Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

"Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men (21802 Views)

Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video) / "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 7:50am On Dec 04, 2017
Wallade:

So you would rather contribute the money while she does all the chores in the house, carry the babies for nine months in her tummy, care for the babies after birth and care for the big baby in your person too all because you bring the cash.

Are you not tired of this approach? Does it still work in today's world. Life is dynamic and changing, so is marriage. Why should it bother you to assist your wife with home chores, if you have the time. If you don't, engage a house help to assist. The home chores are not her responsibilities alone, so also is the financing of the home not the man's exclusive responsibilities.#SaveTheMarriedMan

Haba, you quote the wrong person. My comments are that the men that want it African style, should go for it completely while the ones that want it western style should go for it completely and not taking only the part that suits them in each style.

1 Like

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Queenxee: 7:58am On Dec 04, 2017
This guy just made my day, jahbless.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by engrelvis(m): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2017
D problem v with dis issue is dis.d essence of taking care of our kids is for dem to take of us at old age.a man will spend most of active age slaving n taking care of his family all in d name dat d wife will respect him.at d end of d day when d man is weak n God forbid u v issue with d wifey,d same woman u v been slaving for will turn d children against u. most children switch to their mother side at old age esp in Africa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by generationz(f): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2017
queenfav:
Oga tell them!!! Some men don't rest when they know their wife is rich! That's where they share some children's school fees for her to be paying or ask her to contribute half of the rent. Number one reminds me of what my former boss once said "God forbid that I will be calculating my wife's money. That money is for her to buy stuff she wants, without asking me always for everything."
A woman can assist her man when the need arises, but it's a man's duty to feed his wife and care for their kids!That's why i love most Igbo men(yea, bae is one). They have pride and they work hard to care for their family . A man is supposed to be the provider!That's the essence of a man!
Congrats favour

You are a truly lucky lady, to have such a man.

Congrats in advance on your wedding
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by generationz(f): 8:05am On Dec 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Her money is her money, but my money is our money mentality abi?

Kolewerk...........
Are you yoruba?
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:07am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

You are the one to keep quiet because you brain is not functioning properly. There is nothing like don't insult us men, I used the word some men which unfortunately you fell into that category so stop been lazy and dragging other meaningful men to your nonsense. There are 2 options; African style or western style, so choose one and maintain that lane, why swerving?

listen, if you are not willing to accept (or dont like) my views then DONT QUOTE ME, but if you make that mistake, then its all on your deluded self. YOU quoted me, YOU have a problem with what i wrote, and now YOU want to make it seem like i give a damn what you think?!?!? bwaaaaah, i suggest YOU maintain your lane!

again, people like you are deluded... you are so weak that you need to control your women (or be controlled by men), and you use money to do that. thats why you will always look down on a woman being financially independednt and you rather keep her CLUELESS in the kitchen. ARRANT DELUDED NONSENSE!!!

1 Like

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Hedonistically: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2017
See the useless girls here approving and concurring with this viewpoint. Awon anywhere belle face 'feminists'. Idiots.

Later, you would tell me that if I cheat, you can cheat too... That if you forgive me when I cheat, that what's wrong in me forgiving you when you cheat too? You would follow me to be dragging right. Gender equality. What kind of disgusting 'eat here and eat there too' sense of entitlement is that?

These things are not serious. Honestly. It's so easy to be a misogynist in this part of the world.

4 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by queenfav(f): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2017
generationz:

Congrats favour

You are a truly lucky lady, to have such a man.

