives then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by uk10(m): 6:54am On Dec 04, 2017
Then the wife should do all the cooking and cleaning since I am the one taking care if the family without assistance

2 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by rOsy247(f): 7:00am On Dec 04, 2017
Correct guy. True talk
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by wtfcoded: 7:02am On Dec 04, 2017
So gender equality no reach pocket side abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by queenfav(f): 7:02am On Dec 04, 2017
Wallade:

Your man is indulging you, this will keep you misguided so it will be difficult for you to understand him when he eventually needs your resources. You will see, those days that he will need your money will come.
It will.. Right now sef we have a lot of financial projects. I have offered him money, he told me, "Honey, keep your money for your business.I can only take from you as a loan when it's very necessary".
When he does needs my money at some point in time, I am so willing to assist..He has invested financially in me and my business, so i can't say no to him. What i have a problem with is husbands who can afford to care for the family alone, but purposely involve their wives because she has too much money. If he is down and can't do pay the bills.. That's a different scenario, the wifey ought to carry the home for a while.
You won't get it sha, It's sweet when a woman knows her man can take care of her needs!No matter how rich a woman is, she still feels loved and pampered knowing her man is a provider. That's what makes a man get respect in his home o. Don't be deceived at all. I am not a feminist so i don't believe in gender equality.How else can a man show his Lordship over his woman? When u can't even pay rent for the house you married her into by yourself?
If a man can afford to,he shouldn't place financial burdens on his woman.Let her offer to help instead,than him imposing it. Women don't like men that are always running to them for assistance or relying on their money (especially if she was already rich before you married her). When she sees that u hv done your best, but can't foot some bills. A good woman will naturally step in to help. Also, when a man loses his job or sth, that's a good time for his wife to step in till things improve.. Asides that, a man should be able to substantially care for his family pls! Even the Bible says "A man that cannot provide for his household is worse than an infidel". - 1st Timothy 5:8

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Wallade(m): 7:07am On Dec 04, 2017
Sikay19:
This is nothing but bitter truth that some lazy guys would try to run away from.. You can't eat your cake and still have it. you can't be sharing bills with your wife and still claim head of a family. The African system is very patriarchal that subjects men as givers while women as the recipients.

So, should we continue to live with that deceit in bold letters even when you have the will but less or no ability. Have you observed that the Nigerian labor market is more favorably disposed to employing the women than men of late.
The majority of the men are left to create jobs for themselves and coop with the pressure in the market and bills of the business and home, I think the men need help from their wives especially since she works and generate income.

Stop this mentality of: his money is our money while her money is her money. It never helped our forefathers, it made them demanding and overbearing on their women. We need to change that orientation and start seeing marriage as a team work and joint investment. #SaveTheMarriedMan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 7:07am On Dec 04, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!

the shiit he wrote is probably aimed at all them ungrateful and lazy good for nothing women out there, looking for a rich man to take care of their deluded needs.
if a woman earns money and she doesnt think it is RIGHT for her to contribute to the family well being, then she should be dropped like a bad rash. a husband shouldnt even ask his wife to chip in, she should do it because thats the RIGHT thing to do.

I hope you also assist her in the kitchen. Some Nigeria men sha. When it comes to house chores, the woman should do her work alone like an African woman but when it comes to taking care of the house financially, the woman should contribute like a western lady. They hardly stick to one, always swerving to favour themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Ayesa: 7:10am On Dec 04, 2017
Wallade:

However, no one is advocating that the husband should sit at home and have his wife work for money or generate money to sustain the home. The both of them have collective responsibilities to generate the resources, including money, to sustain and improve the home or marriage.

Depending on the purchasing power of the husband, a man as rich as Dangote can fund all the family expences without blinking an eye same cannot be said of an average income earners

1 Like

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 7:11am On Dec 04, 2017
Wallade:

So, should we continue to live with that deceit in bold letters even when you have the will but less or no ability. Have you observed that the Nigerian labor market is more favorably disposed to employing the women than men of late.
The majority of the men are left to create jobs for themselves and coop with the pressure in the market and bills of the business and home, I think the men need help from their wives especially since she works and generate income.

Stop this mentality of: his money is our money while her money is her money. It never helped our forefathers, it made them demanding and overbearing on their women. We need to change that orientation and start seeing marriage as a team work and joint investment. #SaveTheMarriedMan

Bro, if you don't want it the African way, just stick to western style where you and your wife should share all the house chores including cooking and taking care of the children because that is how it is done where women are meant to contribute financially. Everything is shared equally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 7:14am On Dec 04, 2017
uk10:
Then the wife should do all the cooking and cleaning since I am the one taking care if the family without assistance

Yes bro, that is African style.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 04, 2017
Is that so?

Meaning we will also split cooking. He cooks three days a week and I cook the other four days.