Congrats in advance on your wedding
Thanks dearie. Na God just carry am dash me o. Always thankful i have him.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 8:25am On Dec 04, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

listen, if you are not willing to accept (or dont like) my views then DONT QUOTE ME, but if you make that mistake, then its all on your deluded self. YOU quoted me, YOU have a problem with what i wrote, and now YOU want to make it seem like i give a damn what you think?!?!? bwaaaaah, i suggest YOU maintain your lane!

again, people like you are deluded... you are so weak that you need to control your women (or be controlled by men), and you use money to do that. thats why you will always look down on a woman being financially independednt and you rather keep her CLUELESS in the kitchen. ARRANT DELUDED NONSENSE!!!

grin get back to work and make your money for your family. Stop depending on your wife's money. You getting married to her means you are a full grown man that won't depend on anyone so why asking her money?. Today you will ask her to contribute, tomorrow you will relax and allow her bring all the money while you sit at home watching only television. I know your type.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:26am On Dec 04, 2017
thos one na small boy talk weyjust newly enter marriage....wat do you even mean by leave you wife money, then all this talk come enter...you forget that todaywomen are the bread winners in most homes
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Zoken: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2017
Same reason why African men die a thousand ways faster than their wives. He spend all his youthful energy trying to uphold an obsolete culture and end up like his fore fathers. Even in the olden days when men were treated as demi gods, and when farming is the only means of livelihood, itz the wife and children that do the farm work. In short, he marries many wives to produce many children that will help him out. You think he is foolish?
It has never been the man, it has always been abt the FAMILY.
Couples should sit down and determine what is good for them, not what their parents and the society decides. Little wonder to see men kukuma use their overdependent and society blinded wives (who stop using their brains and rely on others for decision making) for money rituals and rest their thing. Some start stealing, kidnapping and do all sort of unimaginable things to fend for one unreasonable blood sucking parasite at home.
Women, pls do not over push ur husbands, u ve no idea how the end will be.
Abeg, hand don dey pain me, I no type again. Lol

4 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

grin get back to work and make your money for your family. Stop depending on your wife's money. You getting married to her means you are a full grown man that won't depend on anyone so why asking her money?. Today you will ask her to contribute, tomorrow you will relax and allow her bring all the money while you sit at home watching only television. I know your type.

what a man can do, a woman can ALSO do....there are no free rides in my world! if a wife earns a salary, then technically that money is NOT hers but the family's.... she can accept it or go find a deluded husband who will allow his woman to spend her money recklessly. a wife is suppose to be a PARTNER, therefore let her learn how to focus on what is important "as a family", not use her money for selfish means.

1 Like

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:37am On Dec 04, 2017
Gush. Some ladies here are hypocrites. So it has come to the issue of money Nd they all supported this statements.Apart from pocohantas, non of them saw reasons on why they should support their man financially abi? But tomorrow they will be clamouring for equality. So I ask,what is equality if ur money is your Nd his is ours? Ladies u people should come out clean on exactly what u want. Stop this hypocrisy. Just like Toke Makinwa was busy bleeping a 76 ur old man Nd still tell her followers that she is self made.

3 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:01am On Dec 04, 2017
Randy100:
He is talking nonsense, a wife is a helpmate. If she doesn't give you money what will she use the money she earns to do.
Build an empire of her own, sponsor her family, have her estate and ultimately become proud.

1 Like

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

what a man can do, a woman can ALSO do....there are no free rides in my world! if a wife earns a salary, then technically that money is NOT hers but the family's.... she can accept it or go find a deluded husband who will allow his woman to spend her money recklessly. a wife is suppose to be a PARTNER, therefore let her learn how to focus on what is important "as a family", not use her money for selfish means.

Na wah oh. And who told you the woman will spend the money recklessly. The woman should save the money for her children's future in case you are not there tomorrow. I have asked you simply question but you have not answered. Will you also share other house chores with her when she shares financial upkeep with you? It is only in Nigeria a man would go to work and come back to start demanding food from his wife that came back from work few minutes or hours after the man had come back from work. Did they break the man's hand to enter the kitchen and prepare food for both himself and the wife who hasn't come back from work yet? Yet you want financial upkeep to be shared when you can't share every other thing in the house. Keep deceiving yourself there.

2 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Lexusgs430: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2017
generationz:

Are you yoruba?

Tell me why, before I answer.......
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2017
This is funny, I earn N150k and the wife also earns N150k, you mean I should ignore her money and let the family focus only on my own income, what would she be doing with her own money...just asking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Angy55(f): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2017
People are only focused on the point 1. What happened to point 2 & 3?

Money palava everywhere.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

Na wah oh. And who told you the woman will spend the money recklessly.

if the money is NOT used for the family direct wellbeing then it is spent recklessly.....what matters most IS the family wellbeing, any other BS is irrelevant.

The woman should save the money for her children's future in case you are not there tomorrow.

see how you are quick to dismiss the life of a man.... BOTH should save their money for the children's future (meaning HER money and HIS in a joint account)

I have asked you simply question but you have not answered. Will you also share other house chores with her when she shares financial upkeep with you? It is only in Nigeria a man would go to work and come back to start demanding food from his wife that came back from work few minutes or hours after the man had come back from work. Did they break the man's hand to enter the kitchen and prepare food for both himself and the wife who hasn't come back from work yet? Yet you want financial upkeep to be shared when you can't share every other thing in the house. Keep deceiving yourself there.

stop writing rubbish... the housegirl/boy cooks and clean. NO married working woman in Nigeria goes home after a long day at work to start cooking and cleaning the house. get real, its only the unemployed trophy wife that does that, in between watching telenovelas!

4 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Jman06(m): 9:21am On Dec 04, 2017
I don't support this idea because i believe the home belongs to both the man and woman EQUALLY. I don't also buy this idea of "The man is the head" or "The woman is the neck". The home is for the two and the responsibilities of running it belongs to both.

My only problem is with some men who, despite the woman's contributions, don't respect their wives but throw all sorts of rubbish at them, chief among which is infidelity. Those are the men that should hide their faces in shame.

Ladies should be careful not to take this kind of advice because it's been known that men with this mindset usually have ulterior motive. Any lady that ends with a man who wanted a stay at home wife or a wife who wouldn't make significant contributions to the finances of the home stands higher chances of being cheated on and abused by the man. The greatest tool abusive men employ is to render their wives financially incapacitated or irrelevant. The man will see the house as his own and his own alone such that the wife will only be seen and not heard . That is not the kind of marriage i wish my unborn daughters or my sisters. I would want them to be in marriages where they can be respected for their impacts in the household, and not where they will be seen as second fiddles.

My elder sisters who are married are not second fiddles in their homes and that is why i can go to their houses and have peace of mind, and their husbands testify to how blessed they are to have them as wives.

5 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by sirusX(m): 9:23am On Dec 04, 2017
abdeiz:
He's one of the reasons our girls be having misplaced priorities
Just like a lady that stated that she can never pay on a date with a guy...even to the extent of saying that’s a guy’s job

This is one of the shallow reasons girls like that make noise
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by noskcid(m): 9:25am On Dec 04, 2017
See this one o
You don see gullible people wey you wan advise abi?
''For this reason shall a man leave his parent and cleave unto his wife and they shall became one'
Whatsoever they have afterwards belong to both of them and none is claiming ownership to anything.
Some people will not know what marriage is and they will jump into it.
this guy issa olodo undecided
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 9:33am On Dec 04, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

if the money is NOT used for the family direct wellbeing then it is spent recklessly.....what matters most IS the family wellbeing, any other BS is irrelevant.

see how you are quick to dismiss the life of a man.... BOTH should save their money for the children's future (meaning HER money and HIS in a joint account)

stop writing rubbish... the housegirl/boy cooks and clean. NO married working woman in Nigeria goes home after a long day at work to start cooking and cleaning the house. get real, its only the unemployed trophy wife that does that, in between watching telenovelas!

You need to wake up bro, some working women do the cooking while the house help if there is any does the food warming. And yes the woman should save for her children's future in case you are not there tomorrow and if the woman goes before you then the money would still be there for the children's future but definitely not in the husband care, otherwise the man will remarry and spend the money with the new wife thereby leaving yours as helpers. A word is enough for the wise, save your money for your children's future not for contribution. tongue
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2017
noskcid:
See this one o
You don see gullible people wey you wan advise abi?
''For this reason shall a man leave his parent and cleave unto his wife and they shall became one'
Whatsoever they have afterwards belong to both of them and none is claiming ownership to anything.
Some people will not know what marriage is and they will jump into it.
this guy issa olodo undecided