Since I have joined him in equally providing.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Elis49(f): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2017
Another one...#fact
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Wallade(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2017
Ayesa:
[/right]
Depending on the purchasing power of the husband, a man as rich as Dangote can fund all the family expences without blinking an eye same cannot be said of an average income earners

Ever wondered why Dangote was divorced from marriage twice, I wonder too but I have some reason to think it could also be the annoying expectation of women like you that Dangote can fund all the expenses without blinking an eye.

Even if I am Bill Gates, my wife should be employed and make valuable contribution, including finances, to a sustainable home or family, she will be part of the decision process in the home and add value to the home.

5 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by pocohantas(f): 7:27am On Dec 04, 2017
I don't know why I do not support this.
What then is she using her money to do?
This is how financial irresponsibility starts. Everyone should be useful in the family...financially, domestically, spiritually...etc.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Wallade(m): 7:29am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

Bro, if you don't want it the African way, just stick to western style where you and your wife should share all the house chores including cooking and taking care of the children because that is how it is done where women are meant to contribute financially. Everything is shared equally.

So you would rather contribute the money while she does all the chores in the house, carry the babies for nine months in her tummy, care for the babies after birth and care for the big baby in your person too all because you bring the cash.

Are you not tired of this approach? Does it still work in today's world. Life is dynamic and changing, so is marriage. Why should it bother you to assist your wife with home chores, if you have the time. If you don't, engage a house help to assist. The home chores are not her responsibilities alone, so also is the financing of the home not the man's exclusive responsibilities.#SaveTheMarriedMan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2017
streamsofjoy:

There isn't. But there are principles that apply to all Becos we have the same thing in common- we' human.

No principle apply to all.

Unless you are greedy, before you will see your husband struggling financially and still keep your money to yourself.

Let's stop living in fantasy. Things will happen.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 04, 2017
Wallade:

Ever wondered why Dangote was divorced from marriage twice, I wonder too but I have some reason to think it could also be the annoying expectation of women like you that Dangote can fund all the expenses without blinking an eye.

Even if I am Bill Gates, my wife should be employed and make valuable contribution, including finances, to a sustainable home or family, she will be part of the decision process in the home and add value to the home.

I'm telling you. It's thinking like this that makes men see their wives as liabilities and then go for assets outside.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

I hope you also assist her in the kitchen. Some Nigeria men sha. When it comes to house chores, the woman should do her work alone like an African woman but when it comes to taking care of the house financially, the woman should contribute like a western lady. They hardly stick to one, always swerving to favour themselves.

dont insult us men with such BS.... what you wrote above shows us all your level of low self esteem. see how you wrote that a woman's job is in the kitchen... poor soul, shame on you! but then again, what you suggest the wife use her money on?! Brazilian hair?! Gucci bags?! build her own mansion in secret?!?! ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!

btw: in Nigeria where everyone has a maid, you wanna tell me that MADAM who earns a salary will cook and clean after work while the housegirl watches telenovelas, abi?!?!? BWAAAAAAH! i suggest you keep quiet if you have nothing valuable to bring to this issue.

2 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Michael004: 7:37am On Dec 04, 2017
GloriaNinja:
HE IS STATING THE FACT THAT THOUGH... A MAN SHOULD BE THE HEAD OF THE HOUSE... NOT THE TAIL.
But you can fight for gender equality right?

3 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:46am On Dec 04, 2017
pocohantas:
I don't know why I do not support this.
What then is she using her money to do?
This is how financial irresponsibility starts. Everyone should be useful in the family...financially, domestically, spiritually...etc.

I blinked twice to check that Pocohantas wrote that.

Are you sure your BF isn't the one using your account.

Well...your comment shows you are not from an impoverished background.

It's only hungry gals who insist on not contributing a dime to the household. But same goes for the guys, those who insist on not even helping out no matter how little are often village-bred.

By the way...i believe a woman should do household chores...i just help out when I can. A man should foot the main bills...but a wife should help out when she can

3 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 7:46am On Dec 04, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

dont insult us men with such BS.... what you wrote above shows us all your level of low self esteem. see how you wrote that a woman's job is in the kitchen... poor soul, shame on you! but then again, what you suggest the wife use her money on?! Brazilian hair?! Gucci bags?! build her own mansion in secret?!?! ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!

btw: in Nigeria where everyone has a maid, you wanna tell me that MADAM who earns a salary will cook and clean after work while the housegirl watches telenovelas, abi?!?!? BWAAAAAAH! i suggest you keep quiet if you have nothing valuable to bring to this issue.

You are the one to keep quiet because you brain is not functioning properly. There is nothing like don't insult us men, I used the word some men which unfortunately you fell into that category so stop been lazy and dragging other meaningful men to your nonsense. There are 2 options; African style or western style, so choose one and maintain that lane, why swerving?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Admits She Killed Her Three Disabled Children / Couple Welcomes Quadruplets In Jos After 7 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Lady Outs Her Estranged Mum After She Bragged Being A Proud Mother On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.