You sound very well like Nigeria pastors who only take the point that favours them.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2017
sirusX:

Just like a lady that stated that she can never pay on a date with a guy...even to the extent of saying that’s a guy’s job

This is one of the shallow reasons girls like that make noise

Western style, both of them will contribute the money and pay but African style the man has to pay. Everything depends on the style you want to run your relationship.
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

You need to wake up bro, some working women do the cooking while the house help if there is any does the food warming. And yes the woman should save for her children's future in case you are not there tomorrow and if the woman goes before you then the money would still be there for the children's future but definitely not in the husband care, otherwise the man will remarry and spend the money with the new wife thereby leaving yours as helpers. A word is enough for the wise, save your money for your children's future not for contribution. tongue

imagine the ARRANT NONSENSE written above?!?!?!?!?!
if a woman cannot share her salary with her husband because she doesnt trust him, then that woman should A) NOT be married to this man, and B) should expect the exact same selfish act by her husband (if/when you decide to use your dead husband home and wealth on your new bf).

as i said to you, marriage is a PARTNERSHIP, and if women are not willing to share EVERYTHING, they should stay single. listen to yourself... you dont trust men and want to keep your money in case bla bla bla but look down on a man who wants you to share your money with your family. what a selfish person you are!

2 Likes

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by mavinc4u(f): 9:52am On Dec 04, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

imagine the ARRANT NONSENSE written above?!?!?!?!?!
if a woman cannot share her salary with her husband because she doesnt trust him, then that woman should A) NOT be married to this man, and B) should expect the exact same selfish act by her husband (if/when you decide to use your dead husband home and wealth on your new bf).

as i said to you, marriage is a PARTNERSHIP, and if women are not willing to share EVERYTHING, they should stay single. listen to yourself... you dont trust men and want to keep your money in case bla bla bla but look down on a man who wants you to share your money with your family. what a selfish person you are!

Will you share house chores with your wife; yes or No?
Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:58am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:
. Will you share house chores with your wife; yes or No?

again, housegirl/boy does house chores... so wifey (or husband) doesnt cook unless she wants to, doesnt clean unless she wants to and certainly doesnt handwash clothes because thats what washing machine are for! only a very deluded cheap selfish person would expect wifey to cook after a long day at work, but she would certainly PAY for her share of all the home expenses (housegirl/boy included)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Mariopgomery(m): 10:11am On Dec 04, 2017
queenfav:
Oga tell them!!! Some men don't rest when they know their wife is rich! That's where they share some children's school fees for her to be paying or ask her to contribute half of the rent. Number one reminds me of what my former boss once said "God forbid that I will be calculating my wife's money. That money is for her to buy stuff she wants, without asking me always for everything."
A woman can assist her man when the need arises, but it's a man's duty to feed his wife and care for their kids!That's why i love most Igbo men(yea, bae is one). They have pride and they work hard to care for their family . A man is supposed to be the provider!That's the essence of a man!

Essence of a man is to provide and nothing more? I feel insulted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Jman06(m): 10:25am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

Will you share house chores with your wife; yes or No?
Yes!!! Any big deal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by Hedonistically: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2017
That was how one woman who earns a decent salary was mounting financial pressure on her husband, because she was busy spending money on her layabout jobless brothers. The man asked, what do you use all your salary for, and she answered that she was sending some to her brothers and her family. The man asked, so don't I also have brothers and sisters to give all my money to? Why should I spend all the money I have on us (me, you and our young child), while you channel your own money towards your brothers and family? How selfish and unreasonable is that?

That's how useless many of these disgusting Nigerian women are. Too many of them prioritise their old family (siblings and parents) over their husband. They spend much of their money on their family and expect the husband, as the glorified ATM that he is in their eyes, to carry the financial cross of the household alone. God knows I will never tolerate such nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men by noskcid(m): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

You sound very well like Nigeria pastors who only take the point that favours them.

No nau
OK where am I missing it now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village / What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut / The Roles Of A Father!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.